1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your 8V today?

Relliott6879 Jan 27, 2015

1. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

Peter if you can source OEM parts, install them properly and have them work for less than Alix, knock yourself out.

In the mean time Alix performs top quality work and wouldn't hesitate to use or recommend him.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Dunedin, X3man, Sandra and 1 other person like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. rizzi

rizzi Registered User

I meant to browse in carplay menus, or launch an application by using mmi controller ..
    I am curious about how you can browse a menu which is introduced by a usb dongle.

4. rizzi

rizzi Registered User

Or you had already audi factory oem carplay(wired)
    And you added Bluetooth connectivity only.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. DescendDescend

DescendDescend Registered User

Any chance of a link (if thats allowed)? I've searched around but can't find that exact device. Does it work for Android Auto? Thanks.

6. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

Can’t find it anywhere on the internet, I got it from AudiRetrofits, not sure if they are on here or not, here is their insta link though: https://www.instagram.com/audi_retrofits/?hl=en

7. Ormesome

Ormesome Registered User

I think you need to watch some YouTube videos regarding these devices. It will explain it all. It’s just a passthrough receiver to allow Apple CP or Android Auto to be used without a wire, all functions are the same as with the phone plugged in.

8. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

I have mirror dash cam 10'' front n back just for £75 and looks 10x better than on that little display there orig from audi + I have night vision...

9. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

It's not about wrong its about spending stupid money on things which can be done cheaper...

10. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

Oh c'moon your ''geeeniuune paarts jesus .. such brainwashing.. Genuine parts made in china .. heh.. ppl are just naive.. aah well .. warranty u have warranty on everything nowadays .. but u don't have any warranty anymore from audi if u modify something in car..

11. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

Paid 70 on ebay normally £100

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

It is still expensive..

14. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

This?
    4.jpg

maybe this?

3.jpg

or what ever this is?

Screenshot 2020-09-07 at 22.44.11.jpg

hmmmmmm.

15. Bells

Bells Registered User

Dunedin, X3man, CraigM and 3 others like this.
  16. Peter82

Peter82 Registered User

Iiiit doees it look normal in person...
    U don't know bcos u never had it...

17. JohnM100

JohnM100 Registered User Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

Peter - your posts reference rear dash cam and reversing camera interchangeably: I think Tesla is the only manufacturer who use the same camera for both.

I had one of those mirror dash cams on a trial several years ago. Admittedly, tech evolves but I found that it was:

Bulky - even caused the rear view mirror to slowly sag over several weeks in the summer due to the extra weight.
    Distracting - especially at night when it decided to turn the screen on. I really hope it doesn’t display the feed from the rear camera all the time as resolution is lower than eyeball and it will have latency & artefacts.
    Loss of function. This fitted over my existing mirror so I lost the auto dimming mirror function of the built-in one.
    Daytime video quality ok but ‘night vision’? - must be joking.

Can we get this thread back on topic now?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2020
    Bells, DJAlix, Dubjam and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dubjam

Dubjam Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

Feel free to open a thread about this revolutionary rear view camera , and a how too install guide @Peter82 , I'd love to see your work and your detailed write up with a video.

Let us know once posted so we can all take a look.

X3man, DJAlix and Sandra like this.
  19. Sandra

Sandra Administrator Staff Member Administrator Platinum Supporter Audi Main Dealer

Time out. I have had enough of you winding everyone up. You will have plenty time to look for your parts now. Maybe even get them fitted

X3man, Ormesome, Bells and 3 others like this.
  20. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Opinions aired and points made.

Peter do something constructive for once, please drop a link (pm or otherwise) to this camera as I want to buy one to review and see what all the fuss is about. I currently have a few systems available to me (£200 to £800) / in stock and would like to review these units and post up all the information in a new thread so the guys here can see what’s available on the market.

And now..... this;

Dubjam, pburv, T-1000 and 5 others like this.
  21. Jud

Jud Registered User

Paid just under £1600 from forge direct, 12 week wait.

Brakes are.so much keener, really notice a difference

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

pburv, Leevr and Dubjam like this.
  22. Jud

Jud Registered User

Front rieger splitter fitted (smashed Maxton one) and a quick wash.[​IMG]

pburv, Leevr and Dubjam like this.
  23. dantdi

dantdi ...

Warning & Puddle leds
    20200910_131051.jpg 20200910_131853.jpg 20200910_123104.jpg 20200910_123108.jpg

Big Thanks to RobinA3 @RocketWires for supplying Loom and LED'S nice easy instructions. Highly recommend him!

Also found something little odd along the way.
    20200910_124250.jpg
    This was clearly only going one way till i can replace it
    20200910_181408.jpg 20200910_181628.jpg 20200910_181421.jpg

Last edited: Sep 10, 2020
    Dunedin, RobinA3 and pburv like this.
  24. RobinA3

RobinA3 Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Thanks for the shout out Dan!

Whats the deal with the speaker grille? Did it make any difference?

25. S32B

S32B Registered User

Plus 1 here as well :haha:

pburv likes this.
  26. X3man

X3man Well known member

+1. Really genuine bloke that is very reasonable and does great work

pburv likes this.
  27. dantdi

dantdi ...

