1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

lea323ci Jul 27, 2017

1. George Kost

George Kost Registered User

Hey, check the link in the last post here.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

Stg2+ it is then...

J0N likes this.
  4. DanielGibbons

DanielGibbons Registered User

Thanks George, I’ve ordered one now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. J0N

J0N Registered User

How much of a difference is it? To be honest, the only reason I’m fitting the downpipe is because my stock is blowing slightly from the flexi.

6. J0N

J0N Registered User

Parcel Force have been....

[​IMG][​IMG]

Complete with brackets and uprated dog bone bush which apparently Milltek package with their downpipes.

Grey_Man likes this.
  7. AbsoluteA3

AbsoluteA3 Registered User

I installed the same one. At first I thought it would bother me, disturbing the aesthetics of the dash & vents. I had been using a mount on the coin tray, which worked OK, but would end up a problem when switching from single to double-DIN. But I have gotten used to it. The convenience is well worth it!
    BEFORE:
    [​IMG]

AFTER:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

George Kost likes this.
  8. AbsoluteA3

I installed T10 LED bulbs for side turn signal indicators. They were supposed to be CANBUS error free, but on my A3 8P I got a bulb-out warning. Also, they weren't a good fit--slightly too large. But the tint was just right, matching my other amber turn signals. I trimmed the plastic a little to get the bulbs to fit. And instead of installing resistors, I simply went into VCDS and disabled the bulb-out warning for the side turn signals.

VCDS - Bulb Warning Detection ON/OFF
    Select 09-Cent.Elect.
    Select Advanced --> Coding-07
    Open Long Coding Helper
    Click on Byte 18
    Bit 0 = License Plate Lights
    Bit 1 = Brake Lights
    Bit 2 = Fog Lights (front)
    Bit 3 = Fog Lights (rear)
    Bit 4 = High Beam
    Bit 5 = Turn Signals
    Bit 6 = Reverse (backup) Light
    Bit 7 = Side Turn Signals

J0N likes this.
  9. AbsoluteA3

Well, I was wrong. The VCDS coding change was for "Cold Diagnosis." This is only when the car electrics are initially activated. But then when you go to use the turn signal while the car is running, the bulb out warning is triggered. I spent about an hour searching around... and it seems there's no control panel option to turn that off. I don't understand why not... but that's chaos for you, attempting to foil the plans of mice & men.

10. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Registered User

Indicators typically don’t like LED bulbs. Very hard to find one that works.

11. paddy

paddy Registered User

LED's are a pain in the neck. I just fitted some in the Sitting room, now when i turn the kitchen light out the leds go out in the sitting room for about 2 seconds. I fitted illuminated BOSE signs on my speakers ages ago and now the wing mirrors only adjust up and down not Left and right, when the lights are on :)
    As an old bloke all these modern things are supposed to be an improvement but really its just a way to get you to spend money, dont get me started on ****** DAB ? How **** is that ?

I have a fibre optic phone line that is so bad its almost unusable, a digital tv that freezes at the slightest sign of a weak signal and a perfectly good playstaion 3 you cant buy new games for ?
    Welcome to the 21st century :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    J0N and Bryant1998 like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. J0N

J0N Registered User

LEDs in the house are good because they save you money, LED interior lights in the car are good because you can actually see stuff when it’s dark. That’s as far as I want to take it.....I am also old haha.

14. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Registered User

Dynamic indicators fitted in the wing mirrors, they look great, got bumper off and stripped ready for the new one to be painted and built back up

15. DanielGibbons

Any pics or links?

16. Bryant1998

Not taken any pics cause it just looks like a half working indicator lol, not sure how to post videos either

£28.14 63% Off | KIBOWEAR Dynamic Blinker Mirror Light for Audi A3 8P A4 A5 B8 Q3 A6 C6 4F S6 LED Turn Signal Side Indicator S4 S5 S6 A8 D3 8K S8
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/tEGcuuik

That’s where I got them, good fit, work in time with the on&off glow from the headlight indicator aswell, very happy!

17. AbsoluteA3

I got a pair for the rear turn signals that work great with no bulb-out warnings. I don't know if it's something to do with overall drain on the circuit, though. The rears may draw just enough to keep the load above the threshold, but the side indicators put it below.

Andreashadji likes this.
  18. e9_mustii

e9_mustii Registered User

Can you send me a link to those dynamic indicatir strugling to find a realiable set

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

19. Bryant1998

There you go mate, from aliexpress, took about 2 weeks to come but could’ve been worse!

£28.14 63% Off | KIBOWEAR Dynamic Blinker Mirror Light for Audi A3 8P A4 A5 B8 Q3 A6 C6 4F S6 LED Turn Signal Side Indicator S4 S5 S6 A8 D3 8K S8
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/KYg0nMWM

e9_mustii likes this.
  20. Andreashadji

Andreashadji Registered User

Any links?

