What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I know man I’m gutted to be honest, such a great car and I hadn’t even gone stage 2+
Why you selling it? If you dont me asking and also can we swap revo intakes wanted the ceramic coated one

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: samuelh_888
Ad looks good to me, car looks great and has clearly been well maintained. I think you've priced it fairly as well, had a look on AutoTrader for similar age/mileage S3s and yours is one of the nicest and definitely worth £11k imo.

The problem is what Chris said here:

I think currently with 'rona causing problems the second hand market has quietened down quite a bit. Government do say only essential trips etc...

He's totally right - It's just the used car market is on its **** because of the restrictions and people aren't driving cars as much let alone be able to come get it etc..

I think you'd have more luck selling it in a few months if we're lucky and the country comes out of lockdown and people get excited about buying cars again.

Reactions: Bryant1998 and e9_mustii
Why you selling it? If you dont me asking and also can we swap revo intakes wanted the ceramic coated one

Need a van and a mortgage sadly mate, but believe me if I can keep it I will

I didn’t know there were options on the intake tbh, what’s the difference?

Ad looks good to me, car looks great and has clearly been well maintained. I think you've priced it fairly as well, had a look on AutoTrader for similar age/mileage S3s and yours is one of the nicest and definitely worth £11k imo.

The problem is what Chris said here:

He's totally right - It's just the used car market is on its **** because of the restrictions and people aren't driving cars as much let alone be able to come get it etc..

I think you'd have more luck selling it in a few months if we're lucky and the country comes out of lockdown and people get excited about buying cars again.

Cheers mate appreciate it, hopefully doesn’t take a few months but if it does I will have a van by then and may not need to sell

Reactions: e9_mustii
Need a van and a mortgage sadly mate, but believe me if I can keep it I will

I didn’t know there were options on the intake tbh, what’s the difference?
U said yours was ceramic coated, this was disco tinued by revo so even tho u can get a new intake u cant get one with the ceramic.coating it suppose to keep intake temps cooler

Lovely car no doubt, good price too. If I’m serious about buying a car for proper money I always use Auto Trader, I’m just wary of eBay and never even check it unless I’m being nosey. Good luck with the sale .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bryant1998 and e9_mustii
U said yours was ceramic coated, this was disco tinued by revo so even tho u can get a new intake u cant get one with the ceramic.coating it suppose to keep intake temps cooler

Yeah it is as far as I know, potentially mate depends what the buyer wants! Still got the original so if they want that on instead then we can sort something

Or I might keep the car who knows

In no particular order and definitely not within a week!

Replaced stock in car stereo with a Kenwood Multi Media touch screen
Replaced stock steering wheel for a flat bottomed s line wheel
Replaced cloth interior with s line leather heated seats
Replaced stock arm rest cover with a leather one
Replaced stock climatronic control unit for one with heated seat controls
Replaced stock front grill for a rs grill
Replaced number plates for short 4d plates front and back
Replaced chrome audi rings emblems for Black front and back
Rear wiper delete
De badged chrome letters/numbers from boot
Had wheels, and brake motors sprayed satin Black and calipers red.
Replaced stock wheel caps for Black ones

Inkedad 1595663270865 LI Ad 1595663293797 Ad 1595663297495 Car2 Car3 Carresize1 20210115 150931211 iOS 20210128 124505700 iOS 1 Thinking of a stage 1 remap next...thought's ?

Attachments

• 20210123_103848651_iOS.jpg
    20210123_103848651_iOS.jpg
    321 KB · Views: 192
  • 20210128_114833061_iOS.jpg
    20210128_114833061_iOS.jpg
    361.2 KB · Views: 187
Reactions: J0N, soulwaffle and George Kost
You can pick up a badge holder for around £20 from ebay that doesn't have the black plastic back

Removed a tail light as it had small amount of condensation which was bugging me so heated up to get rid then resealed light

Attachments

• 251312AD-E601-4075-81FE-6222B0EA0A99.jpeg
    251312AD-E601-4075-81FE-6222B0EA0A99.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 184
  • DD581D65-2D48-4EBF-B7E5-9036260BE8DA.jpeg
    DD581D65-2D48-4EBF-B7E5-9036260BE8DA.jpeg
    120.9 KB · Views: 191
Had the bumper off this weekend and installed the honeycomb grill, also replaced the rear badges with gloss black ones. Happy with the results :)

