What features don't you use?

Reverse mirror dip......Because I haven't got it fitted:sorrow:

Reactions: Jassyo06, S3 Turbo, Sandra and 2 others
A feature I do use now and then is the (not) panoramic roof, but I only recently twigged that I don't have to hold the switch to operate it back and forth and it has one touch open/close. Doh!

Don't use the lighter/ashtray combo. I usually only pay to park in Bath and you need a credit card for that, so I don't need the change.

Reactions: Rob2k68, S3 Turbo, SW14NY'S and 1 other person
Cigarette lighter. I have a garage door remote in the lighter socket.

Reactions: Rob2k68, pburv and S3 Turbo
Yeah cigarette lighter never used.
In Sweden we can chose 'non smoking pack' with usb sockets, etc for free instead but forgot to mention it. :(

Reactions: Rob2k68 and pburv
Manual mode on dsg.
(Sometimes use the pads to gear down, but almost never explicitly changing to M mode.)

All the nannying, kick down, auto gear up, etc makes it lose the feeling, really same as the regular s mode...
:cry:

Reactions: Rob2k68 and batch
Yeah cigarette lighter never used.
In Sweden we can chose 'non smoking pack' with usb sockets, etc for free instead but forgot to mention it. :(

Do you have a picture of the USB socket? Are they OEM?? I don't use the lighter socket either, have the torch light in place of the lighter right now, and the ashtray for storing small items. But would love to have an OEM USB socket, using aftermarket right now...

Also don't use that little cupboard under the seat. What is the point in that?!

Reactions: Rob2k68
Also don't use that little cupboard under the seat. What is the point in that?!

Hiding narcotics of course. Duh.

On topic:

I never use:

- S-Tronic manual mode except to change down gears to anticipate something.
- Voice control, except when I first got the car
- 12V socket
- The radio (generally, I never listen to radio)

Tell you one thing I loved though - the luggage net they provide which attaches to hooks in the boot. Great to hold shopping in place.

Front passenger stowage nets for fear of stretching them, or auto wipers. Turned them off even though I have the auto lights etc to stop scratches on windscreen should it have been a dusty day and then it rains before I have the chance to wipe them.

Sad, I know but I don't care.

Reactions: richinsoton, Ignition1 and Rob2k68
Front passenger stowage nets for fear of stretching them, or auto wipers. Turned them off even though I have the auto lights etc to stop scratches on windscreen should it have been a dusty day and then it rains before I have the chance to wipe them.

Sad, I know but I don't care.

Turn the auto wipers on....even when switched on they will not start until you flip the stalk. It is a safety feature to stop damage on icy mornings (not dusty days)

Reactions: Rob2k68 and daytonamart
Turn the auto wipers on....even when switched on they will not start until you flip the stalk. It is a safety feature to stop damage on icy mornings (not dusty days)
Didn't know this... I always tend to flick it down then back to position 1 when it starts raining even in my old car as it never seemed to do anything otherwise haha

Now I know why

Reactions: Daveotto and Rob2k68
Audi connect got it,never used it

I thought Audi Connect looked quite good? Google Maps, traffic updates and in-car WiFi seem the best features.

Though having thought about it more...in the MY17 car, I think you can hook your Android or iOS phone to the car to mirror Google Maps + other apps. And doesn't the WiFi rely on a good mobile data connection from the in-car SIM? I assume the only time I'll need WiFi is when I don't have good reception on my phone, which would usually mean no WiFi for the car either...?

Or does the WiFi use your phone?

On my A3 with rain sensors, the wipers will operate immediately when I turn on the engine if the windscreen is wet.

Reactions: richinsoton
Do you have a picture of the USB socket? Are they OEM?? I don't use the lighter socket either, have the torch light in place of the lighter right now, and the ashtray for storing small items. But would love to have an OEM USB socket, using aftermarket right now...

I'm currently on vacation abroad and only have Internet access through phone.

Tbh only thing I remember for sure is that there exists non smoking pack and that it is a free option (in Sweden).

You can find the exact details in car configurator at audi.se

I thought Audi Connect looked quite good? Google Maps, traffic updates and in-car WiFi seem the best features.

Though having thought about it more...in the MY17 car, I think you can hook your Android or iOS phone to the car to mirror Google Maps + other apps. And doesn't the WiFi rely on a good mobile data connection from the in-car SIM? I assume the only time I'll need WiFi is when I don't have good reception on my phone, which would usually mean no WiFi for the car either...?

Or does the WiFi use your phone?
WiFi can't use your phones Internet connection it has to be a 3Rd party sim card,or yeah take your sim card out your mobile, bit inconvenient though

Park Assist - complete waste of time - came standard in our Yeti and never used it once. Certainly not worth paying extra for. Front and rear parking sensors are more than enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

On my A3 with rain sensors, the wipers will operate immediately when I turn on the engine if the windscreen is wet.
I'm changing my mind and thinking this may be the case. Was driving along today, with stalk in auto position (from before I turned the car on) and the sensor must have picked something up and swiped the wipers so maybe it is active even without moving the stalk each time?

I'm changing my mind and thinking this may be the case. Was driving along today, with stalk in auto position (from before I turned the car on) and the sensor must have picked something up and swiped the wipers so maybe it is active even without moving the stalk each time?

Maybe there is some sort of motion/speed logic in the algorithm - mine certainly does not swipe a wet windscreen when I turn on the ignition. Perhaps it's similar to the auto lock feature that only locks the doors above a certain speed

Reactions: azibux1
Auto air con, in fact air con at all to be honest, it only gets used when the Mrs drives the car.

Maybe there is some sort of motion/speed logic in the algorithm - mine certainly does not swipe a wet windscreen when I turn on the ignition. Perhaps it's similar to the auto lock feature that only locks the doors above a certain speed
I may have exaggerated slightly - my wipers operate automatically after moving off with a wet windscreen, without human intervention.

Reactions: azibux1
So do mine. And the rear one if I put the car in reverse. This was deeply annoying when I had the OEM screechy bump judder blade fitted, but it's now perfectly quiet since fitting a new aftermarket one. Bosh!