21. e9_mustii

e9_mustii Registered User

Hows the installation?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

22. Bryant1998

Very easy, just need plastic removal tools to get the glass and bottom mirror housing off, few little torque screws out and just plug and go. Less than 20 minutes start to finish

23. samisnake

samisnake Registered User

Can you still see the indicator working on the inside of the housing? So when you're driving with the indicator on you can see it flashing. Read reviews saying it doesn't but they weren't really descriptive

24. Bryant1998

Haven’t actually driven the car yet as waiting for new bumper to be sprayed... I’ll have a look for you tomorrow and let you know (pouring it down outside right now)

samisnake likes this.
  25. samisnake

Cheers. Been waiting for the price to drop on these since I saw them around the 40 quid mark.
    At 28 it's a great deal might wait a bit longer though. Such a pointless mod but one I'm drawn to and will most likely end up doing all the same

26. AbsoluteA3

They have one for the older A4 B8.5 mirror looks like it could be compatible with the 8P mirror design from 2006~2008 years (not 2008~2013). https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32908613197.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.10.739b6629kiKU0s Since the A3 8P from 2006~2008 years wasn't wired for turn signals in mirrors, this would have to be wired in series to a lead from a signal wire threaded from the cabin. I wonder if it might be possible to run a lead from the fender signal wire.
    The bulbs are Auxito. They have a number of different designs. This particular one worked (153621017575), but I didn't have any other LED's in the circuit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2019
    Andreashadji likes this.
  27. George Kost

George Kost Registered User

Installed OEM parking sensors.
    The ones that sit flush with the bumper and are installed from inside.
    Not the exact same white color but the bumper needs a painting some time in the future so I will have the shop to paint the sensors as well.

Attached Files:

J0N likes this.
  28. DanielGibbons

They look good, thank you

Bryant1998 and e9_mustii like this.
  29. Bryant1998

So these don’t show you when the indicator is still on from the little square bit like they do with standard ones, but the indicator itself is brighter than normal and doesn’t seem to have much blocking the light coming from behind the mirror glass.

Main reason I changed them to dynamic ones is that my passenger side indicator had died, new genuine Audi ones are £30+ and these were £28 for the pair. Even at the same price I would keep the dynamic ones, they look great to me

paddy and samisnake like this.
  30. samisnake

thanks, yeah its that square bit on the edge of the inside i was on about

31. Bryant1998

Yeah that’s what I meant, it doesn’t light up but it does fill the hole so at least it doesn’t look tacky, nobody but you would know it doesn’t light up tbh. Doesn’t bother me at all

32. MWright

MWright Registered User

'tis the season.[​IMG]

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Bryant1998

It’s f**king November

35. MWright

MWright Registered User

Nobody wants to feel a cold knob in the morning haha.

AbsoluteA3 and Bryant1998 like this.
  36. lafa3ro

lafa3ro Registered User

First snowy drifty drive today. Yeah, it's f***ing November...

Bryant1998 likes this.
  37. merdzo

merdzo Registered User

Adapt new aliexpress key cuz original keys not working with central locking... As first
    And as second enabled coming home / leaving home....

Nice option must say

38. paddy

paddy Registered User

Dont bother with the ali express illuminated puddle lights with a logo. Mine are 6 months old and the logo has faded away, just a white light now :)

AbsoluteA3 likes this.
  39. J0N

J0N Registered User

Decided against uprated HPFP internals and RS4 return valve, booked in for a Stage 2 remap complete with a cheeky ‘Black Friday’ deal, roll on the 29th.

Bryant1998 likes this.
  40. prt57

prt57 Registered User

The + part of any map is the fuel pump upgrade and it adds lots of torque which you feel as acceleration. Go on change your mind!!

41. J0N

J0N Registered User

Everyone needs to stop now, my wallet is killing haha...

42. merdzo

merdzo Registered User

I was not sure what is wrong with the car... As firs I was thinking that the comfort module is not working properly or the keys are defective. So I decide to order cheap key just to test... I ask in store kow much for 2 original keys they told me 300 euros with coding... Its too much for my standard right now.. I must byu new wheels with tires now it gonna be around 400 eu.. Too much but I must do that cuz winter is coming hehehe.. Nex I want to inspect is it possible to change headlights with xenon lights at all.. Complete with headlights bulbs traffo wires etc...

43. paddy

paddy Registered User

Four new F1 Isometric 5's today £400 with valves and balancing :)
    first impression. smooth ,quiet and lighter on the steering,,
    Interesting to note the last set were F1 isometric 3's and all 4 were down to 3mm together which shows the 4WD is doing its job., 380 bhp and 20k miles so can't grumble :)