1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Server Issues [Search] 21-22/07/18

We are currently rebuilding the site's search index due to an earlier database problem, so search results will be incomplete for a time. The process happens quite quickly, and we'll be keeping an eye on it. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

Thanks for your patience.

ASN Admin
    Dismiss Notice

What have you done to your 8V today?

Relliott6879 Jan 27, 2015

1. Relliott6879

Relliott6879 Active Member Team Glacier Audi A3 Audi Cabriolet Owner Group TDi

I've seen this type of thread on another forum I'm part of and it always seems fairly popular, allowing us to share ideas and inspiration, or just simply enjoy reading about the progress of eachother's vehicles.

To start the ball rolling, I have changed all four wheels on mine for a spare set of 16s I bought, complete with winter tyres. Mr Weatherman has warned of more snow headed for Glasgow, so they seemed a shrewd investment. £230 delivered for four genuine Audi alloys with Pirelli and Bridgestone tyres was too great a bargain to pass up!

I'm sure a lot of the mods and general tinkering on here will be a little more adventurous than this, particularly from the S3 boys. Over to you!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

Dreamed about it some more! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ACWKGYTO, LuisM, rikia93 and 2 others like this.
  4. Marc18

Marc18 Well-Known Member Team Vegas Yellow Audi S3 Sportback

Not today but the last thing I did to it was a boost gauge. I'll update as I go, always adding things lol

DSC_0324.JPG

5. Relliott6879

I like that, very neatly done, could almost be factory fit.

6. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member Team Ibis TeamMisano Audi S3

I looked at mine, wasn't impressed as its dirty again after four hours cleaning it on Sunday

YBZNII and 24styles like this.
  7. glospete

glospete Well-Known Member Team Ibis Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Audi A3 Audi TT S-line owners group

Now that looks the business. Do let on what make, how difficult was it to fit etc etc.

8. Marc18

Only thing that annoys me is the gauge sits about half an inch out of the vent. The defi racer gauges are chunky at the top so don't alloy a flush fit

TonyH38 likes this.
  9. Marc18

Osir vent pod £35
    Defi racer gauge £120
    Apr boost tap £45

Didn't fit it myself, as I'd expected, the guy doing the fitting had issues with canbus. Took around an hour total

glospete likes this.
  10. Relliott6879

[​IMG]:icon thumright:

q5man and jassyo06 like this.
  11. RichardT

RichardT Well-Known Member Team Brill Red saloon Audi A3

Ditto. I didn't want to take mine out of the garage Monday morning, but needs must!

12. Avatar

13. AndyB-S3

AndyB-S3 Well-Known Member Team Samoa Orange Team Panther Audi S3 Audi TT

I put some Trebor soft mints in my arm rest storage...every time I open it, it smells great... :)

Marc I am liking the gauge!! Nicely done. :)

jassyo06 and Marc18 like this.
  14. Ellis

Ellis New Member

Today I watched my brand spanking new S-Line 2.0 TDI being delivered to the office car park, and at lunchtime I shall drive it for the first time ever! :D

24styles, phil1824, David83S3 and 2 others like this.
  15. Daveotto

Daveotto Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Floret Silver Gold Supporter Audi S3 S3 Saloon

waiting until lunchtime, really!!!!...I expect lunch will be shortly after 11am today

16. Tej13

Tej13 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Black Edition quattro S tronic S3 Saloon

Good work!

does it illuminate in the same colour as the dials

17. Marc18

I bought white to match, can also buy blue or red, it's brighter than the dialsbbit matches nicely
    DSC_0323.JPG
    Poor image quality but you get the idea

HectorS3 and nickatkinson like this.
  18. elpaulio

elpaulio Active Member Audi S3

I picked mines up last night after getting washed, valeted and having AGlaze applied.
    Looks shiny shiny!!! Then drove her to work and admired her shinyness :)

Think a cheeky wee blast at lunchtime will be in order ;)

Psyman79 likes this.
  19. steeve

steeve Well-Known Member Team Ibis TeamMisano Audi S3

Mmm. Nothing but nothing gets to touch my paint surface when it dirty until its been foamed, rinsed etc etc. Applying anything on a grimy dirty car will only serve to rub said dirt across the paintwork. Spraying detailer on doesn't remove the dirt its still there.

20. MA3RC

MA3RC Well-Known Member Team Brill Red TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A3

Put some black Audi centre caps on my new alloys :)

[​IMG]

Eliot Ness and pat15312 like this.
  21. M1ke H

M1ke H Active Member Audi TTS Deep Green Pearl

Nothing!

It got put in the garage last Saturday after washing and cleaning and hasn't moved since.

I've been using the MG this week - only because I realised I've put less than 2k miles on it since the last MOT :)

ACWKGYTO likes this.
  22. Psyman79

Psyman79 Sarcasm is hard on a forum ;) Team Vegas Yellow Audi S3

Did you get the AGlaze done at The Washbay in Cove? Looked into that for the A3 but glad i didn't as i didn't keep it for long.
    What do you think of the result?

