What have you done to your 8V today?

Fitted a set of aluminium (or stainless steel?) pedal covets from Aliexpress. The quality is good and they fit well.

Aluminium pedals fitted

Reactions: Bittern
Last few days I was busy with re-trimming door cards. As I probably wrote before, I bought leather interior with all the extended leather for my sportback, but the interior was from a saloon. The seats fit well as they are the same for the sportback and the saloon. But the saloon door cards are slightly different in their upper part and they are not a perfect fit to the sportback doors. I didn't have any other choice than to take off the extended leather wrapped & stitched armrests and color matched door card inserts and to fit them to my own door cards. I never read that anyone had done it before and I had to act on my own risk and accept a possible failure, but it turned up well at the end. The doors look like they were factory made. I 'm pleased with the result.
ive seen how the arm rests are done too but not the inserts. Do they need drilled out too or are they glued in?

A complete detail of my car this morning(well the outside!).................................

Started at 8

-Iron out on wheels/body work
-Pressure washer rinse
-Snow foam
-Pressure washer rinse
-2 buckets wash
-Pressure washer rinse
-Dry
-Wheel/Tyre stuff
-Clay bar the whole car
-Polish the whole car
-Wax the whole car

Finished around 1:15-30

Just over 5 hours in the hot sun

knackered now lol

Reactions: Bells, RS3KEY, dp_motley and 2 others
Ordered a set of these today, plus a set of Continental Premium Contact 6. Should arrive by the end of the month. Can't wait to get them on the A3
21e944d8b35679c4186ddf0615718752.jpg

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Nice one @Scotty75, they will
Look good

Reactions: Scotty75
A complete detail of my car this morning(well the outside!).................................

Started at 8

-Iron out on wheels/body work
-Pressure washer rinse
-Snow foam
-Pressure washer rinse
-2 buckets wash
-Pressure washer rinse
-Dry
-Wheel/Tyre stuff
-Clay bar the whole car
-Polish the whole car
-Wax the whole car

Finished around 1:15-30

Just over 5 hours in the hot sun

knackered now lol
Photos or it didn't happen

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bittern and NevMan
ive seen how the arm rests are done too but not the inserts. Do they need drilled out too or are they glued in?
They are glued in. There is 5 mm thick layer of foam glued on the plastic of the door card, then there is a layer of cloth or leather glued on the foam. The foam is glued with a strong glue while the finishing upholstery material isn't and it is easily peel-able. I didn't remove the cloth off my original door cards. I just glued the leather on top of it. I used 3M adhesive spray on one of the door cards but despite I like the 3M stuff, it wasn't easy to apply it due limited place because the adhesive must be applied after you fit the new upholstery. So I used a double sided adhesive tape for the other three doors.

Pictures show everything. The hardest part is to start tucking the upholstery in between two plates of the door card (they are heat welded together). It's easier to start from the corners and go both ways. It's easier to push with a trim removal tool from inside (view pictures). When the new upholstery material is positioned right, start removing the paper off the double sided adhesive tape. Start from the corner and glue one edge, them glue the other, then the rest. Try not to move the new material as it would be glued wrong if you do. But with a lot of patience and even more swearing you can do it.

Door card re trimming 1 Door card re trimming 2 Door card re trimming 3 Door card re trimming 4

Reactions: Khufu
Fitted a set of aluminium (or stainless steel?) pedal covets from Aliexpress. The quality is good and they fit well.

View attachment 180505

I tried to order that before, but I think it's missing the top cover compares to the OEM 8V part? Do you have the side by side of the OEM and this? Does it leave anything exposed with these? Thanks!

