1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your 8V today?

Relliott6879 Jan 27, 2015

1. Chris.D

Chris.D Member

Didn't fancy keeping the i3 over the weekend instead of the S3 then I take it @oli356 :)

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. oli356

oli356 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi S3 Black Edition S tronic

Haha it had to go back anyway, plus it only had 30 miles left on that battery stuff :p

It's got the petrol extender thing mind you. Not sure how much more range that gives it tho!

4. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

Pinky1959 and Leevr like this.
  5. Adam14

Adam14 Well-Known Member Team Glacier Team V6 Audi S5 Coupe

oli356 likes this.
  6. Kondax

Kondax Well-Known Member Team Glacier Gold Supporter Audi S4 Black Edition

Looks zoomed in and the car is wet/damp

7. Chris.D

Chris.D Member

Interesting to hear your thoughts on the iDrive system, it's actually the one thing I prefer from my previous BM over my current Audi.

8. Starry

Starry S3 8V saloon... APR Stage 2....(-:

Wet car and zoomed in on my phone.

9. oli356

I was always under the impression it was better. Not sure if the i3 version is slightly different, the screen is small though.. A quick Google shows its either been upgraded to a larger one or this car has a lower speck.

I only used it briefly to be honest , but even navigating around the radio section I just found slower. Having to move the wheel left or right, I was just getting a bit lost lol.

I think the FL audi has a concept of moving left and right though with the wheel so I don't want to compare to my PFL (which I don't mind)

Voice activation on the bmw worked well for the one time I tried it... Never works in audi.

Suppose id need to drive cars with the latest and greatest and similar speced systems for a fair comparison.

Chris.D likes this.
  10. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Looking spot on mate. Great colour, alloys and now ride height

sparkymark75 likes this.
  11. michael pash

michael pash Member

Finally got the winter shoes on ❄
    Screenshot_20181027-142815_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20181027-142555_Gallery.jpg

Pinky1959, X3man and dp_motley like this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Soo....after much thought I traded my S3 after spending quite a bit getting it to stage 2.

Just had a really nice offer I could not resist .

Got this bad boy...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Kayobong, Pinky1959, rvtb101 and 11 others like this.
  14. Adam14

Wow what a beauty and what an upgrade! Not hard to see how you couldn't resist.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  15. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Tell me about it..the speed...the comfort and it’s nearly fully specs demo model. I won’t be able to chuck it about as much as the S3 for sure but really loving the S7 so far!!

X3man likes this.
  16. Adam14

What extras has it got? Or is there / will there be an intro post?

17. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Will do an intro post in the next couple of days

18. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Glacier Supercharged TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Team Scuba Audi S4 quattro Audi A3 Black Edition

That's some upgrade mate. The colour along with them silver alloy combo is awesome. Welldone and congrats on the purchase. Will be looking forward to reading your thread mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X3man likes this.
  19. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Thanks, interesting you say that cause I wanted to get my alloys done all black and add black bits into the car as soon as possible. As sepang blue and black combinations is so bad ***

Rolly12 and V6_Man like this.
  20. Fatbloke

Fatbloke Active Member

Got the winter wheels/tyres on and fitted the rear mudflaps. Still got the front ones to do.

Bring on the snow.

X3man likes this.
  21. Kondax

Don't say that... I'm really tempted to swap in my A3 for an A7.

AJ Jacob likes this.
  22. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

As this is the 8V forum you should have posted about all the hardware and software works we did in order to get your old S3 ready to trade in! Lol

Gratz on the new car fella. Great spec this one, cannot wait to see it later this week :)

X3man likes this.
  23. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

That’s for sure, No way I would have been able to swap the car in for a trade without the work done by DJAlix.

We literally took a stage 2 car and reverted it back to stock on Sunday! DJAlix does his magic again lol

X3man and V6_Man like this.
  24. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Just do it if you looking for more comfort and practicality. But won’t be able to chuck it about like an A3! Even with the S7 you feel the weight of the car when you push it hard.

Kondax and V6_Man like this.
  25. oli356

Nice S7!

