What have you done to your 8V today?

Peter if you can source OEM parts, install them properly and have them work for less than Alix, knock yourself out.

In the mean time Alix performs top quality work and wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend him.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dunedin, NevMan, Sandra and 1 other person
All controls work as they should. The screen becomes Apple Car play but you can use the MMI and VC as normal. Personally I got it so it streams the LBC app instantly when I turn on the car, can’t get it over here, it’s a bit annoying looking for the cable and plugging in each time.
I meant to browse in carplay menus, or launch an application by using mmi controller ..
I am curious about how you can browse a menu which is introduced by a usb dongle.

I meant to browse in carplay menus, or launch an application by using mmi controller ..
I am curious about how you can browse a menu which is introduced by a usb dongle.

Or you had already audi factory oem carplay(wired)
And you added Bluetooth connectivity only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening all,

Sorry not an A3/S3 but I know a lot of you have the same MMi and so on so I just wanted to show off the wireless car play dongles I just got delivered from AudiRetrofits. It was £135 which postage to Switzerland. Think it’s £99 all in for U.K. though which is cheaper than the ones that always appear on my google searches. It’s really quick at connecting, the dongle connects to the phone via Bluetooth and then to the car via the USB port. I attached/glued mine in a way so it’s always connected but I can still use the wireless charging without moving it. Can’t see any delays in operation so far.....

View attachment 208436 View attachment 208437

Any chance of a link (if thats allowed)? I've searched around but can't find that exact device. Does it work for Android Auto? Thanks.

I think you need to watch some YouTube videos regarding these devices. It will explain it all. It’s just a passthrough receiver to allow Apple CP or Android Auto to be used without a wire, all functions are the same as with the phone plugged in.

Oh, it’s you. Here we go again....

Genuine OEM parts, professionally fitted by a fully insured company with many years of experience, topped off with a 2 years warranty. To add to this am at least £100 cheaper than my closest competitor :)
I have mirror dash cam 10'' front n back just for £75 and looks 10x better than on that little display there orig from audi + I have night vision...

@DJAlix you opening line made me chuckle. Peter82 does have an opinion on everything and everyone else is wrong or incorrect. As far as I've heard you always do a top job for site members.
It's not about wrong its about spending stupid money on things which can be done cheaper...

GenuineOEM parts, professionally fitted by a fully insured company with many years of experience, topped off with a 2 years warranty. To add to this am at least £100 cheaper than my closest competitor :)

Why are you always so negative. Every time @DJAlix does this retrofit your on here. By all means if you can find the Oem parts and a professional installer to do it cheaper, then you go there. End of.
Oh c'moon your ''geeeniuune paarts jesus .. such brainwashing.. Genuine parts made in china .. heh.. ppl are just naive.. aah well .. warranty u have warranty on everything nowadays .. but u don't have any warranty anymore from audi if u modify something in car..

think that’s a bargain. I was quoted double that from other retrofitters. The parts alone is around £300 for genuine Audi so really not much for Alex’s time/labour/insurance.
Paid 70 on ebay normally £100

Peter if you can source OEM parts, install them properly and have them work for less than Alix, knock yourself out.

In the mean time Alix performs top quality work and wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend him.

It is still expensive..

Paid 70 on ebay normally £100

This?

maybe this?

or what ever this is?

Screenshot 2020 09 07 at 224411

hmmmmmm.

Reactions: CraigM, JohnM100, AlS3BE and 1 other person
You can see why that last rear view mirror camera is cheap, it looks and naff and tacky, sorry but it just doesn’t belong in an Audi :tearsofjoy:
Iiiit doees it look normal in person...
U don't know bcos u never had it...

Peter - your posts reference rear dash cam and reversing camera interchangeably: I think Tesla is the only manufacturer who use the same camera for both.

I had one of those mirror dash cams on a trial several years ago. Admittedly, tech evolves but I found that it was:

Bulky - even caused the rear view mirror to slowly sag over several weeks in the summer due to the extra weight.
Distracting - especially at night when it decided to turn the screen on. I really hope it doesn’t display the feed from the rear camera all the time as resolution is lower than eyeball and it will have latency & artefacts.
Loss of function. This fitted over my existing mirror so I lost the auto dimming mirror function of the built-in one.
Daytime video quality ok but ‘night vision’? - must be joking.

Can we get this thread back on topic now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Bells, DJAlix, Dubjam and 1 other person
Feel free to open a thread about this revolutionary rear view camera , and a how too install guide @Peter82 , I'd love to see your work and your detailed write up with a video.

Let us know once posted so we can all take a look.

