What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Are you feeling any benefit from the catch can engine wise or is it purely to keep it cleaner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fitted the catch can to keep things clean as I previously had MAP sensor and throttle body issues. I don’t think there’s any benefit performance wise but there’s certainly no detriment as I made 349hp at the wheels on a 4WD dyno. The only issue I’ve heard albeit rarely is if you’re running a piston type DV like the GFB DV+ as they can dry up and stick.

I fitted the catch can to keep things clean as I previously had MAP sensor and throttle body issues. I don’t think there’s any benefit performance wise but there’s certainly no detriment as I made 349hp at the wheels on a 4WD dyno. The only issue I’ve heard albeit rarely is if you’re running a piston type DV like the GFB DV+ as they can dry up and stick.

Fair enough mate, I’ve been toying with the idea of installing a catch can but seems like a pointless exercise for the 5k I do a year lol, only just replaced pcv and seal anyway, was slightly weeping oil but nothing major.

So is there any need to remove GFB DV+ for lubricating if I’m running stock pcv?

Sometimes it’s short journeys that create the moisture. Someone suggested that the oily vapour can help lubricate the DV, kinda makes sense??

Sometimes it’s short journeys that create the moisture. Someone suggested that the oily vapour can help lubricate the DV, kinda makes sense??

Makes sense to me mate, just doesn’t seem good it’s there In the first place... that photo of your catch can contents makes me want a very thorough engine clean

Makes sense to me mate, just doesn’t seem good it’s there In the first place... that photo of your catch can contents makes me want a very thorough engine clean

TFSI engines mate, gotta love em though....

TFSI engines mate, gotta love em though....

Yeah I guess haha, can’t say I’ve ever not enjoyed driving my S3... Enjoyed it a lot when I was racing a C63S the other day, think I surprised him cause I surprised myself

Reactions: e9_mustii
I love it when that happens haha..

Obviously he was pulling away a bit on the straights but trusty quattro helped me corner a bit faster

Also tested the brakes when a speed camera came speeding towards us lol

Reactions: e9_mustii and J0N
Got the bad boys installed. Looks amazing than what i imagined
e1414e80de62f611c6619b2628d816f6.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

I've been thinking about doing this for my head unit which supports a rear camera, but I'm not clear about how to run the wire from the hatch door hinge area through to the "A" pillar. Did you find instructions somewhere about how to remove portions of the head liner & panels? I don't want to risk breaking tabs if I can help it. Thanks.

The only hard bit was getting the cable through the tubing that connects the body to the boot. Once it was through that we took off the rear plastic liner across the back of the rear screen and then gently lifted the lining away from the edge and pushed it through and down the A pillar (without removing it). It works well. Recommended!

Reactions: AbsoluteA3
Just put some lights in side mirrors

Attachments

• ezgif.com-crop.gif
    ezgif.com-crop.gif
    1.9 MB · Views: 198
Reactions: leonwilliams, AbsoluteA3, J0N and 2 others
Transmission swap because the old one broke
33665202084dde3be7210f009703eb69.jpg

be9d8953330f282cf1dc9e1c7e7b01ec.jpg

Did you follow a specific guide? How much were all the necessary parts?

Just broke an Audi A3 for parts

Took all the parts off the steering column and just swapped things around, then coded it up. I did it for a friend a few days ago again, and i could do it in my sleep now

Piece of cake really

Reactions: nick4501
Haldex service, keep things nice ;)

Had a new shift selector installed. Hoping it will sort out my intermittent 00194 and 02413 error codes.
So far so good. Car is behaving as it should. New shift selector feels tight and positive changing gears, old one felt very loose in comparison.

Failing this it's probably the mechatronics :frown:. Looking at TVS Engineering in the Netherlands to sort it out if it comes to it.

Does anyone know how to remove the error my LED fog lights are giving off? They work fine but throw an error up every time I start the car,
Cheers

they are very nice :) they even have their own little electric motor and fan for cooling....

they are very nice :) they even have their own little electric motor and fan for cooling....

I f***ing hope they are for £38, I know it’s not a lot of money at all, but that could buy me 2 bottles of sailor Jerry’s and all the Coke Zero and limes I need on the side

Maybe my xmas bonus will surprise me and I’ll get some rum for Xmas lol

Maybe he’ll have a January sale and do me the fogs and interior led’s, £38 is a s**t tonne of money for bulbs imo, I’m sweating thinking about that

that’s the difference between cheap bulbs that throw an error and bulbs that work. Buy right, buy once.

Reactions: e9_mustii and paddy
that’s the difference between cheap bulbs that throw an error and bulbs that work. Buy right, buy once.

I get where you’re coming from, but the numberplate lights I got off ebay for about £8 are still working fine with no errors!

I’d always thought bulbs were £1-£10 each max, I didn’t enjoy paying £16 for these foglights

I hope you never blow a headlamp bulb, you will probably be forced to scrap the car...

I hope you never blow a headlamp bulb, you will probably be forced to scrap the car...

If you saw the way I live you wouldn’t think I’d object to the money for the bulbs lol, plus this is my first proper nice car, so I’m still getting used to expensive parts lol

(The white bulbs I got for my 06 fiesta when I passed me test, were less than £10 for led’s inside and out )

If you saw the way I live you wouldn’t think I’d object to the money for the bulbs lol, plus this is my first proper nice car, so I’m still getting used to expensive parts lol

(The white bulbs I got for my 06 fiesta when I passed me test, were less than £10 for led’s inside and out )

I also span that same car and needed a new rear axle, think it was about £60, you’ve all been doing this longer than me and are accustomed to it, I’m slowly getting there lol

Yes i had a new rear diff last year but its and Audi...£4600 fitted

That’s surprising mate, I thought you’d be able to get anything from them...

What made your diff go?
His right foot and an acute addiction to launch control, were all gona go there one day

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

His right foot and an acute addiction to launch control, were all gona go there one day

Well that’s made my mind up on getting launch control then
Hopefully I’ve been kind enough to it to last me a while... what’s a typical life length of a diff?

Tinted, fitted chrome wing mirrors, retrofitted a s-line front bumper and bi-xenon headlights with accompanying headlight washers and auto levelling system. A S-line tailgate/roof spoiler was fitted a week ago as well.
Definitely not an 8P

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Well that’s made my mind up on getting launch control then
Hopefully I’ve been kind enough to it to last me a while... what’s a typical life length of a diff?
Getting launch control? Im assuming urs in manual