What have you done in your B9 today

Pretty sure the 18" S4 tyres are not Hankook and are something more mainstream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry I was quoting my vehicle, not the s4, but the tyres are 18" none the less...

Reactions: Nath.S4
Reactions: Thundercliffe81, Keef and TripleD
That's not a bad idea: all the noise with all the comfort :)

Sport Diff: Auto
Suspension: Comfort
Exhaust: Dynamic
Steering: Comfort

That's my daily setting.

Reactions: duckduck, Dave70 and Keef
Just zoomed in on a pic someone posed in different thread and they look like Bridgestone Potenza anyone got experience with these ? I had them on my fiesta st and If the only difference is size then I remember them to be quite good just didn't last to long.

Mine is shod with Bridgestone Potenzas. No complaints so far, but I don't often drive in a way that pushes them to the limit. I had them on a Seat Altea 2.0 fsi years ago and the fronts lasted 22,000 miles. My only complaint with the tyres on that car was road noise, but that doesn't happen with the A4 Avant as it's such a well insulated vehicle.

Slightly worrying as all my driving is on country lanes and it's always wet and muddy haha. I wonder if the 18s have a better tyre can anyone confirm this ?

My S4 is on the Potenza tyre and actually really impressed. Can't really get it to lose much grip, and I live in the sticks where the roads are normally covered in leaves, mud and ice.
There isn't much change in grip due to temperature either. I've got a BMW Z4 on Bridgestones, and if it's below 3 degrees or wet, it won't be able to handle full throttle!

Noticed that some git has hit my car and scarpered.

Attachments

• IMG_0203.JPG
    IMG_0203.JPG
    916 KB · Views: 365
I feel your pain, strange damage though, perhaps chipsaway can easily repair it for you...

It's not been damaged by another car, I think it's been caught by buggy or something of that ilk. You can't see in the picture but there are some fine horizontal scratches that go left to right.

I noticed a big stone chip on the bonnet the other day. Not as bad as yours - but a sad moment when the newness of the car is stripped away! Even repaired, you know deep down it isn't immaculate anymore.

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
It's not been damaged by another car, I think it's been caught by buggy or something of that ilk. You can't see in the picture but there are some fine horizontal scratches that go left to right.
The black isn't something thats been left behind then?

I noticed a big stone chip on the bonnet the other day. Not as bad as yours - but a sad moment when the newness of the car is stripped away! Even repaired, you know deep down it isn't immaculate anymore.
Fortunately it's cosmetic damage only and can easily be repaired.

The black isn't something thats been left behind then?
No, what you can see is beneath the paintwork. Fortunately one of my friends owns a mobile body repair service, he's coming over at the weekend to repair it for me. Will post pictures when it's done.

Reactions: TimD and cuke2u
Enjoyed a few nights in the Cotswolds, went down on the back roads opposed to the motorway for added fun.

A good day to get my car closer to the standards I set:

Attachments

• DSC_0353.JPG
    DSC_0353.JPG
    352.3 KB · Views: 350
  • DSC_0354.JPG
    DSC_0354.JPG
    342 KB · Views: 315
  • DSC_0355.JPG
    DSC_0355.JPG
    386.1 KB · Views: 327
  • DSC_0356.JPG
    DSC_0356.JPG
    378.2 KB · Views: 313
  • DSC_0357.JPG
    DSC_0357.JPG
    277.9 KB · Views: 319
  • DSC_0358.JPG
    DSC_0358.JPG
    198.8 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: Dave70, lsc05, pierreluigi88 and 1 other person
@cuke2u its looking really nice mate. Think I prefer the exhaust pipes on either side as opposed to the dual ones on mine

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Thanks for that, today was the first day since getting the car at the end of October 2016 I had the time, and the weather was kind enough, to do the clean that does the car justice. I think the results are fairly good considering it's not a full on detail. Yes the exhausts on either side look better to me as well.

Reactions: Brasso
Washed it, Angel waxed the windows, QD'ed the bonnet roof and tailgate, washed the missus car, done the same to that, took mine out for a Costa, went to hughes electrical, saw off some 3 series that thought he was quick. Went to the outlaws, now car sitting on drive dirty! Guess what I'll be doing tomorrow!!

Reactions: blackb9er and Keef
Is it possible to was the car twice in two consecutive days without a snigger or a sarcastic comment from a neighbour? The way I look at it is yeah, I've grafted my balls off all week to get a car I love so.....! Is this common?

