What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I am on my original coil packs, 68k miles and 7 years....am i pushing my luck ? Is there any difference between R8 and S3 coils apart from colour ?

I am on my original coil packs, 68k miles and 7 years....am i pushing my luck ? Is there any difference between R8 and S3 coils apart from colour ?

Mine are same, if there are no misfire faults why change? They don’t increase performance

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: paddy
It's one of those items that different people treat in different ways.
I always look at what is due a change and factor it in early as I know that limp mode on the way home is less convenient than changing them early and knowing they are fine for another 60k.
Others view it as a waste of money until they actually go, and then find the time and money to sort it when it eventually happens.

It's up to you how you go about them.

Reactions: S. and mechanic69
I suppose if you replace everything that "might" fail on a 7 year old car its called buying a new car... for example my Xenon just went, should i have replaced it last before it went ?. That said i replaced both on the presumption that if one went the other might not be far behind.

Reactions: S.
I suppose if you replace everything that "might" fail on a 7 year old car its called buying a new car... for example my Xenon just went, should i have replaced it last before it went ?. That said i replaced both on the presumption that if one went the other might not be far behind.
I think there are some items you can expect to go at a certain time and treat them like a service item, and others that could last forever, or could last a week (like bulbs).
Coil packs are a 'service' item and for that reason you should expect them to give up before too long, IMO. If you decide to wait for that point it is entirely up to you.
Like you, if one half of a pair goes wrong (Bulbs etc) I replace both, as it's fair to assume the other will go at some point. And who wants to get the bumper off again? lol

Reactions: S. and mechanic69
Car dropped off for chains + guides, DMF if required and cams. They will take a look at some other stuff but hope nothing else as the £££. Shame because there was finally some decent weather for a drive, nice to take her out on the motorway where she likes it the most. Hope she gets back stronger and faster up highrin the rev range.

Reactions: S.
Done all puddle lights back and front then got coded just need to change bulbs to leds

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Switched finally to summer setup.
New cam follower, new spark plugs, oil filter and fuchs titan race pro s 5w40, last engine mount with powerflex insert was fitted too.

Reactions: mechanic69
I did see the orders coming through @Robin Chandler and I was trying to work out what you was upto, now I know. Great work and hats off for doing it yourself.

A lot of members should try it, I stock all the parts that Robin has put into this build and I can also offer the lens etching service. Your going to have some serious output there :)

Trups
Hi can you price for 4 warning light leds plz . Going to ghost the others

What's that button behind the cigarette lighter / 12 volt output for?
476115.jpg

This week I have had front discs and pads changed and fitted a new DV.
Fitment of the new DV has now given the car a new lease of life, but also caused Clutch slip. Great :(

A question i have been asking myself do i buy them or leave whats there already , now @mechanic69 has sorted that for me as no faults the originals stay

Reactions: mechanic69 and leonwilliams
Changed rear wiper arm after a bit of a tussle as it had ceased on the spindle.
Ebay puller to the rescue job done
Fitted new crisp number plates with no dealer advertising

Looks nice mate. Hows the camera quality at night and how did you route the wire from boot lid to the car.

cheers

quality at night i havent tried just yet, only fitted today but going out later tonight in it so ill take a photo. photo above was taken in dim light.

route i took was power was taken from the rear wiper, chopped the end off the video cable, down by the boot grommet, into the car, along the roof lining, down the a pillar trim, behind the glovebox, soldered the video rca connector back on, and into the headunit.

View attachment 131970
Decided to do the cam belt and water pump on my facelift 2008 s line tdi yesterday, I found it a bit less fiddly on the common rail engine than my older 2005 A3 View attachment 131974
View attachment 131975

When I lowered the under tray I found this spring View attachment 131976
But couldn't find where it had come from , it was located at the back of the tray gearbox side . Any ideas ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
View attachment 131970
Decided to do the cam belt and water pump on my facelift 2008 s line tdi yesterday, I found it a bit less fiddly on the common rail engine than my older 2005 A3 View attachment 131974
View attachment 131975

But couldn't find where it had come from , it was located at the back of the tray gearbox side . Any ideas ?

