What have you done to your 8V today?

Fitted a high flow air filter yesterday.
Done ECU and TCU remap today :)

I actually found, when I fitted high flow air filter to my 2016 Audi TT 2.0 TDI it performed better than my 2016 Audi S3 2.0 TFSI engine.

Reactions: dp_motley
So how is different? And what's TCU for?
More PS is always better ;) Now my 1.5 has the power equal to the 2.0. It should be approx. 180-190PS and 300-310Nm. The 2.0 owners get this from the factory though.

TCU stands for a Transmission Control Unit and it is a brain for the DSG/S-tronic.

More PS is always better ;) Now my 1.5 has the power equal to the 2.0. It should be approx. 180-190PS and 300-310Nm. The 2.0 owners get this from the factory though.

TCU stands for a Transmission Control Unit and it is a brain for the DSG/S-tronic.
But u have 1.6 car not 1.5?
I know more bhp but Is it actually better?
Yeah brain but what actually has been done?

Bit of a brake upgrade, forge big brake kit to the front, ebc grooved discs, yellow pads all round and braided hoses
95c8a62958fbeb9dc6cfc2da9ef70771.jpg
50c4d3f16aa8d27ab0970a5a20809bc4.jpg
dcaeaeb7ac2802ea5717b026c153b6b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dubjam, rizzi, Fatbloke and 7 others
I have a 2019 A3 35TFSI (1.5TFSI COD engine). The 1.6 TDI was my previous car.
More bhp means more power, faster acceleration. The car feels lighter and faster.
On the dsg tuning, I recommend reading here: https://tvsengineering.com/en/performance/gearbox-software/

Yep, my last few Audi, all mapped, made them all so much more of a "drivers car" improved fuel as well!

A3 2010 plate, 2.0tdi 170bhp, mapped 225bhp
A3 2014 plate, 2.0tdi 150bhp, mapped 190bhp
TT 2010 plate, 2.0tdi 170bhp, mapped 225bhp
TT 2016 plate, 2.0tdi 184bhp, mapped 210bhp

My car now S3 2016 plate, 2.0TFSI 296bhp, mapped 350bhp

Each one I noticed a difference on performance.

Reactions: Peter Peter and dp_motley
Bit of a brake upgrade, forge big brake kit to the front, ebc grooved discs, yellow pads all round and braided hoses
95c8a62958fbeb9dc6cfc2da9ef70771.jpg
50c4d3f16aa8d27ab0970a5a20809bc4.jpg
dcaeaeb7ac2802ea5717b026c153b6b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
Looks fantastic. Really sets off the car. If you don't mind me asking the obvious question of, how much? Do you really feel a massive difference in stopping distance?

Reactions: Jud and pburv
Had remap done £150 'stage 1' but am not feeling any difference? :suspicion:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200827_232550.jpg
    Screenshot_20200827_232550.jpg
    201.5 KB · Views: 267
Very suspicious Peter, you should at least feel the extra torque.
The cheapest I've been quoted for a basic map was £250.00
425.00 for Revo

I thought you had a quattro Peter?
They have mapped a 150bhp 2.0 from what it looks like on the vehicle description, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Looks cheap, most cost between £250 and £400.

Was it not done on a rolling road, so you could see before and after map results??

Everyone I had done, I had this and could see before and after results.

https://www.tuninglab.co.uk/single-post/2018/07/24/Audi-A3-8V-20-TDi-150

Above link was my old A3, before I had the TTs then the current S3.

Well he wanted to charge me £200 and I ask if can he do 150 so he said ok :D corona discount :D
I saw how is the file flashing.. It took altogether about hour?
I didn't try the car properly yet put the foot down properly heh .. Maybe little bit is better.. If mine is 184 and increase is don't know how much 35 bhp more?
I should feel the difference?
So does the mechanic know if the car has been already remapped?
Can he see it? Maybe seller didn't tell me..

I thought you had a quattro Peter?
They have mapped a 150bhp 2.0 from what it looks like on the vehicle description, maybe I'm thinking of someone else.
No I asked him why there is 150 and he said it is just generic file name or ecu reading.. Car is quattro heh

Attachments

• IMG_20200803_143130.jpg
    IMG_20200803_143130.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 273
Well he wanted to charge me £200 and I ask if can he do 150 so he said ok :D corona discount :D
I saw how is the file flashing.. It took altogether about hour?
I didn't try the car properly yet put the foot down properly heh .. Maybe little bit is better.. If mine is 184 and increase is don't know how much 35 bhp more?
I should feel the difference?
So does the mechanic know if the car has been already remapped?
Can he see it? Maybe seller didn't tell me..

