What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

how u gonna charge phone now ?
0c942b5796a793bd0ef217e59cfd6b61.jpg

Fitted a non smokers pack cigarette lighter replacement. Looks so much better now!

Did that used to be the one that pushes in then flips up? I've got the same in 2006 model... I really want to find some way of fitting a flush-fit USB port in where the lighter would normally go.

Does that one flip up too?

Did that used to be the one that pushes in then flips up? I've got the same in 2006 model... I really want to find some way of fitting a flush-fit USB port in where the lighter would normally go.

Does that one flip up too?

It’s a flip up. You can get almost flush fitting USB ports on eBay. Ironically, having the plain cigarette lighter would be the better option as it won’t have a flip!

It’s a flip up. You can get almost flush fitting USB ports on eBay. Ironically, having the plain cigarette lighter would be the better option as it won’t have a flip!

Do you have any links? Tried searching but no dice :(

That's pretty much what I'm looking for, thanks! I think I'd have to find some way of modifying it so that you can run a USB cable out of the end and to my head unit so I can plug a big (mini) USB of music into it. You know like those tiny USBs that almost fit flush with what they're plugged into.

I see where your getting at. The plan I have is to actually run the USB cable all the way to the cup holders under the armrest so that I can have the phone lie flat on the retractable thingy that sits on top and the usb cable can peek out to hook up to the phone. Will require cutting a hole in the centre console but should be easy.
I simply hate visible wire.

I see where your getting at. The plan I have is to actually run the USB cable all the way to the cup holders under the armrest so that I can have the phone lie flat on the retractable thingy that sits on top and the usb cable can peek out to hook up to the phone. Will require cutting a hole in the centre console but should be easy.
I simply hate visible wire.
That's a good idea! It's where I always put my phone too. I want one of those spec dock things but can't really justify spending that much on what it is really, although it looks hard to make yourself. Looks dope but looks like the phone would fall out of the dock in corners.

Reactions: leonwilliams
I've personally always thought the badge should stay chrome, completely blacked out looks a bit too gangster. Plus, you've paid for an Audi-show it off!

Yes I agree that’s why it only stayed on for a couple of days and chrome ones went back on months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never been quite so excited about a net! Haha. In all seriousness, now I have something I can put microfiber towels in, spray wax, window cleaner etc. A
IMG 0273
IMG 0274 1
Although I'm not entirely sure I've fitted it right here, looks a bit too stretched... Come to think of it, reminds me a bit of an ex in a slightly too small bikini :wtf: It definitely came out of an A3 though.

Yes I agree that’s why it only stayed on for a couple of days and chrome ones went back on months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh haha, I guess I replied to a pretty old post there

Never been quite so excited about a net! Haha. In all seriousness, now I have something I can put microfiber towels in, spray wax, window cleaner etc. AView attachment 152114 View attachment 152115 Although I'm not entirely sure I've fitted it right here, looks a bit too stretched... It definitely came out of an A3 though.
I got one of these Brand new never used sits in garage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I might just fit it across the floor instead. Have wanted one for ages so will definitely use it. How come you haven't used yours?

wondering if the 8V cargo net will fit as it looks the same and is way cheaper. The 8p version is ridiculously expensive and the 8V are only 50 quid

I might just fit it across the floor instead. Have wanted one for ages so will definitely use it. How come you haven't used yours?
wondering if the 8V cargo net will fit as it looks the same and is way cheaper. The 8p version is ridiculously expensive and the 8V are only 50 quid

No idea what mine is, I'm assuming 8P as it has the twist lock fitting that fit with the metal square loops I have in the bottom of the boot. But I'm 99% sure you can't buy the 8P ones new anymore; most Audi UK dealers don't stock them anymore, but I've seen some US Audi parts sites selling them for hundreds of dollars. The one I got was £40 off ebay anyway.

Changed diesel filter (old one was dirty AF). MPG increased from 55 to 64 on long runs > 120 miles. Does this make sense?

Nice little treat. One of the guys on here posted a pic I was like I'm having one.
9a23763a0ccf936c7cf49107f6c1883e.jpg

Reactions: maxpayne and S.
Nice little treat. One of the guys on here posted a pic I was like I'm having one.
9a23763a0ccf936c7cf49107f6c1883e.jpg

Looks pretty sick! Random question... Can you still flip it back to the 'out of sight' blank panel position with the adapter plugged in (obviously USB cable unplugged)?

Found a great first use for my cargo net today... Had to go into work to get a student's work off my computer (one file! ***). While I was in I decided to borrow a nice microphone from our recording studio as I have a session with a vocalist on Thursday in another studio... Well the microphone in question costs £3000, so even with its box I needed a safe place to put it where it wouldn't roll around... Step up cargo net :D

IMG 0308

Reactions: S. and leonwilliams
Not sure but ****** hell. How olds your car and what's the mileage

Lol, I hope the figures are correct (5,1 l/100 km and 4,4 l/100 km, respectively).

Car has done 87k miles, 2009 model. Could not find any record of it being changed the last 5-6 years. Still OEM VAG filter.