Si.

23. elpaulio

I did indeed get it done at the Washbay mate.

Can't fault their service as they have been really nice and helpful. Initial impressions are its very shiny! I asked about how long till I wash it and they said a week and the guy then said, actually just bring it back here in a week and they'll wash it again for me as he wants to go over the wheels some more due to them being a matt finish.
    They also did the inside and there is a slight shiny mark where what ever they have put on the leather hasn't been fully wiped off but I went in at lunchtime to see them and he said they'll sort that when it goes back in on Tuesday so will see.

I had to give it a quick jet wash after work today as it was covered in the dusty fall out from our machine shop so I just gave it a wee blast with water only and it took all the dust off and the water beaded and ran off quite nicely. Was nothing more than a heavy shower in the water volume stakes as I did it from really far away so it wasn't blasting it.

Would defy recommend them so far, will let you know what like on Tuesday once I've had it re washed by them and the seat sorted :thumbs up:

Psyman79 likes this.
  24. Dandanfings

Dandanfings Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter Audi S3

[​IMG]

Russell Bell, dragon, Rob2k68 and 2 others like this.
  25. elpaulio

Oh my!!:hubbahubba::hubbahubba:

I do believe you win :thumbs up:

26. Dandanfings

Dandanfings Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter Audi S3

:)
    haven't had a chance to fit them yet, waiting for my blue caps to arrive.

27. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group saloon Audi A4 S-line owners group

Put £41 of petrol in it today and was surprised how much it filled the tank with the pump prices being lower. Oh and my average drive to work was just under 60mpg as shown by the DIS.

28. Psyman79

Excellent, will be nice to see what you think of it. I asked on here when i'd originally looked at getting it done but didn't get much feedback.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for it? I was quoted £250 in December 2013.

Cheers buddy.

Si :)

29. wideboybloke

wideboybloke Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TFSI Owners Group Audi Avant Owner Group S-line owners group

Washed it. Well, 2 days ago, but it still looks great as we've had a bit of a break from the wet stuff.

Attached Files:

MB86, TMB, Bandicoot51 and 1 other person like this.
  30. elpaulio

Yeah mate, was quoted £250. Looks good so far I must say!

Finish at half two today and will be going to the garage to blast the dirt and **** off again so will get to see it clean in daylight which I haven't really seen yet so guess that'll tell a bit more.

Will need to arrange a meet up sometime to compare motors if you're interested?!? Would like to have a proper nosey at a saloon S3 ;)

31. Psyman79

Sounds positive so far :)

Yeah, will try and get something sorted soon. Meeting @thedooker and @Martinbanshee at B&Q tomorrow to do some vcds stuff. On duty though so might not make it if my boats are f**king about :)

32. elpaulio

Yep, so far so good :)

Ah cool, will need to try and get something sorted out as you say.
    Will watch out for an S3 contingent tomorrow :thumbs up:

33. Avatar

34. thedooker

thedooker Active Member

Yesterday a "kind, considerate" HGV driver decided to force me onto a kerb and put a split in the wall of my front tyre.

So TODAY I used it as an excuse to get a full set of Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S 2s on her. I am happy to be rid of the contis......my bank however......

elpaulio and Psyman79 like this.
  35. Psyman79

Its weird that you have to like things that are a bit poop. Forums should really have a "Sympathise With" button :)

36. thedooker

thedooker Active Member

You're right!

Maybe the forum mods could sort that out!

Psyman79 likes this.
  37. MA3RC

MA3RC Well-Known Member Team Brill Red TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User Audi A3

I recently purchased a set of these. All I can say is wow! Such a smooth and comfortable ride! The grip is epic as well, in the wet it's especially noticeable :). I came from Pirellis mind.

thedooker likes this.
  38. Psyman79

Thanks to @Martinbanshee i've now got oil temp on my dis (other than in lap timer) and acc default menu option added.

Thanks again.

elpaulio likes this.
  39. Ben Daniel Grant

Ben Daniel Grant S3 Sportback 300PS Team Sepang Audi S3 quattro

Took a nice road trip down to Lyme Regis, needless to say it now needs a clean again, a nice job for tomorrow

rvtb101 likes this.
  40. Martinbanshee

Martinbanshee Well-Known Member TeamMisano Audi S3 saloon quattro

No problem, maybe next time we'll have time for a proper chat.

Psyman79 and elpaulio like this.
  41. pedro61163

pedro61163 Active Member

Just picked up s3 back box from ccws3 tonight will be fitted once I get rear diffuser to match then 19" s3 alloys will get fitted in March

42. Relliott6879

Broke out the Meguiar's and treated her to a wash, polish and wax. The 16" winters I picked up don't look half bad, either.

[​IMG]

MA3RC likes this.
  43. OliJ

OliJ Active Member

Set the alarm for 6am. Planned to take her down for a blast about the peak district early doors. 6am comes and I promptly re-consider my choice. So I went and checked my tyre pressures, all four low by about 4 PSI.

Could my Sunday be any more rock'n'roll?

robps3 likes this.