What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

841419f8ba3acde7b341e1d371c8de25.jpg
0dc589b5097008596cd1607dab90c91b.jpg
b79f953f0d0ab1d8db7752be4443f669.jpg
3243874fc14dcb547a7d4a584201e9cd.jpg

Painted my grille satin black from the grey today, much prefer the black look

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley, Daveyonthemove, Bryant1998 and 2 others
Finally got round to ordering a new drivers side mirror indicator as the current one was cracked :(

So picked it up from Audi at lunch and hopefully fit it over the next few days. Looks simple enough, just a bit daunting all the wrenching of the actual mirror to pop it off :neutral:

Finally got round to ordering a new drivers side mirror indicator as the current one was cracked :(

So picked it up from Audi at lunch and hopefully fit it over the next few days. Looks simple enough, just a bit daunting all the wrenching of the actual mirror to pop it off :neutral:
Just be careful when removing mirror glass so not to break it , it has 2 prongs which clip into the inside off mirror , plenty good advice on here and YouTube ,

Reactions: DrSasso
looks great Lea, what paint did you use? i really want to do mine, i was thinking of using plastdip , but any advise would be so helpful, cheers all,

dfe14f8ff9f606efce3f928bcc45585f.jpg
909110c1adc04b179c77e542d5aec1cc.jpg

Washed and cleaned inside for the weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley
DSC 9689
Changed the dipstick :) bit of a marathon job, engine out but got i done by lunch time.
Seriously though i caught it just in time as the picture shows its cracking up. Not convinced the yellow version i have fitted is made of a different material to the orange one but it will not be my problem in another 80k miles time..

Replaced the camshaft, tappets, big end shells and oil pump on the inside I finished off the factory digital tv install and park assist (with bay parking) but am going back to just parallel as you loose the parking display and the dash doesn’t change to bay.

Next week it’s rear shocks and starter motor bushes with cc cable as the ****** takes ages to start when it’s hot.

The work continues.....

Attachments

• A8049804-76E8-4C8E-978F-9C8BCC50AF17.jpeg
    A8049804-76E8-4C8E-978F-9C8BCC50AF17.jpeg
    609.4 KB · Views: 300
  • 4ECA4D75-1F4E-4EB9-B9F2-628B305F8C36.jpeg
    4ECA4D75-1F4E-4EB9-B9F2-628B305F8C36.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 303
View attachment 180361 Changed the dipstick :) bit of a marathon job, engine out but got i done by lunch time.
Seriously though i caught it just in time as the picture shows its cracking up. Not convinced the yellow version i have fitted is made of a different material to the orange one but it will not be my problem in another 80k miles time..
You need to change the dipstick tube to match now. Very cheap part at something like £7.00

Reactions: paddy
Went to Awesome GTI during the week and had an RTS SMF Clutch kit fitted along with a new turbo return pipe as it was leaking a little.

Just fitted a clutch hall sensor after figuring out it was in the engine bay not on the pedal.

Picture shows the sensor, has a little clip keeping it in place so don't just tug at it.

61596e8554b8b9879ab0280d4045d006.jpg

Hi all, i know this has been covered lots of time but thought i would share it anyway,

looks better than plain i think,

Reactions: kcpism
remove it yes but dont black it out , it just looks like someone has stolen your badge , just my opinion, nice grill though

Reactions: Andreashadji and e9_mustii
Went to Awesome GTI during the week and had an RTS SMF Clutch kit fitted along with a new turbo return pipe as it was leaking a little.

Just fitted a clutch hall sensor after figuring out it was in the engine bay not on the pedal.

Picture shows the sensor, has a little clip keeping it in place so don't just tug at it.

61596e8554b8b9879ab0280d4045d006.jpg

Please can you give a detailed reply giving your thoughts on the RTS clutch. How does it feel, what is the biting point like etc?
Have you got any judder in 1st or reverse?
I am between this and a Helix DMF organic but the Helix will have a heavy pedal in comparison to the RTS.
Recently a chap on a different forum had a big turbo installed running an RTS and it still works well.
All thoughts are really welcome.

Reactions: samuelh_888
well i have to say i have been a little busy with my S3 , bought a set off well ****** DTM Audi alloys in Silver and got them refurbed then i have to give my son credit where it is due he took off my bumper fixed the Honeycombed grill ( i hadn't put clips in right ) then he debadged it , had to get a new number plate for the side but up here in Aberdeen couldn't find anyone to do a printed one so ended up getting in contact way a guy from gumtree ( Capricorn Viynl Graphics ) on Facebook and what a job he has done ( recommend him highly for decal work too ) .
Quick question bud i know this is God old and probably covered elsewhere but behind ur honeycomb grill theres the polystyrene bar going across, it that a cover for the crash bar or can that be removed without altering the car structure

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Want to do this for my 3 door can you recommend a place to get a pair and will.it need coding ?

no (factory) 'led' rear lights on 3dr 8p.

Quick question bud i know this is God old and probably covered elsewhere but behind ur honeycomb grill theres the polystyrene bar going across, it that a cover for the crash bar or can that be removed without altering the car structure

It's just foam which is shape off panel behind to cushion impact , but as the genuine RS3 grille is different you can't have it on if you wish to put on S3 , if you get an aftermarket honeycomb you can leave it on

I don't know if mine is genuine or not as it was already on when i bought it i just want to get rid of it as i have a different idea that may be a bit unique and may look good, as i can remove but i don't want to go to the hassle of removing my bumper to find its a structural piece lol
4719b9a6e12b0c7c8ba6e521e71bfc1e.jpg

Reactions: mechanic69
49c6387e7a764085d0f0eded1db5a0fe.jpg

Got a chameleon tint done as they had a little discount on.

£150

Not to everyone’s tastes but I love it.

