What have you done to your 8V today?

Fitted the DTUK pedal box. Have to say unfortunately I'm disappointed. I still have the long throw pedal, just that now it is more aggressive in the same position. No change to the actual pedal actuation point. Tried it in sport +3, totally undrivable. Being a manual with an RTS clutch all I did was kangaroo. Way too violent for normal driving. In an auto it might be good, but in my limited time behind the wheel its not been a great purchase

Fitted the DTUK pedal box. Have to say unfortunately I'm disappointed. I still have the long throw pedal, just that now it is more aggressive in the same position. No change to the actual pedal actuation point. Tried it in sport +3, totally undrivable. Being a manual with an RTS clutch all I did was kangaroo. Way too violent for normal driving. In an auto it might be good, but in my limited time behind the wheel its not been a great purchase
I’ve seen a few posts that it’s possible to have your throttle control coded to ‘Direct’ through VCDS which gives you a more direct control. I’ll see if I can find some details.

Reactions: Leevr
I’ve seen a few posts that it’s possible to have your throttle control coded to ‘Direct’ through VCDS which gives you a more direct control. I’ll see if I can find some details.
AD7B3862 6E35 4F67 BB79 4F8FDDBD24C2

did you go through the process to set it up for your individual car as described in instructions ?

used to be a thing in my mercedes A class where the throttle after a certain amount of time would learn your driving behaviour and adapt to it , to reset it you had to
Turn ignition to on (not start).
Press peddle & hold for 5secs.
Turn key to off (dont remove key) then release peddle.
Wait 2mins at least for ECU to reset.
Car will now be more responsive, and powerful.

did you go through the process to set it up for your individual car as described in instructions ?
Yes all done as detailed. The unit works. Just not how I perceived it would. DTUK are sending me a file from an Audi tt stage 2 that they wrote to improve the initial pedal throw. They have said the first press of the pedal although electronic has a modicum of mechanical input hence the long throw. Hopefully this update with go somewhat to alleviating this. Definitely feel the difference from city to sport+ sport +3 is undrivable through the gears in town. Kangaroo City.

Yes all done as detailed. The unit works. Just not how I perceived it would. DTUK are sending me a file from an Audi tt stage 2 that they wrote to improve the initial pedal throw. They have said the first press of the pedal although electronic has a modicum of mechanical input hence the long throw. Hopefully this update with go somewhat to alleviating this. Definitely feel the difference from city to sport+ sport +3 is undrivable through the gears in town. Kangaroo City.
Never really use sport +3 just mid setting . mine is manual too but standard engine apart from GFB DV+ valve and panel filter

Drove through a pothole and scrapped 2 nearly new tyres so hoping I can claim the cost back from the council

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Drove through a pothole and scrapped 2 nearly new tyres so hoping I can claim the cost back from the council

The roads are falling apart in so many places, it’s disgusting the amount of potholes that are allowed to develop on our roads. I used to ride a motorcycle and it scared me to see ruts in the centre of the road that would really throw the bike about if you fell into them. I always thought if I took the person in charge of road maintenance out on the back he would soon have them sorted. Put in your claim and fight them if they refuse to pay.
Rant over

Installed S3 badge from PFL wheel to replace the cost cutting S badge, required some dremel work but nothing crazy!

Also decided to remove quad tail pipes and give them a scrub!

It’s the small things that make a satisfying difference!

241377e4979f8222f8ac3366363cfd8e.jpg

d8ce6bf41a430c18ac5ffed5b6b2b632.jpg

ee511cf5cfdc5c0c45aea37697b93b24.jpg

35a25f79800e8a082759f2e19d2d18d7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: X25ARN, Adam14 and JohnM100
The roads are falling apart in so many places, it’s disgusting the amount of potholes that are allowed to develop on our roads. I used to ride a motorcycle and it scared me to see ruts in the centre of the road that would really throw the bike about if you fell into them. I always thought if I took the person in charge of road maintenance out on the back he would soon have them sorted. Put in your claim and fight them if they refuse to pay.
Rant over

The pothole was deep and quite wide but it was raining and dark so I didn't see it as I was concentrating on the right turn I had coming up. Just heard a bang and my steering went heavy. Got out and checked and it tore the two tyres from the outside I could see the thread through the split rubber.

