What have you done to your 8V today?

Sold it...
You going to hang around on the forum Grant?
What car do you have now. It's been a while since I have posted on here so not sure what members have been up to.

Oh I’m sure I’ll pop in from tine to time, I still visit forums for cars I sold 12 years ago.

New car choice has been prolonged, legally hamstrung (****** WLTP), frustrating, far reaching and diverse. I wanted something with more driving interaction, a manual box, and a minimum of 6 cylinders. But there’s not much out there that fits. Started out with a Mustang Bullitt, but drove one and thought it was probably a tad to inappropriate. Then came close to ordering an M440i, but was frustrated by the sudden lack of manual gearbox option. This coincided with never ending cold calls from my Audi dealer trying to sell me something new. They were persistent, but the recent launch of auto only S cars with Diesel engines has ruled them out totally. Sporting diesels? Not on my driveway...

For a while if you wanted something sporting, naturally aspirated and manual, you had a choice of about seven cars. I actually ordered a 30th anniversary MX5 at one point, but its diminutive size and retina searing orange paintwork didn’t find favour with my wife.

What did I end up with? A Tesla Model 3 Performance. No I can’t quite work out how it happened either, but it arrives in about 4 weeks.

Reactions: rcnacura
I totally agree with you on the diesel powered S cars Audi are bringing out. Had a diesel car once........... not for long mind you....
A Tesla Model 3.....Wow. Quite a move from an S3. Hope it all works out for you buddy.

Oh I’m sure I’ll pop in from tine to time, I still visit forums for cars I sold 12 years ago.

New car choice has been prolonged, legally hamstrung (****** WLTP), frustrating, far reaching and diverse. I wanted something with more driving interaction, a manual box, and a minimum of 6 cylinders. But there’s not much out there that fits. Started out with a Mustang Bullitt, but drove one and thought it was probably a tad to inappropriate. Then came close to ordering an M440i, but was frustrated by the sudden lack of manual gearbox option. This coincided with never ending cold calls from my Audi dealer trying to sell me something new. They were persistent, but the recent launch of auto only S cars with Diesel engines has ruled them out totally. Sporting diesels? Not on my driveway...

For a while if you wanted something sporting, naturally aspirated and manual, you had a choice of about seven cars. I actually ordered a 30th anniversary MX5 at one point, but its diminutive size and retina searing orange paintwork didn’t find favour with my wife.

What did I end up with? A Tesla Model 3 Performance. No I can’t quite work out how it happened either, but it arrives in about 4 weeks.
Interesting cars the Tesla's. I had a P100D with Ludicrous Plus mode over for some works. Hands down the fastest thing I have ever driven, savage acceleration...... SAVAGE! Was a pain to work with however given that its basically one large permanent live battery. Always subjective but I thought it had horrible build quality, built with cheaper materials than a £200 Lenovo laptop. There are a few 2019 Model 3's around here. Look like good cars even if the windows are a little on the large side :)

Fitted new set of alloys and S3 style mirror caps....
IMG 5638

Reactions: OCDaveS4, dp_motley, Bryant1998 and 1 other person
Put the rubber winter mats into the A5 :( It's freezing today :(

img_4917-jpg.140146

Reactions: dp_motley
Well car decided not to start yesterday. AA came out and condemn the battery and Audi replaced it today. Pretty poor battery for a year old car.
first thing I did notice as soon as they replaced it was stop start started working. It’s only worked once or twice over the summer months so I’m guessing the battery status/health had something to do with it.

anyway got dealer to remove the tailpipes so I can clean/polish them up and seal them with some form of high temp sealant to stop it going bad again.

car actually looks good without the chrome pipes.

Upload 2019 10 29 16 47 47

Reactions: dp_motley and SPIKE_
Well car decided not to start yesterday. AA came out and condemn the battery and Audi replaced it today. Pretty poor battery for a year old car.
first thing I did notice as soon as they replaced it was stop start started working. It’s only worked once or twice over the summer months so I’m guessing the battery status/health had something to do with it.

anyway got dealer to remove the tailpipes so I can clean/polish them up and seal them with some form of high temp sealant to stop it going bad again.

View attachment 192862
I initially thought you were going to say about getting black tips! What are you going to use for sealing them?

I initially thought you were going to say about getting black tips! What are you going to use for sealing them?

gonna see how they scrub up first.
If they look ok might try some wheel sealant or carpro reload as I still have a little left. maybe even etch it a little and spray some clear coat on them then seal.

View attachment 192862

Love those black tips!!

What have I done to my S3 today?? - kerbed the ****** rear alloy, cos some numpty parked 1" off my front bumper. Given it a quick rub down and sealed with lacquer, but its chipped/scraped - although they are diamond cut (and re-cut only 6 months ago), I'm wondering if a "smart repair" might be possible as its only 1cm and only on the rim not the spoke........

Reactions: AlS3BE
Love those black tips!!

What have I done to my S3 today?? - kerbed the ****** rear alloy, cos some numpty parked 1" off my front bumper. Given it a quick rub down and sealed with lacquer, but its chipped/scraped - although they are diamond cut (and re-cut only 6 months ago), I'm wondering if a "smart repair" might be possible as its only 1cm and only on the rim not the spoke........
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression diamond cut alloys couldn't be smart repaired and that they needed to get a full refurb regardless of size of damage.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I could be wrong, but I was under the impression diamond cut alloys couldn't be smart repaired and that they needed to get a full refurb regardless of size of damage.

That’s what I thought but when I was cleaning the Mrs car, I noticed that one the wheels had an area where the tiny diamond cut “lines/circles” weren’t there and it was completely smooth - so I wondered if they had been sanded down, polished and then lacquered......all diamond cutting does is get you back to “new metal”....?

Interesting cars the Tesla's. I had a P100D with Ludicrous Plus mode over for some works. Hands down the fastest thing I have ever driven, savage acceleration...... SAVAGE! Was a pain to work with however given that its basically one large permanent live battery. Always subjective but I thought it had horrible build quality, built with cheaper materials than a £200 Lenovo laptop. There are a few 2019 Model 3's around here. Look like good cars even if the windows are a little on the large side :)
I'm told build quality has improved somewhat, but lets face it, it wont be on a par with Audi. It is American after all. Ive been spoiled.... I'll find out for sure when I get it. Ive not had a chance to see one up close and personal yet, so delivery day will be the first chance I get to sit in one...

Works? what sort of "works" are you offering for Tesla's then Alex?

View attachment 192862
You know you can remove those yourself for regular cleaning? just tap them with a hammer and they slide off. This saved my knees when trying to autosol them every couple of weeks, before I gave up altogether and threw them in a cupboard. They sat there for 2 years, only being refitted when I drove the car to its new owner.

You know you can remove those yourself for regular cleaning? just tap them with a hammer and they slide off. This saved my knees when trying to autosol them every couple of weeks, before I gave up altogether and threw them in a cupboard. They sat there for 2 years, only being refitted when I drove the car to its new owner.

getting too old and lazy to be on my hands and knees or lying under car with tools removing trims. :wink:
so thought take advantage of the free Audi service.

I'm told build quality has improved somewhat, but lets face it, it wont be on a par with Audi. It is American after all. Ive been spoiled.... I'll find out for sure when I get it. Ive not had a chance to see one up close and personal yet, so delivery day will be the first chance I get to sit in one...

Works? what sort of "works" are you offering for Tesla's then Alex?
Build is 30% Merc (uses same trim clips, some same trims and switches) and 70% Trump. Performance will take your mind off this however :)

Dual Channel Dashcam and tracker. Tesla has no authorised 3rd party program at the moment. Working on it tho :)

Reactions: OCDaveS4
getting too old and lazy to be on my hands and knees or lying under car with tools removing trims. :wink:
so thought take advantage of the free Audi service.

Erm! What “free Audi service” is that? I’d like to do the same (store them for resale) and paint the exhaust ends black.

I’ve always thought the quad chrome tips were a bit poncy and would have preferred one larger pipe each side !!

Erm! What “free Audi service” is that? I’d like to do the same (store them for resale) and paint the exhaust ends black.

I’ve always thought the quad chrome tips were a bit poncy and would have preferred one larger pipe each side !!

well free for me. It was in for new battery under warranty so I asked the tech to remove the tips for me.

Reactions: OCDaveS4
Model 3 now has dashcam function built in, utilising all the cameras;

It was an option for a while, it only coast about £10k more and came with an extra cylinder in the engine...

Reactions: Jimbob76, Bryant1998 and Leevr

Just do it yourself, they're not hard to remove. Mallet from behind and they slide right off

Reactions: AlS3BE and OCDaveS4
Went shopping and just had to take a picture of my car in the carpark for no other reason other than I really like the way my car looks in this light.
20191105 193300 3024x1470

Reactions: Naim, dp_motley, craigpanthercrystal and 13 others
Went shopping and just had to take a picture of my car in the carpark for no other reason other than I really like the way my car looks in this light.
View attachment 193189

Nice motor . Good defensive parking skills in operation as well .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: zac7654321, Jimbob76 and Leevr
View attachment 193189

still one of the best colours you can get. Can i ask are you still rocking the carbon fibre interior inserts, and how are they holding up?

still haven’t got round to fitting my set yet.

Reactions: Leevr
still one of the best colours you can get. Can i ask are you still rocking the carbon fibre interior inserts, and how are they holding up?

still haven’t got round to fitting my set yet.
Cheers mate, I get so many looks and positive comments over the colour. The carbon interior trim is still top notch. Had one rear door piece come loose. Just removed and used more 3M tape to stick it back on. Not budged an inch, well pleased.

Sold it...

Sold mine also.
I had the same view/desire as GSB (interesting/manual/non-turbo etc) but so little out there (without a 12month+ waiting list) that tickled me. Elec is the future but as one last hurrah I collect a 2017 R8 next week :) Fossil fuels will die but before then I will be burning loads of it (whilst making a bit of a noise thru the sports exhaust). Looking forward to it.

Been in quite a few Teslas, the 3 is a big step up and in theory remains up to date as the tech evolves.

Reactions: SPIKE_ and Bryant1998
Treated mine to some new bedroom doors. Looking forward to when it’s raining sideways and blowing a gale so I can open using the remote control from the car and just roll on in when I get home :thumbs up: Have access to the house from the back of the garage so the front door is now redundant, lol. Just need to finish a bit of painting around the new door frame (on the inside), get the floor tiled and skirted, then the garage improvement project will be complete.

Excuse the mucky bit of block paving on the right - jet wash will sort that tomorrow (along with a more thorough going over of the rest of the drive). Also need to patch in a wee bit of concrete at the bottom of the door. Had the roller barrel ‘underslung’ beneath the lintel to maximise the length of the garage. This makes the door flush with the front of the house, rather than set back a few inches...
718099E0 33D8 4858 86E4 2DC4B4F0239A

And cosy in bed...
A39713C9 515C 4E56 8CB4 244A7691BEB2

Reactions: tommysmith, S32B, josul and 4 others
Now that is the height of luxury!! Love it !

Reactions: Jimbob76