What have you done to your A4 b6 today?

I know these springs are cheaper than the Eibach kit but do they perform as well such as in ride height and ride quality?

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 348
Reactions: swarcup, krs187uk and Welshquattro
Il be putting my standard springs and shocks back on today.
Coilovers are ****** and seized. So need something more practical. Plus I've been looking at new wheels ;)

Following on from my post on Sunday - 99% of the following parts have now arrived;

- Timing belt, tensioner & pulley,
- Aux belt & Power steering belt,
- Injector crush washers & seals,
- Intake manifold gaskets,
- Camshaft oil seals,
- Waterpump,
- Thermostat,
- Fuel Filter,
- Rocker cover gaskets,
- Injector leak-off pipes and crush washers,
- Fresh oil & coolant

I decided to remove all the belts / tensioners ready for re-assembly on Saturday, I was shocked at what I found.
As-well as finding the predicted seized waterpump, when I removed one of the metal pulley supports (behind the aux belts) the cambelt pulley decided to literally fall out in a few different pieces.
I also found the tensioner bearing to be very, very stiff - it only span one way and got stuck when trying to spin the other way;

Looks like water has leaked from the shaft / core plug on the water-pump and a very slow trickle of water (small enough not to need to top-up coolant) has killed off the tensioner and pulley below it.

I'm considering myself quite lucky at the moment - I reckon the belt was seconds away from snapping.

I now officially hate the 2.5TDi engine - its cost me a fair whack of cash over the past 50,000 miles (cams included).
I also discovered I need two front driveshafts (inner boots split) - my fault though due to lowering.

Hoping to be back on the road again by Sunday.
I will be selling this car early next year!

Cars booked in for a thermostat change due to it only reaching 55/60 on dash dial.

Drove to Birmingham yesterday and collected a full set of S4 Black plastics with roof lining so shall be swapping that out this week plus fitting the black roof rails whist the interiors out.

Following on from my post on Sunday - 99% of the following parts have now arrived;

- Timing belt, tensioner & pulley,
- Aux belt & Power steering belt,
- Injector crush washers & seals,
- Intake manifold gaskets,
- Camshaft oil seals,
- Waterpump,
- Thermostat,
- Fuel Filter,
- Rocker cover gaskets,
- Injector leak-off pipes and crush washers,
- Fresh oil & coolant

I decided to remove all the belts / tensioners ready for re-assembly on Saturday, I was shocked at what I found.
As-well as finding the predicted seized waterpump, when I removed one of the metal pulley supports (behind the aux belts) the cambelt pulley decided to literally fall out in a few different pieces.
I also found the tensioner bearing to be very, very stiff - it only span one way and got stuck when trying to spin the other way;

Looks like water has leaked from the shaft / core plug on the water-pump and a very slow trickle of water (small enough not to need to top-up coolant) has killed off the tensioner and pulley below it.

I'm considering myself quite lucky at the moment - I reckon the belt was seconds away from snapping.

I now officially hate the 2.5TDi engine - its cost me a fair whack of cash over the past 50,000 miles (cams included).
I also discovered I need two front driveshafts (inner boots split) - my fault though due to lowering.

Hoping to be back on the road again by Sunday.
I will be selling this car early next year!

My 1.9tdi has just had the same done mate cost me £1600 but runs like new now
Still going to sell it next year. I'm even taking the coilovers off to avoid future repairs such as drive shafts Etc

Got the paperwork for my plates to fitted them today and added led plate lights last week

Reactions: Greeny233
Soo...

A very long afternoon of swearing. Fitted my S4 Black interior this afternoon, managed it all except the boot plastics as it got dark. Also fitted the black roof rails whilst the roof lining was out. Fitted brand Spanker O.E rear cluster too as the rubber rain guard had fallen off my old one. Going to remove the Centre console* this week and give that some plasticote love. New handbrake cover and gear knob going in.

Reactions: Welshquattro
Yesterday I drove my car home :w00t:

Finished the engine at 5am Sunday, went home for a few hours sleep then returned to time the fuel pump and put the front end back on.

The low engine rev ticking has gone (replaced injector seals and crush washers) - I think some combustion gas was entering the cylinder head via the injector - which could also explain why I had oil leaking from the cam seals.

I am more familiar with the 2.5tdi engine than I had ever anticipated. :wacko:

Happy its home anyway, oily fingerprints all over the front end.
Awaiting front drive-shafts this week so I can get them swapped over.

Reactions: Greeny233, sumo, Welshquattro and 1 other person
Well today finally after giving up on finding front wings in my colour ly7r iv booked my car in for both rusty front wings to be fixed and painted and also my spare votex side skirts are being painted at the same time so by next week end my car should be looking nice and un rusty at last!!!!