Sometimes we really have to wonder where all our taxes go because there's a lot things they are supposed to contribute towards but we aren't seeing the benefits. You'd be a brave man to ride a motorcycle with the state of these roads.

I'm not gonna give up at all Im also going to claim for the wheel refurbishment I now need as well. Wish me luck !

Reactions: stubbly46
Fitted a second Boot Hook to my S3 saloon. Audi should have fitted 2 like the A4, but corner cutting meant only one curry hook. I also prefer symmetry.
Hi there,
I can’t find the curry hooks anywhere on the Audi accessories website, etc. Can I ask please where you got them from. Like you, I also prefer the symmetry. Audi S3 saloon 8Y.
Many thanks,
Mark

What they are? RS7 you mean glow plugs? into which car?

Doesn’t take a scientist to work out they are red coil packs in an S3.
The RS7 spark plugs are a common change on the S3 engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What they are? RS7 you mean glow plugs? into which car?
If you don’t want to see posts by certain members you have an ignore function. it’s that simple press it and your personal issue with whatever member will not be visible to you.

Reactions: AlS3BE, Leevr and 8YARWY
And Heko strips

Attachments

• 4775CAC0-F9E9-4B2A-AF43-5A58455E7CD5.jpeg
    4775CAC0-F9E9-4B2A-AF43-5A58455E7CD5.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: SPIKE_ and Leevr
Sorry, coil packs on a S3 with rs7 spark plugs, my car is revo mapped and it’s definitely smoother on the up shift half throttle
Is there any actual noticeable difference? other than a stronger spark .. Had R8 spark plugs on a MK6 GTI before and made little to no difference

Is there any actual noticeable difference? other than a stronger spark .. Had R8 spark plugs on a MK6 GTI before and made little to no difference
Yes, having driven it for the last 18 months with a revo map and stock plugs, now changed to this combo, without doubt it’s alot smoother throughout the whole range. Typically noticeable when giving it beans leaving 50 limit roadworks. It maybe me, but it’s holding 6th at 75mph plus before it drops into 7th, can‘t say I noticed that before.

Fitted My black with black front grill badge, what do you think??View attachment 235121
I didn’t even see it to be honest, I read your post three times and kept looking at the rings thinking they’re definitely chrome, it was only when I zoomed in on the pic and moved about I suddenly saw the black S3 badge. It wouldn’t be my choice but black details don’t show up well in pics and may look a lot better in reality.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
I didn’t even see it to be honest, I read your post three times and kept looking at the rings thinking they’re definitely chrome, it was only when I zoomed in on the pic and moved about I suddenly saw the black S3 badge. It wouldn’t be my choice but black details don’t show up well in pics and may look a lot better in reality.
I was the same thinking it was the rings you were on about :redrs4::nogarors4:

Reactions: stubbly46
Now I’ve gone in the opposite direction, after 4 years without an identity and a new badge from its homeland it’s finally got its identity.

Attachments

• 90F5D601-7A38-494F-8EE0-FF3A87D12163.jpeg
    90F5D601-7A38-494F-8EE0-FF3A87D12163.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 115
Reactions: Steve D
@stubbly46 said "Now I’ve gone in the opposite direction, after 4 years without an identity and a new badge from its homeland it’s finally got its identity."

Hope that you're prepared to be mugged in your own driveway

Well I won and my check is in the post. I am been paid to cover the cost of the 2 x tyres and the wheel refurb I'll need. Happy with that.

Reactions: JohnM100, Audi Bairn and josul
Congratulations and well done for seeing it through, I’m glad you got a good result.
Thank you. Never thought I'd get a penny so glad I did it

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Retrofitting electric and heated seats on my A3 Sportback 2015.

Need that extra comfort on those long journeys :gaehn:

View attachment 204774
Do you have some more information on this retrofit?
What parts did you need? I see extra cables in the photo; are they part of a retrofit kit from Audi or did you make them yourself?
I am looking to retrofit electrically adjustable seats on my RS3 8V and I am struggling to find a good source of information. Any advice would be most appreciative...