What have you done to your 8V today?

Matthew, is you plate like a colour blind test? If it is then I've passed as I can still make it out lol :D

To prove it without giving the colourblind people your reg ;) It was taxed on 19 January 2015

Matthew, is you plate like a colour blind test? If it is then I've passed as I can still make it out lol :D

To prove it without giving the colourblind people your reg ;) It was taxed on 19 January 2015

Hahaha! I just try blur it a bit... Crap with photo stuff. I'll try better next time, give you a harder test!

But I taxed it 16/09/2015 so may not be up to date on DVLA... Hey-ho.

Applied Jet Seal from head to toe ........

Reactions: slayaz, Simon L and Jassyo06
Cleaned it on probably the best Sunday before the winter

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Simon L
sorry - no pics - phone playing up. Anyway, the S3 SB got snow foamed, rinsed, two bucket wash with Wo Wo mitt, dried with Wo Wo drying towel (fantastic absorption) - that's all. Leaving Gtechniq coatings to do their stuff on top of Xpel Ultimate paint protection film. I did treat the tailpipes to a couple of coats of FK1000P high temp sealant so will see if that makes the soot easier to remove.

BTW, is it just me imagining it or does the soot really only show up in large amounts on the pipes after the car has been in dynamic mode ?

Hey sixbellies :)

Soot definitely builds up quicker when your blasting it in dynamic but you don't need any fancy sealants. I just wipe mine with a cloth every few days, takes about 30 seconds and they look like new every time!! ;)

Reactions: sixlargebeers
hey Simon, less of the sixbellies chat :tonguewink:LOL ! They're coming my way at some point I'm sure (thanks to the six large beers) but that ain't my moniker - yet ha ha.
Yeah - I have used cheapo baby wipes on the pipes after every drive so far......trying to avoid a build up.....as for the fancy sealants, they've been in my shed for long enough so might as well use 'em :smiley:

Reactions: Simon L
Fair enough mate, sixlargebeers it is ..........shame I kinda liked sixbellies! lol

If you wanna slap some sealant on, fill yer booties up but I think we're both agreed it isn't gonna make them any easier to keep clean ;) (not trying to be a smartass honest!)

Reactions: FBF01 and sixlargebeers
Switched out standard fogs for some white ones courtesy of Trups, looks so much better now. Although one question for anyone else who has done this. After clipping the outer casing back on, how tight is the casing meant to be against the fog light lens. There is about a 5mm gap on mine. But cant remember if it was like this before I took it off.

ha ha - yup i agree Simon - no substitute for hard work as in all things in life :grinning: - i will keep buying the baby wipes...hoping the sealant might make it a bit easier to remove the crud. Could be kidding myself i know.....but hey i need to use it so what the heck !!

Yesterday spent about 2 hours waxing, buffing and preening..............then I decided to clean the car ;)

Looking at the weather today I'm kinda wondering why I bothered tbh!!

Reactions: FBF01, AndyB-S3, Jassyo06 and 2 others
Spent my lunchbreak looking for clutches...:( Doesn't look good for being covered under warranty!

Will find out for defo after work today. But to say I am severely disappointed with my car & the quality of Audi parts is an understatement. :sob:

What did I do to my 8V today?

I looked at it and as it was raining and it was clean we went out in the wife's Mini.

Reactions: Simon L and Rob2k68
Yesterday spent about 2 hours waxing, buffing and preening..............then I decided to clean the car ;)

Looking at the weather today I'm kinda wondering why I bothered tbh!!

Ah....short reward for too much effort mate,l will just let the rain wash my car this week can't be *****
But it's good you still look after yerself well in your autumnal years lol

With jassy it just comes natural lol

Ah....short reward for too much effort mate,l will just let the rain wash my car this week can't be *****
But it's good you still look after yerself well in your autumnal years lol

With jassy it just comes natural lol

Autumnal years my a*se!! Haha, love it mate :)

Just realised you managed to put a coherent sentence together there............obviously a 'pre-beer post' ;)

Reactions: Jassyo06 and AndyB-S3
Autumnal years my a*se!! Haha, love it mate :)

Just realised you managed to put a coherent sentence together there............obviously a 'pre-beer post' ;)
It's a Monday!!gotta sober up now and again lol

Washed and waxed and took a trip to AudiMarquee Day at Coffee and Cars in Los Angeles.