Finally finished the interior swap,complete PITA really but very pleased with the new look to the inside of the car. Here's some completely rubbish pictures to look at. Will get some better ones once Ive redone my centre console. Shes not as nice as some of your cars but shes a lot better than when I bought her :)

IMG_0105.jpg

IMG_0106.jpg

I've just been out and tried machine polishing my roof to remove some scratches put there by the P.O. using the roof rails.

Ended up wearing more Farecla G3 compound on the top part of my body than the roof! Scratches still there and the roof is now shiney.....in places! lol

Gave up. Washed the car again. But needs a damn good wash to remove all the little 'tar' and 'sap' bits before doing with a machine really.

I've just been out and tried machine polishing my roof to remove some scratches put there by the P.O. using the roof rails.

Ended up wearing more Farecla G3 compound on the top part of my body than the roof! Scratches still there and the roof is now shiney.....in places! lol

Gave up. Washed the car again. But needs a damn good wash to remove all the little 'tar' and 'sap' bits before doing with a machine really.

Use a claybar before polishing.. Always.. Claybar is da s***

Yesterday I replaced my rear prop-shaft.
It had been knocking under heavy load for the past two years, progressively getting worse (dead center bearing/support), but only recently found a 2nd hand one for a reasonable price.

Because im also an idiot who should know better and 11.30pm not being late enough - I shot some gas through the exhaust whilst it was off (you can see the prop in the background);

[url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/86163979/2014-08-07%2023.42.26.mov

[/URL]

Last edited:
Reactions: THQuattro, mattyb6 and ruffrida
Split my headlights on Monday night and blacked them out look good tbf
a6utygeq.jpg

Reactions: Greeny233, rbailey88 and ruffrida
Make sure you have sealed them properly.
When its raining heavy,while driving,at some point check the headlights as most cases the condensation will occur.
Much better imho.

Heat gun and then prised it of with a flat head screwdriver and then a Stanley knife for the fiddly bits :) it's not a hard process just time consuming

Yeah I have put loads of sealant on them deano :) i will do, but can't see any yet tho :) yeah they look loads better just after a new bumper now

Fitted me new springs, sline shocks, and B5 perches. Proper made up.

Reactions: Cobra88, AlexGSi2000 and sumo
Drove to Scotland for an S4 headliner and trim, then drove back and fitted it all.

Reactions: sumo, Cobra88 and Sandra
Finished work then started washing my car (aitp tomorrow) until it was dark... And it rained soon as I started!

Bad pics as my flash packed in too!
Actual moment my flash died on my phone! aha!

Nice work with the headlight blacking,I need to grow a pair and do this with mine.

I re trimmed my B pillars in 3M carbon, not too sure about it at the moment as it breaks up the black look of the window area, would love real gloss carbon but waaay expensive, toying with doing the rear C pillar triangles too. Also fitted some smoked side repeaters, again I'm not too sure if I like the look, all experimental at the moment. I think things will look different once the bumpers are coded and the black alloys are on.

Nice work with the headlight blacking,I need to grow a pair and do this with mine.

I re trimmed my B pillars in 3M carbon, not too sure about it at the moment as it breaks up the black look of the window area, would love real gloss carbon but waaay expensive, toying with doing the rear C pillar triangles too. Also fitted some smoked side repeaters, again I'm not too sure if I like the look, all experimental at the moment. I think things will look different once the bumpers are coded and the black alloys are on.

I've done the triangles andy
Have a look in the first few pages of this thread

(Wait got a pic)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407675743387003ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407675769836317

Just got my Aircon regassed with 520 g

only 360g recovered so was low.

frosty now :)

Were you getting a warning before filling it up? a friend told me there's no point in trying to try and fill it up, it's full unless the car says otherwise :(

No mate you dont get a warning

When you fill the system the equipment first recovers the refridgerant and oil out of the system before it regasses.

The machine reads out how much it recovers before filling.

My 1.9 tdi takes 500g +-20g

topping up is how you kill your AC Compressor
you never top up the system as you have no idea how much oil is left in the compressor so you will have all refridgerant and no oil
more than likely which you can imagine will not be good news for the pump bearings.

Last edited:
Fitted a Dension Ice>Link yesterday onto my Symphony II. Works well, I just need to organise my music a bit better. Also waiting for a 20 pin iso harness lead to fix it all completely.

Dropped it off to body shop for front wings and skirts to be painted :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407927684894428ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407927695240584

Reactions: ruffrida
Fitted my new leather gaiter and gear knob today,had to swap the 6spd insert back over to my 5spd one. Also rewrapped the surround and ashtray with Gloss 4D carbon vinyl,think it looks better than the old stuff I had on there. Still to remove centre console and plasticote it in a couple of weeks time then try to fit my new aftermarket headunit too.

b32014f2-dee1-43db-b5f3-7eae51e082ea.png

Reactions: AudidriverA4
Managed to buy a dented b7 front door for £1 from ebay complete, swapped over the regulator, heated mirror and finger plate as they where mint, and now have a load of spares and a working window, bargain

Reactions: S4_dan