What have you done to your 8V today?

Got it's 1st service. 20k since getting it at the end of May shows it must be a nice car to drive :)

Reactions: phil1824
Drive to glasgow on Friday night, passed my first gritter :dejection::aggressive:
Was a nice drive down even with the average speed cameras!!
Off to Newcastle tomorrow for Top Gear Live :thrashi:

Reactions: David83S3
7A0479AF-0980-4B7F-94D1-C1457735C25C_2.jpg
Spent a few hours of the day cleaning...... it's like a giant mirror #teamsepang

Reactions: David83S3, J6YAK, elpaulio and 5 others
I washed mine yesterday, only for it to start raining before I finished. :mad new:

It hasn't actually happened yet, but these arrived today :). I've got them booked in to be fitted in 2 weeks time. The wait's gonna bug me!

Reactions: AndyB-S3
What have I done to my 8V today? Same as yesterday, looked at it, still dirty.

Don't get me car until Sunday.

But, I did have a thorough spring clean of the garage yesterday and also got some carpet samples and put those on the brick pier on the drivers side so we don't have any door related disasters.

Reactions: David83S3
Just received today my LEDs kit from t8upd (thanks again for the excellent service):

- 4 x Red LEDs for the door warning
- 4 x Upgraded white LEDs for the door puddle
- 1 x White LED for the glovebox

Will install them ASAP and report back.

No photo but the car got its chassis notch today so now the front end sits level.

Tomorrow's plans are looking good though :)
IMG 20150223 170828

Reactions: Bandicoot51, J6YAK, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
Notched? It been in a bump.
No mate, chassis notch where the drive shaft hits the chassis leg when aired out. Basically a tunnel in the chassis so the driveshaft sits inside the chassis while down.
Evens it out when it's on the deck

Ahh ok, that's some EXTREME lengths to go to lower your car but I can see the appeal.
To be honest mate, i had no choice once the air was on or i would've eventually damaged the driveshaft. Its not as bad as it sounds, only a 2 inch tunnel

Delivered today, just in time for the flare up of a back injury, so will have to hang off for a few days before fitting.....

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 455
Reactions: J6YAK and AndyB-S3
Im from Spain, so please can someone explain me the police following you after you mod a bit your car?
I really wanna have some laughs too :(

Basically making your A3 to look like a S3 by sticking bits onto it

I think we needed the S3 riot squad the other day, a metallic brown something, A3 diesel, not even an s-line with a S3 badge on the back - :busted cop: couldn't believe my eyes

Just had my springs fitted earlier, so enjoy the customary photo:

View attachment 50048

Still needs to settle in and I'm fitting the RS3 grill in a few hours so I'll pan that up in due course as well as a few fitting notes.

P.S. I am fully aware my car is filthy and it will be cleaned when I know it's not gonna snow ;).

Stance on this is good. Tips stick out a bit too far for my liking and it does sound way too loud! Saw it parked up at Tesco on Sunday, very clean. Heard you leave and saw a flash of white, so knew it was the S3 I'd seen and I was in the store when I heard it.

Reactions: CCWS3
I think we needed the S3 riot squad the other day, a metallic brown something, A3 diesel, not even an s-line with a S3 badge on the back - :busted cop: couldn't believe my eyes

Why are you so surprised. You see it everywhere. In particular around where I live are a lot of BMW's with "M" badges on the rear. Even some relatively new bog standard 5 series.

Agreed though, not my cup of tea either.

It's the equivalent of putting a a pair of socks in your boxers.

Reactions: The Challinor
IMG 20150224 184719

Today was a good day :D
I don't do subtle if you can tell ha

Reactions: Madmo, J6YAK and AndyB-S3
Ordered an S3 today if that counts, now the wait begins... Roll on May! :D

No photo but the car got its chassis notch today so now the front end sits level.

Tomorrow's plans are looking good though :)
View attachment 51672

So, could you give us some more details about the discs? Which company made these?

Do you have to change caliper or does it fit the original? Do you have to make adjustments?

Tnx!

So, could you give us some more details about the discs? Which company made these?

Do you have to change caliper or does it fit the original? Do you have to make adjustments?

Tnx!
Check the post further down Mate.
It's a full kit from pb brakes. The standard caliper wouldn't fit.

Stance on this is good. Tips stick out a bit too far for my liking and it does sound way too loud! Saw it parked up at Tesco on Sunday, very clean. Heard you leave and saw a flash of white, so knew it was the S3 I'd seen and I was in the store when I heard it.

Hahaha, it only sounds THAT loud when I give it the beans. Can't believe you heard it from inside the store. Under normal driving conditions it just has a nice, deep note and you wouldn't know otherwise. I'm always at Tesco, fancy a meet some time?! Were you there in your S3? I always leave round the back of the carpark so I wouldn't have seen it even tho I glance down the aisles.

Had the ride detailed on Saturday by a local mate of mine!

It was also in Motorwerks on Monday for the O2 spacer installation as well as the changeover of centre section clamps on the exhaust.

FullSizeRender

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant and AndyB-S3
Nothing exactly done but I did get sponsored by Definitive Wax for the 2015 show season this week. Over the moon to say the least :D

Reactions: J6YAK
Fitted the spacers that arrived earlier in the week

IMG 0210
IMG 0256
IMG 0258
IMG 0181

Reactions: Bandicoot51, Q5 TRS, P D C and 3 others
Took her to France and then to Belgium n back.. Lovely clear smooth roads and hit the 600mile club

Reactions: Rob2k68
Gave the car a good de tar, iron x, clay, polish and wax. I also re wrapped my wing mirrors slightly darker. Year old tomorrow as well :(

f777952e1ea892eadabf6c6ea60e51a8.jpg

7113e813e3e4b9d34a164e87a7dd066e.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68