What have you done to your 8V today?

Ignore the price but I'm looking to replace a set of my summer typres with an all season for a couple of months and from my existing tyre profile these seem to the the only option.

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/r...ite=10&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=GAN&m_s=3

I've read some reviews and all seem good for this even though I've never heard of them. Anyone got recommendations for 235/35/r19s? I have searched and options are limited btw.
Not sure about those tyres but this website offers new tyres at great rates. Used them recently and couldn't fault the service :) https://www.google.co.uk/aclk?sa=l&...ahUKEwjj1K_rv_rXAhVkBsAKHYa8DkIQ0QwIJA&adurl=

Learnt the perils of black ice last night, skidded off the road and into a bank. Lucky, me and the girlfriend are both okay. The wheel is straight as is the passenger wheel too. Bent something on the drivers side I assume. Will have to wait and see what the garage say in the morning. Stay safe folks!
d1b42fdbdce166acfaa92faee78083e2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Learnt the perils of black ice last night, skidded off the road and into a bank. Lucky, me and the girlfriend are both okay. The wheel is straight as is the passenger wheel too. Bent something on the drivers side I assume. Will have to wait and see what the garage say in the morning. Stay safe folks!
d1b42fdbdce166acfaa92faee78083e2.jpg

Ouch! Main thing is that you both walked away from it, hope she gets fixed up quickly mate.

Reactions: pburv

Damaging your car yourself is something you have to soak up and learn but if someone else hit you at a stupid mistake you kinda loose all hope for others.

Damaging your car yourself is something you have to soak up and learn but if someone else hit you at a stupid mistake you kinda loose all hope for others.
I was only going 10mph. That's the shame....No car can defend against ice!

I was only going 10mph. That's the shame....No car can defend against ice!

Luckily! No one else was around. But 20 minutes later whilst waiting on recovery someone else did the exact same as me but managed to drive away unscathed

Got round to fitting my non valved and non res Milltek in the snow last night. Sound is awesome and just how I wanted it.

Reactions: Dunedin and pburv
My goodies arrived! Also de-badged the car at the weeekend and painted the grill black.... No pics though haha!

Attachments

• 143864FE-3908-4357-8C53-476A3669D905.jpeg
    143864FE-3908-4357-8C53-476A3669D905.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 317
Reactions: Jassyo06, Audi Bairn and Mark_86
Got some bits delivered today. Installed Audi Beam and also these mats. Was gonna go for some cheap ones but im so glad I didn't. Really starting to be impressed with the Audi accessories quality. These mats are really thick and seem really good value. I usually hate rubber mats because of the new rubber smell and the general look. But these are great. Defo recommended.

IMG 0028

Reactions: DeeGee68, Pinky1959, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Got some bits delivered today. Installed Audi Beam and also these mats. Was gonna go for some cheap ones but im so glad I didn't. Really starting to be impressed with the Audi accessories quality. These mats are really thick and seem really good value. I usually hate rubber mats because of the new rubber smell and the general look. But these are great. Defo recommended.

View attachment 144028
I agree with this! I also fitted these to my car and they’re great so far with good grip and will save me from the wet carpet smell :D Just got these plates done too:

Attachments

• 417AD03F-4186-4084-9923-88F109BFB8E3.jpeg
    417AD03F-4186-4084-9923-88F109BFB8E3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 284
Reactions: Jassyo06, Dunedin, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
got a touch of unwanted attention from a pedestrian...typical friday night i guess.
quite funny really

Reactions: Jassyo06
got a touch of unwanted attention from a pedestrian...typical friday night i guess.
quite funny really

You weren't parked in the middle of the road again were you lol

I had an oops moment this morning on my way home from work, no ice on the car, all the roads were fine. Until I got to the roundabout where I live, turned the wheel and the car just slid sideways! Thankfully gripped at the last moment otherwise would have ended up hitting the car waiting to pull away. Drove the rest of the way and had 5 mins to calm down lol

Reactions: Jassyo06, azibux1, Audi Bairn and 1 other person

I had an oops moment this morning on my way home from work, no ice on the car, all the roads were fine. Until I got to the roundabout where I live, turned the wheel and the car just slid sideways! Thankfully gripped at the last moment otherwise would have ended up hitting the car waiting to pull away. Drove the rest of the way and had 5 mins to calm down lol
noooo not in the middle this time ;) although i do wanna get a pic like that with xmas lights everywhere...

i was at some traffic lights and some drunken lass said something about me not being able to drive "it"
like cmon...its a stronic S3, it must be up there at the top with easy cars to go fast in lol

never know where that ice is...we were spinning and sliding on a flat road last night. in a landy defender.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
noooo not in the middle this time ;) although i do wanna get a pic like that with xmas lights everywhere...

i was at some traffic lights and some drunken lass said something about me not being able to drive "it"
like cmon...its a stronic S3, it must be up there at the top with easy cars to go fast in lol

never know where that ice is...we were spinning and sliding on a flat road last night. in a landy defender.

