What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

I really like this gauge, which provides less vent obstruction :
LAP3A8PX-1__49090.1571147554.jpg

I really like this gauge, which provides less vent obstruction :
LAP3A8PX-1__49090.1571147554.jpg

Mine is completely obstructed anyway, with a lump of sponge directly behind the gauge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

£350+ for a gauge on a 10 year old car seems nuts to me, surely sell them half price and they’ll empty their stock!

This type of gauge does seem expensive these days when there are numerous phone apps that give you the same info. You would’ve thought that would bring the price down like it has with sat-navs??

This type of gauge does seem expensive these days when there are numerous phone apps that give you the same info. You would’ve thought that would bring the price down rather like it has with sat-navs??

Exactly! I wondered what I could do 0-60 earlier and downloaded a free app?!?!? I’d bet there’s more money in the phone mount/holder business than there is in satnavs

I don’t understand why aftermarket parts are the same price as when they were new... surely there’s stockpiles of kit that may never be sold? Thousands of coilover kits, anti roll bars, exhausts, wheels, splitters, gauges etc for cars that are dropping in numbers day by day, you’d think they’re rather sell off their stock cheaper and make small profit instead of holding stock and making 0 profit?

Reactions: AbsoluteA3 and J0N
Exactly! I wondered what I could do 0-60 earlier and downloaded a free app?!?!? I’d bet there’s more money in the phone mount/holder business than there is in satnavs

I don’t understand why aftermarket parts are the same price as when they were new... surely there’s stockpiles of kit that may never be sold? Thousands of coilover kits, anti roll bars, exhausts, wheels, splitters, gauges etc for cars that are dropping in numbers day by day, you’d think they’re rather sell off their stock cheaper and make small profit instead of holding stock and making 0 profit?

hahahahaha. ask the recaro bucket holders!!!!

Reactions: Bryant1998
£350+ for a gauge on a 10 year old car seems nuts to me, surely sell them half price and they’ll empty their stock!
Ouch, that is a good bit higher than in US market. There's different configurations at different prices. I'm not boosting / tuning my car at this point (13 years owned) as it's just not worth it, but I'd really like this kind of display for separate info feed from the stock computer (e.g. info set (2) on vent, while info set (1) is on instrument cluster).

hahahahaha. ask the recaro bucket holders!!!!

It’s turning into a game of pass the parcel where when the music turns off they’ll be sat with their 2k+ 10 year old seats, not budging on price and with nobody to sell to!

What happened to ‘it’s only worth what someone’s willing to pay’

I want a p3 too but with a boost line fed guage so 100% accurate boost put if i do put a andriod head unit in i can get boost guages on my dash like a r35 gtr and yea i wish there was a 50% offer on p3s

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Is there any apps that work with Apple CarPlay??

Is there any apps that work with Apple CarPlay??

Dno havent used apple in a looooomg time must be something in the app store for sure

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: J0N
new wheels all fitted up today :D I couldn't warrant spending £800+ on 19" Genuine RS3 alloys as this is only my work runner and I work in a local village so the roads in and out are pot hole central

Got the car cleaned then typiclly it rained .. best I could get for now overdue a good detail and mini shoot.

18 x 8 - et45 running Dunlop 225/40/18

thinking about putting 15mm spacers on the rear but dont want too much poke ..... really tempted by a little drop ... can anyone advise what springs are best for a black editon tdi ?

Reactions: AbsoluteA3, EvilSmurph and J0N
new wheels all fitted up today :D I couldn't warrant spending £800+ on 19" Genuine RS3 alloys as this is only my work runner and I work in a local village so the roads in and out are pot hole central

Got the car cleaned then typiclly it rained .. best I could get for now overdue a good detail and mini shoot.

thinking about putting 15mm spacers on the rear but dont want too much poke ..... really tempted by a little drop ... can anyone advise what springs are best for a black editon tdi ?

View attachment 197775 View attachment 197776
Nice, so these are replicas? Which one, Andros, alzor? I'm thinking about getting rotors replica too.

Nice, so these are replicas? Which one, Andros, alzor? I'm thinking about getting rotors replica too.
Yeah these are reps from eBay ... not sure on brand tbh mate I didn’t even look at the box when I had them fitted lol

View attachment 197775 View attachment 197776

If these are ET45 then keep as is. Any wider and you’ll get guard rub. A 15mm spacer will give you an effective ET of 30 - it will look like a roller skate.

It’s turning into a game of pass the parcel where when the music turns off they’ll be sat with their 2k+ 10 year old seats, not budging on price and with nobody to sell to!

