What have you done to your 8V today?

012b5adbc138ca8bea52419515265ace.jpg

Took a trip down to Cornwall for a few days during the bank holiday. S3 did a pretty good job on the economy run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Bells, Jcbmally and 5 others
Let's talk about Scotland again so @jassyo06 can join in this time :whistle2:
Beautiful scenery, 99% of the roads are bliss (apart from the one between Aberfoyle and Duchray Castle, think it is B829, was SHOCKING). Excellent places to walk and plenty to keep us outdoor types entertained. Will be going back to Aviemore soon !!!
Loch Katrine

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Dunedin and BarryG79
Finally got my Carbon Seat backs today for my RS3 :hubbahubba:. I will upload a few images once I install them tomorrow.

IMG 1011

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Dunedin, V6_Man and 6 others
@392 its a monster those carbon seat backs. what other goodies do you have on your car or planned?

They do look really nice thanks! I would put them on now if I could but it's way too dark, so I will install them tomorrow. I have been looking at the carbon wing mirrors but cannot find ones with side assist.

The only thing I have done is install the new DR900S-2CH 4K dash cam with the Blackvue battery pack.

I'm planning to install the led strip on the rear door speaks to match the front ones which light up (B&O speaker housing/grill)
and I also might change the rear door puddle lights to match the front ones which say "Audi-Sport"

They do look really nice thanks! I would put them on now if I could but it's way too dark, so I will install them tomorrow. I have been looking at the carbon wing mirrors but cannot find ones with side assist.

The only thing I have done is install the new DR900S-2CH 4K dash cam with the Blackvue battery pack.

I'm planning to install the led strip on the rear door speaks to match the front ones which light up (B&O speaker housing/grill)
and I also might change the rear door puddle lights to match the front ones which say "Audi-Sport"

How easy are the seat backs to take off?

How easy are the seat backs to take off?

Really simple, all you need to use are your finders and it will come off - no tools needed.

Where the red circles are you pull each side towards you, then you will need to slowly push up and then you’ll notice that the top of headrest leather will start to unfold. Use your fingers to unfold the leather out of the seat backs. Once the leather is fully unfolded out you can then push the seat backs UP and OUT.

I will also make a short video to explain how I did it.

IMG 1017 min

Reactions: Schizophonic and Tom.H
Really simple, all you need to use are your finders and it will come off - no tools needed.

Where the red circles are you pull each side towards you, then you will need to slowly push up and then you’ll notice that the top of headrest leather will start to unfold. Use your fingers to unfold the leather out of the seat backs. Once the leather is fully unfolded out you can then push the seat backs UP and OUT.

View attachment 156825

Thanks.
Need to order a new one now

View attachment 156825

Video would be great, something I may consider while I've got it.

IMG 1047 min

IMG 1051 min

IMG 1052 min

IMG 1053 min

Reactions: Matty_, Audi Bairn, Dunedin and 9 others
Video would be great, something I may consider while I've got it.

Would 100% recommend it! The video I will upload on Monday.

I think I'm going to sit in the back more often now :grin:

Reactions: Tom.H
This turned up, be a week or so before have time to fit
9c45304701a456f40bf1dc14fa8191ae.jpg
d7911a381f53d74caacb1a2ba0323315.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Schizophonic, oli356 and 1 other person
I might be alone in not liking the seats :p

Have you got a mirror on the back seats so you can look through the rear view to see them lol?

Reactions: GregS3, Audi Bairn and Weeb
I might be alone in not liking the seats :p

Have you got a mirror on the back seats so you can look through the rear view to see them lol?

I wish! I will just get the Mrs to drive and I will sit in the back

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tom.H, Jcbmally and 3 others
Got car polished, cleaned and covered with qtechniq's ceramic coating - crystal serum ultra and Gtechniq C0 Aerocoat.
MELQkBZ.jpg

JJGQIrk.jpg

qIe5uE8.jpg

Also got interior completely cleaned and leather covered with Gtechniq L1 Leather Guard.)) Now my car shines like a black mirror on a sunlight )))

x1VZavS.jpg

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, MattSedg and 7 others
4 new tyres today, went for Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2’s, not the most expensive but the new tread pattern seems to have good reviews.

The car came with RT 1’s, they’ve lasted me 18k miles, 3 still had 3mm left but one had worn badly on the inner edge, tracking was way out on that 1.

4 new tyres today, went for Dunlop Sport Maxx RT 2’s, not the most expensive but the new tread pattern seems to have good reviews.

The car came with RT 1’s, they’ve lasted me 18k miles, 3 still had 3mm left but one had worn badly on the inner edge, tracking was way out on that 1.
I had Dunlop’s Sport Maxx’s that came with my old A3 when I got it, obviously not in the same league performance wise to an S3 but never had any issues with grip etc in bad weather and lasted 15k miles whilst I had the car with plenty of tread left at trade in.

Reactions: TYb
I had Dunlop’s Sport Maxx’s that came with my old A3 when I got it, obviously not in the same league performance wise to an S3 but never had any issues with grip etc in bad weather etc and lasted 15k miles whilst I had the car with plenty of tread left at trade in.

I was quite happy with the 1’s, never any issues with grip. Mine is 90% on motorways so don’t need to go crazy on rubber. These should last until it’s time for the car to go...

Reactions: Bells
This turned up, be a week or so before have time to fit
9c45304701a456f40bf1dc14fa8191ae.jpg
d7911a381f53d74caacb1a2ba0323315.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

What’s the build quality like? Thinking of getting front splitter, side skirts & rear diffuser from Maxton

Image1
Audi UTR camera installed and working, Very pleased with it!

Reactions: 392, S32B and MattSedg
@S32B I have Matrix Led head lights so the specific template used positioned it lower. Any higher and the camera would interfere with the Light sensor in the mirror housing.

Reactions: S32B
====== Any RS's out there? ======

RS20Straight_zpsfz1qodon.jpg

RS20top20down_zpsx1t13gti.jpg

RS20Straight_zpsfz1qodon.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: MattSedg, Schizophonic, Audi Bairn and 3 others
Got car serviced (oil change service) at Perth Audi on Saturday.
All fairly run of the mill.
Asked them to check the intermittent "play" in the steering wheel (which didn't occur when I was demonstrating to the tech!) but reported that all was normal - will keep an eye and ear on it.
They have a good system for shuttling customers to / from the city centre. They call a taxi (who they have a deal with), give you two vouchers which you hand to the driver for the outward and return journeys. You simply call the taxi when you want to go back to the garage and it's all free.
All set for my road trip next week (in Scotland @jassyo06 lol)

Reactions: BarryG79, MattSedg, Tom.H and 2 others
Got car serviced (oil change service) at Perth Audi on Saturday.
All fairly run of the mill.
Asked them to check the intermittent "play" in the steering wheel (which didn't occur when I was demonstrating to the tech!) but reported that all was normal - will keep an eye and ear on it.
They have a good system for shuttling customers to / from the city centre. They call a taxi (who they have a deal with), give you two vouchers which you hand to the driver for the outward and return journeys. You simply call the taxi when you want to go back to the garage and it's all free.
All set for my road trip next week (in Scotland @jassyo06 lol)
You have a great time scooting roon the heelands lol

Reactions: Jcbmally and Audi Bairn
You have a great time scooting roon the heelands lol

Might even get some pics of the motor somewhere other than my driveway too bud :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: BarryG79, MattSedg, Jcbmally and 1 other person
34408512 10155853931481312 4374219235136634880 n

Finally got the chance seal my wheels today.

Reactions: Pook, Audi Bairn, MattSedg and 2 others