You defo see a difference.
All mine have been done at the same place, dyno included, £250.
(I do get a discount now, being a regular)

On the dyno, you can see what your car is doing at the start, say 150bhp, then what its doing after, say 186bhp.
You would know from the offset, what is what.

You defo see a difference.
All mine have been done at the same place, dyno included, £250.
(I do get a discount now, being a regular)
I need to do dyno test but again freakin spending monies on sht..
How much dyno test cost?
On the dyno, you can see what your car is doing at the start, say 150bhp, then what its doing after, say 186bhp.
You would know from the offset, what is what .

Last edited:

The place where I get my car mapped charges £25 per dyno run, multiple runs you get a discount.

Total ripoff ...
well in the south of england everything is so expensive really don't understand why it's crazy

The place I use is in North Devon, if you clicked on the link in my other post, the details are there.
Plus, like I said, you see my old A3 from 2 years ago.

You wont need multiple runs to see what your car is doing, that is for people who tune their car, dyno it, tune some more, dyno it again etc.

The chap in North Devon for £250, will dyno your car to see what stock performance you have, then load the software and dyno again once done.
If he think it needs a tweak, he will do that to the software, then re-dyno as many times as needed all for £250 which I think is very fair price.

You have paid £150 and have no idea what you had at the start and no idea to what you have now!!

(my old A3 again from two years ago)
https://www.tuninglab.co.uk/single-post/2018/07/24/Audi-A3-8V-20-TDi-150

Reactions: pburv
Visited @DJAlix to get reversing camera and dash cam installed. He installed my carbon fibre mirror caps too.

Top work from a top guy.

Reactions: Sandra, pburv and DJAlix
Evening all,

Sorry not an A3/S3 but I know a lot of you have the same MMi and so on so I just wanted to show off the wireless car play dongles I just got delivered from AudiRetrofits. It was £135 which postage to Switzerland. Think it’s £99 all in for U.K. though which is cheaper than the ones that always appear on my google searches. It’s really quick at connecting, the dongle connects to the phone via Bluetooth and then to the car via the USB port. I attached/glued mine in a way so it’s always connected but I can still use the wireless charging without moving it. Can’t see any delays in operation so far.....

View attachment 208436 View attachment 208437
Hi!!
but you cannot use your mmi controls no?
then how do you control the screen?

Jeusss why it is so expensive?
Oh, it’s you. Here we go again....

Genuine OEM parts, professionally fitted by a fully insured company with many years of experience, topped off with a 2 years warranty. To add to this am at least £100 cheaper than my closest competitor :)

Reactions: Mylee, S32B, SPIKE_ and 15 others
Oh, it’s you. Here we go again....

Genuine OEM parts, professionally fitted by a fully insured company with many years of experience, topped off with a 2 years warranty. To add to this am at least £100 cheaper than my closest competitor :)
@DJAlix you opening line made me chuckle. Peter82 does have an opinion on everything and everyone else is wrong or incorrect. As far as I've heard you always do a top job for site members.

Reactions: CraigM, NevMan, S32B and 9 others
Everything is always 'too expensive' for @Peter82 , I am wondering if he would be better with a bicycle? or a Lada?..

OR

he opens a retrofitting outfit using genuine parts and does say the camera fitted for say, £150, how about @Peter82 , possible? or can you do it even cheaper?!

Reactions: NevMan, S32B, CraigM and 5 others

GenuineOEM parts, professionally fitted by a fully insured company with many years of experience, topped off with a 2 years warranty. To add to this am at least £100 cheaper than my closest competitor :)

Why are you always so negative. Every time @DJAlix does this retrofit your on here. By all means if you can find the Oem parts and a professional installer to do it cheaper, then you go there. End of.

Reactions: NevMan, SPIKE_, CraigM and 6 others
Hi!!
but you cannot use your mmi controls no?
then how do you control the screen?

All controls work as they should. The screen becomes Apple Car play but you can use the MMI and VC as normal. Personally I got it so it streams the LBC app instantly when I turn on the car, can’t get it over here, it’s a bit annoying looking for the cable and plugging in each time.

Wheres your BAN HAMMER @Sandra ? Surely it needs a flex this week? :)

Reactions: NevMan, Sandra, CraigM and 4 others
giphy.gif

Something along these lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: pburv, Dubjam and Leevr

think that’s a bargain. I was quoted double that from other retrofitters. The parts alone is around £300 for genuine Audi so really not much for Alex’s time/labour/insurance.

Reactions: Sandra, pburv, Dubjam and 1 other person