What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Yes and yes...the rock thing is worrying me a bit but we will see in day to day use
Thanks a lot mate, really appreciate it.

Is your car deep sea blue? And where did you get those nice aluminum mirror caps?! Looking real good.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Finally fitted those honeycomb fog grilles...
6e4580d319b59d1dc472a66186773e1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
can yo link the site you got these from please!!!!

New rear n/s calliper, discs and pads both sides.

went to fit my new oem b pillar trims and both have slight damage so waiting on a new pair to be delivered. They will be in the classifieds soon.

went to fit my new oem b pillar trims and both have slight damage so waiting on a new pair to be delivered. They will be in the classifieds soon.
Did you tackle the rear brakes yourself, I'm having difficulty trying to remove the top carrier bolt.

Also may be interested in the drivers side one if the damage isn't too bad.

Did an oil service and replaced the oil feed pipe and the new yellow dipstick + tube. Had to clean up the sump a little bit too.
492c0ac97f50caf6b6281296efde33a0.jpg
83c22e23d4e1e6cba50ae5c192e95838.jpg
a2149784ddeb236c7db4bc3877047e8a.jpg
444621d0abeddc88492c9120a0234d38.jpg

Got the garage to do it. I just don’t have the time. Plus it wasn’t too much in labour.

do you have a 3 or 5 door? Mine is a 5.

Got the garage to do it. I just don’t have the time. Plus it wasn’t too much in labour.

do you have a 3 or 5 door? Mine is a 5.
Ah yeah local garage was charging £90 to fit. Only went to them after having a mare.

Oh yeah totally forgot about that, I have a 3 door. Ah well

Trims no longer for sale. The supplier wants them back :doh

Just got upgraded internals put into Hpfp pump and fitted with Rs4 Fprv' new powerflex front antilift kit done ' new fuel hose ( braided ) fitted to Hpfp ' front braided brake lines added and new bulbs ( have problem with bulbs but hope to be sorted Friday )

Reactions: Eren S3, S. and Flosman
LED interior light kit from T8ups fitted today. Brings the interior up to date nicely and aren't too bright.

Also changed from the standard dome light to the dome/map combination with the red LED ambient lighting. Adds a real nice glow at night.

8V air vents next I think...

f20cf421f3981ecc1f7ce5363a9962e0.jpg
4be57886e0d2b676d9cb6037c73a55ce.jpg
e896bec762ce0ca16230cb6248b1099a.jpg

Reactions: TheMightyBK and ch1z64
LED interior light kit from T8ups fitted today. Brings the interior up to date nicely and aren't too bright.

Also changed from the standard dome light to the dome/map combination with the red LED ambient lighting. Adds a real nice glow at night.

8V air vents next I think...

f20cf421f3981ecc1f7ce5363a9962e0.jpg
4be57886e0d2b676d9cb6037c73a55ce.jpg
e896bec762ce0ca16230cb6248b1099a.jpg

Previous owner of mine bought LED bulbs and never installed them...been in my glove box for 3 years. You may have just inspired me to finally pop them in!

Reactions: Eren S3
Previous owner of mine bought LED bulbs and never installed them...been in my glove box for 3 years. You may have just inspired me to finally pop them in!

Hehe brilliant! I admire your self control leaving them in there for 3 years :tearsofjoy: I think I last a week at the most if I see something that can be changed!

Reactions: Bryant1998
So this has arrived today, early Christmas present. Hopefully I'll get chance to fit it this weekend.
PXL 20201204 155016374

Spent months resisting the temptation to buy one of these damn covers but caved and bought one brand new with the correct pins also included. £150 all in which is pricy but brand spanking new. Tried getting one from breakers and ebay for months but people were asking 100 for battered ones! Looking forward to getting it on tomorrow :)

Attachments

• 20201204_185607.jpg
    20201204_185607.jpg
    658.4 KB · Views: 236
Reactions: J0N
Spent months resisting the temptation to buy one of these damn covers but caved and bought one brand new with the correct pins also included. £150 all in which is pricy but brand spanking new. Tried getting one from breakers and ebay for months but people were asking 100 for battered ones! Looking forward to getting it on tomorrow :)

Not pricy at all for a brand new since 2nd hand ones are at least 100.

If we’re showing off our new upgrades, here’s my offering....

d58207d6454a33c3f5b499e5d86afca9.jpg

a51d5ef04c81fbaa3c4179ea2589dae8.jpg

Reactions: e9_mustii
Sold my MSRT van so gives more money to throw at the S3 for now. Got a few bits done today including the new engine cover. Looks fantastic! I was originally going to spray it black but I think it suits the Ibis white and chrome grille of the S3 so will leave it silver for now.

Other bits done today were installed a short shifter and upgraded the shifter bracket bushes to aluminium ones. Gear changes certainly feel tighter now from a quick spin around the block.

