Now opinions pls on rocket cover, or was this 1 better

Attachments

• 20201004_090227_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    20201004_090227_copy_1440x1920.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 271
  • PhotoPictureResizer_20200529_122249.jpg
    PhotoPictureResizer_20200529_122249.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 270
Yellow suites the car colour but the greem pops more plus its under the hood so its only you that sees it both are good but i wouod prefer a more yellow, yellow as the first one look creamish

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: samisnake and Bryant1998
Yellow suites the car colour but the greem pops more plus its under the hood so its only you that sees it both are good but i wouod prefer a more yellow, yellow as the first one look creamish

Glad you like as green 1 i have sold now lol

Well, found these beauty's so ordered them directly. Can't wait till they come in since I have fitted an RS3 front grille but still have the standard A3 frontend. Now I only need to lower the car a few MM's and then it looks done :)

Hfa9237978633499a81920129e7fa0736P.jpg

Well, found these beauty's so ordered them directly. Can't wait till they come in since I have fitted an RS3 front grille but still have the standard A3 frontend. Now I only need to lower the car a few MM's and then it looks done :)

Hfa9237978633499a81920129e7fa0736P.jpg
Where have you seen these then?
I bet most people on here that haven’t got an S3 will want to know where to get them

Nice find! They also do the sline version. That is extremely tempting. Cant wait to see the result on your car :)

Finished installing park assist! Front and rear PDC sensors and front PLA sensors, all looms, buttons and module, buzzers. It was a wild and fun ride!

Reactions: TheMightyBK and henkkeumus
Nice find! They also do the sline version. That is extremely tempting. Cant wait to see the result on your car :)

Order placed!
Nice find mate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted to order them yesterday, but payment failed (afterpay).

Tried again today but the misses told me it wasen't neccasery to buy now (just bought my first house so can spend the money better on furniture etc) and unfrotunatly I have to agree with her. So this will be on hold untill I got the house done :).

Post some pics when you fitted them Andreas!!

Tried again today but the misses told me it wasen't neccasery to buy now (just bought my first house so can spend the money better on furniture etc) and unfrotunatly I have to agree with her. So this will be on hold untill I got the house done :).

100% relate to this, I also just bought my first house. I'm not in a rush either, but if I take this bumper off, might as well install everything at once (grill + fog grills) :)

Wonder what's gonna be visible behind the mesh though, since it's normally blocked by the OEM ones.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Andreashadji and henkkeumus
100% relate to this, I also just bought my first house. I'm not in a rush either, but if I take this bumper off, might as well install everything at once (grill + fog grills) :)

Wonder what's gonna be visible behind the mesh though, since it's normally blocked by the OEM ones.

Envoyé de mon Moto G (5) en utilisant Tapatalk

Driver side will be “empty”. Passenger side got the wiper reservoir behind it, so maybe painting that thing black is necassery though.

Will do mate!have to wait a month or so though for them to arrive from the Far East....

Reactions: henkkeumus
Will do mate!have to wait a month or so though for them to arrive from the Far East....

Do me a favour send me a few picks through on whatsapp once there on the car

Reactions: Andreashadji
These, and most if not all other foglight surrounds on Ali Express, suggest they fit 2009 - 2013 models. Is there a difference between those and a 2005?

Yes..

'04 - '05 = 8P1 (1st gen)
'05 - '08 = 8P2 (Pre-facelift)
'08 - '12/13 = 8P3 (Facelift)

They all have subtile changes (lights (LED, HID, Halogen), bodywork, options etc..) where the frontbumper changed every generation a bit.

Trying to see if a wheel is right, it’s 5x112 and centre bore is 66.1mm

According to google my cars hub is 57.1mm, is the differnce in size because the bore of the wheel has to be larger to sit around the lip on the hub?

The wheel looks identical to mine but black
0dca5178346244fdfb196227645f81fe.jpg

0d9d9df11fb2e39f0d585b911f171b72.jpg

Had a car day when I realised the cambelt was due about a month ago along with the oil change. Also I noticed my temp gauge took forever to get hot so while I was there I whipped the thermostat out and found it ever so slightly stuck open, not bad for 16 years and 194,000 miles I thought.

3afe8468dc2dc4f32975cb19f94693db.jpg

Reactions: MWright and henkkeumus
Looks great mate, want to do this on mine what did you use to paint the stitching ?
Gwt a shapie permenant marker (colour of your choice,

Bare in mind youll have to top up every now and then as the sweat from you hands will made it fade away/rub off

The car went into the garage and had JOM coilovers fit on the rear, new pads and disks on the rear, Haldex unit was sent for refurb, few other minor issues resolved (intermittent indicator issue, intermittent number plate light issue, handbrake cable replacement). Finally got it's MOT. So this week I have done an oil change, oil filter change, spark plug change.

Spring tensioners have arrived so will be changing the front suspension to JOM coilovers this weekend. Bought a boost gauge and started to create a mounting for the airvent so I can place it in there.

I also seem to have an issue with my coolant temperature. Finally found my ODBEleven dongle again so will go for a run out whilst checking coolant temps on that to determine if it's a thermostat or just a dodgy gauge.

Bought that carista adaptor (and got the membership)

Not sure if I’m being stupid or is it really limited in what it’ll do? I just wanted to turn the drl’s to Scandinavian (I think?) so the rear ‘side lights’ are on with the fronts, but can’t see it anywhere... anyone got any ideas or a better product I can get?

Bought that carista adaptor (and got the membership)

Not sure if I’m being stupid or is it really limited in what it’ll do? I just wanted to turn the drl’s to Scandinavian (I think?) so the rear ‘side lights’ are on with the fronts, but can’t see it anywhere... anyone got any ideas or a better product I can get?

Yep Carista is very basic.

If you’re an android user then OBDElevin is the best one to go for - they may do iOS, I’m not sure. Alternatively it’s VCDS...

Yep Carista is very basic.

If you’re an android user then OBDElevin is the best one to go for - they may do iOS, I’m not sure. Alternatively it’s VCDS...

Got access to an android phone, do you have to pay memberships on OBDElevin?

I thought about vcds but I’d need a new laptop and the expense of a cable

Bryan where about are you geographicly, as ive got obd11 if you local you can pop down or ill come up see if i can help

No subscription needed, but coding needs the pro version I believe, one time fee though.

New obdeleven dongle supports iPhones too, old generation is Android only.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: samuelh_888 and Bryant1998
Slightly delayed post, got a new stereo and arm rest for my birthday so got them both in over the weekend, hardly difficult jobs but make a big difference:sunglasses:
IMG_20201018_153005_806.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just north of Peterborough mate
Im in london working this and next weekend, ill try tomorrow after work to see if i can do it on my car and then we do it to yours i think i remember seeing an option,

Lowered the S3 on H & R springs with Powerflex Antilift kit.

Attachments

• h&r springs.jpg
    h&r springs.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 260
Reactions: henkkeumus and Bryant1998