What have you done to your 8V today?

Finally some pics

iRCDLpX.jpg

GUWbI6b.jpg

t7TsoAC.jpg

Reactions: Weeb, Jcbmally, MattSedg and 5 others
I have been looking at those wheels for a while, budget Vossen CVT! What's the quality like? Also looks like you have lowered your car. Just springs or something more exciting? By the way, they look well smart!

Its on AP coilovers...wanted to keep the ride civil on this one...the R32 was on H&R Ultra Lows, which looking at both kits, look like they would have fit the 8v too! R32 was crazy low, static and a daily!

Quality is spot on, I think the rims are discontinued I believe now...these might be up for sale at some point if I decide to try and fit 10.5 all round like my CLS

I think I want to stick with just springs for now, can't decide between H & R, Eibach or VWR. Sure they are all much the same. Ah the days of owning an R32. The S3 will never sound as good!

I think you can still get them, however I might be interested if you were selling them. Do you know the offset of yours and are they 8.5"?

Reactions: Tom.H
I think I want to stick with just springs for now, can't decide between H & R, Eibach or VWR. Sure they are all much the same. Ah the days of owning an R32. The S3 will never sound as good!

I think you can still get them, however I might be interested if you were selling them. Do you know the offset of yours and are they 8.5"?

I wont know if ill be changing them until I take my CLS wheels off and try them on the Audi to see how 10.5's will work and what will need doing for them to go on...ill keep you in mind if things change but wont be for a while yet

Yes these are 8x5 ET45

Probs my try something different to gtech this time, gyeon maybe

Cheers for the offer though :icon thumright:

Here was me thinking of saving ye some money as well.....and ye throw it back in ma coupon.............lol
Gyeon will cost ya in total about £200 bangers....all in.....£70 all in for the gtechniq..............Final offer lol

I wont know if ill be changing them until I take my CLS wheels off and try them on the Audi to see how 10.5's will work and what will need doing for them to go on...ill keep you in mind if things change but wont be for a while yet

Yes these are 8x5 ET45
Thanks for the size info. Are they quite flush with the arches? I'm not keen on the sticky out look! 10.5!! that's some wheel on an S3, would be interested to see if you can get them to fit.

Washed her after almost a month and I was really impressed with the CP Hydro Lite results. The Snowfoam simply didn't want to cling on no matter what and beading afterwards was topclass. Used BH Snowfoam mixed with BH Surfex HD and warm water. Washed her with CarPro Reset and then applied Gyeon Cure followed by a single coat of Fusso99 as well. Overall, pretty chuffed with the results. Pics FYI

Before:

356e37c7868e0b216708cb0d2678553f.heic

After:
14ce7ab5febb2ac75f477dc2bb5bd058.heic

8bb1f6913b0c2db4cb080dd7227a3876.heic

245515e4402aab0930e64b190ff04874.heic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: stote, Ron240, rvtb101 and 7 others
Washed her after almost a month and I was really impressed with the CP Hydro Lite results. The Snowfoam simply didn't want to cling on no matter what and beading afterwards was topclass. Used BH Snowfoam mixed with BH Surfex HD and warm water. Washed her with CarPro Reset and then applied Gyeon Cure followed by a single coat of Fusso99 as well. Overall, pretty chuffed with the results. Pics FYI

Before:

356e37c7868e0b216708cb0d2678553f.heic

After:
14ce7ab5febb2ac75f477dc2bb5bd058.heic

8bb1f6913b0c2db4cb080dd7227a3876.heic

245515e4402aab0930e64b190ff04874.heic

Looking good @Tashfeen Good idea on the mixing snowfoam with Surfex

Reactions: V6_Man
Reactions: Leevr
Well, sad news, but also great news. Engine blew last week from a know Audi retainer clip failing, dropping a valve and the valve spring ending up in the oil pan. Warranty denied as expected (TD1), but now getting a fully built engine made. I'm excited and what I had for the future, just now ses to be that future

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
087a8389e0a72123c5902b61e0863569.jpg
40f527a227f78048da0778e1dbb890df.jpg

Last edited:
Took a vid of the milltek. Shame the car doesn't rev past ~3800rpm .

Reactions: V6_Man and BarryG79
Some people will call me crazy, but I bought fake leather seat covers to cover my rear leather seats and got them installed :D
I'm driving a lot with my dog based on a rear seats, so I don't want new beautiful seats to be damaged from claws, dirt or dog hair. I just can't let my dog jump over those new seats ))) Look how new and beautiful they are, it would be a crime to damage them :D

FOQWICv.jpg

I tried couple of those rear seat protectors for dogs, but I find them pretty impractical in terms of hair cleaning. Also rear passengers have troubles to ride with me with those installed in the back. So I decided to buy rear covers for my leather seats)) I ordered those from Russia and they worth every penny. They cost me 111$ for a whole set of four seats covers, but I only used covers for rear ones. This is a custom fit for A3 8v. So they fit pretty well even in sedan.

pdzEeoY.jpg
KaVwAhR.jpg

sbceTwH.jpg

Had to remove lower rear seat bench and a middle safety belt to install them, but in my opinion they fit nicely. The only issue I found is the absence of a hole for small storage box under rear seats and holes for middle head rest.

