What have you done to your 8V today?

Tempted by splitter - might have to get a Carbon one! And perhaps the grille if they do a black optic version. Easy job?

They have a carbon fibre front splitter at Xenonz UK but that's only for saloons
I was enquiring about it a while ago I wanted to see if I could modify the fit of that spitter onto my hatchback, but I have it up the end as I didn't know where to even begin!

If you have any ideas batch, please share!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: batch
Carbon goodies are on

Attachments

• IMG_4516.JPG
    IMG_4516.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 407
  • IMG_4514.JPG
    IMG_4514.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 459
  • IMG_4513.JPG
    IMG_4513.JPG
    904 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_4512.JPG
    IMG_4512.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 452
Reactions: S3 Turbo, J6YAK, SJ43 and 11 others
Carbon goodies are on

wow!! Very nice Chris!!
Did you get these from the group buy on the forum? Do you know if these are available for 3 door?

Reactions: pburv
wow!! Very nice Chris!!
Did you get these from the group buy on the forum? Do you know if these are available for 3 door?

Cheers, they look brilliant this morning with the sun bouncing off :)

Yeah it was the group buy on here, shipped from Hong Kong Monday so amazed how quickly they turned up. Unsure on the 3 door, i've not seen the thread for that one.

Reactions: SJ43, pburv and Rob2k68
Replaced my rear brake caliper and since I was off anyway .....
.... took it on a dyno.

Reactions: S3 Turbo, SJ43, pburv and 2 others
Look what mr postman brought for me today, can't wait to fit this and my intake on Sunday

Attachments

• IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 327
Reactions: S3 Turbo, SJ43, pburv and 4 others
Wheels are spinning up on the dyno - Haldex pump repair kit ordered.

Becoming an expensive week !!!

Reactions: SJ43, MikeParkin, azibux1 and 5 others
Replaced my rear brake caliper and since I was off anyway .....
.... took it on a dyno.
Missed this one Rob!....Thought you had it planned for Friday?

Reactions: Rob2k68
Wheels are spinning up on the dyno - Haldex pump repair kit ordered.

Becoming an expensive week !!!
Oh! :concern:......Bit of an anti climax.......
Still Sunday to look forward to though....:yes: (every cloud has a silver lining)...lol
What's the prob Rob?

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Oh! :concern:......Bit of an anti climax.......
Still Sunday to look forward to though....:yes: (every cloud has a silver lining)...lol
What's the prob Rob?

I've suspected the Haldex wasn't quite right for some time mate (shouldn't get the traction control light flashing in fifth!!) so at least it'll hopefully be sorted tomorrow. Not sure exactly what's involved but there's a repair kit available. Need to wash it as well before then - can see me being in negative equity of brownie points !!

Reactions: Jassyo06, SJ43, pburv and 3 others
I've suspected the Haldex wasn't quite right for some time mate (shouldn't get the traction control light flashing in fifth!!) so at least it'll hopefully be sorted tomorrow. Not sure exactly what's involved but there's a repair kit available. Need to wash it as well before then - can see me being in negative equity of brownie points !!

If anyone can Inspector Gadget can......................looking forward to seeing the end result mate ;)

..............still love to know how you manage to hoodwink the missus with all this kit rolling in!! lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, SJ43 and 3 others

Sort to hear that mate. I'm going to try and get mine in haha

Reactions: pburv and Rob2k68
Hopefully got my 4WD issues sorted (it's being worked upon right now) and then round 2 of this .....
IMG 1300

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Fiddie, Bristle Hound and 5 others
69e4e645741b108073e21de77189e7f3.jpg

Little bit of interior love today with Auto Finesse Spritz. Great product, leaves a lovely fresh factory finish on interior surfaces :)

Reactions: Mynameisluke88, S3 Turbo, Jassyo06 and 3 others
Finally got it booked in to have a new headlight and wing fitted.

Was a little worried after starting the car up and it seemed that all my electrics had reset?

The climate control was down at 19, fan was full tilt and the auto setting was off....

Could this perhaps have been due to water getting in through the smashed headlight?

Regardless it's in the garage now to be fixed and I'm rocking about in a new Vauxhall Astra GTC.
It's not that bad really.... but it is indeed GUTLESS.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Simon L
69e4e645741b108073e21de77189e7f3.jpg

Little bit of interior love today with Auto Finesse Spritz. Great product, leaves a lovely fresh factory finish on interior surfaces :)

Smoke, Rockets and what on the buttons??? :)

Reactions: S3 Turbo, pburv, Simon L and 1 other person

.................nevermind the buttons am more concerned what's danglin down from the steering wheel??

