What have you done to your A3 (8p) this week

Had my car mapped so now a st1 and excellent responsive from her

Reactions: dp_motley, paddy and mechanic69
Gave her a sexy carwash
20180608 011407

Asked on here about the fitting heated electric seats to my A3 s line but decided against as the cost would be heavy after finding seats , looms and switch panel
So went down the route of leather s line manual adjust seats , got some off eBay £75 and £60 next day delivery
Dint take me long either
cac2478f366e18d2893f87f94699c9ec.heic
f0f4dbdc5e057c95063c33274b8e7f1a.heic
aa313413ea4f9605d8a3a6bb34600d55.heic

To these from these
9c1ccfd26180856a336be1edc9b8cd4d.heic
2516d4afa72a06638c61965374b75cb5.heic

Result

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: samisnake and dp_motley
Sold the half leather ones for more than the full leather cost me

Fitted New Clutch and Flywheel (Sachs Uprated).
Replaced Gearbox Oil, Front and rear Diff oil.
Replaced Haldex oil and filter.
Changed Engine oil and Oil filter.

Jobs to do tomorrow:
Fit Audi Logo puddle lights (arrived this morning).
Install fast charge QI wireless phone charger.

Reactions: maxpayne
Asked on here about the fitting heated electric seats to my A3 s line but decided against as the cost would be heavy after finding seats , looms and switch panel
So went down the route of leather s line manual adjust seats , got some off eBay £75 and £60 next day delivery
Dint take me long either
cac2478f366e18d2893f87f94699c9ec.heic
f0f4dbdc5e057c95063c33274b8e7f1a.heic
aa313413ea4f9605d8a3a6bb34600d55.heic

To these from these
9c1ccfd26180856a336be1edc9b8cd4d.heic
2516d4afa72a06638c61965374b75cb5.heic

Result

£75 is a bargain price. Mine 1/2 leather/alcantara s-line heated seats with S3 door cards and shipping were approx. £900 combined.

£75 is a bargain price. Mine 1/2 leather/alcantara s-line heated seats with S3 door cards and shipping were approx. £900 combined.

I’m happy with my £75 non electric, heated ones , I couldn’t justify £900 , got to many other things to buy for it instead

50e848b19cd36698b7da5ee3b4afd7d1.heic

Fitted a later type gear knob today, I like the look of it compared to the original one
5a82331857c3da5f0516cfcfdf970014.heic

Interior refresh thanks to seat skinz of Wigan. Really pleased with fit and quality.

Attachments

• 20180610_180233.jpg
    20180610_180233.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 322
  • 20180610_180237.jpg
    20180610_180237.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 280
Reactions: maxpayne, leonwilliams and lea323ci
Sprayed the front grille and lower bumper silver bits satin black with rubber paint. Much much prefer the look. I did eventually remove that piece of paper and bag from behind the grille :blush:

Next up is a complete replacement of bulbs hopefully from t8ups. Some nice 6000k headlights, sidelights to match and some LED indicators to get rid of that fried egg effect...

Then moving onto bigger things; H&R 25mm springs all around and some new wheels :)

Screen Shot 2018 06 11 at 171737

Reactions: ch1z64, Daveyonthemove, samuelh_888 and 3 others
Juts tried to fit a DV+ but struggled for a while and resorted to contacting the seller.
Looks like the DV I bought a month ago to replace my split one was a fake, and for that reason the DV+ won't fit.
Seller has offered to give a refund, but I'm tempted to find a genuine DV and fit the DV+ and then fit that to the car.
If anyone knows of a genuine VAG DV at a sensible price I'd be grateful.

Juts tried to fit a DV+ but struggled for a while and resorted to contacting the seller.
Looks like the DV I bought a month ago to replace my split one was a fake, and for that reason the DV+ won't fit.
Seller has offered to give a refund, but I'm tempted to find a genuine DV and fit the DV+ and then fit that to the car.

Genuine Rev D is £60 from Audi. Pierburg (who makes the valves for Audi) branded ones are £40ish on eBay. What seller did you buy it off from and what was their rating?

Could you post some pics if it’s easily identifiable as a fake?

For what it’s worth, get a new RevG (with the rubber diaphragm and flag the DV+. Give mjr901 a message on Facebook messenger and get the genuine part from him - £46’ish.

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Could you post some pics if it’s easily identifiable as a fake?

For what it’s worth, get a new RevG (with the rubber diaphragm and flag the DV+. Give mjr901 a message on Facebook messenger and get the genuine part from him - £46’ish.

Sam IIRC Rev D is the newer version as opposed to G. I got mine from Mike a few months ago for £60.

Possibly, what ever the one is with the rubber diaphragm, get that one. It will wear out quicker but holds boost better than the plastic one.

Rev G diverter valve - 06F145710G - it was less than £40, just checked receipt.

8D7B7B08 10F0 460E BC0D F636DDFF0ADF

Reactions: Daveyonthemove
Reactions: Daveyonthemove and samuelh_888
@Daveyonthemove why don’t you just put the DV+ onto your current DV? Or stick with your current one (don’t fit the dv+).

I’d like to think the one you purchased was genuine but when it’s coming from Hong Kong I’d have some reservations.

@Daveyonthemove why don’t you just put the DV+ onto your current DV? Or stick with your current one (don’t fit the dv+).

I’d like to think the one you purchased was genuine but when it’s coming from Hong Kong I’d have some reservations.
That's the issue.
I have been trying to make it fit to my existing DV, but it won't fit. There is a size discrepancy and there is no way of making it clip on without shaving off a mm from one or the other, which I'm not going to do.
The DV I bought in that link didn't come from HK. The seller is UK based and has a good feedback rating, and the valve arrived within 2 days.
I had no reason to believe it was fake, and it is doing what it is supposed to do but I'm considering stage 2 in the future, so the DV+ is a small step in that direction.
I've found a Pierburg DV and ordered that, so I should have that by the weekend.

Reactions: samuelh_888
Wet vac'd the seats. Didn't take a picture but the water that came out the seats was grim...

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Eren S3
Wet vac'd the seats. Didn't take a picture but the water that came out the seats was grim...

I dread to think what would come out of mine...I'm not the first owner let's put it that way. And as much as I take care of the car myself I do want the entire car detailed in and out so it will stand some chance of feeling fresh inside. Fresher than I can get it anyway.

My New Pierburg DV arrived today, and the DV+ fitted on without any hassle.
Just spent 10 mins under the bonnet fitting it, but haven't driven it yet (waiting for local traffic to ease off).
No problem sitting at idle, and lets off a 'wohohoho' noise when revving it in neutral.
The previous DV didn't do that and I'm not sure if it will annoy me or if I will even notice it, a test drive later should confirm it for me.

Finally got round to getting NHN (Nigel) to come and fix my wiring gremlins, Lost communication to o/s/r door so wouldn’t open or widow open on switch.

Rear wiper and heated rear window not working , wiring issues again and an intermittent n/s/f door not always opening, all sorted now . Thanks Nigel

Tomorrow I’m going to do the alternator pulley change as it’s become noisy so hope to take a few pics

I dread to think what would come out of mine...I'm not the first owner let's put it that way. And as much as I take care of the car myself I do want the entire car detailed in and out so it will stand some chance of feeling fresh inside. Fresher than I can get it anyway.
Mines on nearly 200k so you can imagine

Reactions: Eren S3