What have you done to your 8V today?

Decided to add a pair of stripes to the bonnet. Vinyl was cut to fit the narrow bevelled surface of the bonnet creases. My wife hates it but I have recieved a number of thumbs up from others. Not everyones cup of tea, I agree. Will leave it on for a few weeks and then decide if I am going to keep it.
+15 WHP? :icon thumright:

Reactions: Mac11FA
9DA0D572 7BF6 4351 89E8 C471D6EDAEAB
Lowered with spacers on rear and a coat of G-Tech C2 V3

Reactions: Gavy, Jud, Audi Bairn and 5 others
Upgraded pedals today. Will try to make a matching footrest as I can’t find one anywhere.

View attachment 172392

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bDJ9BQop

Here is where I got mine, it’s the same seller but for some reason they’ve changed the picture (or maybe even the item). Have a look at the reviews there pictures in there.

I know a few people on here and the MK7 forum (not sure if that’s what it’s called) have got this dead pedal. I’ve had mine for a while now but haven’t got around to installing it. The items good looks and feels sturdy.

Hope this helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: wobbly box
Turbo Technics inlet
81567fb9cb939ea9026266776e9f93ea.jpg
381c5b835ba7b838eeb3b5c667e362f8.jpg
59e4fe0a2ee00d2c826ccb50fbfa5afe.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gavy, MikeParkin, Kondax and 2 others
Spent all morning detailing my car with a load of Auto Finesse products that i have been buying throughout last week from various places. I wanted a change so went for that make

Just a run down...............blah, blah, blah....
1. Iron Out on the body work and wheels(then sprayed off using a portable pressure washer)
2. Unable to use a electric pressure washer, so no snow foaming!, went straight on using the Lather for the wash
3. Dried using the Aqua towel
4. Gave it a complete polish using Tripple 3
5. Gave it a wax over the polish using Glisten spray wax
6. Finally put 2 coast of Satin tyre creme on the tyres

3 hours or so later my car looks awesome, sorry i didn't take any pics!

So far the Auto Finesse products have been great!

Reactions: Pook
A couple of pics i took of my car earlier on, just showing the results of yesterdays three and half hour detailing sesh using the Auto Finesse products that i got

IMG 20190107 103957kk
IMG 20190107 104036k

Reactions: Philip Davies, mjcairney, Dunedin and 3 others
Changed my original 2015MY interior dimming rear view mirror to the 2016MY version, have to say what an improvement the 2015MY version looks like it's made by Fisher Price in comparison!!

2015 top .....
View attachment 111891

Also the high beam assist camera is different it looks way more sophisticated on the later version so will see how it performs in the morning ....

View attachment 111892

View attachment 111893

Hello

Do you have a part number for 2016 mirror?

Hello

Do you have a part number for 2016 mirror?

Hi, no afraid not that was some time ago. best find a 2016 car an autotrader and give that reg to a parts guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not the 16, but I think the 17 is 81A857511A

@Rob2k68, what did you need to change in VCDS to support the new camera?

As mine had high beam assist I had to record that module with VCDS. Was pretty straight forward though and well worth the effort.

As mine had high beam assist I had to record that module with VCDS. Was pretty straight forward though and well worth the effort.

I've got HBA too, do you know roughly what in VCDS you needed to recode to support it?

I've got HBA too, do you know roughly what in VCDS you needed to recode to support it?

No I can’t remember exactly as it must be around 2 years ago when I did mine.

It was very self explanatory though just asks for stuff like type of vehicle truck or car and what side of the road you drive on. If you have it now just do an adaptation map showing coding of current mirror.

Reactions: Kondax and MikeParkin
No I can’t remember exactly as it must be around 2 years ago when I did mine.

It was very self explanatory though just asks for stuff like type of vehicle truck or car and what side of the road you drive on. If you have it now just do an adaptation map showing coding of current mirror.

Sure, thanks for the help. I'll take a look later

Reactions: Rob2k68
Since I think I'm done with the mods, just cleaned it
b5b00b1b7702ed40194635d3483622ff.jpg
d8c3e950aa680f6ee047b0967c2ed1ba.jpg

Reactions: Smurf S3, Gavy, loftylad and 6 others
Small change. Vent rings from red to blue
20190116 121635 3024x1470
20190116 121650 3024x1470

Reactions: Kondax, AlS3BE, MattSedg and 3 others
Just briefly clicked on their site and it’s a busy site, how did you get the s3 logo one?

Call them and you can tell them everything you want on the mats from carpet type to lettering

Call them and you can tell them everything you want on the mats from carpet type to lettering

Ahh yeah I’ve seen the number, thanks I’ll deffo be on to them they look ace!

Reactions: Leevr
New wheels fitted, thanks @jaysrs4

4 wheel alighment also...
808b8a440e00d83d6a8a28d0589e197d.jpg

Reactions: AlS3BE, BarryG79, Gavy and 2 others
Re-fitted my Milltek after having it repaired, back to annoying my annoying neighbours !

Reactions: simonali and Leevr
Which quality of carpet did you go for? Just had a look at their website and there are two options.
You have to call them as their not allowed to advertise the S3 logo. Might have something to do with copyrights.

You have to call them as their not allowed to advertise the S3 logo. Might have something to do with copyrights.

No worry, I don't have an s3 anyway lol, I wish. I just really liked the bright colour of the mats. :D

Reactions: Leevr
Cleaned the S3 for the first time this year...can't remember the last time I did clean it really, been a while!!

Exhaust tips have been neglected though and the pitting has got worse.. oops.... if i could get the darn things off I would possibly consider getting them gloss black or something, but they are super super super glued on.

Cleaned the S3 for the first time this year...can't remember the last time I did clean it really, been a while!!

Exhaust tips have been neglected though and the pitting has got worse.. oops.... if i could get the darn things off I would possibly consider getting them gloss black or something, but they are super super super glued on.
You’ll need either a good solid wooden mallet, or a block of wood and use a metal hammer. They’re tight, but do come off.

You’ll need either a good solid wooden mallet, or a block of wood and use a metal hammer. They’re tight, but do come off.
Tried with a rubber mallet once whilst the rear of the car was on jacks, managed to get one off but the others weren't having it. Gave up lol

Fitted my carbon spoiler final need to do mirror caps & diffuser:wink:
869F96D9 42D2 4FFA 9F1E C4902F6B04D7

Attachments

• 98DF4F2C-B059-45D1-91A7-F43A09953CD9.jpeg
    98DF4F2C-B059-45D1-91A7-F43A09953CD9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: AlS3BE