What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Usually the S3 ET is 54 and as yours look flush with the wheel arch ( from pics ) i would say close to ET44

Reactions: Eren S3
Usually the S3 ET is 54 and as yours look flush with the wheel arch ( from pics ) i would say close to ET44

Would say that's about right actually. Forgot to mention there's 10mm spacers on the rear as well. Sits nicely though, that'll stop the urge to buy new wheels for a while :innocent:

Would say that's about right actually. Forgot to mention there's 10mm spacers on the rear as well. Sits nicely though, that'll stop the urge to buy new wheels for a while :innocent:
Never been a lover off the spacers but everyone to there own

Never been a lover off the spacers but everyone to there own

It's a split decision here with the spacers I know. Personally I will eventually move to a setup where the spacers aren't required. I like that there are different opinions on things like this though. The world would be a boring looking place if we all liked the same thing :) Thanks for the info on the offsets of the cars though, it's always good to know.

I put 10mm on the rear, and 8mm on the front and quite like the way they improve the stance.
I really like the alloys on your car, I really wanted Daytona Grey when I was seeking an S3, but they were very hard to find in decent condition.

I put 10mm on the rear, and 8mm on the front and quite like the way they improve the stance.
I really like the alloys on your car, I really wanted Daytona Grey when I was seeking an S3, but they were very hard to find in decent condition.

A small bit of stance is never a bad thing :)
Ah well thanks for saying so. I've always liked the look of those wheels actually so when I got a chance to have them I snapped them up! I'll try to get a few more photos of the car when it's cleaner and the weather isn't so British.

When I looked at the S3 I saw a white wrapped one, black one and the grey which I ended up buying. I liked the white a lot but the wrap needed re-doing and the black one I saw was is such bad condition that it just put me off although I would have LOVED a black one. The grey just took me by surprise how nice it was. I wasn't sure if the black wheels would suit it but I 'built' something similar on Forza Horizon 4 and it just worked haha.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I'm confused...you have an ET 35 and 10 mm spacers too?

Not currently. I wasn't sure of the actual offset of these replicas as the plate at the back was blank but I test fit another replica which was ET35 and I thought it was something similar. We're thinking now around ET44 as ch1z54 suggested. But I am running 10mm spacers on the back which would bring it to ET34. Hope that makes sense.

Lets try this again, fitted this (not today) Everything seems to be working fine.
Routed the usb port to just by the passengers knee appose to drilling holes into my glove box.
(Ignore the mess, I haven't thrown old fuel receipts away)

[album=medium]4337[/album]

Lets try this again, fitted this (not today) Everything seems to be working fine.
Routed the usb port to just by the passengers knee appose to drilling holes into my glove box.
(Ignore the mess, I haven't thrown old fuel receipts away)

[album=medium]4337[/album]
Are you not able to drop usb port down back off head unit and come out under the CC into the ashtray delete

Are you not able to drop usb port down back off head unit and come out under the CC into the ashtray delete

I didn't want to start removing too much if I'm honest. I did try reach down to see if there was a way to force a port through but couldn't see a way.
Probably me just being daft.

I didn't want to start removing too much if I'm honest. I did try reach down to see if there was a way to force a port through but couldn't see a way.
Probably me just being daft.
If you have or want , fit the rubber ashtray delete and pop a little hole in it where it slides up the bk off CC then just pull it through , i would think you could do that not that i have myself as i stick OEM

Replaced my passenger side B-Pillar trim.

The original had a production sticker marked 2005... on a 2009 car!

Cheap and easy fix.

e537b05618e409ed1b7c7c170f5411c2.jpg

12dd987f7dc5c7620ab554203fed6b88.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: maccalo and Daveyonthemove
Fresh MOT this morning, 6th MOT in a row now it’s passed with zero advisories. Has MOT now until January 2020.

Had a good look underneath and looks so solid and clean for just shy of 80k miles.

Put standard air box back on as ramair one is causing nothing but issues and I’m not ready for a remap yet. Reset ecu by disconnecting battery.

Reactions: ch1z64
d892fb68aca0ef35a92c1bddc890619a.jpg

It wasn’t me but the wife. Sigh. Looks like around £300. Luckily I know a friendly body shop. Opportunity to refurbish the alloys while at it I guess.

Second hand wing and polish the bumper would be my fix maxpayne

That’s an option for sure. I’ll see what the the friendly body shop has to say. Ultimately a second hand (by the way a brand new wing is actually pretty reasonably priced from ECP, less than £50) wing will pose its own challenges - it has to be colour matched and potentially shipped to London etc.

