What glass cleaner

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Very simple one here, I'm after a new glass cleaner and I usually use Auto Glym Fast Glass. I have found it ok but nothing special, so before I buy some more what do you all use.

I'm tempted to try Rain X glass cleaner and rain repellent... used the regular none cleaning stuff years ago and it just smudged and was awful on the windscreen but hopefully this stuff cleans as well as saving me using heaters on the windscreen for the cold and making wipers less necessary when it rains. For the time being I just use Turtle Wax glass cleaner, I know allot of people take issue with brands like Turtle Wax but they always seem to do wonders for me.

Reactions: mattyboyc
The best glass cleaner is neat vinegar and then wipe it off with a sheet of news paper

Reactions: DrStrange and DieselJake
Ive got to agree with @vr6gordy. My uncle is a science NUT and has sweared by this for years.

The alternative is to use Rubbing alcohol like isopropyl alcohol on the windscreen. Cheap and very effective.

Removing with a sheet of newspaper I've found to be very effective.

Wish I could show you but my glass comes out like its been freshly cut from the factory!

The best glass cleaner is neat vinegar and then wipe it off with a sheet of news paper

I've heard this works, but it must stink!!
Do I spray on to news paper then wipe glass or spray on to glass first. I'm curious now and will have to give it a go.

I tried it once but it left streaks and is surely no good for your paintwork :blink: maybe I just used the wrong vinegar or something, if it actually works out pretty good I'm down to give it a second chance.

Maybe we need to use Sarsons rather than Sainsburys own. :glee::glee:

Reactions: DrStrange
Most glass cleaners has some sort of vinger in the ingredients.. think that's why using it neat works so well .. it's the ink on the news paper that has something todo with it as well

For the inside? Shaving gel works great, also stops it steaming up, try it on the bathroom mirror next time!

Go to B&Q and get Nilco glass cleaner, think it £3 for a litre, all I use now. Power maxed glass cleaner isn't bad either.

Gosh, at this rate.. why dont we put fish and chips on the wind shield too :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Oh yes, the one down side is it STINKS.

ps. White spirit vinegar is best.

Go to B&Q and get Nilco glass cleaner, think it £3 for a litre, all I use now. Power maxed glass cleaner isn't bad either.

I gave up on Nilco glass cleaner years ago as wife always claimed it for using inside the house, it is very good though, to be honest, I'm probably too lazy about things like glass cleaning though and usually get very annoyed when I can't see clearly through the windscreen! I've got quite a few other glass cleaners in the garage including AutoGlym.

Never found a scotch pie to be useful though.