What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

20190527 185244 2016x1512
20190527 185454 2016x1512
20190527 185641 2016x1512

Quad honeycomb projectors fitted to car (at last)

Reactions: maxpayne
never get round to posting as never ‘done’. 95% led conversion (except xenons), fogs awaiting access, but in-hand. my11 rear lights. ‘s3’ 5d reg/plates. cruise retrofit. speedline refurb in hyper w/new ‘chrome’. firmware upgrade to h/u.

fNCr57B

Last edited:
Hey nice whered you get the projectors from and whered you get them etched ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got them from across the pond. When I brought the projectors they etched them for me. Emtuning do them as well. He's on the forum.

Very nice and finally good to see it fitted. I noticed you’ve also got funky looking fog lights with some type of DRL? Was it a custom job too?

Cheers. Fog lights are just some yellow film over them. I'm going to remove it today, I think it will look better. Next to the fogs I have some of these
Screenshot 20190528 070013 Photo Editor

I will be going back to standard covers, a bit of overkill having those as well as the angel eyes
20190528 070859

Well as I've been doing a bit more driving the past 12 months the service icon chimed up a little earlier, so took her in for the service on friday. Bought the plan which covers this and the next service so cost a little more than usual.

At the same time i got them to fit the 4 new tyres i bought, do an alignment, and fit the mirror indicator i bought from them as just didn't get around to doing it myself xD

Also investigating rattles and they're going to fit some new rear stone guards and passenger front wheel arch shroud.

I did notice that the passe.ger wingmirror glass was wobbling a bit when on the motorway, a little play and seems to be becoming unstuck from the backing plate.

So asked them about that.....£200+ for the wing mirror..... i argued this as how can they justify replacing the entire unit and not just the glass... apparently they can't do just the glass.... even though on the price breakdown for this and the other parts there were 2 distinct items, wing mirrow, and mirror glass....so yeah.... think I'll do that myself lol.... when i find time. Funnily enough it seems to be more stuck now then when i dropped it off lol

That's a skank my wing mirror got broke I bought glass replaced it my self cost £8

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: DrSasso
Finally got round to removing the drivers side puddle light and fixing the broken terminal :) also fitted a pair of chinese heated fan windscreen washers from ebay for £5.85 a pair, excellent :)

Reactions: DrSasso
There is a little screw in the front that adjusts the jet up or down

takes about 30 seconds to pop the bonnet, pull up the unit, pull plug and pipe and re connect new unit ,shut bonnet. advantage is one fan spray instead of 4 separate jets all pointing in different directions. Great for soaking people at bus stops as you drive by but useless at washing the screen

Reactions: e9_mustii
done os front wishbone both front wheel bearings pads all round and today 4 wheel alignment at goodwins Ilford drives like a new car also the tracking fixed the radio lol?

takes about 30 seconds to pop the bonnet, pull up the unit, pull plug and pipe and re connect new unit ,shut bonnet. advantage is one fan spray instead of 4 separate jets all pointing in different directions. Great for soaking people at bus stops as you drive by but useless at washing the screen

I was under the impression from previous reading of these forums that you needed shims or something to fit these to an 8P? Is that not the case? I haven't had a scout about yet to see how the originals are fitted, but if they are direct fit plug and play it's a no brainer and i'll order myself a set

My washer fan jets arrived on the weekend and i did a test of popping the old ones out. Super simple! Shall put the new ones in tonight when i get home.

Think the shims were if you wanted to fit them to previous gen, or maybe pre facelift? Shall try to remember to comment later once mine are in :)

My car is a pre-facelift... maybe that was it!

I don't see why the mk5 golf has fan washers and the 8p a3 doesn't! it's ridiculous.. same as mk5 golf as standard has flat blade rear and better designed rear washer.

There's quite a few things that seem to be better thought out on the mk5 golf platform, although general consensus is Audi is the "premium marque" of the 2

Not that ive seen many cars washer jets buy the last one i saw with fans was my fathers compay a4 avant back in like 2002/04 Haha, the car that got me in love with audi. The first time i got to drive that 1.9tdi having only driven 1.2s and passing my test not long before....the powaaarrrrrr!

Replaced the ignition coils and the PCV to the latest revision, both were 8 years old and were never changed before.

Well, the second bolt I tried to remove from the PCV broke... I was able to remove the PCV eventually and try to remove the broken bolt but it just wouldn't move. Installed latest revision PCV, tighten the 8 other bolts and the car runs fine, idle even seems a little bit smoother.

At some point I'll bring it to my indie mechanic to have a go at it, but I fear a new valve cover might be needed...

Just finished up this aggressive front end for at the moment till my new bumper comes (that could be a while).

What do you guys think ?

fc1ac00904b8f74cca0f27a1b87eaa76.jpg
a8c681b4796be3ddc3c6d8f6304fdf37.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robin Chandler
Minimal. So far it’s just change the airbag plugs, need to sort the seatbelt sensor for drivers side then power up the seats, hopefully the oem empty slot for powered seats works