What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Designed for the rs3 and subsequent models that run 19’s. The infamous arch screw is removed. The fender flare is attached to the bumper by glue and then secured to the body with a new part. The arch screw is moved backward so no rub and the new attachment prevents bumper kick out. Bumper kick out occurred when removing the original arch screw. The parts are cheap and one of my favorite mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: samuelh_888
4fd1c746cb596d847fcd998b34ed96c2.jpg
744bb9a900060b6dc2e663df1d4717c2.jpg

Put in the fender flare and no more rub and no bumper kickout

Damn that’s gorgeous! Where did you get the reps from?

Last edited:
not reps mate. they are genuine 19x8 et 50 ronal and unobtainium over here. I had my buddy N8(Kowalski Details) purchase them for me then had them shipped over the pond after he performed his magic on them. Thanks for the compliment and will add that the car looks this way because of the great people on this forum who offer great advice on how to spend my money LOL

Reactions: S., maxpayne and samuelh_888
Finally got around to fixing my dickie Bi xenon , was having a problem with the drivers side headlight - it would not stay on full beam for any length the flap would just come back down after a few seconds and you would get a bulb out warning - a scan with VCDS would show an error with said flap motor.

Audi wanted 800 euro plus for a new headlight so have been scouring ebay etc got a tip off a month or so ago about a headlight for sale on the TFSI facelube page , it was going for a steal as the mounting brackets were all broken, thankfully Audi do a bracket repair kit.

The light and repair kit.

Fitting said light

IMG_6780.jpg

Had to slightly adjust the replacement headlight but thankfully it's working a charm.

Tomorrow i hope to fit my new headunit.

Reactions: spencer361 and ch1z64
same problem with my right headlight too. same intervention. I am glad you got it for cheap. me not so much. Cant stand always having to take off bumpers to do work

Last edited:
Reactions: Shane-Ireland
So an encounter with having to park up a curb got me this ouch on the rear tyre.
Not so much bothered about the rims as they are all long overdue for a refurb.
Tyres 20180113 004

I also had a slow leak on the front right tyre so decided a set of new tyres would be good.
The existing Kumho HS51's where on the car when I purchased it and still had plenty of tread left (6mm all around). In the end decided I want new tyres so went with the Michelin Cross Climate plus all around. Purchased the tyres from Blackcircles (Had a £40 discount when buying 4) and had them fitted at my local garage

Tyres 20180113 012

Was between these and Pilot Sport 4's but the weather nowadays pushed me over to the Cross climates.
I'll save buying performance tyres if I get around to getting another set of 18in rims.

Have kept the two good Kumho's. Was surprised that the garage asked me if I wanted to keep the old good tyres without me prompting them which is very honest of them. They also went around to each rim with me to confirm existing condition of the rims before they worked on them, finally using a torque wrench to torque the nuts up to spec. Top marks in my books for them.

Last edited:
So an encounter with having to park up a curb got me this ouch on the rear tyre.
Not so much bothered about the rims as they are all long overdue for a refurb.
View attachment 145882

Decided I want new tyres so went with Michelin Cross Climate plus all around.
View attachment 145883

Was between these and Pilot Sport 4's but the weather nowadays pushed me over to the Cross climates.
I'll save buying performance tyres if I get around to getting another set of 18in rims.
Lets us know how the tyres perform as i will be looking for a set off 4 aoon

Reactions: splbound
Lets us know how the tyres perform as i will be looking for a set off 4 aoon

Will do, but can only compare against the Kumho HS51's I had on them before. Don't really know what to expect, but will go easy on them for the first 100 miles.

Bought a sh*t load off things ie brake disc's ( brembo'3 ) some Sach front n rear shocks and not forgetting Textar brake pads , now only need to wait until end off Feb to get them all fitted just in time for her day at the out patient Clinic and i hope she gets the all clear.