-
    I sat in car for an hour today on my 8 mile commute.... 17mpg at the end of it, omg.... need to work from home more in the winter lol

X3man likes this.
  26. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

Start and stop cruise control is the best thing for this

27. oli356

When you are moving a hundred metres over a 20 minute period, even that doesn't help much haha.

28. Adam14

Welcome to my daily commute into Cambridge. 15 mile journey, takes nearly 2 hours.

oli356 likes this.
  29. AJ Jacob

AJ Jacob AJ

At least you get 17 in the S7 I get 8.....

Really surprised though managed to get 32mpg on the high way and normal town driving around 14mpg

30. oli356

Ouch hahaha. I couldn't deal with that lol, even only at the 13000 I do in the year.

Screw that....! I prefer when I leave early or late and get lucky with the traffic lights, 15mins . Much nicer. I could never justify commuting an hour each way.

31. Adam14

It's not too bad now, when I can I work from home. But yeah I leave home around 6.50 and arrive at around 8.40 Coming home is better at just under the hour mark.

32. Kondax

My dad has an A5, so exactly inbetween the two. I love the feeling of the car being heavier, feels like you're being pushed around in it. Probably helps that his is quattro and mine is FWD haha

33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. Adam14

Spent the day cleaning, polishing and waxing the car. First time clay barring and waxing. Pretty happy with how it's turned out. The parents new A6 Avant photobombed one picture. Also got blacked out badges front and back now.[​IMG][​IMG]

X3man, Pook, Jcbmally and 7 others like this.
  35. Philip Davies

Philip Davies Space Cowboy 101

[​IMG]

Snow foamed, Clay gloved with a Farcela G3, Meguiars DA polished followed by their “ultimate liquid wax” to finish. Looking good for a 3 year old car?

X3man and BarryG79 like this.
  36. Flying Scotsman

Flying Scotsman Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Audi S3 saloon

Looking damn good for a red coloured car, which are notorious for swirl etc

X3man and Philip Davies like this.
  37. Philip Davies

Philip Davies Space Cowboy 101

Yep, it’s resisted quite well so far especially considering it’s a solid paint, haven’t yet felt the need to use anything abrasive to correct the surface

38. jrumball

jrumball Well-Known Member Sportback Audi A3 etron Cosmos Blue

Went to see @DJAlix yesterday for a catch up and figure out what I had done wrong with my active TPMS install ..... (reversed can wires even though colour coding matched and I have learnt about virgin modules). Finished off the coding for Traffic Jam Assist and Emergency Assist, and have come up with a plan to enable the ambient lighting in my rear door modules.

A good chat and amazing service as always !

IMG_4902.jpg

39. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Team Ibis VAG Can Professional Gold Supporter VCDS Map User quattro ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Was great seeing you fella and was a pleasure working on your car.! That E-tron of yours is very very interesting. Drives surprisingly well.

X3man and V6_Man like this.
  40. sparkymark75

sparkymark75 Active Member Team Sepang S3 Saloon Audi S3

Stage 1 remap installed via SuperChips BlueFin. Had an issue with the desktop app crashing while installing the map on the Bluefin device but nothing a reboot couldn't sort!

Then it was the anxious wait while it took the 15 minutes to install the map. Only drove the car home from work but already the car seems more alive, more eager to get going and I see the boost gauge coming on quicker and faster. Might not be as good as a custom MRC map or a Revo map but it'll do for me for now.

Once I get a sports car fitted further down the line, the stage 2 map is only an additional £50!

Dunedin likes this.
  41. boydyski

boydyski Active Member

A company near me has recently become an official Racingline dealer...I got a quote for the stage 1 map...£720 inc VAT!!!

Scotty75 likes this.
  42. Scotty75

Scotty75 Well-Known Member Sportback Team Brilliant Black Silver Supporter Audi A3 S-line owners group Manual

Simply ..... Lol.

That's utterly ridiculous.

Sent from my Nokia 8 using Tapatalk

43. boydyski

boydyski Active Member

I know - £100 per 10hp advertised increase over stock. All the higher stage maps are free but £720 as a base is nonsense.