What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I had today off work, so I met up with a mate and went for a drive, stopping for photos and videos along the way.
Was a good afternoon out.
Rsz img 20190401 125354 01

Rsz img 20190401 161924 01

Reactions: markbrown87, Grey_Man, DrSasso and 1 other person
Thanks, I'm very pleased with the rear lights.
Not used that product, no idea what it is.
It's a glaze for dark coloured paintwork that helps reduce the effect of swirl marks and minute scratches.

Not saying I can see swirl marks haha but after having 2 black cars it's definitely helped achieve a good finish.

What's this 'bead maker' stuff that you talk about?

It's a glaze for dark coloured paintwork that helps reduce the effect of swirl marks and minute scratches.

Not saying I can see swirl marks haha but after having 2 black cars it's definitely helped achieve a good finish.

What's this 'bead maker' stuff that you talk about?
There are plenty of swirls on this car and I have thought about having it detailed professionally but there are so many defects they would stand out much more if the rest of the paint was brought back to life, so i now focus on making it look clean and tidy rather than perfect.

Bead maker is a type of sealant spray that you apply at the end of a detail/thorough clean. It cures within 8 hours and gives months of protection, as well as making the paintwork super slick and (as the title suggests) creates beading when it gets wet.
I only started using it last week, and after washing it yesterday I can see and feel a difference in how the wash mitt glides over the paint and water just runs off.

So I bought a whole 04 car to get some bits and bobs for my 09!

If anyone in Ireland needs parts, hit me up.
38590abf4befde6ec3cdefb5af9e4378.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Hi all, i had my rear windows tinted along with my rear lights , the lights are only slightly tinted ,

Reactions: Daveyonthemove, lea323ci and samisnake
Took advice from a member on here about a cam belt + water pump kit bought it had it fitted before service and Mot then car was sent for mot and passed with flying colours not bad for a car with 100,000 miles on it

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Got the fuel filter replaced along with a spring maintenance (oil change, brake service, etc...). While I was there I asked the shop to pop the radio since I dont have the keys and proceeded to install the bluetooth module from USB-Nachruesten.

My car didnt have the bluetooth package and I didnt want to go with a full head unit replacement so this seemed like a decent compromise. Turns out its working beautifully, it can even next/prev songs directly from the head with the right rotary button, pretty neat! Sound is significantly better than the crappy original aux input too.

4 Brand new Michelin PS4 put on car today at a steal off a price from ATS including a free Amazon Tablet .
Only down side off these tyres is they only have 7mm off thread from new , so always beware when buying new tyres don't expect all to be 8mm all over

FINALLY got time to fit the Maxton splitter and put the front shocks together. Just need them and the tears fitted now.
9E9C5A96 450A 4D47 91BD A8860863DED3
373D9366 1C46 4D78 920B 13B94ADBA709
D7AA0E08 82B5 41EC A5F4 9A2B457CE63A
5F8F95AB 3288 4815 BB19 1280F08CBD84

Was the splitter easy to fit as it looks awesome
Cheers mate, and Na it was a complete ball ache if I’m honest, the fitting kit they give you isn’t practical. The sides were easy to drill and secure but the centre part was a nightmare, managed eventually though. Just takes lots of brews...and swear words haha

Fitted my gel short plates, next up is wiper delete and debadge although my eldest wont be too happy about that:whistle2:
2i1o21v.jpg

Cheers mate, and Na it was a complete ball ache if I’m honest, the fitting kit they give you isn’t practical. The sides were easy to drill and secure but the centre part was a nightmare, managed eventually though. Just takes lots of brews...and swear words haha
Think I will pass but does look nice

Fitted my gel short plates, next up is wiper delete and debadge although my eldest wont be too happy about that:whistle2:
2i1o21v.jpg

Word of warning. A colleague at work was pulled by the police for incorrect spacing of letters and non conforming plate, £100 fine. They also reported it to the dvla who informed him if he was reported again they would withdraw the plate.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove and paddy

spliier does look good, can i ask where its from ect , cheers

Changed my alloys to these on the weekend.
They've got loads of like so I'm dreading catching them on the curb lol
fcad0e9824010b02e26f7de9b5523449.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Andreashadji
Word of warning. A colleague at work was pulled by the police for incorrect spacing of letters and non conforming plate, £100 fine. They also reported it to the dvla who informed him if he was reported again they would withdraw the plate.

Well I dont want to jinx it but previously I had it spaced J6E B X and the only time I got told off about it was when I got pulled for speeding so fingers crossed

Finally replaced the broken arm rest lid clip with one off Ebay. needed to modify the spring that came with it though to make it work correctly.
Fitted cruise control yesterday, updated ECU etc., but not able to get it working yet ... Ho hum..

Replaced the offside front drop link. Knocking gone.

Looked to be an orignal item going by the date stamp, so lasted 112k+.

Finally replaced the broken arm rest lid clip with one off Ebay. needed to modify the spring that came with it though to make it work correctly.
Fitted cruise control yesterday, updated ECU etc., but not able to get it working yet ... Ho hum..

do you have a link to the clip you bought? I had a look at a few for the 8p but they did not seem to come with springs?

