What have you done to your 8V today?

What an amazing result! Nice one!

Makes you wonder how much profit they must be making on them though lol

yeah couldnt believe it to be honest, but very nice gesture from them. free splitter thankyou very much lol

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
yeah couldnt believe it to be honest, but very nice gesture from them. free splitter thankyou very much lol
Worked out alright after all ha

Reactions: Rob2k68
I was
c9c64b3d980c59e2426eb2239a1b6da0.jpg

It's incredible- better than the gtechniq

♂️

Looks awesome mate . MOHS + ?

Looks awesome mate . MOHS + ?

It's actually just paint correction and only their CanCoat product. The wheels have been ceramic coated tho'.

c19ba70164071be3d793e4b036654e18.jpg

The beading and water displacement/ hydrophobic effects are outstanding!!

47d38c2b2cf7dc27c5be5d8f70ddf12f.jpg

I decided not to go the whole hog on this car with the MOHS+ as it's had the Gyechniq and I have other plans for it. (For AiTP9)

I am 100% happy tho, my detailer knew what I wanted and what my car needed.

310551ce9b4aeecac2d341cbc59eab89.jpg

♂️

Reactions: jungle650, Rob2k68 and AL_B
just ordered the USP s/s filter and finned housing for my DSG :) .....will be done soon :) :)

What are the pros of the S/S filter mate - not seen that before ? Mines booked in for drivetrain fluids change on Friday.

Reactions: PanamaS3
What are the pros of the S/S filter mate - not seen that before ? Mines booked in for drivetrain fluids change on Friday.

Your DSG transmission is equipped with a filter inside a fragile plastic housing. Unfortunately the plastic filter housing becomes brittle over time and often cracks during filter changes which are performed every 40,000 miles. Constructed of billet aluminum, the USP Cool Flow housing is far stronger than the factory plastic housing. Not only is the Cool Flow housing stronger, but it also incorporates cooling fins to cool the DSG fluid as it passes through the filter and housing. Installation is straight forward and requires no special tools. This is a must have for every DSG owner.

The South Side Performance TX Race Series Lifetime DSG Replacement Filter is manufactured using only the highest quality materials. 6061 T6 Billet Aluminum housing with a 100 micron Pleated Stainless Steel Mesh screen for superior filtration. High strength perforated center section and upgraded pressure relief valve to reduce fluid bypass. The SSP TX Race Series replacement filter will ensure proper filtration under the most severe conditions for the lifetime of your car.

Filter Housing Features:
  • CNC'd Billet Aluminum
  • Hard anodized clear for longevity
  • Uses OEM filter and o-ring
  • Limited Lifetime warranty

Stainless Steel Filter Features:
  • Stainless Steel Filter Features:
  • Pleated filter allows for 300% more surface area over the competitions "screen" style.
  • Reduces Bypass Operation for greater filtration
  • Provides Faster Oil Pressure and Start up
  • Reduces Oil pump drag in Higher HP Applications
  • Pleated construction allows for superior strength over competitors "screened style" filter.
    - Lifetime Warranty!

Pictures:
02E305045ALKT-1.JPG

02E305045ALKT-2.JPG

02E305045AL-4.jpg

02E305045AL-5.jpg

Reactions: Jassyo06, jungle650 and Rob2k68
Stage two remap and parts, making 405bhp and 576nm Also rest of the roof wrapped to match the sunroof and macron design spoiler lip fitted

Attachments

• IMG_1913.JPG
    IMG_1913.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 316
  • IMG_2005.JPG
    IMG_2005.JPG
    888.4 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1909.JPG
    IMG_1909.JPG
    998.8 KB · Views: 301
Reactions: robps3 and Rob2k68
Had a couple of hours spare before going out tonight so was not sure about this mod but blue tac them on and like the black better than the chrome so there staying for now. I normally debadge every car I have

Attachments

• 20170603_160409.jpg
    20170603_160409.jpg
    621.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 20170603_160411.jpg
    20170603_160411.jpg
    552.7 KB · Views: 291
  • 20170603_160419.jpg
    20170603_160419.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 283
Reactions: Jassyo06, AL_B and Rob2k68
Stuck this on for GTI International 2017, but thinking about keeping it... representing! :)

View attachment 127381 View attachment 127382
im wanting to put one of the interior frosted stickers in my back window, top center of the sportsback, if its inside through the privacy glass it might not be so in your face? i like subtle stickers..

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and AJ Jacob
IMG 9824

New Powerflex Black series Subframe Bush Insert. Much better

Reactions: Fiddie, AL_B and Rob2k68
This is track one from Powerflex, they do street and track, only went for for track for that added stiffness, launch is so much better,

Reactions: AL_B
Went around to a lot of car dealers yesterday with my mother to look at cars, ended up signing on a 2018 A3 Sportback with the new 1.5 TFSI engine, being delivered in 5 weeks. Quite basic in spec but it has S-tronic, climate control, connectivity pack, rain & light sensor pack, parking sensors and Audi sound system. She got an awesome deal on a private lease from them, most likely because it was the place I got my S3 from and they even remembered the car and such (I also got winter tyre storage and other services through them that so I think they make money on me already). The lease fee including insurance and service (and warranty for 3 years) will add up to less than the diminished value should be if she were to buy it and then sell it in 3 years so she is happy.

Was fun driving around that much, was not that many people out on the roads so could do some spirited driving. Made my 2015 S3 feel a bit dated to be honest, now that they got Car Play and whatnot as standard.

Last edited:
Reactions: robps3, Jassyo06, Tom.H and 2 others
Any difference between them?

No, none that I can tell mate.