You don't do ribbon dancing in yer spare time do you Ryan??!! lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 2 others
.................nevermind the buttons am more concerned what's danglin down from the steering wheel??

images
That's exactly what I was thinking....lol

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, Alli_RR and 3 others

Just some little **** take stickers to liven up the blanks a little

And yeah, I've been doing ribbon dancing for about 6 years now Just kidding, it's just a lanyard

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, S32B and 3 others
Just some little **** take stickers to liven up the blanks a little

And yeah, I've been doing ribbon dancing for about 6 years now Just kidding, it's just a lanyard

Pheew! Got us all worried for a minute Ryan.....:friends:

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Are those stickers just clear overlays or black? I've been trying to figure out a solution (this sticker idea would work great) for using one of my button blank's for my bilstein b16 race control coilover race/comfort switch. Just want a sticker with a coilover on it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

My job for tommorow consists of

Cts turbo inlet pipe

Full mqb revo carbon intake

Revo turbo muffler delete

Jolly good clean inside and out

Few beers after !!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_2477.JPG
    IMG_2477.JPG
    737.6 KB · Views: 274
Reactions: S3 Turbo, Fiddie, Jassyo06 and 7 others
Tempted by splitter - might have to get a Carbon one! And perhaps the grille if they do a black optic version. Easy job?
They don't do real carbon for this splitter @batch the grille quality is perfect and they do a black optics version, fitting however is a ****!! Bumper off and remove the grille from the inside, sounds easy but the plastic clips are a nightmare!! Good luck

Reactions: S3 Turbo, batch, pburv and 1 other person
Got these real carbon inlays fitted this week, well happy with them!!

Reactions: S3 Turbo, Fiddie, Daveotto and 5 others
They don't do real carbon for this splitter @batch the grille quality is perfect and they do a black optics version, fitting however is a ****!! Bumper off and remove the grille from the inside, sounds easy but the plastic clips are a nightmare!! Good luck
did it last year on my 8P, those clips....never cursed so much

Reactions: Jassyo06, batch, Simon L and 3 others
gave the s3 a good thrashing lastnight.
I found that at 120mph the clutch is starting to slip.
it may have slipped around 70 and 80 too but it was defiantly there at the higher speed.

eased off and then back up to 155+ and it was OK.
I'm running a dtuk fsr + on 3+3 at the moment and 1+3 kept killing boost sensors.
I really didn't think it would have enough torque to be slipping a clutch at those sorta speeds.

so if the clutch does crap itself, what clutch kits out there are top ? I plan on taking the dtuk box off again, but then I plan to be going tte525r in due course, so I want a clutch kit that'll hold up for that also.

also
now for a few weeks I've had a suspension knock from the osf. it's still on oe suspension so I'll get it in to have it sorted soon.
but I've found that it's handling has gone rather sloppy. I have to almost force it to stay in Lane, and be careful on the twisties and bends. it's almost as if I have super gash tyres and highly over inflated and driving on grease at times.

can the smallest of things, I suspect a worn bush, cause such a drastic affect on the handling?

(I actually have michelin ps4 fitted at the moment all round, in good condition.)

Reactions: S3 Turbo and Rob2k68
Finally got round to the upgrades today..
Not a good idea with a stinking hangover, but persevered and it sounds awesome.

Definitely notice the added grunt, I was surprised by how restrictive the oem turbo inlet was compared to the cts one.

So all installed, new turbo inlet, turbo muffler delete and revo intake.

Attachments

• IMG_2481.JPG
    IMG_2481.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_2482.JPG
    IMG_2482.JPG
    816.5 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_2485.JPG
    IMG_2485.JPG
    906.4 KB · Views: 294
Reactions: S3 Turbo, Chris E, pburv and 4 others

Definitely notice the added grunt, I was surprised by how restrictive the oem turbo inlet was compared to the cts one.

Good work - looks fab !!

Cheers @Rob2k68..where did you get your revo decals for the engine bay or are they actual plastic replacement parts..

Cheers

have you removed the restrictive grate under the air filter?

Reactions: Brasso, pburv and Rob2k68
Cheers @Rob2k68..where did you get your revo decals for the engine bay or are they actual plastic replacement parts..

Cheers

Just decals mate. Can't remember if any came with various stuff or it was show goody bags to be honest - probably the latter thinking about it as I've also got a t-shirt from a monster goody bag from an Edition 38 show.

No I didn't know you had too or could, I just changed the paper filter for the revo one as per instructions
have you removed the restrictive grate under the air filter?