Reactions: NevMan, DJAlix and Sandra
Oh c'moon your ''geeeniuune paarts jesus .. such brainwashing.. Genuine parts made in china .. heh.. ppl are just naive.. aah well .. warranty u have warranty on everything nowadays .. but u don't have any warranty anymore from audi if u modify something in car..
Time out. I have had enough of you winding everyone up. You will have plenty time to look for your parts now. Maybe even get them fitted

Reactions: NevMan, Ormesome, Bells and 3 others
Opinions aired and points made.

Peter do something constructive for once, please drop a link (pm or otherwise) to this camera as I want to buy one to review and see what all the fuss is about. I currently have a few systems available to me (£200 to £800) / in stock and would like to review these units and post up all the information in a new thread so the guys here can see what’s available on the market.

And now..... this;

Can we get this thread back on topic now?

Reactions: Dubjam, pburv, 8YARWY and 5 others
Looks fantastic. Really sets off the car. If you don't mind me asking the obvious question of, how much? Do you really feel a massive difference in stopping distance?
Paid just under £1600 from forge direct, 12 week wait.

Brakes are.so much keener, really notice a difference

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Leevr and Dubjam
Front rieger splitter fitted (smashed Maxton one) and a quick wash.
8f7d08428298abb8114bd1c474f64b28.jpg

Reactions: pburv, Leevr and Dubjam
Warning & Puddle leds
20200910 13105120200910 131853 20200910 123104 20200910 123108

Big Thanks to RobinA3 @RocketWires for supplying Loom and LED'S nice easy instructions. Highly recommend him!

Also found something little odd along the way.
20200910 124250
This was clearly only going one way till i can replace it
20200910 181408 20200910 181628 20200910 181421

Last edited:
Reactions: Dunedin, RobinA3 and pburv
Thanks for the shout out Dan!

Whats the deal with the speaker grille? Did it make any difference?

+1. Really genuine bloke that is very reasonable and does great work

Reactions: pburv
Thanks for the shout out Dan!

Whats the deal with the speaker grille? Did it make any difference?

Guess must have been replaced with wrong grill before I owned the car.
Unless was defect part from factory.
Not sure makes any difference yet. Will replace it soon with right one.

Obligatory calliper painting today..they came out a lot better than my iPhone managed to capture!

Thumbnail IMG 7811
Thumbnail IMG 7812

Carbon mirrors and all silver/chrome badges replaced with genuine Black ones..and eBay specials for the sides (but proper satin black alloy ones with black tape, tbh felt far better quality than the originals)

Thumbnail IMG 7834

Thumbnail IMG 7842

Obligatory calliper painting today..they came out a lot better than my iPhone managed to capture!

View attachment 209245 View attachment 209246

Carbon mirrors and all silver/chrome badges replaced with genuine Black ones..and eBay specials for the sides (but proper satin black alloy ones with black tape, tbh felt far better quality than the originals)

View attachment 209262

View attachment 209263
Will be looking into doing this with my new car...I never bothered with my S3 but wish I had as rusty hubs ain't a good look.:sadlike:
From memory I think they start going off at around 3 years ? but depends on the environment it's kept and driven in I suppose.
Job well done mate:thumbs up:

Reactions: Dubjam
Will be looking into doing this with my new car...I never bothered with my S3 but wish I had as rusty hubs ain't a good look.:sadlike:
From memory I think they start going off at around 3 years ? but depends on the environment it's kept and driven in I suppose.
Job well done mate:thumbs up:

Mines four years old and the rears were pretty bad. The fronts were actually fine after a sand, but had to paint them to keep it all coordinated.

Took about four hours, doing one wheel at a time, as having to wait for the paint to dry between coats. Would be so much quicker on a lift.

My discs will need changing anyway soon, so I'll probably fit Black Diamond ones so they are already coated.

Mines four years old and the rears were pretty bad. The fronts were actually fine after a sand, but had to paint them to keep it all coordinated.

Took about four hours, doing one wheel at a time, as having to wait for the paint to dry between coats. Would be so much quicker on a lift.

My discs will need changing anyway soon, so I'll probably fit Black Diamond ones so they are already coated.
Yeah funny that the fronts seem to last longer than the rears. I think it's either due to different (poor) material or the fronts get hotter than the rears in use and don't give moisture a chance to get hold?

Yeah funny that the fronts seem to last longer than the rears. I think it's either due to different (poor) material or the fronts get hotter than the rears in use and don't give moisture a chance to get hold?

Quite possibly. I don't know if the S3 is the same, but the brake bias on mine is extremely front heavy - shown by all the brake dust embedded into the front wheels on a regular basis. So the heat probably does burn all the moisture off.