Should have launched it lol

Yeah they're not hard to drive, one pedal for go and one for stop.

Reactions: MattSedg and Audi Bairn
 20171216 134149 New carbon gel plates fitted, not sure about the surround though

Reactions: Ormesome and Audi Bairn

Reactions: Ormesome

You forgot to mention that you also had turn around back home to change yer underwear..... Lol

You forgot to mention that you also had turn around back home to change yer underwear..... Lol

lol thankfully it was on the way home, literally a minute away from home!

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Gave both the boy toys a pre Christmas clean

19C25574 949C 4C94 A21D E573DA4B031B
FBF744DE FEC5 4A27 A8EA 4886BEC2EEAE

Reactions: SPIKE_, Pinky1959, Dunedin and 4 others
Meanwhile while people are cleaning their cars - I went and visited sisters new house (which is still a building site) ....

IMG 2892

I wish I had the patience to clean my car, though equally in this weather I wonder what the point is - it was 5 times worse than that by the time I got home, 2 miles down the road... I had only sprayed it off yesterday. It is lucky to get a sponge and some soapy water, never mind anything more!

I did put the carbon wing mirrors on though a week or two ago, they look better when mucky compared to the chrome ones :)

Reactions: Broonie22, MattSedg, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Meanwhile while people are cleaning their cars - I went and visited sisters new house (which is still a building site) ....

View attachment 144484

I wish I had the patience to clean my car, though equally in this weather I wonder what the point is - it was 5 times worse than that by the time I got home, 2 miles down the road... I had only sprayed it off yesterday. It is lucky to get a sponge and some soapy water, never mind anything more!

I did put the carbon wing mirrors on though a week or two ago, they look better when mucky compared to the chrome ones :)

Looks as though you're living on a building site at the mo, I went to visit my brother the other day in his new place (still building where he's moved to) the roads were brown! I did say to him, remind me not to come and see you if I've cleaned the car (which I need to tomorrow as it's filthy)

Reactions: MattSedg, Jassyo06 and oli356
Looks as though you're living on a building site at the mo, I went to visit my brother the other day in his new place (still building where he's moved to) the roads were brown! I did say to him, remind me not to come and see you if I've cleaned the car (which I need to tomorrow as it's filthy)

Still building where I live too. As soon as I leave my drive the car is filthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom.H
Luckily it is my sisters house and not mine! Though if it isn't that road it is some other road to make it filthy.... oh well. Looks like it gets some use anyway ;) though I do envy peoples photos on here after spending time on them, shinyyyy.

Reactions: Tom.H
I activated alarm chirp and turned off the soundaktor (if that's what you call it) through VCDS.

Need some more VCDS mods but can't find how I do it for what I'm after.

Gave both the boy toys a pre Christmas clean

View attachment 144462 View attachment 144463
I like the floret, don't see many around, plus the mirrors blend in more. That's what I like about the S3, unless you know what to look for people are surprised when you leave them at the lights :p

wow just looked back to the first time I saw it, 2.5 years back!!!! :blink: wow that's gone fast http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/spotters-thread-for-8v-chassis.198762/page-13#post-2509253

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Daveotto
Just got some 19” Audi rotors to go on my s3 facelift. See how it looks for the winter months as the oem are getting in a state with all the salt and grid

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Tom.H
Have her a quick clean today and fitted a replacement front plate and some black Audi rings to compliment the splitter and BE look.
ff7b9bb90dff39948007735a78b88d77.jpg
39fcaf38194c7e6a61e66829d42e6379.jpg
6abffacde5e8b60980253a9cbd57acfa.jpg
00740704615db5e7379a0937bcbd8499.jpg
71cd36da0292fd125ae397f38fc31a77.jpg
7add15837a6493c7931f471399851062.jpg
6208b0ea9db697158dd9fdae0a885dfb.jpg

Reactions: David McQueen, DeeGee68, AL_B and 10 others
Have her a quick clean today and fitted a replacement front plate and some black Audi rings to compliment the splitter and BE look.

Nice work!! What products are you using?

team method effects! we need that on the site :)

can i just recommend a tuffshine tyre brush and some adams tyre cleaner, or apc will do, apart from that handy work pal!

Looking good

Reactions: Mark_86
Nice work!! What products are you using?

I use mostly these guys: https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/

team method effects! we need that on the site :)

can i just recommend a tuffshine tyre brush and some adams tyre cleaner, or apc will do, apart from that handy work pal!

Indeed :) Yes, this was half way through the process, so tyres and trims are all sealed now. Tried to clean the crap off my exhausts, but that's proper baked on now so gonna have to remove them for a decent clean another time.

Looking good

Thanks mate :)

Reactions: Tom.H and MattSedg
Tried to clean the **** off my exhausts, but that's proper baked on now so gonna have to remove them for a decent clean another time

Same here!

Reactions: oli356 and Mark_86
Curbed a F*cking wheel ! Merry Christmas me! Time to get the dremel out.
IMG 3569

Reactions: Dunedin, Broonie22, MattSedg and 2 others