View attachment 131970
View attachment 131975

how do you make a post ?

Ghost lights and touch of blue .
755a196861785c40126be5b053f336bc.jpg
64c650856b04b57a33fb8418b56434c9.jpg
e0c8253738977957a8f2b1d4c095f9fd.jpg
4061f0977ab916d777d30a9945eb9812.jpg
ecc3c3cf36d319f71d348bcead00ba62.jpg

A touch of blue?:tearsofjoy:
The puddle logo lights look really bright. Ive always thought the logo lights arnt as bright as standard leds. The led footwell and puddle lights is deffo a must for my car over the summer. Also liking the custom kick plates.

A touch of blue?:tearsofjoy:
The puddle logo lights look really bright. Ive always thought the logo lights arnt as bright as standard leds. The led footwell and puddle lights is deffo a must for my car over the summer. Also liking the custom kick plates.
Thanks mate puddle lights came from aliexpress bargain. Ghost lights same place cheap as chips for all 4 doors. All that's left to do is led rear lights. Indicators.and front fogs.

Thanks mate puddle lights came from aliexpress bargain. Ghost lights same place cheap as chips for all 4 doors. All that's left to do is led rear lights. Indicators.and front fogs.

Ive had my eye on a set of footwell lights for 15 quid off ali. Was your puddle lights daisy chained togeather wired near obd port or were the front and rear separated and wired into the seat wiring?

Ive had my eye on a set of footwell lights for 15 quid off ali. Was your puddle lights daisy chained togeather wired near obd port or were the front and rear separated and wired into the seat wiring?
My front footwells I got off robin off here. Then I made my rears myself.

The puddles were wired like oem just the earth connector missing.for the front puddles I had a repair wire so I just used The connectors off that to earth the fronts.

The rear I just earthed to the door frame when I Get chance will get another repair wire and do the backs so it's all in the plug.

My front footwells I got off robin off here. Then I made my rears myself.

The puddles were wired like oem just the earth connector missing.for the front puddles I had a repair wire so I just used The connectors off that to earth the fronts.

The rear I just earthed to the door frame when I Get chance will get another repair wire and do the backs so it's all in the plug.

Ahh alright, over summer theres a few things i want to get done. Speakers, footwell lights, puddle lights and window tints.
Ive tinted my rear and rear quarters but found it impossible to tint the rear electric windows.
So im thinking of taking off the glass to tint and at the same time install the puddle lights and upgrade speakers.

Ahh alright, over summer theres a few things i want to get done. Speakers, footwell lights, puddle lights and window tints.
Ive tinted my rear and rear quarters but found it impossible to tint the rear electric windows.
So im thinking of taking off the glass to tint and at the same time install the puddle lights and upgrade speakers.
I paid to have my Windows done cost £150 Happy with my sound at moment.youv got nice summer projects lined up. If you want to save money go to scarppers get connectors for footwells lights make own looms peice of cake mate.

I paid to have my Windows done cost £150 Happy with my sound at moment.youv got nice summer projects lined up. If you want to save money go to scarppers get connectors for footwells lights make own looms peice of cake mate.

I found the wiring for 4 footwell lights for a fiva on ali without the lights. But i think ill just order the full set for 15

It had its 21st service at 207k, this one was a major service. All genuine parts used, no eurocarparts garbage here :)

4 new PS4’s fitted also :)

AF301FEC 01A7 4BEC 9558 D4B003C84E19

On friday i fitted 4 new Uniroyal Rainsport 3 tyres.
This morning i bought a new clutch, but will be fitting it next month to keep costs down this month.

Last week fitted my xtrons stereo was an absolute breeze to fit and looks pretty damn smart for just under 300 notes!

Reactions: Daveyonthemove