What have you done to your 8V today?

retrimmed the door panels in alcantara. Arm rest in leather is next step but thats a job for somebody to do for me.

FJIMG 20190704 131239

Reactions: suzannec, lea323ci, SPIKE_ and 4 others
Did you have to disassembly the door card in order to shove the alcantare under the plastic?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

No, I made a template using masking tape. I then stuck it down onto paper and cut round it giving it a border of about 1cm. I used this template to make both sides by flipping it for other side. To attach, i used some spray glue to hold it onto the the 'leather' and tucked the edges under the plasic of the door using a plastic trim tool.

Reactions: Leevr and dp_motley
No, I made a template using masking tape. I then stuck it down onto paper and cut round it giving it a border of about 1cm. I used this template to make both sides by flipping it for other side. To attach, i used some spray glue to hold it onto the the 'leather' and tucked the edges under the plasic of the door using a plastic trim tool.
You were smarter than I :) I started with tucking the edges with a plastic trim tool, then lifted the material a little and sprayed the 3M adhesive underneath it. It wasn't easy due to place restriction. Then I decided to use a different approach on other three doors. I glued double sided adhesive tape, many stripes side-by-side leaving paper on the upper side, tucked the material under the plastic and then removed the paper from the tape and pressed it all together. I wish I used your approach as I messed a little with the tape and now there are some small bulges visible when light shine under a certain angle.

Had Carbon Fibre wing mirrors fitted.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_108c.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108c.jpeg
    382.5 KB · Views: 383
  • fullsizeoutput_108d.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108d.jpeg
    319.5 KB · Views: 398
  • fullsizeoutput_108e.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_108e.jpeg
    367.5 KB · Views: 404
Reactions: Audi Bairn, lea323ci and Leevr
Had Revo stage 2 high torque map today and so much better.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, SPIKE_ and Leevr
Transmission fluid changed .. niiice n smoooth :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Had two rear tyres changed at Stirling Audi (front two were done a couple of months ago).
Kept the P Zero as per the originals due to good wear rate and rim protection. I normally go for Michelin.
Got 26k out of fronts and 27k on the rears.
Whilst in they identified a leaking off side rear shock absorber. This is to be replaced under warranty and needs booked back in.

Reactions: Pinky1959, MikeParkin and MattSedg
Engine oil,plugs and Haldex all done tonight including filter which was completely covered all round with gunk,hadn’t been having any problems but god knows how the oil was getting through!

All went relatively smoothly apart from cylinder 1 coil pack being an absolute pain to remove,the other 3 weren’t exactly easy but number 1 was ridiculous!

Big thanks to Tom at Crewe Audi for sorting me out with everything I needed and at a great price too :thumbs up:

Reactions: MikeParkin
Upload 2019 7 14 22 14 28

My little thing today.
Bugged me how it came out the factory with the rings up front and nothing in the back.

Reactions: Jimbob76, Audi Bairn and SPIKE_
she is now one month old.

-full black
-carbon spoiler
-carbon diffuser
-front lip
-res delete
-carbon exhaust tips
-GMP atom rims

coming up
-air intake
-carbon mirror caps
-carbon trims

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 21.37.12.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-07-02 at 21.37.12.jpeg
    389.3 KB · Views: 372
  • image00009.jpeg
    image00009.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 384
  • image00003.jpeg
    image00003.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 378
Reactions: makelja, V6_Man, SPIKE_ and 3 others
Fitted a clear mount phone holder! A simple, well made solution. Thanks to fellow forumers for the recommendation.