Is it possible to was the car twice in two consecutive days without a snigger or a sarcastic comment from a neighbour? The way I look at it is yeah, I've grafted my balls off all week to get a car I love so.....! Is this common?

Well seems as my neighbours clean their cars every two months or so I think I would get a comment, but who cares :D

Reactions: S.line and Keef
That's a good excuse to get the bucket out then!

Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!

So washed my car, and the missus other car we have forsale. Cleared everything away then what ...... F'in bird strike, proper cluster bomb all over my car!
Buckets out, hose out, 3rd clean this weekend.

Now sitting outside with shotgun!

Reactions: Jcbmally, Dave70, duckduck and 1 other person
Banged the bottom of it coming off a steep driveway on to the road. This fell off! Trip to the dealers I think!

Attachments

• IMG_6722.JPG
    IMG_6722.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 261
Cleaned the car then went for drive with the Mrs whereupon she asked if that the little green shoe with the arrow that comes on when you are encouraged to lift off can be configured to show a stiletto shoe for the ladies instead. I said 'Of course not, this isn't a car for women'. I was rewarded with a slap :)

Reactions: PhxViper, pierreluigi88, Kestrel and 3 others
Banged the bottom of it coming off a steep driveway on to the road. This fell off! Trip to the dealers I think!

What's that? Looks like a jacking point?

Cleaned the car then went for drive with the Mrs whereupon she asked if that the little green shoe with the arrow that comes on when you are encouraged to lift off can be configured to show a stiletto shoe for the ladies instead. I said 'Of course not, this isn't a car for women'. I was rewarded with a slap :)

Pahahahahaa it's a stiletto in the S1 ;)

What's that? Looks like a jacking point?

Not sure, it's listed in the parts database as an "underrun bar". It's got a rubbery seal round the edge of the other side, so I presume it's covering something important!?

Celebrated reaching 1000 miles, training wheels coming off and celebrating with a long trip to Wales tomorrow. Be interesting to see what the mpg tops out as- sitting around 22 at the minute which isn't bad considering the power under foot!
a8139ae01124247073117528a0527648.jpg

still in search of the slow speed noise to the rear over bumps ....
decided to check tyre pressures using an AA branded tyre inflator, gave a reading of 50 psi at each corner
no wonder it was making a noise, running 35psi all round slight improvement to the noise
Now wondering if my car actually had an inspection on delivery either at delivery garage or collection dealership, surely that should of been caught?
also first wash after 19 days 900 miles ownership

Celebrated reaching 1000 miles, training wheels coming off and celebrating with a long trip to Wales tomorrow. Be interesting to see what the mpg tops out as- sitting around 22 at the minute which isn't bad considering the power under foot!
a8139ae01124247073117528a0527648.jpg

See in the `Consumption` box to the left of the speedo... a little green `battery` icon, I've been wondering what that's telling me. Any idea?
Many thanks.

Means your not using any fuel and energy is being stored

See in the `Consumption` box to the left of the speedo... a little green `battery` icon, I've been wondering what that's telling me. Any idea?
Many thanks.
Regen - uses engine braking and actual braking to add power back into your system.

Not getting that...coz its there all the time!

It's not the actual battery symbol that means that you're gaining energy. When you lift off or brake you'll see the mpg bar goes right to the end of the scale and changes from grey to green at the last segment above the battery to indicate you're gaining that energy.

Hope that makes sense. Have a look at it next time you hit the brakes or lift off to see what I mean. It doesn't do it every time but if you keep an eye on it it'll happen eventually for you.

It's not the actual battery symbol that means that you're gaining energy. When you lift off or brake you'll see the mpg bar goes right to the end of the scale and changes from grey to green at the last segment above the battery to indicate you're gaining that energy.

Hope that makes sense. Have a look at it next time you hit the brakes or lift off to see what I mean. It doesn't do it every time but if you keep an eye on it it'll happen eventually for you.

From what I can remember, when it's in the green you are charging a secondary battery that is used for the stop-start function. This battery is also used to reduce the load of the alternator when under acceleration to improve efficiency. If there are limited opportunities for the battery to charge, then the Stop-Start feature will kick in less frequently, or even not at all.

Do you not have to have the drive mode set to efficiency to get that?

Nope. Comes up in all modes, including dynamic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Daggerit