Attachments

• 20180113_120742-1024x1820.jpg
    20180113_120742-1024x1820.jpg
    295.2 KB · Views: 391
  • 20180113_120628-1024x1820.jpg
    20180113_120628-1024x1820.jpg
    356.6 KB · Views: 398
  • 20180113_120647-1024x1820.jpg
    20180113_120647-1024x1820.jpg
    221.2 KB · Views: 392
  • 20180113_120700-1024x1820.jpg
    20180113_120700-1024x1820.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 401
Just nipped out and purchased a set of new tyres. Best in the market. Will be going on after winter on to my summer rims. Can’t wait.
41266170 31FE 4944 8264 E93A5CBB6813

Reactions: HHS3 and S.
Fitted an 8v rear wiper, what a ballache, tried WD40, boiling water etc, no joy, in the end had to hacksaw the old one off as it had corroded onto the motor spindle.

hkNlTGs.jpg

Reactions: spencer361 and ch1z64
Fitted an 8v rear wiper, what a ballache, tried WD40, boiling water etc, no joy, in the end had to hacksaw the old one off as it had corroded onto the motor spindle.

hkNlTGs.jpg
Where did you get the wiper n price please cheers

Reactions: dave_beastttt
Have been contemplating the same but holding out for a genuine OEM arm. The 3rd party one looks good but you can tell it’s a 3rd party part without trying hard. Or maybe I’m too OCD inflicted

I considered getting an OEM one, but then I realised no one would ever compliment me on my rear wiper :respekt:

Have been contemplating the same but holding out for a genuine OEM arm. The 3rd party one looks good but you can tell it’s a 3rd party part without trying hard. Or maybe I’m too OCD inflicted

I got these from Audi, around 40 quid
Rear Wiper 8v conversion

Wiper Arm 8V39554071P9 24.81
Wiper Blade 8V3955425 6.51
Wiper arm cap/cover 4G9955205 5.09
Jet 8v3955985

Reactions: ch1z64
Couple off small add on's courtesy off @Sam1987 for my engine .

Attachments

• 20180118_143335-1024x1820.jpg
    20180118_143335-1024x1820.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 399
  • 20180118_143341-1024x1820.jpg
    20180118_143341-1024x1820.jpg
    367 KB · Views: 396
Reactions: maxpayne and Sam1987
Couple off small add on's courtesy off @Sam1987 for my engine .

I had that on my caps, if your careful you can dismantle the caps and get the symbols on top to be the right way round, it’s really simple with a really small screwdriver, they are held together with little plastic tabs that can be undone

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ch1z64
I had that on my caps, if your careful you can dismantle the caps and get the symbols on top to be the right way round, it’s really simple with a really small screwdriver, they are held together with little plastic tabs that can be undone

@samuelh_888 mentioned that too me too PITA the engine one not sitting horizontal

heres how they can be changed

IMG 2134
IMG 2136
IMG 2137
IMG 2138

Reactions: HHS3 and ch1z64
Finally found an airbag at a local salvage yard (shipping restrictions on airbags...) to match up with my flat bottom steering wheel. This is the thicker wheel from RS6/TTRS :yum:

Attachments

• TTRS-wheel.jpg
    TTRS-wheel.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 354
Reactions: maxpayne, HHS3 and S.
Drove from 2,737 miles from Leeds down to Bad Gastein, to Milan, to Les Deux Alpes, Poole and back to Leeds. Thank god for Continental winter tyres and quattro

Attachments

• Snow.jpg
    Snow.jpg
    188.8 KB · Views: 377
Reactions: Shane-Ireland and ch1z64
Swapped out the 034 top mounts for stock, best thing I’ve done in ages, no road noise now the 034s are so noisy. Love my S3 again

Reactions: HHS3 and S.
Swapped out the 034 top mounts for stock, best thing I’ve done in ages, no road noise now the 034s are so noisy. Love my S3 again

I guess to each their own but I have the same and no noises whatsoever. I guess it depends on the install. One of the observations I have made when going to car meets is the hand tightening of the strut bolt. Most people use an impact and assume its set right. I had nosies at first and thought the same as you regarding the strut mounts but in the end it was the bolt. I replaced the nylock bolt and torque it to spec and no noise after. That bolt in my opinion should be changed with any new strut mount install. I also noticed that most people order the mount but not the bearing which also in another problem. just my 0.02

Fitted facelift light switch. Made a huge difference. A steal from eBay for £15.

fa28eb8994805f30c9c20732d3ed12a1.jpg

Fitted phone holder from OEM Mounts. Blends into the A3 perfectly. Again worth the £23.

