What have you done to your 8V today?

IMG 20150207 120932

Fitted my S3 rear diffuser today. Just need to alter the exhaust hangar to suit tomorrow and it's sorted :)

Reactions: Tej13, pedro61163 and CCWS3
Took my s3 for a spin round snowdonia.. :)

Attachments

• 20150207_154627.jpg
    20150207_154627.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 543
  • 20150207_154616.jpg
    20150207_154616.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 553
  • 20150207_154546.jpg
    20150207_154546.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 559
Reactions: CCWS3
Looks good bought s3 exhaust but then found out it won't fit as box is too bulky so would only fit a Quattro so now ordering Remus and source a diffuser
The remus is a nice exhaust mate, be prepared to pay for the diffuser, I tried for a long time to find a second hand one or aftermarket. Had to pay audi prices in the end.
It's worth noting the remus doesn't come with a hangar on the right hand side. You'll have to make one

The remus is a nice exhaust mate, be prepared to pay for the diffuser, I tried for a long time to find a second hand one or aftermarket. Had to pay audi prices in the end.
It's worth noting the remus doesn't come with a hangar on the right hand side. You'll have to make one
phoned audi last week diffuser is £325.40 know have to sell s3 exhaust which is only six weeks old

phoned audi last week diffuser is £325.40 know have to sell s3 exhaust which is only six weeks old

Yeah that's what I paid, stupid money for a few feet of plastic. I really wish the carbon remus one worked with s line models, looked nice when held up to the car

Had two punctures today and had to resort to calling the AA (via Audi Assist). Fortunately we weren't that far away from home.

Even less impressed to find that there is no jack in my car. I'll be speaking to the dealer tomorrow. Watch this space...

Had two punctures today and had to resort to calling the AA (via Audi Assist). Fortunately we weren't that far away from home.

Even less impressed to find that there is no jack in my car. I'll be speaking to the dealer tomorrow. Watch this space...
You sure there was no jack? did you search on the right and left boxes of the boot?

Today I washed it and applied some rain X again and some Reload in front doors and rear parts of the car.
Sry no pics. :(

Washed mine and my partners car today so a bit of a washathon. Got rid of some tar spots and minor scratches on the wheels. Lets hope it doesn't rain monday like what happened last time I cleaned them as both cars were filthy again by tuesday...

You sure there was no jack? did you search on the right and left boxes of the boot?
Oh yes. I've had most of the car apart checking in every hidey hole. Wheel brace, locking key, towing eye and all the other bits in the tool roll, space saver in the well but no friggin' jack :rolleyes:

I couldn't find my jack either until i pulled the floor out the boot completely. .right at the back, the foam piece it is in was shoved hard against back seats and was camoflaged well. Lol. Maybe they just forgot yours...there has been a bit of that lately.. someones thread there that they forgot S-tronic... so lucky yours is just a jack..

Went for a wee spin down to Perth yesterday, tried ACC for the first time proper on a dual carriageway, very impressed. Although it does need a little assistance if someone is braking late for a right turn across oncoming lanes.

Reactions: Madmo
Nothing today. Father has borrowed the car to do a tip run.....never good for the interior :(

FB IMG 1423510723422
FB IMG 1423510736806

Full protection detail today :)

Reactions: Gavy, BaileyA3, STERLING VOID and 3 others
drove from Lancashire to Hampshire in sport mode - oh my.......

Ordered some goodies from swissvax and auto finesse in preparation for the weekend :kissmyrings:

Reactions: MA3RC
Swapped my front wheels left to right after noticing a couple of weeks ago whilst washing the car that I'd got the rotation direction the wrong way round. :mad:

On a side note, I find the Audi set up of threaded wheels bolts infuriating when changing wheels. With a stud and bolt set up at least you can locate the wheel on the studs then leave it in situ and thread the nuts on. With the bolt set up you need to perfectly align the holes in the wheel over the holes in the hub then somehow hold it exactly in place before putting a bolt into one of the holes and screwing it in enough to hold the wheel. The only way I've found of doing this is to lean my shoulder against the wheel to pin/clamp it, enough of a PITA in my nice dry garage but I can't imagine trying to do it in the dark and rain at the side of a road one night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Relliott6879
^ A Black Plastic Peg

(watch the video in the FAQ !)

