What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I want to upgrade my Audi Concert to RNS-e ... some people say that it is not worth. Is that true?

Not done anything yet but tomorrow I'm removing the rear box and gutting the dpf and deleting the egr anyone have any pointer or guides on the best way to remove the dpf

It hasn’t stopped raining since DPD dropped this little box off this morning, maybe I should’ve ordered a canoe??

748e6c2a050fac1ecaaaf056a333e635.jpg
6854d96387bb7e835f6cb9838e53d34f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fitted a Forge oil catch can and washer bottle filler. Function and feature.

6002552c71a0c9253eb090db0b4e5aec.jpg
936a133a7b27ee729b326fa7a647cc17.jpg
55eca5c539243707651b102ccbad11d2.jpg
cbf0ff5291fba6b831b218c896713e6a.jpg

Reactions: Bryant1998
Thanks mate. And after only about 5 miles of driving you can see the oily vapour on the sight glass, after having throttle body and MAP sensor issues in the past at can’t be a bad thing to remove it.

in return for getting rid of the "y" resonator up front and switching out the Milltek resonator for a 12 inch Vibrant, I was rewarded with a really nice exhaust note!

Reactions: J0N
Got the splitter on, wasn’t as straightforward as I was hoping but it’s on :wub:

Attachments

• 6147ED12-DB9F-4B3D-9935-0E206D307309.jpeg
    6147ED12-DB9F-4B3D-9935-0E206D307309.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 333
Reactions: J0N and Bryant1998
Looks great. What issues did you have??

Cheers @J0N, well it being supplied with bolts and them needing to be a max of 30mm away from the front of the bumper it was very very tight to get the bolts on! Then once the splitter was on I found that 2 screws each side holding a section of the under tray on were now hidden by the splitter so had to drill through the splitter to locate the original holes and then use longer screws bolting through the splitter to hold the under tray :suspicion:

So yeah maxton designs could make a few improvements on the splitter but hey it’s on!
Just need to have a think on what to do with the grill next possibly an rs3 grill

Something to look out for then??

cba60733220895a9641ffbb758097057.jpg

OEM grilles are becoming a rare thing these days...

8037a6d6f9985b0644e2cd2739666143.jpg

Something to look out for then??

cba60733220895a9641ffbb758097057.jpg

OEM grilles are becoming a rare thing these days...

8037a6d6f9985b0644e2cd2739666143.jpg

You’ve got the facelift version so no doubt it’ll be slightly different, eye it up before you fit it and make sure all the screws for the under tray can go back, it was 2 either side close to the wheel arch that the splitter covered. Easiest way I found to do it was clamp it on to the car exactly where you want it and just drill and bolt it as you go.

You’ve got the facelift version so no doubt it’ll be slightly different, eye it up before you fit it and make sure all the screws for the under tray can go back, it was 2 either side close to the wheel arch that the splitter covered. Easiest way I found to do it was clamp it on to the car exactly where you want it and just drill and bolt it as you go.
AND stay away from speed bumps and nasty driveways

Reactions: J0N and CameronS3
Don’t they stink too, my living room reeks of ABS at the moment haha...

Reactions: e9_mustii and CameronS3
It’s on.....

79838c8e9c8be42f7f4f2cc80977208d.jpg
67acff6e222b40aa63f2bb977afe96d3.jpg

Reactions: Zubair and CameronS3
Looks brilliant!
Really wish I had the facelift version :unamused:

It went on ok then? Didn’t cover any screws?

No screws covered and I especially looked out for this after your advice, the profile of the underneath is exactly the same as the part it fastens to. Getting it off the ramps was interesting though....

Reactions: e9_mustii and CameronS3
Wheel Alighnment and Tyres, stressful day for me and the wallet.
2b4b1d2371ad9df133bf258ea3a17a57.jpg

bff87fd741ff812da770257b4ab42043.jpg

499ebe65e1e4d41aa7d98904fa42476c.jpg

Fitted home made / designed forced air intake pipe from existing grill into cais housing
IMG 4134
IMG 4136
IMG 4135

Managed to remove the hood clear bra today, the result is just so satisfying.

before

after

before

after

Hood cleaned and paint scealant applied. So glad its finally behind me! Now, gotta find out what to do with this bumper messy paint...

My S3 has 2 days at Awesome GTi this week. Bit of a wallet emptier as I had the following done:
1. Interim service with Millers
Nanodrive oil.
2. New Cambelt plus water pump.
3. New RTS dmf dual friction clutch.
4. Retrofit cruise control
5. Check the APR stage 2+ software is up to date.
6. 3 x power runs on the dyno. (This was done first so the new clutch was not overstressed. )

Excellent service by the Awesome staff. The clutch needs breaking in so no full boost for about 500 miles. ☹️ Lots of town style driving coming up.

Never had cruise control before so I enjoyed playing with it on the way back to the Midlands.

Europe does turn signal colors right. Always should be amber. Flashing red is for "danger". Flashing amber is for "warning." My 2007 Audi A3 came with red rear turn signals. So I replaced the tail lamp fixtures with European ones that have amber lenses for the turn signals. So much better!
I started getting caught up in the LED upgrade trend, but was fearful of wasting $$ with bulbs that don't work (bulb out warnings, hyperflashing, etc.). I took a chance and installed Auxito LED bulbs in the rear and they work great. Nice clean amber flashing.
Audi-2007-A3-LED-rear-signals.jpg

VIDEO
TLDR; below I talk about installing a set of LED bulbs in front to compliment the rear, & they didn't work.

