What have you done to your 8V today?

Hit a pothole and both my left side tyres are gone. Moreover, both rims are slightly bent. Attached is the image of the tyres. Lovely, isn't it?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    257 KB · Views: 353
Washed it properly, took a few photos and had a KFC - pretty good for a sunny day in Spring.

Reactions: JonnyS3, Lehn, Jamesey78 and 3 others
Hit a pothole and both my left side tyres are gone. Moreover, both rims are slightly bent. Attached is the image of the tyres. Lovely, isn't it?

Wow! That looks a sore one, sorry to hear that mate.
Have you read the pot hole thread on here?
Hoping you can successfully claim.

Fitted my plate and 2 Pirelli P Zeros today, also gave her a bath.
2bc9faba138bb5285c90ba2697a47d64.jpg

2f8ffa10b5098b109df162ce88b727f6.jpg

Reactions: TYb, Audi Bairn, Jamesey78 and 2 others
(Actually yesterday) I got the BCS res delete pipe but despite ordering the exhaust cutter 3 weeks ago it hadn't arrived. So I thought f*ck it and took the exhaust off instead of trying to cut a 3" pipe with a hacksaw underneath the car. It was actually pretty easy and took me 15 minutes.

So yesterday I drove around town making loud farts and smiling like a teenager after getting laid for the first time, so yah, I'm happy!

IMG 1408 Large

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Tom.H, Jamesey78 and 5 others
 20180327 222744
VWR Springs, 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers, Revo carbon intake, RS7 plugs, Revo engine mounts, Scorpion sports cat/downpipe, Airtec intercooler, Forge boost hoses, Forge turbo muffler delete and GFB diverter valve fitted at SCC Performance, off to MRC tomorrow to make the magic happen!

Reactions: Schizophonic, TYb and GregS3
View attachment 151864
VWR Springs, 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers, Revo carbon intake, RS7 plugs, Revo engine mounts, Scorpion sports cat/downpipe, Airtec intercooler, Forge boost hoses, Forge turbo muffler delete and GFB diverter valve fitted at SCC Performance, off to MRC tomorrow to make the magic happen!
Busy day, lol. is this pic with the 15mm rear spacers on?

Busy day, lol. is this pic with the 15mm rear spacers on?

Yes, that's with the spacers on, I didn't want them coming out too far, just enough to make the arches look less massive.

Reactions: Starry
Extended the Audi Connect service for another year, customer service still doing it FOC. Sent them details via Twitter and should be sorted in next few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ahfh1 and Jassyo06
Put these on today
19x8.5 +45 255-35-19
xatp48.jpg

Reactions: Peksi, Jassyo06, J7USS and 2 others
So since getting my rails, I plastidip them, sprayed them with gloss and then stuck them to my car. Not the perfect flush fitment but thats to be expected from 3rd party. Its really stuck on with the 3m seal. One job complete for the car now.

IMG 20180115 201432 IMG 20180401 134353 IMG 20180403 083223 IMG 20180403 083158

View attachment 151864

What’s the ride like on VWR springs ?

I’m toying with lowering and have read so many conflicting reviews about each brand!

MSS is tempting but maybe too pricey...

What’s the ride like on VWR springs ?

I’m toying with lowering and have read so many conflicting reviews about each brand!

MSS is tempting but maybe too pricey...

Ride is good, haven't really given it much to test it yet though, to be fair. Feels nice and planted around town, off to Anglesey at the weekend, that should give it more of a challenge.

Added an extra 12v socket in my armrest! Perfect so no ugly cables trailing in the front. Sorted
b7370f6ea28a0f58750fcdf86ec85be3.jpg
33892247d0edb0e6d7c52d3b4cb4c772.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Schizophonic and TYb
Waved goodbye to my S3 which I have really enjoyed and loved ........and said hello to my new car. First wash conpleted...Just need some sunshine now

2C4FC4D3 6C8A 4243 9C2E 9ADB6C935308

AA6C71CA AB22 46AF A626 ED9C1AA2024D

Reactions: Leevr, Peksi, S3LOK and 10 others
Put the gloss black Rotors back on.

03bc86526e49988212662094331d5123.jpg

Reactions: Tom.H, NevMan, MattSedg and 3 others
Waved goodbye to my S3 which I have really enjoyed and loved ........and said hello to my new car. First wash conpleted...Just need some sunshine now

View attachment 152725

View attachment 152726

Sexually awesome mate....fantastic looking specimen you've got yerself there.....Ack.....there's only one downside though mate.....am afraid......and that's that God Damn Aweful.....8V RS3.....forum .....main reason a didny get one.....lol

Enjoy.....

Reactions: Chipmunk73, NevMan, MattSedg and 4 others
Put the gloss black Rotors back on.

