What have you done to your 8V today?

S3 style mirror caps on a budget, 15 quid on halfords paint and chuck them in the oven for a warm. Sorted
82ef241a6577152864247dc5d9980a7a.jpg
fa85f8fe4809dbcb2a9dfeb5fc67f209.jpg
efc5e15fadb3fae69e7f201e9f23a651.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'd love to hear my good wife if I wanted to use the oven for that ha ha!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Lol nice! :D

What temperature was the oven and how long for? (serious question lol)
Left the oven on for 5 minutes to get it warm, so probably 60 degrees? Just left them in for 20 mins to let the paint cure a little so I could refit them

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: azibux1 and Audi Bairn
Picked up this guy from airport today... EMS refused to deliver coz of the size, they said if I don't go pick it up, it will be returned to Germany... WTH... Anyway, had to loose the box to get it fit into the trunk, and found that they wire tied the OE catback adapter to the cat and scratched it the hell up during transport too... :(

Fun begins next week trying to find a shop to do this install... I'd do it myself, but the driveshaft and heatshield off might be a little too much for me so let's see...

HJS Euro 6 200 cells cat downpipe :)
IMG 4248

Reactions: Audi Bairn
That is ****** huge! Very nice!

Oh, 1000th post hehe

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Picked up this guy from airport today... EMS refused to deliver coz of the size, they said if I don't go pick it up, it will be returned to Germany... WTH... Anyway, had to loose the box to get it fit into the trunk, and found that they wire tied the OE catback adapter to the cat and scratched it the hell up during transport too... :(

Fun begins next week trying to find a shop to do this install... I'd do it myself, but the driveshaft and heatshield off might be a little too much for me so let's see...

HJS Euro 6 200 cells cat downpipe :)
View attachment 136162

It's pretty much a front sub-frame drop down to do that. It's possible to do it without but it's a complete ball ache to do it.

It's pretty much a front sub-frame drop down to do that. It's possible to do it without but it's a complete ball ache to do it.

Others done it with the dogbone mount loosen and tilt the engine forward to loose the driveshaft, with the driveshaft pushed to the side and the heatshields removed, there's enough room for the cat to clear, and this is actually the instructions from ElsaWin too. Dropping subframe is not an option for me, alignment and everything, it will be a bigger nightmare than to maneuvering the cat out... Will find out next week LOL

Moved house. Now I'm knackered and my cars filthy!

Reactions: Dunedin, The Kendragon, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
not posted on here in months! Fell out of love with the S3 and let my wife use it.
Well after a tonne of milage later and using it as a bin, I've taken it back but it didn't feel any different to me...

So, I've ordered a Revo decat downpipe, a scorpion non res, non valved cat back ( i like loud!) a Neuspeed Pflo Intake and will see how i feel with that, before finally getting a wagner intercooler and going stage 2!
if it still doesn't tickle my fancy then its certainly time for a new car!

Reactions: Sandra
"Winter Is Coming"

I temporary lowered the suspension by loading it with 18 bags of coal :)

Cl

Reactions: Mark_86
No pics from the outside? Think that the speedboat look would really suit the car :speedboat:
lol no, never thought of the outside pics!!! Ohh hang on....cctv from when I came home:

Low

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Got told by a tipsy land rover fan at a land rover show that S3s after two years burn more oil than fuel.......
Get to f***
Im a big land rover fan but seriously

Reactions: Jassyo06, Dan Halen and Tom.H
Got some new shoes couple of weeks back, cleaned the car this week....
VMR V801 titanium black shadow 19x8.5 et45 235/35/19 with 12mm spacers all round.
DSC_0322_zps1yxhci7h.jpg
DSC_0305_zpsjhe8y17g.jpg
DSC_0333_zpsgq5dq3fo.jpg

Reactions: tele2050, Audi Bairn, PHutch33 and 14 others
Got some new shoes couple of weeks back, cleaned the car this week....
VMR V801 titanium black shadow 19x8.5 et45 235/35/19 with 12mm spacers all round.
DSC_0322_zps1yxhci7h.jpg
DSC_0305_zpsjhe8y17g.jpg
DSC_0333_zpsgq5dq3fo.jpg

8.5x19 et45 + spacers you say? Got some pictures where you can see how much the wheels poke out?

BTW seweet colour choice!

Thought they would poke a lot more tbh. Stock body? I'm asking because I want my wheels to be pretty much flush with the arches and thought 8.5" et45 would poke a little but since you're also having 12mm spacers on the pictures, and if the body is stock, I think 8.5x19" et45 will be the right choice.

Thought they would poke a lot more tbh. Stock body? I'm asking because I want my wheels to be pretty much flush with the arches and thought 8.5" et45 would poke a little but since you're also having 12mm spacers on the pictures, and if the body is stock, I think 8.5x19" et45 will be the right choice.

Yea stock body, i had 16mm spacers on before the 12mm which was wot i neeed for my old wheels, that gave these wheels way to much poke

topped it up with oil, warning light came on when i was driving home, hate that noise and always dread looking at the dash. is that normal? thats twice now since owenership since mach time, did here they like oil

Brake calipers and hubs painted, new oem caliper plates fitted also with the colour change from black to red

Attachments

• DFA41E59-64A2-4A16-A2D5-0B239C0319E9.jpg
    DFA41E59-64A2-4A16-A2D5-0B239C0319E9.jpg
    674.6 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06, Fiddie and 2 others
Got my sound system upgraded.

All JL kit
iFix86
XD500/3vs
CP108LG-W3V3
C3-650

Reactions: MattSedg, Audi Bairn and BillyGiann
Got the HJS downpipe fitted today.. Man.. What a mess.. I went to several shops with the priority of not wanting to drop the subframe for the install, but ended up have to have it drop.. The OE downpipe went out fine with loosen the driveshaft but the HJS cat is bigger than the OE cat and no way in hell could it fit through so finally had to loose the subframe :(

Finally got it fitted with couple other issues, but at the end it's well worth it, car pulls like a truck now even with JB4 on Map 1 only, will see what Map 2 and 6 can do soon... Next thing is Revo turbo blanket, received it in the mail right after I got home from downpipe install, would have been nice if it arrive sooner and have them done together but oh well...

IMG 4358

Reactions: Fiddie and Audi Bairn
Getting it ready to be sold :( put the private reg on retention.

Fitted these, not sure yet so will leave them on but I'm already thinking of taking them off lol

Attachments

• 20170923_155413.jpg
    20170923_155413.jpg
    792.7 KB · Views: 231
  • 20170923_155549.jpg
    20170923_155549.jpg
    753.4 KB · Views: 221
  • 20170923_160120.jpg
    20170923_160120.jpg
    506.6 KB · Views: 220
Got the HJS downpipe fitted today.. Man.. What a mess.. I went to several shops with the priority of not wanting to drop the subframe for the install, but ended up have to have it drop.. The OE downpipe went out fine with loosen the driveshaft but the HJS cat is bigger than the OE cat and no way in hell could it fit through so finally had to loose the subframe :(

Finally got it fitted with couple other issues, but at the end it's well worth it, car pulls like a truck now even with JB4 on Map 1 only, will see what Map 2 and 6 can do soon... Next thing is Revo turbo blanket, received it in the mail right after I got home from downpipe install, would have been nice if it arrive sooner and have them done together but oh well...

View attachment 136843
I feel justified in my initial comment then lol. Glad you got it fitted ok. Looking forward to video clips.

I disconnected the sound aktor. Why I didn't do it sooner I don't know.
Much prefer it!

Oh this does help... will keep it like this whilst I fit the new exhaust and if I like it, I'll take the rest of the interior out.
IMG 20170923 WA0005

Reactions: Fiddie, Audi Bairn and Mark_86
Brake calipers and hubs painted, new oem caliper plates fitted also with the colour change from black to red

Nice job!
I've just done my wifes TT callipers but hesitating over mine purely down to how I tackle the plate.
How does it detach / re-attach and how much do the OEM ones cost mate?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Since it's too wet to wash it, freshened up the interior
74857be19de124cd7d0c280134812f3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Washed it for the first time in two weeks as I’ve been on holiday. In desperate need of some new detailing kit.

4868E276 AB95 4991 ADBE BD0F1323349D

EE6269D1 EC84 4FE7 844E 0A1204ED26DA

Reactions: Audi Bairn, MattSedg and Jimbo10
Details of your process required!!!

Awesome job!
Thanks! :)

Just the usual...wheel cleaner then rinse, snowfoam, jet wash, two bucket method, jet wash then dry ;)

Had it detailed a couple of months back so much easier to maintain now