What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I have finally changed my headliner from cream to black soooo much better but deffo wouldn’t do it again. Whilst it was out I had to do the starlight’s. Did this all in 1 and half days. Best mod so far. Is there a way I can attract a video? Don’t know how too

Reactions: aqibi2000 and ch1z64
Changed the cambelt and water pump due to time. Car only on 105k
Fitted gfb dv+
fitted forge quick shift up/down. Original plastic one was worn and forge wasn’t much more money. Not shortened the shift yet.
fitted new expansion tank with Porsche lid.
fitted black washer cap
Got the rocker cover gasket to replace and vis balance shaft delete to fit tomorrow along with oil and filter change using millers.
Not too far off getting it back on the road now!

Reactions: ch1z64
319ba27b0e12801a98629640b9757269.jpg
fc0d50d8953be352756a09b5a49e9dec.jpg

Jay_rs3 for more oem+ rare mods. Going to replace the red LEDs for white to match the rest of my 8P interior

Reactions: tcardio
I have finally changed my headliner from cream to black soooo much better but deffo wouldn’t do it again. Whilst it was out I had to do the starlight’s. Did this all in 1 and half days. Best mod so far. Is there a way I can attract a video? Don’t know how too

Here’s a photo

Attachments

• 49C449FA-808B-4334-A803-924FB3BF0AD8.jpeg
    49C449FA-808B-4334-A803-924FB3BF0AD8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
Reactions: e9_mustii and phateuk
Some of you may know from my threads here that I've been having some major issues with fuel economy (for quite some time). I have just had a new revision G diverter valve (both Audi original parts) installed and a new thermostat to see if this will sort the issue. The temp probs I have been having seem to have been sorted, temp now sits at around 93-94 deg and its not dropping when I drive.

The other changes made over the year were to try and address the fuel economy issue were:
  • Coolant Sensor
  • PCV
I've filled the tank so let's see how much I get out of it, I've not been able to get much over 200 miles on a full tank since I hit these problems 18 months ago.

Last edited:
Finally got around to replacing my cluster with the 983G version. After a few tweaks I’ve sorted my needle sweep, boost gauge, lap timer, oil temp and all the other toys in my little 1.9 TDI.

4dd92045573f9d7c85e02c309bd766b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: aqibi2000 and George Kost
New tyres, bye bye temporary ditch finders....

3c2da835f32cccaf1936941c70dd1bac.jpg

Finally got around to replacing my cluster with the 983G version. After a few tweaks I’ve sorted my needle sweep, boost gauge, lap timer, oil temp and all the other toys in my little 1.9 TDI.

4dd92045573f9d7c85e02c309bd766b2.jpg

Boost guage ????? Show meeeee

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Got it built back up and went for a shakedown. First time I’ve driven it in 2 years woop. Cleared off all the issues causing lights on the dash ready for the mot. A few basic settings applied and steering calibration done. Funny how the power assist just comes back online while you’re doing that.

maybe bumper on tomorrow

I replaced my rear left brake calliper the other week as it was sticking and wearing down the pads quickly. When I took the old calliper off the rear shaped solid brake pipe broke off using the correct brake spanner. I bought a new pipe from Audi direct and replaced the calliper and bled through brakes.
All good.
Now the front brake calliper drivers side is doing the same and need to sort this out tomorrow. At least they are easy to replace.

Replaced the drivers side calliper today on my 54 reg bkd engine. What an easy job this was to do. Got a reproduction calliper from euro car parts. Bled the brakes and boom all done. Let’s hope nothing else goes wrong soon as I have just bought a house and finds are low.
but I do drive 67 miles a day to work 5 days a week so a fair amount of miles I cover a month.

Fitted gloss black mirror covers in place of the chrome ones

Attachments

• 05F25704-A479-48A6-87CF-A96BCF286163.jpeg
    05F25704-A479-48A6-87CF-A96BCF286163.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 149
Reactions: phateuk
Passed the mot after being off the road for 2 years.