Next on the list is AP Coilovers when they arrive in 1-2 weeks with new top mounts, and a 034 subframe locking collar kit to tighten the subframe up.

Reactions: purdy1984, chris11122, S. and 1 other person
Wheels had full refurb and colour change to black, be going up for sale soon :(
d350f7694139c618893d92e5d3c92c5e.jpg

(Now)
b6ebcd40c975f5c704525fe9d7480375.jpg

(Before)

Reactions: J0N and Tommmygunnn
Sold my MSRT van so gives more money to throw at the S3 for now. Got a few bits done today including the new engine cover. Looks fantastic! I was originally going to spray it black but I think it suits the Ibis white and chrome grille of the S3 so will leave it silver for now.

Other bits done today were installed a short shifter and upgraded the shifter bracket bushes to aluminium ones. Gear changes certainly feel tighter now from a quick spin around the block.

Next on the list is AP Coilovers when they arrive in 1-2 weeks with new top mounts, and a 034 subframe locking collar kit to tighten the subframe up.

Here it is in yellow and in green

Attachments

• 20201004_090227_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    20201004_090227_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 202
  • PhotoPictureResizer_20200529_122249.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_20200529_122249.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 208
Reactions: J0N
Took a while to drill the holes but eventually got there. Got one rivnut that won't fit that I need to try and find a solution for, but it's held in with 5 out of 6 bolts currently. (Excuse the mess, couldn't be bothered to tidy up after finishing.)
Strut

Reactions: J0N and Bryant1998
Took a while to drill the holes but eventually got there. Got one rivnut that won't fit that I need to try and find a solution for, but it's held in with 5 out of 6 bolts currently. (Excuse the mess, couldn't be bothered to tidy up after finishing.)
View attachment 213087

Interested to hear how it feels...and whether or not it silences the creaks in the headliner & doors

Interested to hear how it feels...and whether or not it silences the creaks in the headliner & doors

I shall feed back on difference in feel, but tbh it won't be getting a thrashing until next year when I can replace the thermostat. Between then and now the door cards and headliner will both be out too.

Reactions: TheMightyBK
Had a full TBE BCS powervalve sport system with a 100 cell cat supplied by @BCS Nige and fitted it yesterday. If anyone is debating whether they're worth the extra coin then my answer is yes!! Fitted like a glove, sounds sooo much better than my old non-res milltek!! Cannot recommend highly enough....
Also had a helix organic clutch fitted with new LUK DMF and slave cylinder at the same time....

All in all the old girl feels pretty good right now... looking forward to a weekend blast!

Reactions: Bryant1998, e9_mustii and MWright
Things I've had done:
> EGR and DPF clean
> Tinted windows

Things I've done:
> Front Wheel bearings
> Swap out headunit
> Swap out front grill for honeycomb grill
> Tr8ps lighting pack (rear dome lights, front lights, DRL lights, LED Number plate - only one, as the other side the screw is seized)

To Do:
> Swap out CV Boots as one is split
> Swap out speakers, add amp and sub
> Upgrade suspension to bilstein b12
> Clutch replacement/DMF/Master/Slave cylinder
> Single to twin exhaust conversion + rear diffuser
> Brake discs need doing
> Clean injectors + change O-rings
> Change bushes
> Fit puddle lights
> Detail car and put on private plate!

Edit, pretty sure the above will cost more than the cars value.

Reactions: Bryant1998
> Tr8ps lighting pack (rear dome lights, front lights, DRL lights, LED Number plate - only one, as the other side the screw is seized)

These screws suck, mine got rounded up, so I snapped plastic housing and took out the screw with pliers. The plastic housing is really cheap.

These screws suck, mine got rounded up, so I snapped plastic housing and took out the screw with pliers. The plastic housing is really cheap.
Well it is plastic, and plastic with age becomes brittle when exposed to heat over the years from halogen lamps

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Well it is plastic, and plastic with age becomes brittle when exposed to heat over the years from halogen lamps

I snapped the housing on purpose, so I could remove the damned screw. The new housing had new screw included, so they are kind of disposable items i guess.

Reactions: e9_mustii
Yea there other way you'd get around it without drilling the rounded screws out and thats a myth lol

I snapped the housing on purpose, so I could remove the damned screw. The new housing had new screw included, so they are kind of disposable items i guess.

Ended up drilling and the screw head fell off, used a pair of needle nose pliers to turn the screw and get it out.

Changed the CV boots this weekend. Even ended up torquing the full 180 degrees for the wheel nut bolt. Swapped out the dome light fitting in the front, so I now have the version with the dome lights/map reading lights.

Thermal socks and Thermal top making it much easier to work out in the cold. Barely feel it.

Two new rear callipers as one was sticking, and new black diamond pads as one side were severely worn down

Reactions: zeroguarantee
Nothing.

But I got the A6 mot’d (no advisories again! Not had one in 7 years) and it’s sitcom re-gassed.

Reactions: zeroguarantee