I tried to order that before, but I think it's missing the top cover compares to the OEM 8V part? Do you have the side by side of the OEM and this? Does it leave anything exposed with these? Thanks!
Nothing is missing or exposed with these. I didn't take a picture of the two side by side, but I did compare them, especially the foot rest as it wasn't easy to fit before you figure out how to do it the right way, and I didn't find any size differences. The break pedal is made of a harder rubber than the oem one, but it's the easiest one to fit anyway. The accelerator pedal cover is the toughest to fit due the narrow edges made of the hard rubber that must be wrapped around the oem pedal. But it is worth the effort. If you are intersted, here's a link to the seller I bought from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...h-For-VW-Golf-7-GTi-MK7-Seat/32726095565.html

Nothing is missing or exposed with these. I didn't take a picture of the two side by side, but I did compare them, especially the foot rest as it wasn't easy to fit before you figure out how to do it the right way, and I didn't find any size differences. The break pedal is made of a harder rubber than the oem one, but it's the easiest one to fit anyway. The accelerator pedal cover is the toughest to fit due the narrow edges made of the hard rubber that must be wrapped around the oem pedal. But it is worth the effort. If you are intersted, here's a link to the seller I bought from: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Car...h-For-VW-Golf-7-GTi-MK7-Seat/32726095565.html

Wait... you have LHD? That would explains it... it’s entirely different story for RHD

Not so much to my A3 more with my A3 - decided to spend some time improving my relationship with the sat nav. We did not get off to a good start but things are improving lately, resetting the voice training helped.
Anyway this morning 'discovered' entering a destination by name, i.e if my google contacts has an address for Jack Smith* just say Drive me to Jack Smith and away we go.
So can enter a destination on my phone or computer keyboard and easily retrieve it.
The relationship counselling may not be needed after all.

Reactions: oli356
Just brought this Audi alloys

4c76d524e4946f4c08a53ff76233b48f.jpg

Just waiting for tyres

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: RossN14, rvtb101, V6_Man and 3 others
I never saw these rims in black. Were they new or refurbished? I'm considering to getting a set of 19" rims and looking for options. The oem alloys have the highest priority on my wish list.

I never saw these rims in black. Were they new or refurbished? I'm considering to getting a set of 19" rims and looking for options. The oem alloys have the highest priority on my wish list.

They are painted black and diamond cut at the tops , they are 19”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: dp_motley
Had these stainless steel exhaust tips fitted (by Billy at Complete Auto Solutions in Fauldhouse, West Lothian - top bloke) to replace my pitted originals. Spent some time yesterday cleaning, polishing, sealing and waxing them with Britemax twins and Hi-Temp Paste Wax.
Stainless Steel Tips
Sealant

Reactions: Dannymoto, dp_motley and Scotty75
Finally wrapped my rear spoiler in Gloss black, think it really goes well with the Black Edition pack.

Next thinking of getting my Exhaust tips painted in gloss black as well. Anyone know what the best way going about doing this?

dcc9932aa7a24900ef7f3342d76baba1.jpg

aada0b6eb496e868274cd450eb6039fb.jpg

195ac24725265790f841b9a81b74a25e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Dannymoto, Jimbob76, Mark_86 and 1 other person
I keep pondering the idea of getting them black as mine are getting more corroded. I gave them some more smacks of a rubber mallet at the weekend though and still couldn't get the things to budge lol...

Had these stainless steel exhaust tips fitted (by Billy at Complete Auto Solutions in Fauldhouse, West Lothian - top bloke) to replace my pitted originals. Spent some time yesterday cleaning, polishing, sealing and waxing them with Britemax twins and Hi-Temp Paste Wax.
View attachment 180717 View attachment 180718
They look good. Are they 3.5" (89 mm) tips?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sixlargebeers
Finally wrapped my rear spoiler in Gloss black, think it really goes well with the Black Edition pack.

Next thinking of getting my Exhaust tips painted in gloss black as well. Anyone know what the best way going about doing this?

dcc9932aa7a24900ef7f3342d76baba1.jpg

aada0b6eb496e868274cd450eb6039fb.jpg

195ac24725265790f841b9a81b74a25e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get down on the ground and tap the back with rubber mallets. Slide right off. Got mine powder coated by a local firm. £50 for all 4 tips

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I keep pondering the idea of getting them black as mine are getting more corroded. I gave them some more smacks of a rubber mallet at the weekend though and still couldn't get the things to budge lol...
Can you plastdip them with glossifier and see if you like the look?