0f8c88bea1eea83491a914733e599b06.jpg
52822b556d9184cc17930e41e388b69d.jpg

Got this off eBay £1700 fortnight ago as a bit of a fixer upper, I put a cambelt and water pump kit on it and yesterday put new clutch in it. It needs a bit of tlc and a few bits and pieces doing . It came with 9 months mot and some history 124000 miles and it’s only £30 tax 1.9tdi I’ll use it for work and keep s line for weekends

Reactions: ch1z64 and abmat
It started at £2700 when I saw it originally then dropped £2500 it was in Cornwall so I had a long round trip from Essex with my son to collect it.
It had been serviced, starter motor fitted and 4 budget tyres fitted just after Christmas by the lady owner and moted but with clutch noise and cambelt needed doing she just wanted it gone, so she told me £1700 and I took a chance on it.
I drove it back to Essex without any issues

It started at £2700 when I saw it originally then dropped £2500 it was in Cornwall so I had a long round trip from Essex with my son to collect it.
It had been serviced, starter motor fitted and 4 budget tyres fitted just after Christmas by the lady owner and moted but with clutch noise and cambelt needed doing she just wanted it gone, so she told me £1700 and I took a chance on it.
I drove it back to Essex without any issues

Going by its age it's only got 24,000 more than mine and mines still running fine as I guess it's been looked after and let's hope you have got urself a proper bargain

Hope so ,it’s got plenty of bits and pieces to be done over a period of time that I will work through.
I’m a self employed mechanic with 38 years in the trade so it helps

Hope so ,it’s got plenty of bits and pieces to be done over a period of time that I will work through.
I’m a self employed mechanic with 38 years in the trade so it helps

Be a walk in the park for you , any tips would be useful if you want to share lol

Reactions: abmat
do you have a link to the clip you bought? I had a look at a few for the 8p but they did not seem to come with springs?

It was off ebay and the last one. However here is a video of the same thing with the spring. The video ends with the spring not working.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM08b_k0398

Pause it at 9 seconds and you can see the spring.

I moved the ends of the spring to inside the legs where it lodges between two triangular supports on each leg and also bent the "V" in the middle deeper so that the "V" tip will sit in the square hole in the lid (- between the leg hinge holes). If I can get my phone talking to my PC again, I will send a video.

Reactions: Ike
Played with the Central Electrics module today - got rid of a few irritations. Removed "Comfort" 3 blink indicator ([09] Byte 02 Bit 1) and seat belt bing,bing,bing,bing,bing... Also activated "teardrop" wiping on rear window and Emergency Hazard lights on heavy breaking. Nice :)
Still need to figure how to make the alarm "bump" the horn when the car is fully secure like my old A4 Mk1...

It was off ebay and the last one. However here is a video of the same thing with the spring. The video ends with the spring not working.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM08b_k0398

Pause it at 9 seconds and you can see the spring.

I moved the ends of the spring to inside the legs where it lodges between two triangular supports on each leg and also bent the "V" in the middle deeper so that the "V" tip will sit in the square hole in the lid (- between the leg hinge holes). If I can get my phone talking to my PC again, I will send a video.

nice one. good news for me is that mine may have been replaced already as mine is like the one in the video you linked. it’s kind of ok... until someone lifts the armrest which empties the contents into the rear footwells, again! will have a look in the next few days. ta.

46 - Central Convenience

Byte 8
Bit 3 - Unlocking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control
Bit 7 - Horn Configuration Blocked - (Deselect to make changes)

Byte 9
Bit 3 - Locking Confirmation (Horn) via Remote Control

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/8p-vcds-changes-thread.79127/
http://www.lightnings.dk/vcds_sikkerhed_en.html

Thank you Ike. I have checked and have these bits set (or not) but still no joy. There are also a few bits set I don't have documents for yet so I suspect something else is blocking this feature.
Here is the video I promised showing the modified spring on the arm rest:

http://sendvid.com/dcpldphv

Hope it helps :)

Thank you Ike. I have checked and have these bits set (or not) but still no joy. There are also a few bits set I don't have documents for yet so I suspect something else is blocking this feature.
Here is the video I promised showing the modified spring on the arm rest:

http://sendvid.com/dcpldphv

Hope it helps :)

Sweet. Cheers for that, Widg. Nice clear video, appreciated! Liked the text-to-speech commentary also!

Only things I can think of for the ‘horn’ is that either an adaption is needed, you have no alarm (perhaps?) as mine uses the alarm and not the horn itself, assume you’ve disabled bit 7 but worth checking...

Anyway, winter is coming...

Thanks Ike and Ch1z64. I have a printout of thread 79127 (thanks to Staz and all) and checked the long code in Central Convenience (inc B8b7@Zero) but no audible confirmation on the alarm yet. when I get chance, I will continue digging and see if I can find a Solution.:readit:

2i1o21v.jpg
I personally find short number plates to look odd, but what makes it worse on yours is that you can see the screw holes for the regular size number plates, and that can't be unseen. Maybe a number plate holder would hide them.

Reactions: Bryant1998