What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Changed my headlight bulbs, S3 8P FL with Bi-Xenons. Drivers side took 2 days, passenger side took half an hour.

It’s one of those jobs that if you’ve done it before it’s a piece of pi55. If not, you’re in for a beautiful voyage of discovery...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleaned all the muck out from behind the front arch liners
62C97FD4 9A32 4B12 B6C0 E71DC529D276

fitted an 8v rear wiper
5BCA686A 497A 45DE 8542 1BE0E89F23BF

and cleaned the wheel with this stuff. It is amazing. The best I’ve ever used.
BDB414F3 D6B1 47B5 A104 163DD7AF4B37

Got some nice chrome exhaust tips (not actual tips, they are more like covers u slide over the exhaust)
uFNMBCm.jpg

irYZUJk.jpg

Painted the callieprs red. They actually pop really nice, really happy with the results.
z9hU6ot.jpg

Reactions: George Kost, S3 Rav and Troubs12
I've spent the weekend fitting coilovers on the front, backs were done at the garage to get it through MOT.

Absolute pain of a job on a 15 year old car! Had to cut one of the drop links to remove the strut but grinder stopped working so waiting for a new one then can take off what remains and replace with the adjustable one.

Got smoked by a Seat Altea Cupra in my S3 . Seriously quick them.. Around 300bhp, wasn't expecting it at all..
Just need those last few performance parts and the RTech Stage2+ ECU/DSG remaps to turn that frown upside down

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Got smoked by a Seat Altea Cupra in my S3 . Seriously quick them.. Around 300bhp, wasn't expecting it at all..
Just need those last few performance parts and the RTech Stage2+ ECU/DSG remaps to turn that frown upside down

hurry up and get that map on lmaoo

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Saying good bye to my 140TDI sport back after 4 years
Into a 150TDI sline glass roof

A3 DIESEL SPORTBACK

2.0 TDI S Line 5dr [Nav]
Exterior Colour:
Daytona Grey Pearl
Interior Colour:
Black Biathlon Cloth/Pearl Nappa Leather

My cars been a joy to own never let me down. Only mod to do is my sub lol

White. 99.000 on the clock just passed mot at Audi no advisor's
I've had this car 4yrs did cam belt and pump at Alexander Audi Huddersfield. Dpt filter done 6months ago genuine Audi with 3 yes warranty regular service book stamped i have looked after this car recently change the following items.
brembo
Front discs and pads
Rear discs and pads
Rear shocks Front springs
2 new tyres to the front
Front indicator sweep
Led all lights front and back except rear brake lights.
All doors puddle lights
Puddle light in wing mirrors
Front and Rear footwell lights
Added cruise control.
Front mudflaps Rear mudflaps
50/50 remap insurance approved
Replaced front and rear dome lights
Changed head unit for pumpkin audio with reverse camera.
Pioneer 10" sub in the boot
Led scuff plates
Tinted windows Wind deflectors
I've looked after this car it has some marks front of bumper lacquer has slightly peeled off not noticeable was booked in for paint but say this beauty
6ee4a669aa1493a7c78bd5dda0239ee8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Anybody want some nice wheels happy to swap and take some cash 2 new tyres on front backs 6mm just refurbished but I accidentally slightly scuffed edge of one. Don't work 12hr nights and drive an hour to pick up wheels lol it just the edge not face

Need sorting b4 27th but I work shifts
2723eae5cc3eeae539c7af78bc4617e4.jpg

Changed the rear rings on the a3 over the weekend. Think it looks good!

R
20201119 094328
20201115 135950

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Flosman, lafa3ro and e9_mustii
Fitted a CT54-AU04 loom to try and eliminate my ground loop interference.

guess what. It worked. I’d previously tried everything without success.

if you have mini iso connectors this is the way forward.

Fitted a CT54-AU04 loom to try and eliminate my ground loop interference.

guess what. It worked. I’d previously tried everything without success.

if you have mini iso connectors this is the way forward.
Was this ground interference from an aftermarket head unit?

Yes. I have full Bose in a ‘05 A3.

I’d tried ferrite cores, running a ground from the amp to the hu, grounding the pre-outs to the hu, nothing worked, and I had the correct loom.