03bc86526e49988212662094331d5123.jpg

Aye they'll no stay that shiney for long......one a they bolt looks like it's gotta hard on......or as they say up here in Glesgy....a Stawner..........lol

Reactions: Reggieboy71, NevMan, BarryG79 and 1 other person
These finally arrived. I didn't realize until I compared aftermarket vs. stock that the stock unit really has a pretty poor light pattern. It appears to be one amber LED near the inboard edge of the mirror that attempts to diffuse across the lower edge of the mirror. The dynamic indicator is much more vibrant.

Reactions: EmmaJ and jungle650
Well l done Hee....Haw.....Nada,.....Zilch......Sweet.....FA.....to my 8v....cant be ***** with it today,but l done a full machine polish to my Mrs car.....then added some Autoglym Ultra HD wax...........6 hours.....graft .....Its ******* down now and the rain......is petrified of its paint..........................beading is out this world.....lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom.H, EmmaJ and T-800
These finally arrived. I didn't realize until I compared aftermarket vs. stock that the stock unit really has a pretty poor light pattern. It appears to be one amber LED near the inboard edge of the mirror that attempts to diffuse across the lower edge of the mirror. The dynamic indicator is much more vibrant.

Poor buy....this is the thing with cascading/dynamic turn signals/indicators.....for them to look the part/effectiveness....they need a long light/lite... cluster.....lol...pointless on the door mirror= short cluster

Fitted some nice mist windscreen washers to replace those poor jets. 10 minute job and under 20 quid.... happy with the results.:thumbs up:

So did ye get a decent discount and whats the spec options wise...Pano.....??

She’s got a very nice spec thx @jassyo06 ... all the bits that I needed, Roof Rails, Sports Exhaust, Super Sports Seats, extended Leather, LED’s, Pano Roof , B&O, Mag Ride and a few other very nice toys. The main thing I needed was roof rails believe it or not and trying to track down a car with them on was a bit of a mission. Unless I wanted a factory order and 16 week wait.... which I did not. So got a reasonable discount given the spec . There are certainly not massive discounts around unless you get a poverty spec car. I have to say the engine sound and virtual cockpit are fantastic. So far very pleased.

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356, T-800, Tom.H and 1 other person
She’s got a very nice spec thx... all the bits that I needed, Roof Rails, Sports Exhaust, Super Sports Seats, extended Leather, LED’s, Pano Roof , B&O, Mag Ride and a few other nice toys. The engine sound and virtual cockpit are fantastic.
Bet ye yer like a kid at Xmas lol stunning spec..... Factory order by any chance

Bet ye yer like a kid at Xmas lol stunning spec..... Factory order by any chance

Indeed dealer specced car and I have not stopped grinning. Funny how she drives very differenttly, given its from the same stable.

Reactions: Jassyo06
She’s got a very nice spec thx @jassyo06 ... all the bits that I needed, Roof Rails, Sports Exhaust, Super Sports Seats, extended Leather, LED’s, Pano Roof , B&O, Mag Ride and a few other very nice toys. The main thing I needed was roof rails believe it or not and trying to track down a car with them on was a bit of a mission. Unless I wanted a factory order and 16 week wait.... which I did not. So got a reasonable discount given the spec . There are certainly not massive discounts around unless you get a poverty spec car. I have to say the engine sound and virtual cockpit are fantastic. So far very pleased.

Ah the pano roof much the bug bear of the ‘corner too fast and it’ll fall over’ / ‘it seriously slows the car down’ brigade

Open yonder roof then as ye go under a railway bridge in 2nd give her the gas and wonder in amazement at the noise....... watch out for the stick brigade shaking them in anger at you though

Reactions: oli356, Tom.H and jungle650
Indeed dealer specced car and I have not stopped grinning. Funny how she drives very differenttly, given its from the same stable.
Yeah it's feels so much more planted/solid/noisier, the virtual Cockpit is a revalation in its functionality and visululity, steering wheel and stalks are a bit different ?? But overall the facelift... it's far more modern mate

Reactions: T-800 and jungle650
Ah the pano roof much the bug bear of the ‘corner too fast and it’ll fall over’ / ‘it seriously slows the car down’ brigade

Open yonder roof then as ye go under a railway bridge in 2nd give her the gas and wonder in amazement at the noise....... watch out for the stick brigade shaking them in anger at you though

Went through a tunnel 4 times yesterday... giggled like a school girl every time... love it!.... and to think the FL is quieter than the PFL!

Reactions: T-800
Had a cheeky stage 1 remap last week, res delete next week.
F6234898 026A 4E73 90F2 1BAD7B62E495

Reactions: Martinbanshee, jungle650 and Tom.H
Poor buy....this is the thing with cascading/dynamic turn signals/indicators.....for them to look the part/effectiveness....they need a long light/lite... cluster.....lol...pointless on the door mirror= short cluster
The indicator cycle is only so long. You would need to lengthen it or substantially speed up the flow speed to account for a longer LED unit. The OE dynamic turns and the aftermarket wing mirror units are already at the upper end of that limit, making them the ideal length as is.

About to hit 3000 miles
ornod0.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06