What have you done to your 8V today?

What month and year is your car? Do you have the tech pack?

I was under the impression this couldn't be done on my car

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hello!

My car is 01/2016. And yes, I have the tech pack

Indeed! Many thanks to @FrA1l3 for taking the plunge.

I have Genuine, fully registered VAG Can Professional + all the available add-on modules should anyone need help :)

hello!, nice to read you.
If you need any additional information do not hesitate to ask me.

best regards!

Reactions: Rob2k68 and OliS3
hello!, nice to read you.
If you need any additional information do not hesitate to ask me.

best regards!
Thanks and thanks a lot for the guide. Excellent work!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Reactions: FrA1l3 and Rob2k68
Is your dealer Edinburgh Audi? If so interested to know what the repair is like as also got a scuffed alloy.

I bought car via Perth Audi and the insurance is with premia solutuions.

The appointed repairer called me today, "Revive".

Q "What colour of paint is required for your wheel sir"

A "The wheel is diamond cut"

Q "OK, silver then?"

I don't think they will be getting to touch my alloy .....

Reactions: pburv, Darroch and Rob2k68
I bought car via Perth Audi and the insurance is with premia solutuions.

The appointed repairer called me today, "Revive".

Q "What colour of paint is required for your wheel sir"

A "The wheel is diamond cut"

Q "OK, silver then?"

I don't think they will be getting to touch my alloy .....

:tearsofjoy: Don't blame you mate!

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Nothing, just walked past it. It's still clean but not turned a wheel for over two months. I wonder why I need it sometimes....

Opposite for me. I use it most days, but haven't cleaned it for about 3 months. Luckily silver never looks too dirty, but the car is disgustingly filthy. Every time I touch it I get black fingertips!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Swapped out the OEM rubber mats for Weathertech mats instead.

Much better protection of the interior especially now in the wintertime. Fits perfectly.

Uten navn 1

Reactions: Jassyo06, Ormesome, Gazjs and 2 others
2017 01 29 190409 2017 01 29 190415

Today is a good day, I finally completed my B&O retrofit to the car with the delayed installation of the 2 rear tweeters, replacement of a broken door loom connector and the retrofit of rear B&O illumination.
It'll take me a while to finish the Definitive B&O retrofit thread as I've got lots to write up but it was all definitely worth it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, Schizophonic, mike260193 and 4 others
View attachment 116147 View attachment 116148

Today is a good day, I finally completed my B&O retrofit to the car with the delayed installation of the 2 rear tweeters, replacement of a broken door loom connector and the retrofit of rear B&O illumination.
It'll take me a while to finish the Definitive B&O retrofit thread as I've got lots to write up but it was all definitely worth it.
Are your backdoor speakers also turning the light on ? Mine came stock and does not turn on the back doors.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, mike260193, BodegaBay and 1 other person
Reactions: BodegaBay
I've a 1.4Tfsi A3 8V. Do you think it worth the money installing this chip?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Depends, have a look on the MTM website and look at the gains that is offered for your car model and you can make that call. You can also look around and see if you can get second hand models which would be quite a bit cheaper!

All the best!

Reactions: galileo634
Not done but received these service parts today! Pollen, fuel and air!
2b0040416c5da91bc0a6365a8ccc2be7.jpg

Roll on the weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jassyo06, Fiddie and Rob2k68
Installed pipercross cars responsiveness seemed to have improved.

8f10d0c1d7b9f70e35628cb66f17c985.jpg

Reactions: Matchman54 and Rob2k68
Installed pipercross cars responsiveness seemed to have improved.

8f10d0c1d7b9f70e35628cb66f17c985.jpg
AJ wot tools do u need to get the airbox open .Not sure of the type / size of the bolts. is it as simple as undoing them to get the old filter out?

AJ wot tools do u need to get the airbox open .Not sure of the type / size of the bolts. is it as simple as undoingthem to gert the old filter out?

No tools needed just unbolt it and install I used T5 6 star screw(if i remember correctly). Also if you are going to do it take out the snow grate grill underneath will help it breath better.

No tools needed just unbolt it and install I used T5 6 star screw(if i remember correctly). Also if you are going to do it take out the snow grate grill underneath will help it breath better.
ok thank you

Done nothing to it, still hasn't been used in months.................

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
Not sure really...got 341 bhp ( I was expecting more bhp) and 494 NM ( even though MTM says max 450!

I've had massively varying power figures from two dynos so I wouldn't take them too serious as long as you're enjoying the butt dyno!