De-chromed the small air grills on each side of the bumper. Also plasti dipped the logo but didn't liked the outcome so I'll settle with this :)

IMG 3062

Reactions: TYb, dp_motley, Adam14 and 5 others
Bought a Carista OBD dongle for £10.99 and did the following
Chirp on lock/unlock
Needle sweep
Mirror dip on reverse

Got my rear offside shock absorber replaced yesterday under warranty as it was leaking.
Took a couple of (poor) pics from the lounge balcony while I waited. Had an RS5 Coupe, RS5 SB & a 20th Anniversary TT.
Chatting with my usual salesman and when my cut off point for handing the car back would be. Likely to be past 3 years old so the means putting it through MOT and possibly extending warranty. Also popped into Land Rover for a look and saw this F Type, which is not what I was looking for.
b49a24d0516da08ad505557f2c2dede3.jpg
ae01955ad2336df62e035cd14219eb4f.jpg
0996c357c6122f0f5e19fa8f262026e0.jpg
737357405da0d3ddb2a3e95814b48b72.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: springer, Jcbmally, suzannec and 2 others
Oooh ....... That RS5 is rather nice

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pook and Audi Bairn
Gave the car its first scrub in a couple of months.....

IMG 6597

Its been rather neglected since I bought a new toy a 1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 ...

IMG 1269

Two very different cars !

Reactions: Jcbmally, suzannec, BarryG79 and 3 others
Chatting with my usual salesman and when my cut off point for handing the car back would be. Likely to be past 3 years old so the means putting it through MOT and possibly extending warranty.
So you did a 4 year PCP then? That's what puts me off getting another Audi a bit, to have the same monthly outlay again, I'd have to switch from a 36 month deal to a 48 month deal...even for the same car/deposit/discount!!! The idea of pcp to me is to avoid mot's and out of warranty worries.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and TYb
So you did a 4 year PCP then? That's what puts me off getting another Audi a bit, to have the same monthly outlay again, I'd have to switch from a 36 month deal to a 48 month deal...even for the same car/deposit/discount!!! The idea of pcp to me is to avoid mot's and out of warranty worries.

I’m in the same boat, makes no sense to be paying monthlies on a car which is out of support, i’m VT’ing mine to avoid just that.

Test drove an MX5 RF yesterday, when we ran the figures through the monthlies are the same as my S3 which just doesn’t feel right. Really nice car to drive though.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Yeah, generally always done a 4 yr one and been able to change at between 2.5 and 3 yrs. Current market means that’s being pushed out to over 3 yrs now in my case.

Had Revo stage 2 high torque map today and so much better.

what is she putting out now?

I took the car out in the first proper wet day since my MRC remap. The traction control light was flashing up in 3rd even in a straight line. Turned the TC off and in 2nd gear it completely spun up and the car was sliding all over the place :)

what is she putting out now?

I took the car out in the first proper wet day since my MRC remap. The traction control light was flashing up in 3rd even in a straight line. Turned the TC off and in 2nd gear it completely spun up and the car was sliding all over the place :)

Not sure as I didn’t put it on the rollers. Just over 400bhp and 400ftlbs I think as others have had these figures or slightly over.

I found mine doing the same but got some better tyres on now so it’s not as bad. If you try to slide it it’s easy done.

Went out for a drive after a hot day at work , only drive it at weekends normally, but fancied a blast , must drive it more
My old white 8p is the daily work horse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bought a Carista OBD dongle for £10.99 and did the following
Chirp on lock/unlock
Needle sweep
Mirror dip on reverse
Whats it like to use, did you have to pay or where they free to do. I have just bought the dongle but haven’t attempted to use it yet.

Braved the scorchio weather to give her an especially good clean inside and out. Why ? because going in for a service tomorrow and I have this idea (probably mistaken) that service departments are going to be more careful with a car that looks loved than one that looks neglected.

Probably just the car version of daft people who tidy up before their cleaner calls.

Reactions: Audi Bairn, JimmyMcGee, rvtb101 and 1 other person
Whats it like to use, did you have to pay or where they free to do. I have just bought the dongle but haven’t attempted to use it yet.
Straight forward to use, you get a free months trial if you bought brand new from Amazon

Straight forward to use, you get a free months trial if you bought brand new from Amazon

I did buy it from amazon. How do you activate the free trail. Connected to the car but it was asking me to pay £9.99 for a months use when i tried to make a change

LED headlights retrofitted yaaaaaas :D :)

Attachments

• IMG_20190728_053724.jpg
    IMG_20190728_053724.jpg
    306.9 KB · Views: 257
Reactions: dp_motley, Kayobong and Scotty75