what happens if.....

A3tell

Reaction score
hi all.
received my k03s this morning :)!!!!!
i know this may sound like a silly question, but what will happen when i swap it for my remapped k03???
will it still just run to what it has been mapped to or will it drop or increase bhp?
will it mess stuff up if i change it over now??
not going to get the custom map done till i get the fmic done.
thanks to anyone with any knowledge on this!

I have a K04 hybrid thing fitted to my A4 1.8T and i'm still running it on the standard map. Works just fine, though the boost does spike a little bit if you hit the throttle hard in higher gears.

The AGU bases its boost on the airflow it sees, so it should continue making the same power as it does just now.

I'd certainly want a boost guage though to make sure its not doing anything silly.

already have one fitted pal....
just wasnt sure if it would mess the ecu up with it gulping in more air than the k03, cant be having it put itself in limp mode through over boost etc.
cheers anyway.

As i say, mines substantially bigger than the stock turbo and its fine. Its airflow figures are more or less the same as stock.

The only issue i've seen is if i floor it at say 3k in 4th or 5th the boost will spike up to maybe 13psi, and flick up and down a bit, before it eventually settles down to 10psi and stays there.

Yours might suffer more from this as its mapped, but then its also a smaller upgrade than i've done.

Mine was fine on my A3 when I fitted ko3S to my mapped ko3 AGU. no issues, car was a bit mroe pockey adn mroe responsive. But i would get the FMIC fited and get remapped when you as a AGU with a remapped ko3s is a very fun combination. Where are you going to remap/did you have remap?

Well Im getting my ko3s fitted on Monday and changing all gaskets and seals and having a service done, I already have my forge fmic fitted and car is booked in at Rtech on Friday, just like u a3tell I had my concerns but after speaking to Ben at Rtech he said it would be fine and looks forward to remapping it again as he did it the first time, was told it would be fine with no issues just watch my boost, I also did ask would I need any more mods done before coming to see them told him of lost of mods I had done and said it was perfect so don't worry mate but I would get fmic done first then turbo unless u need the turbo done ASAP what mods have u done if u don't mind me asking?

I too had my stage 1 done at R-tech, and as a returning customer nick is going to do me a full custome map once i am ready for £200!! :)
mods since then are..... 3" downpipe and decat-forge TIP and jetex filter with air feed-already had the 007p, have done the single mass flywheel and clutch conversion and the dogbone mount too, and coilovers fitted, also facelift front headlights as well.
alot of $ spent on her so far, just waiting to have the money for the fmic then she will be ready to go!! have already been told to expect 225-230 bhp all day long!! :)

Haha nice one mate Ben will be doing mine on march the 2nd for same price what a result!

My mods are below

Pipercross panel filter in smoothed and drilled airbox with cold feed running from lower front bumper
forge 007p dv
forge turbo hoses
3" downpipe and decat with ss exhaust system
remap stage 1 @ Rtech
k03s turbo going on Monday
Neuspeed turbo intake pipe to be fitted Monday aswell lol
forge fmic fitted with custom hoses and pipes

The car is very quick now and pulls so well and strong always makes me smile but can't wait for the turbo and remap and see what to expect if I get anywhere around 240bhp I would love it !! Be good to meet up one day mate and talk mods haha we are going down the same route I Wa thinking about doing the vr6 clutch flywheel option was it any good or made any difference? My car has only got 86k on the clock and seems fine with standard clutch is it worth changing?

its a deffinate mod to do for me!!! as the duel mass will get battered with the new torque figures, its lighter than the stock one and the sachs clutch is quite heavy duty, for me the engine seemed to pick up quicker and scream a little in high revs, it does make it a bit noisy but a is an easy sacrifice!!! lol
what were your figures for the stage 1???
would deff like to meet sometime, dont get much chance to talk vag in the groups i am part of!!

if you boys think your cars are quick at the moment on a stage 1 ko3, you're going to seriously LOVE the ko3S, it's the same increase as the stage 1 map all over again! SO much faster. Will be so worth it.

You're going to the right place too, Niki is king of the stage 2 ko3S AGU for sure!

Well thanks for the info a3tell I may consider doing it in the future when my clutch is on its way out. Ut it's doing good at the moment so will just wait till then lol I'm not too sure for figures I'm running now I think I'm running about 200bhp if not a little bit more mate as my car has has no expense spared on it and is low mileage for the year plus all the mods, I've has a great few races in it and always left me smiling when I leave other drivers behind me ! Be good to meet up one day mate seeing we are both going down the same road with mods etc gets more excited now for my stage 2! Lol

Well thanks for the info a3tell I may consider doing it in the future when my clutch is on its way out. Ut it's doing good at the moment so will just wait till then lol I'm not too sure for figures I'm running now I think I'm running about 200bhp if not a little bit more mate as my car has has no expense spared on it and is low mileage for the year plus all the mods, I've has a great few races in it and always left me smiling when I leave other drivers behind me ! Be good to meet up one day mate seeing we are both going down the same road with mods etc gets more excited now for my stage 2! Lol

195BHP is the most I have EVER seen from a K03 car, most are lucky to make 190.

Assuming you get 230BHP out of the stage 2 that is almost the same jump in power as from standard to stage 1 as Prawn said.

It's awesome, AGU with a K03s at stage 2 is IMO perfect as a road car.

I'm sure Jason.s made 199hp on his K03 A4 recently on an RTech map, and the A4 K03 is smaller than the A3 one...

oh no, stop the argument you two, or it'll all end in graphs again!

190-195bhp is the realistic max for an AGU on stock turbo, some VERY rare few will see 200 on some rollers, but it's unusual.

it gets to a point where mods really make no difference to peak figures, the stage 1 map pretty much maxes out the turbo anyway, and all else after that is pointless.

Now I can't wait to get the ko3s turbo fitted !! More power more fun lol, I was first going to go down the ko4 route but Ben at rtech preferred the ko3s route so I basically listened to him and fitted all their recommendations, I'm just looking for a quick motor that is reliable and strong all day long after the engine is sorted it will be bigger brakes and suspension next!

have to agree with prawn, your not going to get any more puff from the k03 at 195bhp,
personally i made 194 with 225 ftlb torque on a 97 agu....... i thought that was damn good for the age!!
anyway, am doing the k03s next weekend on the reccomendation from nick that it wont affect anything, then just got to save for the £400+ for the fmic and custom mapp!!!
once thats all done i can move to the exterior and make it look as good as she will go :)

I am totally loving how many people are getting themselves to R Tech with AGU engines and going for the stage 2 K03s plunge.

I know Prawn and I bang on about it all day, but you will be so impressed with it all. I am actually excited for all you guys!

Just make sure your cars are in tip top shape, Niki likes them running well. And try not to die when you hear your cars on the rollers at 7250rpm, it'll be fine. Hopefully :p

I will posting my results soon after the remap also may video it on the rollers if they let me!

Ha ha the battle has begun! Maybe I should start a bet with fellow members, what bhp will I get next Friday at rtech with my mods? Closest to actual power wins a prize!!

Lol at prawn!

Jardo, it was an Rtech map and an RTech power figure from RTechs Rollers

Pretty much gospel then, get in! That's a great figure.

I am going to say you make 228bhp and have a vacuum leak under the inlet manifold.

Any other takers?

How can I make sure I haven't any leaks?

It isn't easy, pressure test is the best way. Give it to Niki, if there is anything wrong with it then he will sniff it out...Kind of like a truffle pig, he will know it's there.

He sent my car away 140 miles back home with a list of things to fix before he agreed to map it, and nearly did the same with my girlfriends. He likes good cars, maybe that is part of what makes his cars the most powerful...He won't map/put his name on rubbish cars.

****** hell i better make sure the cars running sweet and without any problems before i make my 200 mile journey up there!!

Lol im now thinking the same thing.

Well when I get the turbo and service done on Monday will ask to have the car checked over for no leaks or any other funny noises and hope its ok before making the long journey,

Well when I get the turbo and service done on Monday will ask to have the car checked over for no leaks or any other funny noises and hope its ok before making the long journey,
Please pm me all your figures when you get back, I would like to know what to expect when I get mine all done!!!! Cheers.

Dont expect anything.. Just go and get it done.

How long have you had the Rtech stage 1 customboy?