What have you done to your 8V today?

SJC

Got it's 1st service. 20k since getting it at the end of May shows it must be a nice car to drive :)

elpaulio

Drive to glasgow on Friday night, passed my first gritter :dejection::aggressive:
Was a nice drive down even with the average speed cameras!!
Off to Newcastle tomorrow for Top Gear Live :thrashi:

Ben Daniel Grant

2018 Q5 Sline Navarra Blue missing my Sepang S3
7A0479AF-0980-4B7F-94D1-C1457735C25C_2.jpg
Spent a few hours of the day cleaning...... it's like a giant mirror #teamsepang

A3Kent

I washed mine yesterday, only for it to start raining before I finished. :mad new:

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
It hasn't actually happened yet, but these arrived today :). I've got them booked in to be fitted in 2 weeks time. The wait's gonna bug me!

Tej13

Don't get me car until Sunday.

But, I did have a thorough spring clean of the garage yesterday and also got some carpet samples and put those on the brick pier on the drivers side so we don't have any door related disasters.

lucas-suisse

Just received today my LEDs kit from t8upd (thanks again for the excellent service):

- 4 x Red LEDs for the door warning
- 4 x Upgraded white LEDs for the door puddle
- 1 x White LED for the glovebox

Will install them ASAP and report back.

Marc18

No photo but the car got its chassis notch today so now the front end sits level.

Tomorrow's plans are looking good though :)
IMG_20150223_170828.jpg

Marc18

Couldn't you find the large discs?.... :D:D:D:D
Ha! Tbh, I did have 380mm discs on order but changed it to these 356mm just incase I had fitment issues.

The Challinor

Marc18

Notched? It been in a bump.
No mate, chassis notch where the drive shaft hits the chassis leg when aired out. Basically a tunnel in the chassis so the driveshaft sits inside the chassis while down.
Evens it out when it's on the deck

The Challinor

No mate, chassis notch where the drive shaft hits the chassis leg when aired out. Basically a tunnel in the chassis so the driveshaft sits inside the chassis while down.
Evens it out when it's on the deck

Ahh ok, that's some EXTREME lengths to go to lower your car but I can see the appeal.

Marc18

Ahh ok, that's some EXTREME lengths to go to lower your car but I can see the appeal.
To be honest mate, i had no choice once the air was on or i would've eventually damaged the driveshaft. Its not as bad as it sounds, only a 2 inch tunnel

Steph67

Renowned philanthropist and pathological liar
Delivered today, just in time for the flare up of a back injury, so will have to hang off for a few days before fitting.....

Attachments

• IMG_0094.JPG
    IMG_0094.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 313

naughts4187

Wrapped my wing mirrors in brushed aluminium:

I personally would have gone black to match your wheels and tints. S3 police definitely coming for you...:busted cop:

The Challinor

To be honest mate, i had no choice once the air was on or i would've eventually damaged the driveshaft. Its not as bad as it sounds, only a 2 inch tunnel

Fair play,

The Challinor

I personally would have gone black to match your wheels and tints. S3 police definitely coming for you...:busted cop:

They look more soft grey, still cool though so no policing from me lol

ChiYoung

Im from Spain, so please can someone explain me the police following you after you mod a bit your car?
I really wanna have some laughs too :(

The Challinor

Basically making your A3 to look like a S3 by sticking bits onto it

mfl

Basically making your A3 to look like a S3 by sticking bits onto it

I think we needed the S3 riot squad the other day, a metallic brown something, A3 diesel, not even an s-line with a S3 badge on the back - :busted cop: couldn't believe my eyes

RicoS3

Sprint Blue is the new Ibis!
Just had my springs fitted earlier, so enjoy the customary photo:

View attachment 50048

Still needs to settle in and I'm fitting the RS3 grill in a few hours so I'll pan that up in due course as well as a few fitting notes.

P.S. I am fully aware my car is filthy and it will be cleaned when I know it's not gonna snow ;).

Stance on this is good. Tips stick out a bit too far for my liking and it does sound way too loud! Saw it parked up at Tesco on Sunday, very clean. Heard you leave and saw a flash of white, so knew it was the S3 I'd seen and I was in the store when I heard it.

The Challinor

I think we needed the S3 riot squad the other day, a metallic brown something, A3 diesel, not even an s-line with a S3 badge on the back - :busted cop: couldn't believe my eyes

I would have been raging.

A3Kent

Why are you so surprised. You see it everywhere. In particular around where I live are a lot of BMW's with "M" badges on the rear. Even some relatively new bog standard 5 series.

Agreed though, not my cup of tea either.

Dtwm1

It's the equivalent of putting a a pair of socks in your boxers.

Marc18

IMG_20150224_184719.jpg

Today was a good day :D
I don't do subtle if you can tell ha

Marc18

They look pretty damn good mate, what kind are they?
Pb brakes mate, won some award in fast car last year so thought I'd give them a go. Very reasonable price

rigger

No photo but the car got its chassis notch today so now the front end sits level.

Tomorrow's plans are looking good though :)
View attachment 51672

So, could you give us some more details about the discs? Which company made these?

Do you have to change caliper or does it fit the original? Do you have to make adjustments?

Tnx!

Marc18

So, could you give us some more details about the discs? Which company made these?

Do you have to change caliper or does it fit the original? Do you have to make adjustments?

Tnx!
Check the post further down Mate.
It's a full kit from pb brakes. The standard caliper wouldn't fit.

CCWS3

Stance on this is good. Tips stick out a bit too far for my liking and it does sound way too loud! Saw it parked up at Tesco on Sunday, very clean. Heard you leave and saw a flash of white, so knew it was the S3 I'd seen and I was in the store when I heard it.

Hahaha, it only sounds THAT loud when I give it the beans. Can't believe you heard it from inside the store. Under normal driving conditions it just has a nice, deep note and you wouldn't know otherwise. I'm always at Tesco, fancy a meet some time?! Were you there in your S3? I always leave round the back of the carpark so I wouldn't have seen it even tho I glance down the aisles.

CCWS3

Had the ride detailed on Saturday by a local mate of mine!

It was also in Motorwerks on Monday for the O2 spacer installation as well as the changeover of centre section clamps on the exhaust.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Marc18

Nothing exactly done but I did get sponsored by Definitive Wax for the 2015 show season this week. Over the moon to say the least :D

Marc18

wiggsy

Took her to France and then to Belgium n back.. Lovely clear smooth roads and hit the 600mile club

MA3RC

VCDS Map User
Gave the car a good de tar, iron x, clay, polish and wax. I also re wrapped my wing mirrors slightly darker. Year old tomorrow as well :(

f777952e1ea892eadabf6c6ea60e51a8.jpg

7113e813e3e4b9d34a164e87a7dd066e.jpg