What happened to ‘it’s only worth what someone’s willing to pay’
yeap. those sellers just look at each others prices. Once they realize that time is not on their side a few will cave and then the dominoes will fall. TBH, they are nice seats but a pain in the *** to get out of if you don't want to botch those bolsters.

If these are ET45 then keep as is. Any wider and you’ll get guard rub. A 15mm spacer will give you an effective ET of 30 - it will look like a roller skate.

yeah that what i was thinking, I did think that the back could do with a little more poke as historically they fit alot further in than the fronts, but I guess with a 15mm/20mm drop that would eradicate that a little has

"has anyone else got the same set up and lowered"?

yeap. those sellers just look at each others prices. Once they realize that time is not on their side a few will cave and then the dominoes will fall. TBH, they are nice seats but a pain in the *** to get out of if you don't want to botch those bolsters.

If you’re really active on eBay you can pick them up for about £800-£1100 every now and again, in good condition, just needing a clean and some hydration. I can’t wait for them to drop in price, wanted them since in got my car lol

Finished off fitting my Boost gauge today between the rain and the hail. A massive PIA that was until I finally found a good spot to go through the bulkhead, once that was sorted it was plain sailing...
a44c4fd86ebc14fbd8c30ebb6fbb4b02.jpg

Finished off fitting my Boost gauge today between the rain and the hail. A massive PIA that was until I finally found a good spot to go through the bulkhead, once that was sorted it was plain sailing...
a44c4fd86ebc14fbd8c30ebb6fbb4b02.jpg

Where did you go through?

Reactions: J0N and MWright
Where did you go through?

I removed the glove box and the battery then followed the wiring loom through. I poked a screwdriver through from the engine bay, pushed the pipe onto it and pulled it back through. I tried to save time by doing this with the battery in place and without disconnecting the air bag switch from the glove box to save time clearing faults etc but couldn’t do it. Battery off, glove box completely out and the carpet in the footwell moved down and it all became easy. Tried to go through the opposite grommet from the bonnet release, no way.

Reactions: JayA3sline
Reactions: henkkeumus
Arm rest genuine finally done :)

Attachments

• 11.JPG
    11.JPG
    456.1 KB · Views: 235
  • 12.JPG
    12.JPG
    443.7 KB · Views: 240
  • 13.JPG
    13.JPG
    402.8 KB · Views: 242
Reactions: AbsoluteA3, Daniel James and J0N
just a quick little update, the previous interior trims were piano black but quite heavily marked so I did a little re-fresh (did the rears also but forgot to photo :S

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    916.8 KB · Views: 234
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    513.8 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: J0N and EvilSmurph
cb5b6154702d045bbec2dd4726588097.plist

Talking of carbon I had my Rs trims returned today skinned from Mrcarbon at C6 with forged carbon.

Reactions: AbsoluteA3 and e9_mustii
cb5b6154702d045bbec2dd4726588097.plist

Talking of carbon I had my Rs trims returned today skinned from Mrcarbon at C6 with forged carbon.

ahhhhh VERY nice, I was debating forged carbon but I don't think I could get away with that on my diesel 5dr :sorrow: where as the RS :rockwoot:

Reactions: JayA3sline
Bought myself a new midconsole, not a EU one but a US-style one :).

What's the difference I hear you thinking..
Well, the cup holder is on a much more logical place than the EU one, like in the middle next to the handbrake.
And the connector for AUX, sigarettes and a additional 12V are in the EU cupholder place under the armrest, out of sight so cables won't be laying all over the seats..

New they cost around 120-180 euro's, I got myself this one for 70. Thats around ~60 pounds.

181575.jpg

181575_1.jpg

Reactions: AbsoluteA3, Bryant1998 and e9_mustii
Bought myself a new midconsole, not a EU one but a US-style one :).

What's the difference I hear you thinking..
Well, the cup holder is on a much more logical place than the EU one, like in the middle next to the handbrake.
And the connector for AUX, sigarettes and a additional 12V are in the EU cupholder place under the armrest, out of sight so cables won't be laying all over the seats..

New they cost around 120-180 euro's, I got myself this one for 70. Thats around ~60 pounds.

181575.jpg

181575_1.jpg

What’s the part number for this?

Think I'll just go to the car graveyard and cut a cable out that is for a sigarette lighter, the 12V and siga lighter use the same connector. So if I just splice that into the existing loom under the mid console it should also work if I don't put it on a full load 24/7 :D.

Reactions: EvilSmurph
you sound so happy after your purchase of a US style centre console. If you have LHD, let's see how happy you are after fitting it. Measure twice and cut once. It's not PnP. Make sure you have some suds during install