Are there clips holding them in?
Yeah but tapping with mallet and they slide over the clip so to speak. Then they just push back on (used mallet again covered in a cloth) and they clip back in. Took me 5 minutes and I'm useless with this stuff!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: S3LOK and V6_Man
How did you go about doing this? Looking to do this on my S3 8V pre facelift that does not have the lighting pack.

I've got a retrofit kit from Aliexpress at
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1-S...-Light-8VD-919-309-A-8UD-947/32862092512.html
It seems it's no longer available but I remember finding a lot of similar kits on the site. I choose this one because the looms were sleeved with expandable sleeving instead of tape and that seemed to be more resistant especially for the moving part of the cable located under the seats. Anyway, you might also find some interesting information on this thread on footwell/cupholder lights:
https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threa...install-footwell-and-cupholder-lights.276625/

Popped over to Saino's at lunchtime to check/set my tyre pressures (cheapest handling mod out there). Sat in the queue for 20 mins. Again. Googled cordless digital tyre compressors while I was waiting, and this was in stock at the Argos on the same retail park. Ordered on the phone with fast-track collection, ditched the queue, picked up 2 mins later, and NEVER going to queue at the forecourt to check/set my tyre pressures again.

As for people winding you up whilst waiting!!! Petrol stations get me when you're waiting to get on the pump, they get out and fiddle around like it's the first time they've ever put fuel in a car! Then when they are finally finished, rather than just getting in the car and driving off, they start to mess around with their wallet/purse, having a look in their bag, checking the kids in the back, talking to the passenger, then fidget in the seat whilst they are messing around putting their seatbelts on :wtf: just move and put your belt on as you drive off!!! :box:
lol thought of this post today!!!

He started off fighting for his receipt :p

He's not finished yet!!! :whistle2:

One full minute from the time he sat down until the time he pulled away :wtf::whip: If I'd known he was going to take soooo long I would have jumped over to the pump on the right :)

Reactions: Jimbob76 and NevMan
lol thought of this post today!!!

He started off fighting for his receipt :p

He's not finished yet!!! :whistle2:

One full minute from the time he sat down until the time he pulled away :wtf::whip: If I'd known he was going to take soooo long I would have jumped over to the pump on the right :)

Lol, just spat my tea out! :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Can feel your blood pressure rising as the video goes on, and on. Exactly why I bought my cordless air compressor mate :footy:

Reactions: S32B, NevMan and Scotty75
Got a 3D wheel alignment after lowering and the S3 is now ready to hit the Autobahn next week :racer:

And yes I told him to max out the negative camber on the rear (-1.50) :whistle2:

View attachment 178769

View attachment 178770
Do you notice any difference with the maxed out negative camber on the rear? Is it visible from the outside?

I'm getting a 3D wheel alignment on Saturday and I'm wondering if should request the same.

Do you notice any difference with the maxed out negative camber on the rear? Is it visible from the outside?

I'm getting a 3D wheel alignment on Saturday and I'm wondering if should request the same.

Not a noticeable difference in handling or looks. Mind you it was around -1.30 before (IIRC).

You can use the same settings as me without any problems if you got the sport suspension (S-Line, S3, RS3).

Thank you. But you had to have a reason to maxing out the rear negative camber. Did you?

I'm on Eibach Pro with the stock sport shocks. Lowering is the reason for alignment.

Thank you. But you had to have a reason to maxing out the rear negative camber. Did you?

I'm on Eibach Pro with the stock sport shocks. Lowering is the reason for alignment.

The only reason is to know that I've maxed out the negative camber ;) -0,2 more camber will of course make a difference but nothing you would notice if you didn't knew it.

The only reason is to know that I've maxed out the negative camber ;) -0,2 more camber will of course make a difference but nothing you would notice if you didn't knew it.
Interesting by how many mm would the tire move inside the arc with this little change of the camber?

Interesting by how many mm would the tire move inside the arc with this little change of the camber?

I've just illustrated it below with a 19" rim in mind. So only around 1mm.

Upload 2019 4 24 11 3 25
Upload 2019 4 24 11 4 21