Attachments

• Snapchat-716715054.jpg
    Snapchat-716715054.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Snapchat-1370061316.jpg
    Snapchat-1370061316.jpg
    823.3 KB · Views: 177
  • Snapchat-284095330.jpg
    Snapchat-284095330.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 169
  • Snapchat-714136583.jpg
    Snapchat-714136583.jpg
    946.2 KB · Views: 177
Reactions: J0N
Thanks for the heads up, I will definitely change that, although haven't seen one for £20 do you have a link?

Also interested in a link please, not seen them anywhere that cheap

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I had purchased this one but they're listing zero qauntity: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274531148088 ...might be worth messaging them to find out if you can get another. Bare in mind I used an aftermarket badge which was a little smaller than this badge holder so it wouldnt clip into place. I had to glue into place and 3 months later its still sitting fine. So, you may want to measure your badge before purchasing. Might allow stock badge to clip right in.

Had the bumper off this weekend and installed the honeycomb grill, also replaced the rear badges with gloss black ones. Happy with the results :)

How did the bumper removal go?? I’ve got mine to do when I get around to it....

How did the bumper removal go?? I’ve got mine to do when I get around to it....

It was a pain TBH, some of the screws were completely rusted as i doubt they had been moved since 2009 :/ got there in the end though.

Reactions: J0N
It was a pain TBH, some of the screws were completely rusted as i doubt they had been moved since 2009 :/ got there in the end though.

Mine has been off recently for the intercooler so hopefully it’ll be pain free...

I had purchased this one but they're listing zero qauntity: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274531148088 ...might be worth messaging them to find out if you can get another. Bare in mind I used an aftermarket badge which was a little smaller than this badge holder so it wouldnt clip into place. I had to glue into place and 3 months later its still sitting fine. So, you may want to measure your badge before purchasing. Might allow stock badge to clip right in.
Thank you I've sent them a message, not seen that 1 at all, only 1s I've seen are with the smaller honeycomb background attached, this is exactly like the 1 I'm after

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Today was new grille day, this is now the only clean part of my car...

0458ebadbaa10d183fcdef3bd6c0c603.jpg

Reactions: bronco, Bryant1998, lafa3ro and 4 others
What splitter is that mate ?

The splitter is a Maxton Design V1. My particular one is semi fibreglass thanks to various speed bumps and woodland creatures .

Removed a tail light as it had small amount of condensation which was bugging me so heated up to get rid then resealed light
Did you just heat them up or heat then split and reseal? Did they stay leak free?

I dried mine then put sealant around the joins but they still had a slight leak. Thinking I need to split them.

Did you just heat them up or heat then split and reseal? Did they stay leak free?

I dried mine then put sealant around the joins but they still had a slight leak. Thinking I need to split them.

yes split and resealed - so far so good

Reactions: Alex.S3
New wheels, hurrah for me

708fc49fa122a7c019d80a2a86aafa36.jpg

Reactions: abmat, lafa3ro and e9_mustii
This weekend I replaced the coolant sensor as I'm still having some pretty poor fuel economy issues. The temp gauge fluctuates between 90 and 65 when im driving.
If I put the air-con on, the temp will drop from 90 to below 70. Not sure exactly what is going on but I am going to get the thermostat replaced next to see if that improves anything.

Should I do anything else at the same time? I'm just taking it to my local garage as I'm not sure I can do it myself, so if there is anything else to consider (timing belt, water cooler) then I'll get that done as well. The timing belt was done years 8+ back, so probably due to be changed again.

Oh nice, would be interested in seeing the video if you can get it working. Maybe share it to something like Dropbox if you have it?
How much did the parts cost?

Removed the gearbox mount insert from my 12 plate TDi that I fitted a few weeks ago.
Certainly made the feel a better / tighter but just a bit too much vibration for me!
Anybody want to buy a bargain one?? Lol

Last edited:
Removed the gearbox mount insert from my 12 plate TDi that I fitted a few weeks ago.
Certainly made the feel a better / tighter but just a bit too much vibration for me!
Anybody want to buy a bargain one?? Lol
What's the part number?