Quite like the VWR products I've installed their engine dress up bits oil filter housing, filler cap, dipstick, etc. The TMD was trickier to install need to lubricate the o ring first then insert into the housing nice and square. Emailed the pic of the Revo one to their customer support people it's only been on 9,000 miles.

Reactions: jungle650 and Fiddie
Not to everyone's taste maybe... But I like it :D

Carbon! :wub:

(need to do the door trims still)

20170605 170818

20170605 173209

20170605 170907

Reactions: MattSedg, TYb, Tom.H and 1 other person
got a tracker fitted yesterday, and will be getting a disklok handed down to me soon...

Reactions: Rob2k68 and azibux1
New magnetic track numbers (if you're a designer or know someone who is, overnightprints.com and .uk have them for about $7 us dollars) as well as the ecs catch can. I'll install tomorrow to be ready for Saturday's track day at Buttonwillow.
e24a0b919bd6164c483723948e1aab04.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Soon to be replacing my 034 M/S dogbone mount with this ....

IMG 3991

IMG 3993

Reactions: jungle650 and AL_B
Got my FL OEM reverse camera (with water jet stream) back from the supplier and hooked it all up and all confirmed working. Just need installing.

IMG_20170606_161120.jpg

IMG_20170606_162506_413.jpg

Last edited:
Soon to be replacing my 034 M/S dogbone mount with this ....

View attachment 127822
View attachment 127823

Rob, The looks great. Be careful fitting !

However can you answer a question?? The black part is that solid ( ie hard ) or is flexible foam / soft rubber material?

I was under the impression you still need the dogbone to move slightly. The OEM provides too much movement ( for some people) and thats why they replace with something like the 034 Motorsport version as this reduces ( but still allows movement )

Will this new unit reduce movement to zero for the drivetrain? And if so is this really what is required?

Thx
Jungle

Rob, The looks great. Be careful fitting !

However can you answer a question?? The black part is that solid ( ie hard ) or is flexible foam / soft rubber material?

I was under the impression you still need the dogbone to move slightly. The OEM provides too much movement ( for some people) and thats why they replace with something like the 034 Motorsport version as this reduces ( but still allows movement )

Will this new unit reduce movement to zero for the drivetrain? And if so is this really what is required?

Thx
Jungle

Hi mate,

LoL cheers I’ll let somebody else do this one it’s going in soon for DSG service and new rear diff oil so I’ll get it done then.

It’s not solid the black is polyurethane so they’ll still be some give without the metal to metal contact and hopefully factory noise insulation.

Lots of pics on line of the 034 mount bending at which point it becomes less effective so I’ll give the Revo mount a go. Lots available now some require removal of the subframe and also replace the upper bush but I’m not looking for that just a quick fix ......

IMG 3994

Reactions: jungle650
Hi mate,

LoL cheers I’ll let somebody else do this one it’s going in soon for DSG service and new rear diff oil so I’ll get it done then.

It’s not solid the black is polyurethane so they’ll still be some give without the metal to metal contact and hopefully factory noise insulation.

Lots of pics on line of the 034 mount bending at which point it becomes less effective so I’ll give the Revo mount a go. Lots available now some require removal of the subframe and also replace the upper bush but I’m not looking for that just a quick fix ......

View attachment 127831

Thx Rob... I thought that it must offer some flexibility / movement. Just wanted to clarify. Glad it does.

BTW...That another Revo protoype you got your hands on !?

Reactions: jungle650
@Rob2k68 Rob if Midland VW are doing the work on your car, ask Simon/Jodie/Simon about their experience of the 034 dogbone mount on my old car..they're not big fans to say the least and either am I.
Can't remember if I told you about this when I saw you a while back, it was a very expensive fix which required me to fit a new gearbox- Revo certainly looks alot better in design so looking forward to seeing how you get on with it!

@Rob2k68 Rob if Midland VW are doing the work on your car, ask Simon/Jodie/Simon about their experience of the 034 dogbone mount on my old car..they're not big fans to say the least and either am I.
Can't remember if I told you about this when I saw you a while back, it was a very expensive fix which required me to fit a new gearbox- Revo certainly looks alot better in design so looking forward to seeing how you get on with it!

That’s a bl@@dy expensive fix mate !! I will be sure to ask them. Revo mount is getting positive reviews from what I’ve seen so far and I may even be able to disable my exhaust valves again as it rattles through the cabin currently with the 034 fitted.

Reactions: SJ43
That’s a bl@@dy expensive fix mate !! I will be sure to ask them. Revo mount is getting positive reviews from what I’ve seen so far and I may even be able to disable my exhaust valves again as it rattles through the cabin currently with the 034 fitted.
Certainly was mate, look forward to the results!

Put the ecs catch can on and my track tires back on the car.
26293ab97f2340e5757dc6149c033f99.jpg
9e2eb031a2145c25d7605b5de81c81eb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

DSG service, rear diff oil replaced and Revo pendulum mount fitted gear changes are now noticeably smoother but difficult to say which has contributed most towards this.

Reactions: robps3
IMG 5549
Had lowering springs fitted and new alloys wrapped in Goodyear asymmetric 3

Reactions: CHCCubs and Rob2k68
Gave it a post holiday wash and parked it on the new drive for the first time :)

Dr

Old drive:

cctv-jpg.91279

Reactions: Benji34, Steelster, Mark_86 and 4 others
Fitted my P3cars gauge

Attachments

• 20170609_202922-3024x2268.jpg
    20170609_202922-3024x2268.jpg
    968.9 KB · Views: 237
Reactions: Schizophonic and Rob2k68
I almost bought some of these but was unsure deffo will now, wish you could buy something for the dust magnet that is my centre console haha

It's nowhere near as bad as the Golf R was! Piano black was the worst to keep clean haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk