What have you done to your 8V today?

Last minute buy of GAP insurance..... Forgot to do it months ago but at least its done now £200 for 2 years

Reactions: EvOS3 and TYb
In for APR stage 1 high torque just now...

Made 328bhp with VWR Intake and TT inlet pipe on standard map.

Reactions: EvOS3
Installed the clearmount phone holder. Love it already!

Unfortunately, I also got a crack in the windscreen :(

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 385
  • crack.jpg
    crack.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 359
Had a res delete pipe fitted Tuesday, will be coming off today, its not for me..............:wtf:

Haven't done anything to the car in 9 days (!) since it has been in the workshop for magride clunk fix and repairing a parking dent. But today I ordered this through a Chinese co-worker. Hopefully it will arrive together with some parts for the company in a week or two. Exciting to see how good quality it is, it should be aluminium and ¥145 is quite much in China.

Phoneholder

Haven't done anything to the car in 9 days (!) since it has been in the workshop for magride clunk fix and repairing a parking dent. But today I ordered this through a Chinese co-worker. Hopefully it will arrive together with some parts for the company in a week or two. Exciting to see how good quality it is, it should be aluminium and ¥145 is quite much in China.

View attachment 152989
How is it mounted exactly? The product picture just looks like someone photoshop the holder between the air vents. Also noticed that you might have problems connecting a power cable to the phone with the bottom support getting in the way.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

How is it mounted exactly? The product picture just looks like someone photoshop the holder between the air vents. Also noticed that you might have problems connecting a power cable to the phone with the bottom support getting in the way.

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

From the pictures it should be okay and with the iPhone charger I think there's enough room. But let's see maybe I'll regret spending money on it :boxing:

However, I do regret not getting the pink one with the Audi logo on the last picture! :hubbahubba:

2018 04 12 10 45 56

2018 04 12 10 46 20

2018 04 12 10 46 07

2018 04 12 10 46 50

A polish and ceramic wax:

[photo=large]9308[/photo][photo=large]9307[/photo][photo=large]9306[/photo][photo=large]9305[/photo]

Reactions: Pinky1959, Leevr, Neessh and 4 others
Figured out that the car actually tells you when the headlights are on and off in automatic mode! Why they put the indication the headlights are on light down by our knees i will never know....

Reactions: BarryG79
Figured out that the car actually tells you when the headlights are on and off in automatic mode! Why they put the indication the headlights are on light down by our knees i will never know....

I know very strange that most cars have on the dash as well - I thought I saw a virtual dash the other day that showed that the headlights were on - might be wrong

Doesn't it make sense though that the light status is on the light control?

Though, it took me a while to notice too..... so from a "turn your ******* lights on" perspective, it would make sense for there to be a status light on the dash...

-

I drove my car today for the first time since last Friday :O .. nothing too exciting otherwise :)

Last edited:
Made 324 on same rollers stock
Tune on 21st watch this space :rockwoot:

Mine made 337 stock, all i done was opened up the air intake & fitted a Ramair filter, now running 380.6BHP Stage 1, im please with the way it now pulls, you will love it once yours is done :racer:

Reactions: Marky-s3
Made 385 bhp on the APR Stage 1 file so very happy with that at the moment.

Reactions: JM 772 and Marky-s3
The software for the facelift dq381 7 speed is not avalible yet with apr
I had my mk7 r mapped and got slip on hi torque and had to get the dsg software to sort it

No.... only running 375 lb/ft of torque although the 7 speed box appears to handle a lot more torque than the 6 speed box. Once TCU map is available and I am looking for more power I will stick on my DP and go Stage 2 hi torque file.

Reactions: GregS3
Fitted the vents i got from @jungle650.

Half way comparison

And little close up.
5DE81D06 2C47 4DDF AC62 0C6C0A43F3FF

Attachments

• 87983611-EC4F-4A3E-ACB8-AA468340060C.jpeg
    87983611-EC4F-4A3E-ACB8-AA468340060C.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 335
Reactions: Iulix, Leevr and jungle650
Just given the car a clean, and for the 1st time i rinsed it in rain water from my water butt, left it to air dry and was amazed by the results.
Although there were a few water marks they are really hard to spot on the paintwork, you can see a few on the windows but a squirt of quick detailer and it was sorted.....

