What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Need to have the correct ABS module it's in a few threads here

Reactions: samisnake
Ahh makes sense. Just scanned mine and its mk60 not ec1. i suppose its quite cool to have. How does it work? is it like an automatic parking brake? or is there a button you have to press.

its one of those things that isnt necessary to have, but once you had it before, you miss it if it isnt on your next car. bit like parking sensors or reverse camera etc.

when youre on a slope, the brakes hold the last position they were in. so if you press the brakes, you feel the pedal go firm as the brakes hold. you can then take your foot off the brake and press the accelerator which will then take the brakes off. the brakes also go off by themselves after a couple seconds.
i mean you can achieve the same result using the handbrake, but its nice to have.

Reactions: D7YAB
its one of those things that isnt necessary to have, but once you had it before, you miss it if it isnt on your next car. bit like parking sensors or reverse camera etc.

when youre on a slope, the brakes hold the last position they were in. so if you press the brakes, you feel the pedal go firm as the brakes hold. you can then take your foot off the brake and press the accelerator which will then take the brakes off. the brakes also go off by themselves after a couple seconds.
i mean you can achieve the same result using the handbrake, but its nice to have.

Ahh using the handbrake you mean the old fashioned way, do they still learn hill starts in the test?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A couple of jobs ticked off today...

Rebuilt my armrest lid using one of the cheap nasty PU fake leather ones off ebay... The old armrest locking switch clip was goosed so I just bought the cheapest one on ebay popped the fake leather pad off and then fitted the real leather pad off my OEM armrest. Was a bit harder than I anticipated as Audi don't just use the clips they also had a ton of glue holding the leather pad to the armrest lid so was a case of breaking it apart from the bottom bit by bit to try not to damage the leather top bit. I did break a couple of the clips doing this due to the stupid way it is glued together but not at all worried as I saved enough of the clips to get it to clip in place properly and then used my own glue to secure it. I used flexible glue this time in case the clip breaks again so at least I will be able to fix it more easily. Wasnt the easiest job to do but an hour of my time and only £12 spent vs £95 for the cheapest brand new replacement lid I'm happy with the achievement.

Also, got Sygic installed on the head unit and downloaded the UK maps so now I got GPS and speed camera alerts without having to tether to my phone.

Another day, another job done :)

Today I swapped out all my door speakers from the nasty paper cones to something a bit more substantial. Instant improvement in bass response

ulE6h.jpg

Reactions: samisnake, maxpayne and dp_motley
What else did it require? Did you have a usual A3 speakers with a sub before? How much of an improvement you got? Was it worth the money? May be I should do it too.

What else did it require? Did you have a usual A3 speakers with a sub before? How much of an improvement you got? Was it worth the money? May be I should do it too.

Yeah standard system, with the sub, actually didn't sound too bad with the stock head unit but when I switched to the Xtrons android unit it showed up the poor speakers that audi fit in there.

Definitely, worth the money, literally, all you need is the new speakers you can use the parts that are already there with a little modification.

I posted a how-to guide in the ICE section:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...t-a3-8p-and-other-models.377882/#post-3302926

Reactions: dp_motley
Thanks. That was my impression after fitting the Xtrons HU too, and despite everything seems to be fine, something is missing.

Nothing to exciting this week just a full service , next week will be a full mop of all the panels to get rid of them nasty swirl marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another day, another job done :)

Today I swapped out all my door speakers from the nasty paper cones to something a bit more substantial. Instant improvement in bass response

ulE6h.jpg

How much were the speakers? Size/model etc.
Also I never thought bass was the issue on the OE speakers but rather the clarity of sound was missing!

Reactions: maxpayne and dp_motley
Ive put leather on my knee pads. I’ve also tried to wrap the grey part on my rear and front diffuser. I’m not very patient, so this did not go well. More wrap ordered and will give another try next week, with the parts off.

Reactions: samisnake and Shane-Ireland
Ive put leather on my knee pads. I’ve also tried to wrap the grey part on my rear and front diffuser. I’m not very patient, so this did not go well. More wrap ordered and will give another try next week, with the parts off.

Any pics of the knee bars ? did you do them yourself ?

I've pastidipped my front and rear difuser along with grille surround and lower mesh grilles, i think it has a nice textured finish.

I've pastidipped my front and rear difuser along with grille surround and lower mesh grilles, i think it has a nice textured finish.

Have you got any pictures of the plastidip work you have done ?

Got my work A3 window tinted today
eb1b9b80b42f681c8356887a229db831.jpg
ac5fbf9a2750aae7802afc5c6b1a4116.jpg

Mine is currently back at the place who refurbed my alloys 2 weeks ago as they made a mess of them.
Would have liked to have got them redone sooner, but my workload and his didn't quite align, but I should have it back tomorrow as I gave him 2 and a half days to do it properly. I also got a 50% refund due to a culmination of errors on his part.
The refund should fund the honeycomb grill, so that will be happening sooner than originally planned. Every cloud....