This loom takes the audio from the HU audio out, not pre-outs and has a box that converts the signal to the same as what the amp expects, eliminating the differential that causes the interference.

So today I was at the service to get my wheels aligned on my 2 door A3 and they said that front negative camber couldn't be reduced because of the lowering springs. Is there a cheaper option than camber plates to help align the camber at the front (it starts at 150Euro just for the plates itself).
Camber is left: -1°04' , right: -1°28'

Yes. I have full Bose in a ‘05 A3.

I’d tried ferrite cores, running a ground from the amp to the hu, grounding the pre-outs to the hu, nothing worked, and I had the correct loom.

This loom takes the audio from the HU audio out, not pre-outs and has a box that converts the signal to the same as what the amp expects, eliminating the differential that causes the interference.
Hmm I wonder if this would work in my '12 S3 as I have both the full Bose and an aftermarket Xtrons head unit and I occasionally get some interference or alternator whine when driving with no music playing. It's infrequent and doesn't really bother me but would like to eliminate it if I could.

That particular loom wouldn’t work in yours as it’s mini iso. Yours is quad lock I believe but they do one of those too.

I think it’s a CT54-AU03 but you’d have to check on the connects2 website. I ordered my cable off eBay from bass junkies. Loads cheaper.

Fitted some led side lights. Thanks to EM tuning. Bit fiddly but done.
D1E428E5 5836 4601 A757 72801EFF7C88

Also discovered that my OS rear calliper is seized and it’s ******** the pads and disc. So she’s booked in at Midland VW for new calliper, discs and pads.
Not sure, might tackle it myself.

Car was booked in Wednesday to have the Brake servo replaced. Wallet took a pounding but the brakes feel no ends better and I don't have a hiss in the footwell anymore.

Reactions: abmat
Mines went to Audi for new brake fluid as it was over due. before brakes were spot as I bought car with all new discs and pads came back spongy they left air in system took it back they did it again just a bit better I couldn't be bothered going back. Had to pump brake sometimes to get hard pedal in end I waited then just put all new on brakes back to what they should be

I managed to grind off what was left of my drop link and replace with a shortened adjustable set to go with the coilovers.

I've also fit the 15mm spacers all round.

Got back from testing the suspension to find the air bag light on, reporting an error with the front passenger side crash sensor. Swapped the driver side and passenger side and the error moved (thankfully) so I've ordered a replacement and will swap that out when it arrives.

Reactions: e9_mustii
I managed to grind off what was left of my drop link and replace with a shortened adjustable set to go with the coilovers.

I've also fit the 15mm spacers all round.

Got back from testing the suspension to find the air bag light on, reporting an error with the front passenger side crash sensor. Swapped the driver side and passenger side and the error moved (thankfully) so I've ordered a replacement and will swap that out when it arrives.
Take it slow on the the speed humps or you bunny hop like me

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Take it slow on the the speed humps or you bunny hop like me

I came out of the drive after lowering the fronts and got a nice loud scrape. So when I got to the road with the smallest speed bumps possible I went over veeeery slowly! Lol.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I came out of the drive after lowering the fronts and got a nice loud scrape. So when I got to the road with the smallest speed bumps possible I went over veeeery slowly! Lol.
Lol fk and im not even lowered but speed bumps in london /hackney are a mountain anyway

Finally fitted those honeycomb fog grilles...
6e4580d319b59d1dc472a66186773e1d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lafa3ro
Looks good! Fitmeny was good? Quality is ok?

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk
Thanks mate!
looks flexible enough so fitment was good although if you look very closely at some points it could use some fine tuning.but all in all i m satisfied

That's great, thanks for the feedback. I might get the sline version for mine then.

Is the mesh open? Meaning it would allow small rocks past them? Just curious.

Oh and install was simply pull the old ones out and push the new ones in?

That's great, thanks for the feedback. I might get the sline version for mine then.

Is the mesh open? Meaning it would allow small rocks past them? Just curious.

Oh and install was simply pull the old ones out and push the new ones in?

Yes and yes...the rock thing is worrying me a bit but we will see in day to day use