Just given the car a clean, and for the 1st time i rinsed it in rain water from my water butt, left it to air dry and was amazed by the results.
Although there were a few water marks they are really hard to spot on the paintwork, you can see a few on the windows but a squirt of quick detailer and it was sorted.....

Water marks never bother me after a wash as l always use a quick detailer as a drying aid when l towel dry......a deionizer are great if you wash/rinse your car in the sunlight but given the price of them....a quick detailer and a quality drying towel is far more effective and cheaper

Water marks never bother me after a wash as l always use a quick detailer as a drying aid when l towel dry......a deionizer are great if you wash/rinse your car in the sunlight but given the price of them....a quick detailer and a quality drying towel is far more effective and cheaper
The problem here is the water is sooo hard, it measures 400ppm and if its sunny then its near impossible to dry it fast enough without leaving water marks. Yes the QD helps but at least with the rain water it makes things easier.

Last edited:
The problem here is the water is sooo hard, it measures 400ppm and if its sunny then its near impossible to dry it fast enough without leaving water marks. Yes the QD helps but at least with the rain water it makes things easier.
I suppose so mate but l personaly don't wash my car when it's sunny then again the sun is never oot in Scotland lol

Reactions: Dunedin, Tom.H, Starry and 1 other person
Fitted my AWE Tuning Switchpath Exhaust Valve Controller Remote, going to be a bit annoying to open the valves every time I get in the car, but had a quick blast down the motorway and at 80mph ish the difference was quite noticeable (got a res delete), so happy about that.

Also fitted Jungles old MTM Cantronic.
Tomorrow, it needs a wash though :)

Reactions: jungle650
Fitted my AWE Tuning Switchpath Exhaust Valve Controller Remote, going to be a bit annoying to open the valves every time I get in the car, but had a quick blast down the motorway and at 80mph ish the difference was quite noticeable (got a res delete), so happy about that.

Also fitted Jungles old MTM Cantronic.
Tomorrow, it needs a wash though :)

It'll be a Flux capacitor you'll be fitting next
FLUX AD

Reactions: oli356
Thanks @oli356 - let's do it again

So, we do have a thread with the title, "What did you do with your A3/S3 today". Well, bought my missus an A3 8V last week and she doesn't know about - it will be a surprise

So, decided to give a thorough clean or detail it before she comes back Friday next week from her holidays.

Tis a 14 plate, Sportback Stronic with Xenon headlights and rears LEDs, EU Nav, Comfort Pack, Rear Parking camera and folding mirrors. All it is missing is an Sline body kit and alloys but I am not fussed. Car was detailed yesterday thanks to @jassyo06 for recommending Scholl S20; brilliant product and thanks mate. Details below in order:

Wash routine along with products used:
1- BH Alloy Wheel cleaner with combination of different brushes
2- Wheel Arches cleaned with BH Surfex HD again, with combination of long and short handle brushes
3- BH Snowfoam (twice)
4- CarPro TarX
5- BH Korrosol
6- Megs Gold Class Shampoo with Adam's Polishes ADM-10 wash pad (love it)
7- Lower areas washed with Megs MF wash mitt (one foralloys and one for lower areas of the car)
7- Car dried with Monster MF XL (purple)
8- Door sills dried with Megs Supreme shine MF cloth

Body Prep:
1- BH Auto Clay bar soft
2- Dodo Juice Born Slippery (it is ****** slippery, might try it tonight )
3- Megs Supreme Shine MF cloth to dry
4- Car washed again with Megs Shampoo, Adam's Polishes pad and dried with Purple Monster
4- All trim covered with masking tape

Polish etc:
1- Megs DA (I know but it works for me )
2- CG Hex-Logic Quantum Green Pads
3- Scholl S20 Black 1-Step along with CarPro BOA MF 500 GSM
4- Gtechniq Panel Wipe
5- CarPro Reload using CarPro BOA MF Towel 500 GSM (off course different to the one above)
I have Fusso 99 and wanted to use it thought there wasn't any point after CP Reload

Alloys:
1- Sealed with PB Wheel Sealent
2- Megs Ultimate Tyre Shine using Megs SoftFoam Applicator Pads

Interior
1- BH Surfex HD
2- AG Vinyl and Rubber Shine using Megs Evencoat MF polished pads and AG Hi-Tech Finishing Cloth
(I don't know why I am using AG interior shine but I do)
3- Carpets cleaned with BH Surfex HD, then with Brisk VF Autosmart Foam Cleaner
4- Car Seats cleaned with Brisk Autosmart Foam Cleaner

Let's hope you guys like the effort and that pictures do the justice:

(The only before picture)

43e108d4e0fa84ef8cb3aca86c4b1994.jpg

After:

7bb857e4725de9fae614e97beb254dee.jpg

342ce68b209cc501f98c9cea4c478385.jpg

8f9cf8c28d15f94c9fb117e0962c3a0a.jpg

86a60a026284bff379c2fd5b7f3e479a.jpg

302d56dfd40736b02bb114164620bd06.jpg

a3c190eacd1c7ca1562bd30294de7b63.jpg

0d0fa854c18834897c8cfd088f9d7597.jpg

d4f80a11f7c982e4acfd50b721499670.jpg

7bd3c521cf51dc685af0c65290c6e135.jpg

79f735b1c3a754a197eef19d044c3f24.jpg

d4b244e4a19f7b0dba580cf02db8ef27.jpg

a91b36456ebcff48f6b79cdd04bf33e7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: voorhees, Pinky1959, EmmaJ and 5 others
Bought a maxon front splitter. Arrived today. Rieger diffuser inbound. Next is the milltek system
IMG 20180417 WA0002

Reactions: V6_Man and Starry
Wipe off some bird crap and notice another paint problem....
IMG 20180418 163045
Got a few small chips like this, not sure if a touch up pen would solve my problems? Bonnet, drivers door etc..
IMG 20180418 16303301

Wipe off some bird **** and notice another paint problem....
View attachment 153522
Got a few small chips like this, not sure if a touch up pen would solve my problems? Bonnet, drivers door etc..
View attachment 153523
The best way to make these stone chips virtually fade out of sight is touch up paint and then. . .... Buy yourself one of these simple to use and it has a
Screenshot 20180418 174529
ultra fine point, just add some paint into the little pot attached to the pen, also in conjuction with this pen buy some Dodo Juice purple haze wax it's great at disguising minute blemishes on sepang paint

Last edited:
Reactions: oli356 and TYb
Finally got around to retrofitting in TT-RS front brakes. Talking about a major bump in stopping power... :icon thumright:

Reactions: TYb
@DJAlix the rear MTM one looks pretty good next to the quattro badge :)

100x better than the "M"320d on the back of a BMW earlier :)

Thanks @jassyo06 , will buy one of the pens from the States and some paint etc :)

Last edited:
@DJAlix the rear MTM one looks pretty good next to the quattro badge :)

100x better than the "M"320d on the back of a BMW earlier :)

Thanks @jassyo06 , will buy one of the pens from the States and some paint etc :)
Might remove the Quattro badge. Just removed the Quattro decals I had on the rear doors as I have a FL RS Grill going on this Friday and do not want a Quattro logo on every panel lol

Might remove the Quattro badge. Just removed the Quattro decals I had on the rear doors as I have a FL RS Grill going on this Friday and do not want a Quattro logo on every panel lol
Now now, you can't remove ALL the quattro logos lol. Looking forward to the pics with the grill :)

The best way to make these stone chips virtually fade out of sight is touch up paint and then. . .... Buy yourself one of these simple to use and it has a View attachment 153531 ultra fine point, just add some paint into the little pot attached to the pen, also in conjuction with this pen buy some Dodo Juice purple haze wax it's great at disguising minute blemishes on sepang paint
i remember when Larry from AMMOnyc released a video using this little tool, think the price went from $8 to $30something the days after he released the vid.

Reactions: Schizophonic and Jassyo06