1 advisory for a slight play in track rod end grrr

I put a Milltek non-resonated cat back on the car this afternoon. What a pain in the backside that was! Probably should have purchased new exhaust hangers as the ones on there have probably hardened over time. Taking them off was easy with the tool you can buy, but putting them back on was a nightmare.

The backbox section was for an S3 and I have an A3 (purchased off JAYJAYB), and it seems to sit flush to the bumper cutout. No noise being made when driving but will eventually just cut the bumper a little more to give it some more space.

Loving these. I need these on my S3. Where from and how much can I ask?
Actually got them off AliExpress - £31 and came in less than 10 days and fit perfectly. Was genuinely surprised how good they are just thought I’d take a punt at that price and happy I did!

Actually got them off AliExpress - £31 and came in less than 10 days and fit perfectly. Was genuinely surprised how good they are just thought I’d take a punt at that price and happy I did!
That's quality, have you got a link cos I'll order the same ones

MOT pass, 28th oil change and 2x Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance2 tyres :)

7C2A0495 9C41 416B BC51 4CEB5F36E095

Reactions: Troubs12 and dave_beastttt
Sweet I'll have a look. Is yours a facelift post 2009?
Also, what's your front splitter, looks mint!
No pre facelift. Splitter is a generic one as didn’t want to pay the price of the ‘branded’ ones so again took a punt. Did abit of test fitting to get the best angle for car then just screwed it in place

Got playing with my dash again I wasn’t sure if white needles would work but so glad I did it.

9ab10d2f9d7e6688da63a9c8150745c0.jpg

4d594799828393a35b56b053b6a187ec.jpg

Boring part, had a check-up done and an ecs tuning aluminum skid plate installed.

Fun part, brand new wheels and tires. Really happy with the look and fitment so far!
d0b2ea106cdbb4d769001e33dea64748.jpg

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Troubs12
Got playing with my dash again I wasn’t sure if white needles would work but so glad I did it.

9ab10d2f9d7e6688da63a9c8150745c0.jpg

4d594799828393a35b56b053b6a187ec.jpg

How did you get the Lap and boost screen on the DIS?

Reactions: e9_mustii
Did you only replace the needles?
Looking good!
Part numbers?

Thanks bud no new parts (apart from leds) I removed the red ones, rubbed them down and painted white. Then took the parts off to get at the pcb and replaced the red leds for white ones. It was a pain but worth it.

Reactions: George Kost
My car right now...

hoping to remove the Aircon radiator, fit a toe strap, replace thermostat and if funds permit, a new intercooler. Will be removing the fog lights too and measuring for a home made front grille. Busy weekend!

Attachments

• PXL_20210415_120943787.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210415_120943787.MP.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 107
RS3 style honeycomb grille arrived this week. Decided to fill in the scratches on the front lip and undertray and respray gloss black. Really pleased with the final result. Looks so much better than the stock grille.
710807aabc4fb9982864fe5b6ccb5141.jpg
93149183c4ba384b133330e6bdfcf1b4.jpg

Reactions: lafa3ro and bronco
RS3 style honeycomb grille arrived this week. Decided to fill in the scratches on the front lip and undertray and respray gloss black. Really pleased with the final result. Looks so much better than the stock grille.

Totally ! Looks great man !! :thumbs up:

710807aabc4fb9982864fe5b6ccb5141.jpg
93149183c4ba384b133330e6bdfcf1b4.jpg
Looks bang on mate. I've noticed there's a few kits around. Which one is this?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Thanks pal. This is the one I bought:

It's one of the more expensive ones, but that YouTuber CarsWithSmithy did a video on this one and was exactly what I was looking for so went for it.

I'd also order a pack or two of these:

Some of mine were pretty rusty so I used new ones when putting the bumper back on.

You'll want a new badge too. You can take the OEM one off and could fit it with a bit of messing which is what Smithy said he did, but I just bought a new one that was gloss black:

Bit of a ripoff for £25 I'll be honest cos it's not metal it's just plastic but once it had arrived I couldn't be ***** trying to get the OEM badge to fit so just kept it. I didn't use the little clips it comes with I just used some nuts and washers on the back of it to fit it in place.