Savage amount of torque though I'm at a similar number with stage 2 remap.

Is that AMD in Essex? Had my R32 dyno'd there and it came out near on 270bho iirc, completely standard as well so I think their rollers may be a little generous, either that or VW are conservative with their figures.

Is that AMD in Essex? Had my R32 dyno'd there and it came out near on 270bho iirc, completely standard as well so I think their rollers may be a little generous, either that or VW are conservative with their figures.

Yea AMD Essex, unfortunately blew one tyre in the dyno process as well. But they didn't bother doing another run after I bought another tyre .

I wasn't that confident about the figures tbh, I might head down to Kim at QS soon.

Reactions: Tom.H and Rob2k68
Surrey rolling road is supposed to be pretty good as well.

Finally had time to mess with the new car:

DVR for Dual Channel Dashcam installed / hardwired (GPS unit in side panel):
FullSizeRender 2 squashed 2
Tapped the Cig Lighter fuse. Will be mounting on the roof of the compartment once I have worked out how to cut a new hole closer to the top.

Modified front Camera unit so I could mount to the side of the mirror mount, and also attached a magnetic CPL filter:
FullSizeRender squashed
Modified the trim with a dremel so I could pass the camera cable through and up to the headlining. Did not take any pictures of the rear camera but its stuck to the bottom of the 3rd brake light and the cable run through the headlining.

Black PlastiDip Dipstick:
FullSizeRender 3 squashed

Black PlastiDip Washer Cap:
FullSizeRender 4 squashed

Audi Rubbish Bin, gift from collection day thingy:
IMG 6008 squashed

Audi Seatback Protector and Active / Hardwired Nextbase iPad mount:
IMG 6010 squashed

Reactions: AJ Jacob, Jassyo06, TimWills28 and 1 other person
Got the car back from having a Sachs 4 paddle clutch kit fitted, needs breaking in and then the fun begins after going Revo stage 2 high torque file. It's a little firmer than stock but just need to get used to it.

Got another stone chip, second one in 15 months, being replaced on Wednesday morning. This car is a minor damage magnet....bumper scrape while parked, 3 scuffed alloys, door ding and several stone chip repairs...grrrrr

Got another stone chip, second one in 15 months, being replaced on Wednesday morning. This car is a minor damage magnet....bumper scrape while parked, 3 scuffed alloys, door ding and several stone chip repairs...grrrrr
View attachment 116655

**** sake mate....not had any luck with yer car have ya, well if its a consolation me neither mate deep ding repaired on passenger,looked like a bullet hole on the passenger door car was just a month old most likely a Air Rifle,l marked a alloy just by taking my eye off the road driving on a Back road on a dark winters morning going to work...my windscreen is a mess as is the bonnet and bumper....with tiny stone chips....l have been hit full on by oncoming speeding grit lorries 3 times in succession in the past 3 weeks,l am actually contemplating ****** my own windscreen to a get new yin its that bad....l could never sell this thing privately now without getting the bonnet and bumper resprayed

Ps ...and l was stupid enough to buy Swisswax Seal Feed at £54 bangers just to make the exterior rubber seals look new *** l must need my ****** head examined,its almost 2 years old now l cant ****** wait to get rid of it....bit of a Jonah my car has been plus the fact l have never liked driving it

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe4842, pburv, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
**** sake mate....not had any luck with yer car have ya, well if its a consolation me neither mate deep ding repaired on passenger,looked like a bullet hole on the passenger door car was just a month old most likely a Air Rifle,l marked a alloy just by taking my eye off the road driving on a Back road on a dark winters morning going to work...my windscreen is a mess as is the bonnet and bumper....with tiny stone chips....l have been hit full on by oncoming speeding grit lorries 3 times in succession in the past 3 weeks,l am actually contemplating ****** my own windscreen to a get new yin its that bad....l could never sell this thing privately now without getting the bonnet and bumper resprayed

Ps ...and l was stupid enough to buy Swisswax Seal Feed at £54 bangers just to make the exterior rubber seals look new *** l must need my ****** head examined,its almost 2 years old now l cant ****** wait to get rid of it....bit of a Jonah my car has been plus the fact l have never liked driving it

Caught a raw nerve with that one!!!....but feel for you mate.

Some cars are just prone to it, my 2.0TDI which I had for 18 months had just one small self repaired stone chip on the bonnet when I sold it...go figure ?

Reactions: pburv, Rob2k68 and Jassyo06