That’s an option for sure. I’ll see what the the friendly body shop has to say. Ultimately a second hand (by the way a brand new wing is actually pretty reasonably priced from ECP, less than £50) wing will pose its own challenges - it has to be colour matched and potentially shipped to London etc.
Dpc motor spares north London if your close to there, sure there is another place in Palmer lane or palmer something London

d892fb68aca0ef35a92c1bddc890619a.jpg

It wasn’t me but the wife. Sigh. Looks like around £300. Luckily I know a friendly body shop. Opportunity to refurbish the alloys while at it I guess.
I feel you pain, I wont let the wife drive mine anymore after scraping the alloys, damaging the front splitter and cracking the sump.
All on separate occasions!!

Dpc motor spares north London if your close to there, sure there is another place in Palmer lane or palmer something London

Thanks. That’s a good shout.
I’ve bought a few things from them before.
I’m a north Londoner and live 20 minutes drive from Palmers Green (it’s further north of us).

Reactions: ch1z64
I feel you pain, I wont let the wife drive mine anymore after scraping the alloys, damaging the front splitter and cracking the sump.
All on separate occasions!!

Technically it’s my wife’s car anyway haha. We agreed to stick to the old lady till she got used to driving in London, which obviously she still hasn’t!

Reactions: Robin Chandler
Thanks. That’s a good shout.
I’ve bought a few things from them before.
I’m a north Londoner and live 20 minutes drive from Palmers Green (it’s further north of us).
Glad you got the right one , while your there can you have a look and see if they have Rs3 wings , bonnet front lights for me cheers

Well, after having the car for a few weeks now...

I fitted internal map reading front and rear light clusters and then installed LED bulbs to them including boot. Glove box to do tomorrow as it got dark (and was fiddly).

I also installed LED's to number plate and reverse bulbs (canbus) to avoid any warning messages to which are super bright white btw!

Also inbetween all that I also fitted Audi Concert over Chorus unit for mp3 playback which didn't fix my dead/non working passenger speaker nor crackling driver side speaker so they got switched out for replacement OEM units so I'm halfway towards a decent sounding system (!)f

Oh and I also fitted an 'OEM Mount' for my iPhone/Fire tablet...which then got me looking at TT air vents! :sos:

how much did this cost as im looking to do the same...?

thanks in advance
Sorry missed your question. I bought the kit for about £180 genuine Audi from a lad called Mike who works off Facebook. Can give you the link if needed. Labour came to about £300. I also had some split pipes that need changing near where this job took place. This is a major job by the way. But the cam chain had started to stretch, car on 80k.

Well on good advice from others who know a lot more than me about cars i followed it and removed my old DV valve and replaced it with the new revision G valve and i popped a little VTA in between so tomorrow i will see what results i get .

Attachments

• IMG_20181212_151806-1440x1920.jpg
    IMG_20181212_151806-1440x1920.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_20181212_151327-1440x1920.jpg
    IMG_20181212_151327-1440x1920.jpg
    437.7 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_20181212_151320-1440x1920.jpg
    IMG_20181212_151320-1440x1920.jpg
    501.8 KB · Views: 225
Forge PCV delete kit installed suspecting a dodgy PCV. Looks much nicer, seems to pull better too under boost (not sure if it's psychological or not because it's a shiny new part). Now I definitely need to get in the engine bay with a cleaner and toothbrush to sort this nastiness out what was hiding underneath it!

7ad550d334dc762dbd8d2efae1a93256.jpg

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Forge PCV delete kit installed suspecting a dodgy PCV. Looks much nicer, seems to pull better too under boost (not sure if it's psychological or not because it's a shiny new part). Now I definitely need to get in the engine bay with a cleaner and toothbrush to sort this nastiness out what was hiding underneath it!

7ad550d334dc762dbd8d2efae1a93256.jpg
Now you have done delete have you scanned car and deleted any faults if there is any , plus is that a Vent to air attached to the DV .

Now you have done delete have you scanned car and deleted any faults if there is any , plus is that a Vent to air attached to the DV .

Thanks, yeah looks much better with that now. I have scanned it, so far so good, no error codes although oddly enough I still have that little birdie squeaking sound on boost around 60/70mph. Possibly the other pipe coming from the crankcase (I think) to the delete plate? Going to scan it again tomorrow morning as I've just taken it on the motorway for an hours run or so, so I'll check tomorrow.

About the vent to air, if I'm honest, I'm not sure! I haven't touched the DV since my ownership. I will check tomorrow though as your post got me looking at the new revision DV! I'm a little flutter fanboy though. I know, here comes the hate!

Thanks, yeah looks much better with that now. I have scanned it, so far so good, no error codes although oddly enough I still have that little birdie squeaking sound on boost around 60/70mph. Possibly the other pipe coming from the crankcase (I think) to the delete plate? Going to scan it again tomorrow morning as I've just taken it on the motorway for an hours run or so, so I'll check tomorrow.

About the vent to air, if I'm honest, I'm not sure! I haven't touched the DV since my ownership. I will check tomorrow though as your post got me looking at the new revision DV! I'm a little flutter fanboy though. I know, here comes the hate!
It might be nothing but check the hoses are all fitted correctly O"rings sealed as mine felt as tight as a Nun but mechanic noticed it wasn',t when car was tuned and fitted it correctly , nothing against the VTA , just it looks like holes on the sliver part below DV, check my pic out and see if uour one looks like mine when you look as mine comes off tomortow

It might be nothing but check the hoses are all fitted correctly O"rings sealed as mine felt as tight as a Nun but mechanic noticed it wasn',t when car was tuned and fitted it correctly , nothing against a vta your choice , i have 1 on but removing tomorrow

It might be nothing but check the hoses are all fitted correctly O"rings sealed as mine felt as tight as a Nun but mechanic noticed it wasn',t when car was tuned and fitted it correctly , nothing against a vta your choice , i have 1 on but removing tomorrow

Thanks for the response, I will do, I'll double check everything tomorrow. Pretty sure everything was tightened, oddly enough there was no new gasket in the Forge kit, so I'm going to pop to my local TPS tomorrow and pick up one of those along with the PCV breather hose (Part number 06F103235) just for my peace of mind so I know everything has been done as good as I possibly can.

What's the reason for removing the VTA?

Edit to my last, local TPS wouldn't sell the parts to me, so I'll have to get them elsewhere. Autodoc seem to have lots of stock so I may give them a go. Don't know how long it'll take in the post though.

Edit to my last, local TPS wouldn't sell the parts to me, so I'll have to get them elsewhere. Autodoc seem to have lots of stock so I may give them a go. Don't know how long it'll take in the post though.
Must be a Local Tps thing ( heard a few members saying they only sell to trade ) as my one up here sells to public so if you have an issue let me know and i am sure we can sort something out

Must be a Local Tps thing ( heard a few members saying they only sell to trade ) as my one up here sells to public so if you have an issue let me know and i am sure we can sort something out

Appreciate that, thanks! Yeah similar issue, when I'm back in London the one there sells to public but not here. Even the local couple of dealers don't hold the parts in stock so it'll be an order and wait kind of job. I'll just be kind to the car until the parts arrive :)

Appreciate that, thanks! Yeah similar issue, when I'm back in London the one there sells to public but not here. Even the local couple of dealers don't hold the parts in stock so it'll be an order and wait kind of job. I'll just be kind to the car until the parts arrive :)
Ebay do the Seal, and your going the correct way by replacing that as old one will have been squashed senseless when you removed old one so the tightness wont be as good usually , these minor things matter

Ebay do the Seal, and your going the correct way by replacing that as old one will have been squashed senseless when you removed old one so the tightness wont be as good usually , these minor things matter

Great, got the seal, thanks. I'd have thought maybe these kind of kits would start coming with the gasket. Just waiting on the PCV breather hose and the brake booster hose too now.

Does the one off the old Kent road sell to the public?
Don't happen to know how much they sell 5w30 LL oil for do you

Any VAG parts or oil you need for VAG cars then look up *** online on Facebook. He’s a dealer that sells at more or less trade prices. I get all sorts from them and delivery is included

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Does the one off the old Kent road sell to the public?
Don't happen to know how much they sell 5w30 LL oil for do you

Not sure to be honest, that's not my local when I'm there. Worth giving them a call and seeing what's what. I asked for a part today from the Bristol one and was immediately asked what garage I was from.

Any VAG parts or oil you need for VAG cars then look up *** online on Facebook. He’s a dealer that sells at more or less trade prices. I get all sorts from them and delivery is included

That's great, I will do. Cheers!