What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Given that we have one in dolphin gray something lighter. Otherwise it will end up looking like the gangsta mobil lol.

If you get it done post up a pic as I’m thinking of doing mine. Let’s me know what to expect then as mine is dolphin grey too.

Reactions: maxpayne
Given that we have one in dolphin gray something lighter. Otherwise it will end up looking like the gangsta mobil lol.

Imo it's less about the colour of the car but rather whether the fronts are done or not.

Eg. Put 5% or 20% on the back 3 and it just looks factory. I went with 20% to get that factory opaque look.

35% back three looks a bit light but classy, 50% back 3 can't see the point.

Personally prefer tints all round, but I'm not the only driver of the car. 2 of my previous cars had it dark all round, can get the wrong attention.

Imo it's less about the colour of the car but rather whether the fronts are done or not.

Eg. Put 5% or 20% on the back 3 and it just looks factory. I went with 20% to get that factory opaque look.

35% back three looks a bit light but classy, 50% back 3 can't see the point.

Personally prefer tints all round, but I'm not the only driver of the car. 2 of my previous cars had it dark all round, can get the wrong attention.

So does 20% mean that only 20% light gets through?

At 20% the wife is guaranteed to run over someone while backing up

that vote of confidence in your wifes driving lol.

tbh when i first ever had tints fitted (5% rear 3, 35% front 2) i almost smacked into a lampost reversing it the first night as i couldnt see a thing.
after time you get used to it, plus with parking sensors and a reverse camera, it makes no difference now. in the daytime, all youll notice is a darker hue in the rear view. at night is when youll realise theyre dark.

bottom tint is medium, middle is dark, top is limo (essentially 35, 20 and 5%)

Had the A3 remapped again this time with the dsg done too. New front wheel bearings, brembo discs and pads. Big thanks you to the guys at Stealth Racing. Especially Vince VR6 mapping guru. Car drives fantastic.

Had the A3 remapped again this time with the dsg done too. New front wheel bearings, brembo discs and pads. Big thanks you to the guys at Stealth Racing. Especially Vince VR6 mapping guru. Car drives fantastic.

3.2 remapped? What did you get done? Any difference to the dsg?

Most importantly, where as I am considering this.

3.2 remapped? What did you get done? Any difference to the dsg?

Most importantly, where as I am considering this.
I think he mentioned 'Stealth Racing' in the post you quoted, I assume that is where it was done?

Reactions: abmat
Fitted this. Alpine ILX-700. I'm not too happy with the facia, as I modified my 2x single din one. Will get the proper one, this is just temporary.
IMG 683140

Had a nice Pioneer head unit installed. Was going to go for it myself but for what the guys over at Western Car Radio charged me for the install it didn't seem worth me messing it up. Absolutely fantastic job they've done here.
18e1cb272e133171c5e65229896b6b6f.jpg
1df60c9430829e7a84051526455c6042.jpg

What fascia is that? Is the screen size 7”?

Popped into a local exhaust shop and asked if they could do modified exhausts.
They instantly replied yes, asked for the keys and put it on the ramp before I had a chance to explain what I wanted. The technician returned, explained that the current system was in good condition and asked what I was hoping to achieve.
I explained that I wanted a bit of added noise but I didn't want it to drone. He said the easiest way would be to remove the resonator and put a straight through pipe in it's place, and assure me that the back box would prevent the droning noise from happening. I trusted him, and he delivered.
Here's a quick video I took after the car had cooled down so it could cold start. Excuse the quality and darkness, I got back after sunset.

How much they charge?

I changed the orange dip stick to yellow some time ago on my S3 and TT. Too many horror stories where they real up and the bits of orange plastic go into the sump.
However, a yellow dipstick poking out of the orange tube looks a bit odd so changed both tubes this week.
Quite a good mod for only £7 per dipstick tube.

5FACDCC0 980D 4614 AE5D 80629F5FC1D5
C054C6B9 7375 4640 9AC1 9CF37DE10F8C

Reactions: maxpayne
I changed the orange dip stick to yellow some time ago on my S3 and TT. Too many horror stories where they real up and the bits of orange plastic go into the sump.
However, a yellow dipstick poking out of the orange tube looks a bit odd so changed both tubes this week.

View attachment 175285 View attachment 175286

I’ve got the tube but haven’t fitted it. How did you do it?

View attachment 175285 View attachment 175286

What way did you order those parts from TPS, are they the latest revision for 8P or are they from another model?

Mine are fine, but I’d like to have them at hand just in case!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gave inside a clean and fitted new number plate surrounds......planned a good few hours detailing it, but then it chucked it down all day :weary:

20190207 150606 800x600

What way did you order those parts from TPS, are they the latest revision for 8P or are they from another model?

Mine are fine, but I’d like to have them at hand just in case!!

I just ordered them from Audi. The latest version is yellow. All 2.0 TFSI use the same parts so I just used the reg for my S3. You can also get the tube and the dipstick from AKS tuning

I just ordered them from Audi. The latest version is yellow. All 2.0 TFSI use the same parts so I just used the reg for my S3. You can also get the tube and the dipstick from AKS tuning

Thank you buddy!

Mine is actually diesel, CR170, so I’m not sure if this applies to my car

I've had a few parts waiting to be fitted due to recent illness and bad weather, but today I decided to make a start, although the wind has stopped play on one of my planned jobs.
Firstly, I bought and installed some PIAA silicone blades. I've used these in the past and they have been extremely good at wiping away all rain and grime, and staying silent in the process.
These are rated very highly and I look forward to seeing if they live up to expectations.
Rsz img 20190209 104904

Next planned job that is not possible due to high winds, is to remove the damaged tints that were fitted to the car when i bought it last year, and put some more durable Solarplexius panels in their place.
These are cut to fit, flexible perspex sheets that are tinted with UV protection built in.
I was going to test fit the rear glass today, but with the wind we have here it's too risky so they will have to wait. I will post pics when they are finished.
Rsz img 20190209 111211
Rsz img 20190209 111605

Final job of today is to fit the heated/cooled seat cover that was on my drivers seat onto the rear passenger seat. Now I'm no longer sat on full leather in the drivers seat, I don't need a cooling option and the heating elements are very good, so my daughter can now enjoy a heated seat in the rear. No photos because it's just a seat cover getting wired up to the fuse box in the dash. Boring!

Ummm. was hoping you'd say twenty quid lol. Got some blade refills for a quid I'll give them a go before ordering new wipers

I have found the regular blades to smear a bit on the passenger side.
I'm not saying they are bad, but I have used PIAA in the past and have found them to be noticeably better.

Same here i always use Bosch or Valeo. They only smear when they’re coming to end of life. Can get a decent set for 20 - 25 quid.

I find the Bosch become damaged easily leaving tracks across the screen. The Valeo blades seem more durable.

We've had plenty of rain here this morning and the new blades are a vast improvement.
I haven't used the PIAA silicone wipes yet as I need to wash the car and clean the glass properly, but I know how well they work so I'm happy with the purchase despite the high cost.

creEUD9.jpg

oil change. mann filter and quantum LL3 oil.
also changed the dipped bulbs as one had blown with bosch pure light h7 bulbs, couldnt fit the passenger side properly though and had enough so will try it again tomorrow.