153fe4abd6f9ddbec9fcf61e60beffe6.jpg
53f1e22a5f70e17510c187be4c0d49e8.jpg
5dc2927aafaa5bfe5f7dd3ba3df142c6.jpg
5688718bbeccac9eef49de604c5f0b49.jpg
07c4d5bc01a5e316d337496946ad8b8b.jpg
97deb94da36e8820f45355cf0947afa9.jpg
f63875e876e40ea671d830d055943273.jpg
ff564a784a89f944f922ca0fb4b10983.jpg

My mate sprayed the front splitter and rear diffuser to match body colour, didn’t like the grey colour and then mopped all the bodywork to remove as much of the light scratches and swirl marks
I’m pleased with results

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Next on the list is my wheels for a Refurb and a honeycomb grille to be fitted
The silver ones are my winter ones

Attachments

• IMG_4140.JPG
    IMG_4140.JPG
    565.9 KB · Views: 204
Today I fitted an LED bulb in one of my number plate lights. I only needed to do one as I have a reversing camera with built-in LED so wanted LED lighting on the other side so it wasn't half yellow half white.

This simple job was a total nightmare!

I spent a long time cursing the person who put those idiotic screws in and in the end broke the hosing to get it off and then removed the screw with a pair of pliers.

Once I had done that simple job of fitting the LED bulb in the one I removed from the other side... Wait no! not simple... Now spent a long time cursing the idiot who decided these parts needed to be handed. Then another while converting a left-hand housing into a right hand one. Both metal prongs need to come out and swap over also the little clip needs shortening as the hole is in the wrong place.

EliPZ.jpg

Then put back together and used a different screw!

Reactions: samisnake
Retrofitted OEM R8 high line reverse camera

243a7eb1ebbb8cc53795c515cd688e42.jpg
cc70bef1e101a3d6225e605cb6c68a21.jpg
98fe254c963c7bcba5f4e71a20de2fe0.jpg
55c15df26e913599f348ba27034ed13d.jpg
4f1b65a2e08cf1a184040107409b50ab.jpg

Reactions: D7YAB and NevMan
Today I fitted an LED bulb in one of my number plate lights. I only needed to do one as I have a reversing camera with built-in LED so wanted LED lighting on the other side so it wasn't half yellow half white.

This simple job was a total nightmare!

I spent a long time cursing the person who put those idiotic screws in and in the end broke the hosing to get it off and then removed the screw with a pair of pliers.

Once I had done that simple job of fitting the LED bulb in the one I removed from the other side... Wait no! not simple... Now spent a long time cursing the idiot who decided these parts needed to be handed. Then another while converting a left-hand housing into a right hand one. Both metal prongs need to come out and swap over also the little clip needs shortening as the hole is in the wrong place.

EliPZ.jpg

Then put back together and used a different screw!

You know the taillight trim can be removed from inside the boot lid to remove the lamp holders easier.

My second set, work really well with ds2500s can’t fault them

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ended up buying another set as I stupidly sold all my original parts. I’m now all stocked up again

Again my patience took the best of me. Not the best mod I have done. It was also hard work getting the knee bars out to cover. The ones I purchased off eBay, £30 were of good quality leather. I’m just not patient enpugh to glue them in place. I also rushed putting them back in.

Again my patience took the best of me. Not the best mod I have done. It was also hard work getting the knee bars out to cover. The ones I purchased off eBay, £30 were of good quality leather. I’m just not patient enpugh to glue them in place. I also rushed putting them back in.

pics ? :)

Reactions: Mark A Greenwood
Looks good and seems like alot was involved to install this. Do you have a list of what was needed to install this?

I do. It was quite a long retrofit to be fair and some planning as it was never an option for the 8P. £600 all in for the luxury.

I do. It was quite a long retrofit to be fair and some planning as it was never an option for the 8P. £600 all in for the luxury.

Nice work! I have the same setup. What revision camera (part#) did you use?

Reactions: samisnake and leonwilliams
Nice work! I have the same setup. What revision camera (part#) did you use?
Hi I did something similar but android head unit. My reverse camera part of number plate light. Ball ache of a job to run wires though but worth it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi I did something similar but android head unit. My reverse camera part of number plate light. Ball ache of a job to run wires though but worth it in the end.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I was going to do it the cheaper way but by the time you add up parts and additional hardware I just though sod it for the sake of a few hundred quid. Keep it OEM with the high line. I wasn’t sure about those LED cameras as my OCD would be bad if the LED isn’t the same brightness as the opposite side

Reactions: leonwilliams