What have you done to your 8V today?

Maybe a pre wash solution instead then? I'm in an apartment so no tap = no pressure washer = no lance :crying:

no excuse.
100 meter hose pipes are available to buy ;) lol.

the gilmore Foam Master is a nice piece of kit, but again, requires a hose / tap.

there are hand sprays that will work with a foam, but its just not ideal. you have to use what ever is available to yourself.

no excuse.
100 meter hose pipes are available to buy ;) lol.

the gilmore Foam Master is a nice piece of kit, but again, requires a hose / tap.

there are hand sprays that will work with a foam, but its just not ideal. you have to use what ever is available to yourself.

There is a 'show home' on the estate with a garden tap that I sometimes fill buckets with.. Could be a goer.. ;)

Using shampoo now, not the best but I'm sure I'll find something!

Was looking around today, and I was I surprised to see the Isofix socket was painted Sepang Blue. I had already noted that the storage net hooks were blue.

Nice touches I didn't expect.

Looks good. How did you find your first use?

Was expecting it to be pain to set the right nozzle opening and flow rate but set both of them to the mid point and that seemed pretty perfect so took about 30 seconds to set up and off I went

Reactions: Gazjs
good wash yesterday with snow foam, 2BM wash, clay mitt and then drying towel with quick detailer. Today had to drive 50 miles to pick daughter up and bring her home from Crieff to Glasgow. End result - car dirtier than before yesterday's wash :( - quick trip to Morrisons for jet wash (no brushes involved obviously). Lad filling up his Golf shouted over "nice brief there mate" - turns out his brother has a car hire business and he always asks for an S3 saloon…I said Simon L. would approve but i need the hatchback for my road bike :) - end result is car looks OK again !

Reactions: SW14NY'S
Bought a CRD3+ from Simon at DTUK... Don't tell the Mrs!
Should be here tomorrow morning.. the drive home from work's gonna be fuuuuuuun :whistle2:

Reactions: RO65ERS
Nice clean and shorter front plate on

Reactions: AndyB-S3, Fiddie, Max-Robbo and 2 others
Was looking around today, and I was I surprised to see the Isofix socket was painted Sepang Blue. I had already noted that the storage net hooks were blue.

Nice touches I didn't expect.

View attachment 86594
All part of the cars chassis, so painted all at the same time :)

Reactions: Gazjs
f***ing f**k
IMG 20160404 180942

getting it repaired, anyone had any experience with those alloygators...

Ouch!

I was doing research on the Alloygators. They seem to do the job, but they are quite expensive at over £100 fitted.
2 week old wheels, they're probably going to be worth the investment..

Think my Dad has them fitted to keep the mother from doing any damage :whistle2:, might go have a look at them

new wheels this week! ditching the 10 spoke "Sports"
Photo Apr 02 2 33 49 PM copy

Reactions: Max-Robbo and GSB
Ouch!

I was doing research on the Alloygators. They seem to do the job, but they are quite expensive at over £100 fitted.

Are they not just fitted by popping the bead and putting them between the rim and tyre, then inflating again? ...

I'm tempted to get some myself.

Reactions: SW14NY'S
looked into these alloygators a little more, wheel doesn't need to be popped off the bead.

also quoted from their site
"
Can we get club discounts?

If your club secretary contacts us we can look at offering club promotions and discounts depending on volume, contact us via our Sales Enquiry Form for further information."

Drove it for the first time since January the 6th. Really pushed the boat out and went to Tesco !

Reactions: Tony1982
I've read lots of reports where one end will come loose and then it'll whip round getting roughed up by the road surface and then rub paint off the wheel arch.

I've read lots of reports where one end will come loose and then it'll whip round getting roughed up by the road surface and then rub paint off the wheel arch.

this could be why they are now supplied with "glue"...but this could still be a concern.

I've had alloy gators, now they were fitted by the tyre place i got them (think I paid £98) and seemed to be fitted correctly so I take no responsibility for what happened with them! The front 2 kept coming loose, not to the point that they whipped round and scratched the car but to the point that you would either here them in the wind turbulence noise (very annoying) or you would park up and notice it sticking out about 2 cm like you'd pulled it out. I binned them after one of them came off completely, i heard it start to make the noise whisping in the wind then a sudden whip and it was gone, no damage to the paint work thankfully. Not recommended from me to be honest, and they looked poo as well, just ruined the look of the wheels even though they were very discreet. My winter tyres have a whopping rim protector, they are Vredesteins, I believe Pirelli P-zero's (summer) have a pretty hefty rim protector too, I'll be looking to change to them when my summers are finished.

Just put £100 to one side just in case you scuff a wheel!

Good idea, seeing as when you do scuff or scrape along a kirb the alloy gator will be ruined and you will just have to shell out for a new set.

Good idea, seeing as when you do scuff or scrape along a kirb the alloy gator will be ruined and you will just have to shell out for a new set.

I think you can "shave" them back to a new appearance.

Dosent sound like they would be worthwhile though.

I was comparing these to taken out the alloy insurance. I just took out the insurance in the end.

I think you can "shave" them back to a new appearance.

Dosent sound like they would be worthwhile though.

I was comparing these to taken out the alloy insurance. I just took out the insurance in the end.

Yeah I guess it depends how hard/badly you hit?! I've never bothered with insurance but when you weigh it up it seems logically worth while, I tend to just drive/park like a boss now (magic force field) ;) and my mrs knows to just stay away from kerbs at all costs on her rare opportunities to drive my car. To be honest our S3 is the first car we've had that we haven't kerbed and it's now 1 yr old, I think it's because it's the most expensive car we've bought and are more careful.... Or lucky!

Last edited:
just drove my car for the first time since 18th January....ecstatic to pick it up....hid a cheeky little full valet in the insurance quote....and then I noticed that they had installed a chrome/grey front grill on my car instead of the (correct) black chrome one.....d'oh! so back again in a week to fit it....and in the meantime i'm driving around butt neckid B&O full volume...

Reactions: Martinbanshee, AndyB-S3, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Car back from having the MMI cradle/mechanism replaced from the dealers for being creaking when going up/down. Happy days!

Car back from having the MMI cradle/mechanism replaced from the dealers for being creaking when going up/down. Happy days!
I think I have this problem!

On another note, can Audi be funny if you turn up with aftermarket wheels?

I dont think they can as the issue is not linking with aftermarket wheels. They tried to get me to neck the cost (£700 off quid!) and I wasn't having any of it. I thought it just needed a good grease but they said it needs to be changed.

Take it in and see what they say!

Someone didn't move my coat and sat on it and the result as you can see isn't good. Annoyed isn't the word. I'm banning passengers from now on

2f37ef54349c46e65b5eaf93e89e6f10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

not good @OliS3 !

they mark so easily, so i never have anyone in the back!

Reactions: OliS3
Someone didn't move my coat and sat on it and the result as you can see isn't good. Annoyed isn't the word. I'm banning passengers from now on

2f37ef54349c46e65b5eaf93e89e6f10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Ouch feel for you mate, it's bad enough if you do it yourself...but for someone else to do it!!!

I had a few light ones on my passengers seat from my wife's toggle on her coat (I've cut it off now :p) Gliptones brought it out...worth a try!?! You can see a test I did on my drivers seat when I first got the cleaner, it took the top dirt/shine layer off http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/gliptone-leather-cleaner-conditioner-gt12-gt11.263465/

Might have to get some of this glipstones stuff u mention, I have a light scratch on my centre arm rest :(