Reactions: Fatbloke
I don't know if mine is genuine or not as it was already on when i bought it i just want to get rid of it as i have a different idea that may be a bit unique and may look good, as i can remove but i don't want to go to the hassle of removing my bumper to find its a structural piece lolr

Looking like an aftermarket one you have on but still suits your motor ,

Reactions: e9_mustii
Looking like an aftermarket one you have on but still suits your motor ,
Cheers bud looks like a pretty damn good aftermarket close to oe spec as i can't find any dodgy bracket work or signs of things being altered or trimmed

£150

Police will.probs give you a ball ache for it saying there illegal etc... not my thing either but doesnt look bad too

Reactions: Spiezels
Cheers bud looks like a pretty damn good aftermarket close to oe spec as i can't find any dodgy bracket work or signs of things being altered or trimmed

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
Once you take off your bumper look and see if the Audi 4 rings and part number are there and if they are you have a genuine if not then a good replica

Nothing needs to be cut or altered for an aftermarket grille to be fitted. Just the crash bar to be painted black.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove

£150

Just a word of warning, I know of a lad who recently had an accident and when the insurance assessors came to check over his car, they invalidated his insurance on the spot for having the front side windows tinted. It's obvious and it's illegal. Your car and your risk, but its a huge bill if they decide not to pay out over a cosmetic modification and you would need to declare that you have had invalidated insurance on your next quote, making it harder or much more expensive to be full road legal.

I haven't done anything to the S3 this week, except fill the boot with this bad boy!
Mine is the Red and Black one, My mates is the Orange and White one. Both brand new and ready to drive for the first time in that photo.
Amazing fun and 50mph out of the box is staggering for something that size.
Rsz img 20190426 181410 1

Reactions: ninjakid
Just a word of warning, I know of a lad who recently had an accident and when the insurance assessors came to check over his car, they invalidated his insurance on the spot for having the front side windows tinted. It's obvious and it's illegal. Your car and your risk, but its a huge bill if they decide not to pay out over a cosmetic modification and you would need to declare that you have had invalidated insurance on your next quote, making it harder or much more expensive to be full road legal.
From experience from being pulled over by Traffic police cause my A3 Black SE was totally blacked out I was told if they had done me that day I would have had 6points + £100 fine plus and this is the clincher my insurance would never pay out as it it's illegal to have your fronts tinted over a certain % as a certain amount off light has got to get through mine was 12% and I was pulled as they couldn't tell if it was a 5yr old or a 50yr old driving

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
I haven't done anything to the S3 this week, except fill the boot with this bad boy!
Mine is the Red and Black one, My mates is the Orange and White one. Both brand new and ready to drive for the first time in that photo.
Amazing fun and 50mph out of the box is staggering for something that size.
View attachment 181175
Did you both happen to find an Radioactive cloud like the incredible shrinking man :icon thumright:

From experience from being pulled over by Traffic police cause my A3 Black SE was totally blacked out I was told if they had done me that day I would have had 6points + £100 fine plus and this is the clincher my insurance would never pay out as it it's illegal to have your fronts tinted over a certain % as a certain amount off light has got to get through mine was 12% and I was pulled as they couldn't tell if it was a 5yr old or a 50yr old driving
That plus sometime traffic police are just C**nts and find any small.thing just to make ur life difficult pulled my mate over for have short plates on even tho everything is clearly visible, made the arguement on how speed camera wont pick it up when he got a ticket for driving in the congestion charge zone and his plates where readable clear as day then they tried to give him bs for having his rear light tinted etc

That plus sometime traffic police are just C**nts and find any small.thing just to make ur life difficult pulled my mate over for have short plates on even tho everything is clearly visible, made the arguement on how speed camera wont pick it up when he got a ticket for driving in the congestion charge zone and his plates where readable clear as day then they tried to give him bs for having his rear light tinted etc

I drove mine for 3yrs with no problem and the Traffic cop said I might never get pulled again but did I want to take the chance plus the Insurance claim against me if I hit someone or if they hit me , just food for thought

I drove mine for 3yrs with no problem and the Traffic cop said I might never get pulled again but did I want to take the chance plus the Insurance claim against me if I hit someone or if they hit me , just food for thought
Na i agree with you been driving with my illegaly spaced 3d gel plates for 5 years never had an issue once only when i drove for 2 days without rear plates cause i was rear ended even then he said ur plates are illegal and you have no rear plates, all i said was someone just rear ended me so ive lost it but im getting replacement ones which will be legal and he said cool and sent me on my way lol but i bet you can guess how my plates are never got an official warning the first time so i guess it just down to luck

Second oil change in 11 months of ownership today.
New filter obviously too, only covered 6k miles since the last one. Quantum 5w-40 and a Bosch filter came to just over £30 so thought for peace of mind I would. Had a good poke around with a torch too and it’s so dry and clean everywhere underneath which is great to see. Car is now on 82,327 miles.

Since updating my dash a couple of years ago I noticed that there is a setting for DRL on/off in the menu. A while ago I fitted some DRL strips next to the fog lights and I wanted to get these working from the menu so did some experimental changes with VCDS. I have halogen headlights but have retrofitted some projectors. I changed the setting in VCDS to Xenon with halogen high beam, this sorted out my annoying bulb out whilst on side lights (it used to go out when I switched main beam on). Then I changed the settings to non LED DRLs. This made my side indicators (on the wing) act as DRLs! So I took the wires from the indicators and connected them to my DRLs and fed wires back from the front indicators to the side indicators to keep them working correctly. The DRLs work perfectly and even dim when indicating. I also activated Scandinavian mode so the rear lights are on as well. Also used a few diodes and a relay to activate them off of the interior light when unlocking. I'm pleased with the outcome and when I get around to finishing retrofitting my new headlights they will work just how I want them.