What have you done to your 8V today?

9519a1807dcdc669c41a0764b6d9c764.jpg

Bolt caps arrived from AliExpress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had engine oil/filter and S-Tronic oil/filter done this morning. Fitted the air intake blanking plate to complete the pikey R600, then wrapped all interior trim bits gloss black!
All ready for mapping now!

f688ac0e2b1a918d468ed10f66569848.jpg

c908115d47077c8c9861f67ffbb1d7b8.jpg

IMG 20200524 WA0004

Ouch reversing in to garage .
Gutted
AndyF Team Navarra

Booked in for repair and paint next Monday
AndyF Team Navarra

Reactions: Jassyo06
@SPIKE_S3
I was gutted mate feel better now its booked in:thumbs up::nogarors4:

Reactions: SPIKE_
Fitted a sheewee today

9021785dac9823666e95135dac1a854c.jpg

8269ca5d55104c88c1b298a9a0483aa6.jpg

Reactions: Bryant1998
Not so much done to it, but done for it. Finally got a 0 PPM filter. Got to say it's fantastic, if not a bit alien not having to dry the car. It works perfectly. No water spots. Well worth the investment.
20200605 104025 copy 3024x1470

Reactions: josul, Andy F, Joxh and 3 others
Removed windshield protection film. It was fitted right after I collected my car last spring and helped against a few nasty chips. But it got a lot of tiny swirls and scratches and started to look dirty from inside and outside. The windshield is bare and looks like new again :)

Personally nothing more than a simple wash, but over the last 4 days I got my Thinkware Q800 dash cam fitted, complete with a back-up battery, then had the car assessed and booked in for paint correction and ceramic protection in a months time. Also booked a Ghost 2 install, and a retrofit of a reversing camera. Once you’ve had one you can’t live without it! That’ll be about it until the warranty goes next March then I’ll look at an induction mod and remap.

Do you made DIY? or more photos of the process?
Thank you in advance!
I took no photos of the process, sorry. I bought a matched pair of used radar sensors on eBay instead of buying new ones because a calibration is needed after installation and calibration process requires tools that are only available in Authorised Service, and they will probably not be able to do the job even if you are willing to pay because your car doesn't have Lane Change Assist from factory in VAG database. Sensors calibrated in another car may not be perfect in your car so there is a risk you don't have the results you expect, but in my case, the system worked acceptably well, only a little false-positive generating on the passenger side.
The harness was supplied by a seller in Aliexpress. Wire colours are very close to factory, which helps much, but I found some wires a little short, especially the ones that come from the mirror indicator to the door module, that I had do splice in order to have an OEM-like result. K-Electronic supplies a retrofit kit too but I don't know if wire lenghts are more precise. In both cases, some changes may be necessary if your car is RHD.
I had also to buy a pair of mirror indicators and new mirror caps. I had to paint the caps because I couldn't find a supplier selling the caps with the right colour for a decent price.

Reactions: FrA1l3
Installed Heko wind deflectors
Wheels are in refurb getting dark Metallic Anthracite powder coat.
Going to look dope - Safe Bruv !! LOL

Next remove rear badges and put black ones on, and steam clean entire inside

Removed the awful black wrap around my window surround (done by a previous owner). Looks miles better now.
20200613 150943

Reactions: rvtb101
I might be doing the same soon, noticed some peeling around the rear door widow. I’d assumed the black was original Audi, but maybe it isn’t.
Mine was peeling too, it was a nice hot day today and it just peeled straight off without the need for a heat gun.

Mine was peeling too, it was a nice hot day today and it just peeled straight off without the need for a heat gun.

I must check the front grille - I assumed the car (2 years old S3) had the “black” pack, but maybe I was wrong! I can’t imagine the black, had it been original Audi, would have an edge visibly peeling.

I must check the front grille - I assumed the car (2 years old S3) had the “black” pack, but maybe I was wrong! I can’t imagine the black, had it been original Audi, would have an edge visibly peeling.
Post some photos when you can? I'm sure you would be able to tell, especially around the windows where the trim ends.

Post some photos when you can? I'm sure you would be able to tell, especially around the windows where the trim ends.

Will do, but looking at MyAudi, it says “Aluminium window trims” so looks like an aftermarket wrap to go with the rear privacy glass.

Reactions: Joxh
Will do, but looking at MyAudi, it says “Aluminium window trims” so looks like an aftermarket wrap to go with the rear privacy glass.
Hmm. Looking at photos of S3’s all seem to have black window surrounds. Perhaps I’m unlucky to have peeling trim.

Hmm. Looking at photos of S3’s all seem to have black window surrounds. Perhaps I’m unlucky to have peeling trim.
S3s come with chrome window surrounds and black if they're black editions, yours was clearly wrapped. Black editions would also have a black grill and black mirror caps.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

S3s come with chrome window surrounds and black if they're black editions, yours was clearly wrapped. Black editions would also have a black grill and black mirror caps.

Aaa, the car has silver mirror caps, so that nails it as a non-black edition. Thank you. .

Not all have black mirror caps as mine has silver

You got any photos? :)

Here are a couple I took when I ws checking earlier. The grille is much less obvious, I needed to ope the bonnet to see the sliver of silver left along the top edge.

Trim by Richard Fletcher, on Flickr

I'd noticed the bit by the roof-rack foot hole before, but just assumed it was down to declining Audi quality...

Now it's all nice and silver again, just the grille to go.

Here are a couple I took when I ws checking earlier. The grille is much less obvious, I needed to ope the bonnet to see the sliver of silver left along the top edge.

I'd noticed the bit by the roof-rack foot hole before, but just assumed it was down to declining Audi quality...

Now it's all nice and silver again, just the grille to go.
I'm sure it will look much better when it's all gone! Glad I somewhat encouraged you ;)

Removed the awful black wrap around my window surround (done by a previous owner). Looks miles better now.
View attachment 204701
Woow first person here, who hates black pack... Welcome to chrome pack club!
So many obsessed with blacking everything on car.. Just why?
Chrome the best...

Retrofitting electric and heated seats on my A3 Sportback 2015.

Need that extra comfort on those long journeys :gaehn:

IMG 20200613 154821

Cleaned my engine.. not that was much dirt on it
F6501904 FA9D 413C B44D DD8BD773201E
E740FF71 C374 4EBB A217 3A83E72CFF52
anyway lol

Reactions: Peter Peter, josul and Lehn
Not so much done to it, but done for it. Finally got a 0 PPM filter. Got to say it's fantastic, if not a bit alien not having to dry the car. It works perfectly. No water spots. Well worth the investment.
View attachment 204184
I spoke too soon. After 7 rinses. It is showing water spots and runs all over one of my cars. Contacted the company to see if they know of an issue with this batch. £10 per rinse is taking the mik to say the least. 25 to 30 rinses was quoted.

I spoke too soon. After 7 rinses. It is showing water spots and runs all over one of my cars. Contacted the company to see if they know of an issue with this batch. £10 per rinse is taking the mik to say the least. 25 to 30 rinses was quoted.

That's not good is it

i take it you only use it when rinsing and not washing the car

That's not good is it

i take it you only use it when rinsing and not washing the car
Yes it literally used to rinse the car off at the last moment. Normal jet wash, pre wash, snow foam, 2 bucket method, jet wash then rinse with 0PPM. So, yes not good for the amount of water passed through the unit.

I've been wanting something like this for ages but never really looked into it
when I see my window cleaner he was telling me he makes his own fills his tank in the van everyday it was quite expensive to set up so I gave up on the idea

This would be perfect if you got 30/40 washes from it

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk