1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your 8V today?

Relliott6879 Jan 27, 2015

1. Marky-s3

Marky-s3 Well-Known Member

Up to 560 but I'll need to get it tuned to around 500 to be safe unless I forge the engine lol

AlS3BE likes this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

retrimmed the door panels in alcantara. Arm rest in leather is next step but thats a job for somebody to do for me.

FJIMG_20190704_131239.jpg

suzannec, lea323ci, SPIKE_S3 and 4 others like this.
  4. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI S line 2019 A3 35TFSI S line Team Nano Grey Sportback TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group S tronic

Did you have to disassembly the door card in order to shove the alcantare under the plastic?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

5. Khufu

Khufu Well-Known Member

No, I made a template using masking tape. I then stuck it down onto paper and cut round it giving it a border of about 1cm. I used this template to make both sides by flipping it for other side. To attach, i used some spray glue to hold it onto the the 'leather' and tucked the edges under the plasic of the door using a plastic trim tool.

Leevr and dp_motley like this.
  6. dp_motley

dp_motley 2012 A3 1.6 TDI S line 2019 A3 35TFSI S line Team Nano Grey Sportback TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group S tronic

You were smarter than I :) I started with tucking the edges with a plastic trim tool, then lifted the material a little and sprayed the 3M adhesive underneath it. It wasn't easy due to place restriction. Then I decided to use a different approach on other three doors. I glued double sided adhesive tape, many stripes side-by-side leaving paper on the upper side, tucked the material under the plastic and then removed the paper from the tape and pressed it all together. I wish I used your approach as I messed a little with the tape and now there are some small bulges visible when light shine under a certain angle.

7. Runner

Runner New Member

Had Carbon Fibre wing mirrors fitted.

Attached Files:

Audi Bairn, lea323ci and Leevr like this.
  8. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

Had Revo stage 2 high torque map today and so much better.

Audi Bairn, SPIKE_S3 and Leevr like this.
  9. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

Transmission fluid changed .. niiice n smoooth :)

Audi Bairn likes this.
  10. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

Had two rear tyres changed at Stirling Audi (front two were done a couple of months ago).
    Kept the P Zero as per the originals due to good wear rate and rim protection. I normally go for Michelin.
    Got 26k out of fronts and 27k on the rears.
    Whilst in they identified a leaking off side rear shock absorber. This is to be replaced under warranty and needs booked back in.

Pinky1959, MikeParkin and MattSedg like this.
  11. Skid

Skid Member

Engine oil,plugs and Haldex all done tonight including filter which was completely covered all round with gunk,hadn’t been having any problems but god knows how the oil was getting through!

All went relatively smoothly apart from cylinder 1 coil pack being an absolute pain to remove,the other 3 weren’t exactly easy but number 1 was ridiculous!

Big thanks to Tom at Crewe Audi for sorting me out with everything I needed and at a great price too :thumbs up:

MikeParkin likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. AlS3BE

AlS3BE Well-Known Member

upload_2019-7-14_22-14-28.jpeg
    My little thing today.
    Bugged me how it came out the factory with the rings up front and nothing in the back.

Jimbob76, Audi Bairn and SPIKE_S3 like this.
  14. mve7

mve7 Member

she is now one month old.

-full black
    -carbon spoiler
    -carbon diffuser
    -front lip
    -res delete
    -carbon exhaust tips
    -GMP atom rims

coming up
    -air intake
    -carbon mirror caps
    -carbon trims

Attached Files:

makelja, V6_Man, SPIKE_S3 and 3 others like this.
  15. Phil-1

Phil-1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Have you had your wheel painted?

I’m getting mine done this week but can’t decide on the colour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Nige Smith

Nige Smith Member

Fitted a clear mount phone holder! A simple, well made solution. Thanks to fellow forumers for the recommendation.

MikeParkin likes this.
  17. Lehn

Lehn The van man Team Daytona Audi S3 DSG

De-chromed the small air grills on each side of the bumper. Also plasti dipped the logo but didn't liked the outcome so I'll settle with this :)

IMG_3062.JPG

TYb, dp_motley, Adam14 and 5 others like this.
  18. Phil-1

Phil-1 Well-Known Member Regional Rep

Taken my 18” wheels off ready to be refurbed and a colour change.

19. makelja

makelja Active Member Saloon Team Tango Audi A3 S tronic

Had new Falken Azenis FK510 225/40/18 tires fitted. (Actually yesterday)

20. Arrran

Arrran New Member Sportback Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A3 S tronic

Have you got a photo sir?

21. Nige Smith

Nige Smith Member

22. Ice Kay

Ice Kay Member Sportback TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Team Silver Audi A3 Manual

Bought a Carista OBD dongle for £10.99 and did the following
    Chirp on lock/unlock
    Needle sweep
    Mirror dip on reverse

23. Audi Bairn

Audi Bairn Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Gold Supporter Team Navarra Audi S3 saloon quattro S tronic DSG

Got my rear offside shock absorber replaced yesterday under warranty as it was leaking.
    Took a couple of (poor) pics from the lounge balcony while I waited. Had an RS5 Coupe, RS5 SB & a 20th Anniversary TT.
    Chatting with my usual salesman and when my cut off point for handing the car back would be. Likely to be past 3 years old so the means putting it through MOT and possibly extending warranty. Also popped into Land Rover for a look and saw this F Type, which is not what I was looking for.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

springer, Jcbmally, suzannec and 2 others like this.
  24. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter S-line owners group Audi A3 Manual

Oooh ....... That RS5 is rather nice

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Pook and Audi Bairn like this.
  25. jrumball

jrumball Well-Known Member Sportback Audi A3 etron Cosmos Blue

Gave the car its first scrub in a couple of months.....

IMG_6597.jpg

Its been rather neglected since I bought a new toy a 1975 Triumph Spitfire 1500 ...

IMG_1269.jpg

Two very different cars !

Jcbmally, suzannec, BarryG79 and 3 others like this.
  26. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

So you did a 4 year PCP then? That's what puts me off getting another Audi a bit, to have the same monthly outlay again, I'd have to switch from a 36 month deal to a 48 month deal...even for the same car/deposit/discount!!! The idea of pcp to me is to avoid mot's and out of warranty worries.

Audi Bairn and TYb like this.
  27. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3

I’m in the same boat, makes no sense to be paying monthlies on a car which is out of support, i’m VT’ing mine to avoid just that.

Test drove an MX5 RF yesterday, when we ran the figures through the monthlies are the same as my S3 which just doesn’t feel right. Really nice car to drive though.

Audi Bairn likes this.
  28. Audi Bairn

Yeah, I was drooling over that thing :yes:

Scotty75 and TYb like this.
  29. Audi Bairn

Yeah, generally always done a 4 yr one and been able to change at between 2.5 and 3 yrs. Current market means that’s being pushed out to over 3 yrs now in my case.

30. Damo S

Damo S Active Member

what is she putting out now?

I took the car out in the first proper wet day since my MRC remap. The traction control light was flashing up in 3rd even in a straight line. Turned the TC off and in 2nd gear it completely spun up and the car was sliding all over the place :)

MikeParkin likes this.
  31. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

Not sure as I didn’t put it on the rollers. Just over 400bhp and 400ftlbs I think as others have had these figures or slightly over.

I found mine doing the same but got some better tyres on now so it’s not as bad. If you try to slide it it’s easy done.

32. lea323ci

lea323ci Active Member

Went out for a drive after a hot day at work , only drive it at weekends normally, but fancied a blast , must drive it more
    My old white 8p is the daily work horse

MikeParkin likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Henda

Henda Member

Whats it like to use, did you have to pay or where they free to do. I have just bought the dongle but haven’t attempted to use it yet.

35. Richard46

Richard46 Active Member TFSI Owners Group

Braved the scorchio weather to give her an especially good clean inside and out. Why ? because going in for a service tomorrow and I have this idea (probably mistaken) that service departments are going to be more careful with a car that looks loved than one that looks neglected.

Probably just the car version of daft people who tidy up before their cleaner calls.

36. ohmyaudi

ohmyaudi Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

New exhaust!!

dp_motley, Scotty75 and oli356 like this.
  37. Deepster

Deepster Active Member Team Navarra Audi S3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group

38. Ice Kay

Ice Kay Member Sportback TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Team Silver Audi A3 Manual

Straight forward to use, you get a free months trial if you bought brand new from Amazon

39. Henda

Henda Member

I did buy it from amazon. How do you activate the free trail. Connected to the car but it was asking me to pay £9.99 for a months use when i tried to make a change

40. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

hi can u share link ? did u have to run wires ?

41. Phone Tech

Phone Tech Member

LED headlights retrofitted yaaaaaas :D :)

Attached Files:

dp_motley, Kayobong and Scotty75 like this.
  42. Kayobong

Kayobong Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Golf GTI DSG

Looks great, just for reference, those headlights are bi-xenon, LED look like this:

audi_s3_8v_full_led_headlights.jpg

JohnM100 and dp_motley like this.
  43. dp_motley

This is a common misconception. I saw many cars for sale where the sellers state that their car has the LED headlights while they have the bi-xenons with the LED DRL.

Scotty75 and Kayobong like this.