Not sure how much the black diamonds are but just got 4 of these EBC usr slotted for my 2015 S3 for £310. Coating is guaranteed for 3 years. Will fit in perfectly with my wheels since having them powder coated RS6 black and wheel spacers are black as well. Planning on fitting them this weekend hopefully.
b5c0da401adf07277c1f0256c63f2334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pinky1959, pburv and Dubjam
Not sure how much the black diamonds are but just got 4 of these EBC usr slotted for my 2015 S3 for £310. Coating is guaranteed for 3 years. Will fit in perfectly with my wheels since having them powder coated RS6 black and wheel spacers are black as well. Planning on fitting them this weekend hopefully.
b5c0da401adf07277c1f0256c63f2334.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Would it be wise to give them an extra coat of paint before fitting considering how they have a tendency to rust over time?

Michelin pilot super sports all round
09e439ff6e14d0f51c7a9d027544bb07.jpg

Reactions: V6_Man, pburv, Leevr and 1 other person
Car got put back to standard, private reg removed and res delete taken off ready for the car getting sold next week.

2776B26E 69B2 42FB BB14 B1187F573F0B

Thursday actually. Major service Inc. spark plugs & brake fluid change, £445 at Worthing Audi. Tried to flog me 4 new tyres with 4/5mm tread on the current ones, a Haldex service, (already done at an indie) & an air conditioning service, all of which I declined.

What you changing to? Swear you've only recently gone back to an S3?

You’d think that but it’s actually been a year since I got my S3! It’s a great car but just not really gelled with it and I got offered nearly what I paid for it a year ago despite adding 12k miles on, mainly due to it being Ara Blue and 3dr which is in demand apparently?!

So after a bit of searching and considering a few different models I’ve ended up in another S5 for a great price 17 reg, 15k miles and possibly the highest spec in the country. Think it’s only missing adaptive suspension and carbon inlays :tearsofjoy: it’s got sports dif and steering, pan roof, 360 cameras, touring pack with adaptive cruise etc all the works so quite a few toys to keep me happy, plus it’s got 2 year Audi warranty so win win really.

Reactions: Adam14 and pburv
You’d think that but it’s actually been a year since I got my S3! It’s a great car but just not really gelled with it and I got offered nearly what I paid for it a year ago despite adding 12k miles on, mainly due to it being Ara Blue and 3dr which is in demand apparently?!

So after a bit of searching and considering a few different models I’ve ended up in another S5 for a great price 17 reg, 15k miles and possibly the highest spec in the country. Think it’s only missing adaptive suspension and carbon inlays :tearsofjoy: it’s got sports dif and steering, pan roof, 360 cameras, touring pack with adaptive cruise etc all the works so quite a few toys to keep me happy, plus it’s got 2 year Audi warranty so win win really.
Might be remembering wrong but didn't you go S3 to S5 to S3 and now back to S5? I wasn't sure of my S5 at first but had it 18 months and love it now. The wrap and other cosmetics help, going to get some bits retrofitted like memory seats and some other bits I think. As mine is quite "low spec" but the monthly price was brilliant so I ca live with it as things like ACC don't really appeal to me despite the miles I do.

Sounds like you got a good deal, what colour is it?

Reactions: Bells
Might be remembering wrong but didn't you go S3 to S5 to S3 and now back to S5? I wasn't sure of my S5 at first but had it 18 months and love it now. The wrap and other cosmetics help, going to get some bits retrofitted like memory seats and some other bits I think. As mine is quite "low spec" but the monthly price was brilliant so I ca live with it as things like ACC don't really appeal to me despite the miles I do.

Sounds like you got a good deal, what colour is it?

No no you remember correctly haha had a 68reg S5 and ran it for just over 6 months and did 10k miles in it, nice car but I got offered what I paid for it and was meant to be getting a company car. However that didn’t happen as I ended up changing jobs so went back to a S3 as there wasn’t much on the market.

With the way the market is at the moment a couple grand to jump back into a S5 seems like a bargain, especially when it’s done 15k miles compared to my S3’s 32k+ plus my insurance is cheaper and it’s less in road tax. I love the wrap on yours I’d really like to get Viper Green or similar on mine but I’ll settle into the car for a few months first :tearsofjoy:

Anyway it’s Daytona which is one of my favourite standard colours, with red seats which I thought I’d dislike but they actually suit the car. Should be picking up this week I’m just waiting for Audi to finish sorting an issue with the window rubber and a little scuff on the front bumper, so fingers crossed :sweatsmile:

Reactions: JohnM100 and pburv