Guess must have been replaced with wrong grill before I owned the car.
    Unless was defect part from factory.
    Not sure makes any difference yet. Will replace it soon with right one.

28. Dubjam

Obligatory calliper painting today..they came out a lot better than my iPhone managed to capture!

thumbnail_IMG_7811.jpg thumbnail_IMG_7812.jpg

Carbon mirrors and all silver/chrome badges replaced with genuine Black ones..and eBay specials for the sides (but proper satin black alloy ones with black tape, tbh felt far better quality than the originals)

thumbnail_IMG_7834.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7842.jpg

pburv likes this.
  29. pburv

pburv Registered User

Will be looking into doing this with my new car...I never bothered with my S3 but wish I had as rusty hubs ain't a good look.:sadlike:
    From memory I think they start going off at around 3 years ? but depends on the environment it's kept and driven in I suppose.
    Job well done mate:thumbs up:

Dubjam likes this.
  30. Dubjam

Mines four years old and the rears were pretty bad. The fronts were actually fine after a sand, but had to paint them to keep it all coordinated.

Took about four hours, doing one wheel at a time, as having to wait for the paint to dry between coats. Would be so much quicker on a lift.

My discs will need changing anyway soon, so I'll probably fit Black Diamond ones so they are already coated.

pburv likes this.
  31. pburv

pburv Registered User

Yeah funny that the fronts seem to last longer than the rears. I think it's either due to different (poor) material or the fronts get hotter than the rears in use and don't give moisture a chance to get hold?

32. Dubjam

Quite possibly. I don't know if the S3 is the same, but the brake bias on mine is extremely front heavy - shown by all the brake dust embedded into the front wheels on a regular basis. So the heat probably does burn all the moisture off.

pburv likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. george forbes

george forbes Registered User

Not sure how much the black diamonds are but just got 4 of these EBC usr slotted for my 2015 S3 for £310. Coating is guaranteed for 3 years. Will fit in perfectly with my wheels since having them powder coated RS6 black and wheel spacers are black as well. Planning on fitting them this weekend hopefully. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Pinky1959, pburv and Dubjam like this.
  35. pburv

pburv Registered User

Would it be wise to give them an extra coat of paint before fitting considering how they have a tendency to rust over time?

36. Jud

Jud Registered User

Michelin pilot super sports all round [​IMG]

V6_Man, pburv, Leevr and 1 other person like this.
  37. Bells

Bells Registered User

Car got put back to standard, private reg removed and res delete taken off ready for the car getting sold next week.

2776B26E-69B2-42FB-BB14-B1187F573F0B.jpeg

pburv likes this.
  38. JEB

JEB Registered User

washed it

39. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

What you changing to? Swear you've only recently gone back to an S3?

Bells likes this.
  40. Nige Smith

Nige Smith Registered User

Thursday actually. Major service Inc. spark plugs & brake fluid change, £445 at Worthing Audi. Tried to flog me 4 new tyres with 4/5mm tread on the current ones, a Haldex service, (already done at an indie) & an air conditioning service, all of which I declined.

41. Bells

Bells Registered User

You’d think that but it’s actually been a year since I got my S3! It’s a great car but just not really gelled with it and I got offered nearly what I paid for it a year ago despite adding 12k miles on, mainly due to it being Ara Blue and 3dr which is in demand apparently?!

So after a bit of searching and considering a few different models I’ve ended up in another S5 for a great price 17 reg, 15k miles and possibly the highest spec in the country. Think it’s only missing adaptive suspension and carbon inlays :tearsofjoy: it’s got sports dif and steering, pan roof, 360 cameras, touring pack with adaptive cruise etc all the works so quite a few toys to keep me happy, plus it’s got 2 year Audi warranty so win win really.

Adam14 and pburv like this.
  42. Adam14

Adam14 Registered User

Might be remembering wrong but didn't you go S3 to S5 to S3 and now back to S5? I wasn't sure of my S5 at first but had it 18 months and love it now. The wrap and other cosmetics help, going to get some bits retrofitted like memory seats and some other bits I think. As mine is quite "low spec" but the monthly price was brilliant so I ca live with it as things like ACC don't really appeal to me despite the miles I do.

Sounds like you got a good deal, what colour is it?

Bells likes this.
  43. Bells

Bells Registered User

No no you remember correctly haha had a 68reg S5 and ran it for just over 6 months and did 10k miles in it, nice car but I got offered what I paid for it and was meant to be getting a company car. However that didn’t happen as I ended up changing jobs so went back to a S3 as there wasn’t much on the market.

With the way the market is at the moment a couple grand to jump back into a S5 seems like a bargain, especially when it’s done 15k miles compared to my S3’s 32k+ plus my insurance is cheaper and it’s less in road tax. I love the wrap on yours I’d really like to get Viper Green or similar on mine but I’ll settle into the car for a few months first :tearsofjoy:

Anyway it’s Daytona which is one of my favourite standard colours, with red seats which I thought I’d dislike but they actually suit the car. Should be picking up this week I’m just waiting for Audi to finish sorting an issue with the window rubber and a little scuff on the front bumper, so fingers crossed :sweatsmile:

JohnM100 and pburv like this.