And if you really fancy it, you can replace the standard black plastic Audi peg, with one from a Touareg
thats a stronger alloy part :)

7L0 012 223 (on the right)

ff2095cs-960.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: lucas-suisse and Relliott6879
I went out in between the rain yesterday and got all excited looking at my dirty dirty car... then this happened...
150215-01.jpg

:yahoo:first time she's had a proper wash at home since I got her lol :rolleyes: but she did look shiny shiny afterwards :)

Then went out and drove her round and got her dirty again :keule:

Reactions: CCWS3, Alex_Wil, J6YAK and 3 others
I also cleaned both cars again yesterday.. My S3 is absolutely brutal again this morning, came a slightly muddier road to work.. :(

However I bought a G3 clay mitt and used it on the Mrs' car.. oh em gee it looks like a brand new car again!! Paintwork is absolutely phenomenal now, got a good waxing too so that will keep it looking tip top for a wee while.. The clay mitt really is a great bit of kit, I haven't really clayed a full car before so ummed and ahh'd on buying a proper clay set. I really doubt I will venture away from this mitt tbh. For my level of cleaning and detailing I am extremely happy with it! :)

I also cleaned both cars again yesterday.. My S3 is absolutely brutal again this morning, came a slightly muddier road to work.. :(

However I bought a G3 clay mitt and used it on the Mrs' car.. oh em gee it looks like a brand new car again!! Paintwork is absolutely phenomenal now, got a good waxing too so that will keep it looking tip top for a wee while.. The clay mitt really is a great bit of kit, I haven't really clayed a full car before so ummed and ahh'd on buying a proper clay set. I really doubt I will venture away from this mitt tbh. For my level of cleaning and detailing I am extremely happy with it! :)

Grab a decent led torch and check the car over for marring and holograms. Clay mits are good but can cause bad damage if used wrong. Not having a go at your skill level or anything, just as its your first time.

Reactions: AndyB-S3
I went out in between the rain yesterday and got all excited looking at my dirty dirty car... then this happened...
150215-01.jpg

:yahoo:first time she's had a proper wash at home since I got her lol :rolleyes: but she did look shiny shiny afterwards :)

Then went out and drove her round and got her dirty again :keule:

How are you finding the cleaning with the AGlaze applied?

Si :)

How are you finding the cleaning with the AGlaze applied?

Si :)

Really good, as I said this is the first time I've given the car a proper clean at home but I've given it a blast with the jet wash a couple of times to get the worst of the salt and crud off which worked ok.
Yesterday was Snowfoam, power rinse, lambswool mitt and shampoo, power rinse and she came up looking like new again!

Obviously it's hard to tell as I don't have an identical un A-Glazed one to wash in comparison lol but it certainly came up looking lovely with very little effort so gets a thumbs up from me so far ;)

Reactions: Psyman79
Grab a decent led torch and check the car over for marring and holograms. Clay mits are good but can cause bad damage if used wrong. Not having a go at your skill level or anything, just as its your first time.
lol cheers bud, my skills are limited so will take all advice on board.. I did use my LED torch to check if any damage etc once I had dried it but tbh looks pretty decent. Car is silver so doesn't show nearly as many "bad bits" as it should I guess.. all I know is it is way better than it was yesterday morning. and for a 4 year old car it is still pretty immaculate. Will get some photo's up soon. :)

Took mine over to Eastbourne Audi this morning for its first year/oil change service and MMI reset. They've given me a '64 plate A4 2.0l 150ps diesel S-Line Black Edition Saloon with then B&O system. Whilst the B&O doesn't sound much different to my own standard one the A4 is beginning to grow on me despite the woolly steering, offset pedals, however the gear change is slicker than in my own car. Yikes that's a worrying statement...

Put the top down, whacked the heater up to high and drove from Glasgow up to Montrose. Lovely clear sunny day with fantastic views of stunning scenery, exactly what we bought a soft top for.

Reactions: elpaulio
Wrapped my wing mirrors in brushed aluminium:

Reactions: gsrsilver, Relliott6879, AndyB-S3 and 1 other person