So, with that accomplishment, I thought I could add front LED turn signal bulbs. I got another set of Auxito LED bulbs (PY21W, 7507). And... they almost worked. I discovered that I'd get a hyperflash on first use of the turn signals (for both left & right separately). After that, they were fine. But this would happen each time I'd first turn on the car. Having to "clear" this hyperflash each time I drive the car would be a real pain... so, couldn't keep them installed. I do not know if I removed the rears that they would operate OK. I've heard that it's possible having more LED bulbs in a circuit can trigger this problem. But I didn't want to bother with testing this, for one main reason: the front turn signals were like 4-times the brightness of incandescent. REALLY bright. Blindingly so. And that would present an annoyance & hazard for other drivers. Thus, sticking with just rear LED.

So, if you're planing to upgrade your incandescent bulbs to LED, keep in mind that you might be able to do front or rear, but not both. That is, unless you want to spend much more $$ for a set from a company that guarantees they'll work 100% (you pay 4 to 5 times as much for those).

My S3 has 2 days at Awesome GTi this week. Bit of a wallet emptier as I had the following done:
1. Interim service with Millers
Nanodrive oil.
2. New Cambelt plus water pump.
3. New RTS dmf dual friction clutch.
4. Retrofit cruise control
5. Check the APR stage 2+ software is up to date.
6. 3 x power runs on the dyno. (This was done first so the new clutch was not overstressed. )

Excellent service by the Awesome staff. The clutch needs breaking in so no full boost for about 500 miles. Lots of town style driving coming up.

Never had cruise control before so I enjoyed playing with it on the way back to the Midlands.
I didn't know they offered a DMF. I got an SMF which is apparently a heavier SMF compared to others which helps with the juddering... i think.

Yeah any work they do is good work though, even when you book in for an inspection the cheif tech talked me through what he'd found so pennies well spent IMO.

Let us know how you get on, I remember you PM'ing me a while back when you were deliberating getting an RTS clutch.

Resprayed front bumper to remove stone chips and scuffs. Painted grille black, along with black plastics.

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_204433.jpg
    IMG_20191013_204433.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 267
Reactions: marcjwebb, J0N and lafa3ro
Resprayed front bumper to remove stone chips and scuffs. Painted grille black, along with black plastics.
Looks stunning. What paint did you use for the black grill?

Thinking of doing exactly that, but afraid of the color mismatch as mine is dark blue...

Looks stunning. What paint did you use for the black grill?

Thinking of doing exactly that, but afraid of the color mismatch as mine is dark blue...
It's the gloss black spray paint from Halfords. £7.99 a can. I've seen a few pictures of black grille with the dark blue and think it's looks nice still

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk

It's the gloss black spray paint from Halfords. £7.99 a can. I've seen a few pictures of black grille with the dark blue and think it's looks nice still

Sent from my ELE-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks. Yeah I think black on dark blue will look great, I'm more worried about the difference of color between the hood/fenders and a newly painted bumper. Yours looks good though.

Fitted a genuine Audi rear washer jet.

I bought an 'eBay special' jet this time last year & it's knackered already. So I went for a proper one this time even though it cost four times the price. I might learn that if you buy cheap, you buy twice.

I picked up a pair of OSRAM bulbs that pump out 860 lumens. They're halogen, not LED. But no worries about heat buildup as reverse lights (921) are on only momentarily. They work great. Brightness seems to be about double (maybe more) than originals. The prongs fit a little loosely, though. So I bent in the metal socket tabs with a thin screwdriver, which helped, but found that I needed to bend the bulb prongs too. You have to be careful as they're easy to break. Use two pairs of pliers, one to hold the prong secure coming from the glass, and the other to do the bending. Found an "S" shape works best. Totally stoked with the performance.

Osram-615905-35w-12v-GY6-35.jpg

Had a full service, dsg/haldex oil and filter change, brake fluid change, new front o/s droplink and mot done.

can’t rate Midlands vw highly enough and thoroughly recommend them.

I fitted a ProRam air filter to my Revo intake today. I had been using a Green Cotton filter but it turned a sort of dead grass colour! The new filter seems to perform well with much the same noises as the green
So this adds to the all black look apart from the yellow dipstick and tube!
Just been running my new RTS clutch in, done another 40 miles of round the houses driving. Not too much judder and I think it will continue to improve as time goes on.

8B48D301 3BD7 4BB9 B2C6 2D2CC36CFC19
CD96C506 24BD 44B5 90B5 07100C329606
34AFB319 5D65 490A 84A1 141FAC0A38FA
t

Looking good, how about one of these to set things off...
e29997210c28b733a2aa8eb3b1d33bb9.png

that is the most over engineered dipstick ever made and its hot to the touch. that being said, it looks good in my car too!

Just a little list:cry:
  • Oil leaking excessively from engine (8.4.1 (a) (i))
  • Offside Front Brake hose excessively deteriorated (1.1.12 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Upper Anti-roll bar linkage ball joint dust cover no longer prevents the ingress of dirt (5.3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Coil spring fractured or broken (5.3.1 (b) (i))
  • Offside Rear Coil spring corroded so that its cross sectional area is reduced and seriously weakened (5.3.1 (b) (i))
11 glorious years of passing its MOT 1st time have come to an end.