a28f7f8b6532ac278b758c9d5594fd42.jpg

Reactions: slayaz, Martinbanshee, FBF01 and 4 others
Just finished painting the hubs on my car in Silver Smooth. Took about 2 hours for each side, with all the prep work and painting and looks 100% better. I've yet to drive the car around to let the pads level off the paint on the disc edge. Knackered now lol, I'll post pics some other time!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Not so much done to it, more of a done for it lol, I've just booked it a holiday to Ardheslaig :)

Figured out why my right side exhaust hung down further than my left side.....
Uploadfromtaptalk1444578675114

Uploadfromtaptalk1444578720769

Reactions: Rob2k68
Unless you are keen on diy, I would pay a Bodyshop to fit it.

Nothing is particularly taxing, the hardest part is removing the original grill from the bumper without breaking any of the plastic tabs.

I got as far as jacking the car up on jack stands removing the front wheels and taking off the front bumper before I had enough and drove the car to a fitter, wishing I had just done that in the first place.

The money I spent on jack stands and torx drivers could have paid for the fitting. If you have these already then give it a go.

There are a few guides on the forum on what you need to do.

The RS3 badge just clips on and off. I wasn't keen on the Quattro writing or separate grill surround, think it makes the grill a bit busy/messy.

Oh and you will want to spray paint the crash bar black, I used some of this >

40b4fb42f98403a4ee35d04d9ba4bc92.jpg

which matched the rest of the body work. Don't brush it on, it will look like crap and brush marks will show through the grill.

Last edited:
Reactions: FBF01
As I said last Thursday I painted the hubs on my car in Smooth Silver. The rear pads are slowly scrubbing off some of the excess paint on the outer disc edge!. They look SOOOOOO much better than seeing all that unsightly rust!

Some other time I'll do the callipers in the Silver as well

Couple of pics, front and rear

Attachments

• 01Front disc.jpg
    01Front disc.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 241
  • 02Rear disc.jpg
    02Rear disc.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 237
Last edited:
Reactions: Martinbanshee and Jassyo06
Picked up my new S3 a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly giving it the full Gtechniq treatment...more pics to follow.
image_zpssyo3pa4a.jpeg

image_zpsg3rzpiyv.jpg

image_zpsawxdn0ya.jpeg

image_zpswubxqlrd.jpeg

image_zpsxf5myewe.jpeg

image_zpsaqouqufi.jpeg
image_zps36lbau7n.jpeg

image_zpsxo3ktmbp.jpeg

image_zpsbxc80xul.jpeg

Reactions: Jassyo06, Fiddie, Martinbanshee and 5 others
What did you use on the tailpipes?

Although I too am interested to know as I'm always interested in what different people are using, I just want to point out that this car is a couple of weeks old, so the pipes will look as fresh as the day they were made with little more than a wet rag ;)

Picked up my new S3 a couple weeks ago. I'm slowly giving it the full Gtechniq treatment...more pics to follow.
image_zpssyo3pa4a.jpeg

image_zpsg3rzpiyv.jpg

image_zpsawxdn0ya.jpeg

image_zpswubxqlrd.jpeg

image_zpsxf5myewe.jpeg

image_zpsaqouqufi.jpeg
image_zps36lbau7n.jpeg

image_zpsxo3ktmbp.jpeg

image_zpsbxc80xul.jpeg

I'm a sucker for shiny pipes, lovely work!!

Make sure you keep em like that...........I'll be watching ;)

Reactions: Blackwhite
Got these bad boys delivered yesterday........................foam-tastic!! It was like xmas on my drive this morning :)

51-x0B20%2BsL._SY300_.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68
Although I too am interested to know as I'm always interested in what different people are using, I just want to point out that this car is a couple of weeks old, so the pipes will look as fresh as the day they were made with little more than a wet rag ;)
Although the car is a couple of weeks old there was still a fair amount of stubborn build up, more noticeable underneath and on the inner two pipes. I wish I had taken some before pics now.
Normal car shampoo to start with
Clay bar
Liquid brasso (not my first choice of product but I'm now a convert, it simply dissolves any remaining baked on carbon)
Gtechniq panel wipe
Gtechniq C1 (C4 and C5 are exactly the same)

Changed my black tips to Crome for a chsnge

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant, AndyB-S3 and Rob2k68