I really like how they feel and fit. My seats are now protected from dirt, claws and hair. They can be easily cleaned with wipes and vacuum cleaner with no need to disassemble :) And they don't even look that bad :) My doggo is now happy with her's new seats since they don't move all around :) Also I bought some fake leather floor mats from China to simplify dog hair floor cleaning process. Doesn't fit perfectly, but does the job done :) The car is now Dog-proof :)

AQ9MBuJ.jpg

Reactions: Dunedin, Pook, Jcbmally and 4 others
Some people will call me crazy, but I bought fake leather seat covers to cover my rear leather seats and got them installed :D
I'm driving a lot with my dog based on a rear seats, so I don't want new beautiful seats to be damaged from claws, dirt or dog hair. I just can't let my dog jump over those new seats ))) Look how new and beautiful they are, it would be a crime to damage them :D

FOQWICv.jpg

I tried couple of those rear seat protectors for dogs, but I find them pretty impractical in terms of hair cleaning. Also rear passengers have troubles to ride with me with those installed in the back. So I decided to buy rear covers for my leather seats)) I ordered those from Russia and they worth every penny. They cost me 111$ for a whole set of four seats covers, but I only used covers for rear ones. This is a custom fit for A3 8v. So they fit pretty well even in sedan.

pdzEeoY.jpg
KaVwAhR.jpg

sbceTwH.jpg

Had to remove lower rear seat bench and a middle safety belt to install them, but in my opinion they fit nicely. The only issue I found is the absence of a hole for small storage box under rear seats and holes for middle head rest.

I really like how they feel and fit. My seats are now protected from dirt, claws and hair. They can be easily cleaned with wipes and vacuum cleaner with no need to disassemble :) And they don't even look that bad :) My doggo is now happy with her's new seats since they don't move all around :) Also I bought some fake leather floor mats from China to simplify dog hair floor cleaning process. Doesn't fit perfectly, but does the job done :) The car is now Dog-proof :)

AQ9MBuJ.jpg

That actually not that bad looking....where did you get them from and how much?

I'm been thinking of getting one of these.
Is your the Swivel magnetic holder or the Low-Profile one? Also how long did delivery take?

I have the Swivel magnetic holder and the delivery took 6 days.

ordered it on the 06/06/2018 and arrived yesterday 12/06/2018

Reactions: S3LOK
That actually not that bad looking....where did you get them from and how much?
As I told, git them from Russia with help of my friend. Cost me 110$ for whole set for front and rear seats including headrest covers and armrest. But I used only rear seat covers)
Originally there were made for 8v sportback with regular cloth seats

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Took the tips off to try and clean them up properly and gave her a wash, makes for some nice reflections.

rekiP80.jpg

8xUy13I.jpg

K42r2Gz.jpg

i3Q7mW8.jpg

Reactions: TYb, Jimbob76, Dunedin and 8 others
@Tom.H very nice.. I just tried to get the tips off again, got one off. Can't budge the others what a nightmare they are!

My car is currently on stands as powered the rear exhaust area to blow some air around the valve motors.

@Tom.H very nice.. I just tried to get the tips off again, got one off. Can't budge the others what a nightmare they are!

My car is currently on stands as powered the rear exhaust area to blow some air around the valve motors.

I used a rubber mallet, bit too big really but done the job. Just kept hitting from the back and they came off.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Cleaned up the tips after taking them off earlier, not perfect by any means as they're pitted but 100% better than they were.

Nb2nPpX.jpg

aZQriRZ.jpg

jJQXq73.jpg

5vdBZ04.jpg

qV5wjkq.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jcbmally, V6_Man and 6 others
Cleaned up the tips after taking them off earlier, not perfect by any means as they're pitted but 100% better than they were.

Nb2nPpX.jpg

aZQriRZ.jpg

jJQXq73.jpg

5vdBZ04.jpg

qV5wjkq.jpg
Great work. I see they all have the same part number - interesting as I’ve read they are handed, but obviously not!

Great work. I see they all have the same part number - interesting as I’ve read they are handed, but obviously not!

Nope, 2 x 8V0 253 826C (right hand side) and 2x 8V0 253 825C (left hand side)

My bad...your correct. Thanks :icon thumright:

No worries, shame they're pitted but they still look a lot better than before they were cleaned! Used a mixture of WD40, Autosol, 0000 wire wool and a lot of elbow grease! Will probably give them a coat of GTechniq C5 before they go back on.

Just arrived :) busy weekend!
C7836629 A3BA 4CDC ACD6 B4540FB8AD6B

Reactions: Martinbanshee, Leevr, Jcbmally and 1 other person
Fitted some subtle Quattro decals
20180617 122438 3024x1701

Reactions: Pinky1959, Mylee, Lehn and 2 others
is there a technique for removing the tips , ie twist left right 90 deg then pull etc ?

Had my spoiler fitted yesterday and springs go on tomorrow. Just need to decide on wheels now

c2b15502a24edd2ed4f88de398ce5b81.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: MattSedg and oli356
Recieved these today.
20180620 151554 3024x1701
20180620 151559 3024x1701

Reactions: Pinky1959, Lehn, oli356 and 3 others
Installed a Clearmounts. Took me 5 mins, probably the easy done on my car so far.
35812542 10155893896771312 7706332675295936512 n

Reactions: MattSedg, Paul Gilham and Lehn