Link please. I'm interested in that one :)

Link please. I'm interested in that one :)

Hi,
I bought them second hand off eBay. You need to keep an eye out for them. There are lots of varieties of switches too, make sure you get one that’s appropriate for your car.

:wub:

Attachments

• pre-post-FBSW.jpg
    pre-post-FBSW.jpg
    449.1 KB · Views: 357
Reactions: spencer361 and Shane-Ireland
I guess to each their own but I have the same and no noises whatsoever. I guess it depends on the install. One of the observations I have made when going to car meets is the hand tightening of the strut bolt. Most people use an impact and assume its set right. I had nosies at first and thought the same as you regarding the strut mounts but in the end it was the bolt. I replaced the nylock bolt and torque it to spec and no noise after. That bolt in my opinion should be changed with any new strut mount install. I also noticed that most people order the mount but not the bearing which also in another problem. just my 0.02

I have noticed on dog bone engine mount, correct torque lowered noise.

Effin wiper motor had sprung a leak, washer fluid all over the bottom of the tailgate which killed my tailgate lock sensor.

Found this out at 12:00am after my alarm went off a few times thinking someones screwing around with my car. Checked all the doors were closed properly leaving the tailgate to check which was then when I noticed the fluid. I had been using the rear wiper all day that day as well.

Tried just locking the car without arming the alarm but nope the alarm will self arm after a certain amount of time, sorry neighbours.
Not wanting to leave it unlocked on the street or sleep in it, a google search turned up that disconnecting the boot lock will solve my issue.

So here I was around 1am cursing and yanking and on the tailgate trim piece to disconnect the cable from the tailgate lock with only a handheld torch for light. Luckily I had done it before so didn't take as long as when this time and left the trim off until I can fix the lot.

Not looking forward to crawling through the trunk to get the tailgate open later, but good lord I could finally go to sleep.

Well at least I know the cause of my old tailgate lock failing last time.

New wiper motor, wiper arm, wiper nozzle, tailgate lock, tailgate lock lever and wiper puller ordered.
Also WTF Audi!! That tailgate lock lever should come with the tailgate lock. I had snapped my current one fitting a tailgate lock earlier and is being held together by a cable tie.

Will fit it all next weekend once everything gets delivered.

Over the past few months I've done the following:

New clutch and dmf
New battery
New glow plugs

Next on the list is a full service.

Still going strong for a 12 year old car with 77000 miles on the clock.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I removed a fly from one of my rear lights if that counts.

Reactions: Rob C, maxpayne, mechanic69 and 1 other person
Medium size was a bit of a nightmare to get out got an even smaller one in there but didn't have a small enough/ long enough bit of wire to get it out.

Well...wifey tired of parts lying around so time to join the party

1acd03cc49285aed93e8a9484532e51f.jpg

Reactions: jamiepaton5
Full service done at Awesome. Top job as usual
Complemented with a thorough power wash, 2 bucket method, polish and waxed.
Back in love

Rear wiper motor, and boot lock changed. Still had a leak coming from the connection between the water pipe and the wiper motor. Did a repair similar to the one outlined here:
http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/23041-rear-window-washer-jet-leaking-somewhere/

Specifically:
Washer complete

Not my repair but similar. It was raining and forgot to take a photo of mine. I also used some heat shrink on the pipe end before cable tying it down.

Very effective as my previous effort using silicone sealant on the joint didn't work.

All good and working now.

Opened up my old wiper motor to be greeted by this!

LRM EXPORT 20180203 182003

Internal pipe rusted and leaked into the gear area. Common problem bad design.

Rear wiper motor, and boot lock changed. Still had a leak coming from the connection between the water pipe and the wiper motor. Did a repair similar to the one outlined here:
http://uk-mkivs.net/topic/23041-rear-window-washer-jet-leaking-somewhere/

Specifically:
View attachment 147716

Not my repair but similar. It was raining and forgot to take a photo of mine. I also used some heat shrink on the pipe end before cable tying it down.

Very effective as my previous effort using silicone sealant on the joint didn't work.

All good and working now.

Opened up my old wiper motor to be greeted by this!

View attachment 147715

Internal pipe rusted and leaked into the gear area. Common problem bad design.

Looks familiar did this on my last A3